1. A no-so-short post addressing what's been going on recently.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by getvaked, Aug 29, 2010.

1. rodders83

rodders83 High temp Indica lover

Just using a monitor pixels per inch calulator bro, And it gvies the maths on how sharp it is really blur and ppi is all that matters in gaming. Sven.de says 230ppi undocked and docking is 900p split across your displays size and res. But it scales bad when you go above the pixels for example 1080p on 4K has 4 times the pixels you an only fill one out of four with info. It will be worse on 8k so i hate the effect.

So to match a switch you need a 19inh 4k display which is incredible compared to docked mode Some may have 4x less. 2560 Ultrawide is a close match for 1:1 which is better especially the 29".

Prolusio and muunch like this.
  2. muunch

muunch zzzzz

Looks pretty good but I do get the impression it's stretched on this monitor sometimes (obviously) it is 29in tho.

I think I'll be grabbing that new 27in, 4k, 144hz ASUS monitor once it's released tho and will probably sell the 2 monitors I have now :)

But word, I got you on the undocked display. Good to know that considering PPI/DPI it's a good display.

I will say that my scaling was really fucked up when I was playing on my monitor, then leaned over and grabbed my buddies undocked switch to help him with something. It felt like the camera was fucked up lol,

Prolusio likes this.
  3. muunch

muunch zzzzz

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

Orisa just launched on overwatch, thats pretty exciting, been trying some LOTR online and i might get back into PoE as well, still some CS:GO occasionally :)
    waiting on the nintendo switch and scared of pulling the trigger on a HTC vive

Vapor_Eyes and Prolusio like this.
  5. muunch

muunch zzzzz

I think LG is actually going to repair my monitor luckily, but... I'm debating on picking up a new monitor and just selling the LG and my Asus... The color is just bad on the Asus and I'd rather just use my LG with the vertical line it than deal with bad color reproduction.

Anyway, to get to my point: people here have any opinions on these 2 monitors?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06X...p;pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=aoc+agon+ag352ucg

or

https://www.amazon.com/OMEN-HP-35-Curved-Display/dp/B01N0TFAW6

not sure how much I'll care about the aesthetics of my monitor and its bezel in reality, which seems to be a majority of the difference...

6. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

i feel like the OMEN brand is super cheap BUT im not too familiar with the AOC, but based on looks and my bias i would go with the AOC

muunch likes this.
  7. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Nier Automata is unlike any other game you will play. If you like jrpg's it is a nobrainer. Even if you don't it's worth a try. I'm on the 3rd "ending" now. Without giving any spoilers the whole "endings" thing is a bit of a gimmick. It's more like chapters if you will. Like Pulp Fiction if it was a game.

HellsWindStaff, Prolusio and muunch like this.
  8. muunch

muunch zzzzz

So, upon researching I found they pretty much have exactly the same panel, except the OMEN has a slightly newer version. All I know is that is has slimmer edges allowing for the smaller bezel on it.

In reality, I don't care and slim, non-glossy bezels aren't worth the $300 diff for me.

Waiting to see what happens with my LG but I'm thinking I'll be getting the AOC soon.

Also, I got my screenprotectors for my switch in and they're dope. No bubbles/dust and it's pretty thick. Now I'll start lugging it around and see how the backpack is.

81 shrines and like 150 korok seeds in BotW atm. I wasn't going for completionism at first (and still won't be) but I wanna do all shrines, max all relevant armor and maybe complete the compendium and max out inventory. At this pace things will be all good tho cos I wouldn't beat it now even if I had 100%. I want to witness the ending in full glory. Not on some crummy 16:9 monitor, or my broken LG or the small ass switch screen

edit: word nier automata looked dope, may pick it up. i love jrpgs and especially squareenix for whatever reason

deadheadbill, Prolusio and Vapor_Eyes like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors