Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong I messaged Bud last night on VLF thinking that is the best way to reach him. I can only imagine how busy he is so I'm in no rush.

Currently 16w with a 6 min preheat is the sweet spot for myself. I have noticed that one of the heater wires is more exposed (outside of the glass beads) and has that metal patina already happening, maybe that could be why I have to run it higher?

Creeper,

Cl4ud3

@LabPong ahhh, that makes sense especially regarding battery life. When I finish one session it usually displays ~30% charge remaining so I'm way off your numbers.

@Cl4ud3 I sent Bud a message last night through Vape Life forum, is there a better way to reach him?

If you let me know over there or here your username I will try and get him to see it.

BestBuds

The Dude
@LabPong I messaged Bud last night on VLF thinking that is the best way to reach him. I can only imagine how busy he is so I'm in no rush.

Currently 16w with a 6 min preheat is the sweet spot for myself. I have noticed that one of the heater wires is more exposed (outside of the glass beads) and has that metal patina already happening, maybe that could be why I have to run it higher?
No. That's normal. It could be a loose connection maybe?

BestBuds,
Reactions: Creeper

LabPong

What is the ohm reading when the mod is cold?

LabPong,

Hippie

Depends on the depth of the Elev8R style bowl and flow rate you're trying to heat in my experience
My fav bowl is a 14mm adapter which takes about 11W (3.55V)
But I also have a couple of 18mm adapters which take over 14W (over 4V)

Hippie,
Reactions: Creeper

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong here is the pic of the heater/wire

I'm not familiar with mods but when I turn on the mod cold it's at zero I believe, do you want to know what it is when I first fire it up?

EDIT: when hooked up to the heater cold it displays...

Last edited:
Creeper,

LabPong

Ok cool....your Ohms are reading .82....that is very good..it shows low resistance which would allow your heater to work to its normal settings. The ohm reading might rise a bit when the mod is hot or during use.

Lozo

@Cl4ud3 and @Baron23 thank you both for the great advice. I checked the RDA wire terminations and they seemed fine and firmly in position. I get different resistance readings every time I unscrew and tighten the RDA to the Mod. Ranged from 1.33 to now 0.94 ?!?? Why is that ?

Lozo,

Baron23

Why is that ?

Dunno....maybe the connections aren't as good as they appear? maybe the 510 joint is a bit wonky and messing with the RDA jostled it a bit???

Bu .94 when cold is def where you want to be. 1.33 cold is not where you want to be.

Baron23,

Lozo

Getting and then leaving the G43 at a lower resistance has improved it for me significantly. I was running at 13.5 W with 5 min preheat and then 1 minute in between draws. This now feels too hot and will experiment at lower wattages now I've got the Mod to read 0.92. Can the resistance not be locked at a lower value ? Thanks @Baron23 I'm going to double check the connection.

Such great help on this forum as always, thanks all.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
So Bud got back to me on VLF and confirmed everything is normal with my unit. Using it through the ELEV8R just requires more juice then without it. I have a couple of Samsung 30Q batteries coming in so hopefully rotating the batteries and charging them slower should help prolong them.

This vape is incredible, has anyone tried to create like a jacket or case to capture and reflect heat loss? I'm thinking something like that would allow me to run the heater with a lower wattage if that heat loss is directed back into the unit.... hmmmm, 420 science time?
:science:

BestBuds

The Dude
This vape is incredible, has anyone tried to create like a jacket or case to capture and reflect heat loss? I'm thinking something like that would allow me to run the heater with a lower wattage if that heat loss is directed back into the unit.... hmmmm, 420 science time?

I cut some silicone tubing to cover it so I didn't burn myself when stoopid high. Does that count? :science:
IMG_20200316_104306.jpg

LabPong

No off gassing smells BB? I have been think of using wood for a long time....or maybe wood with a bit of kevlar or other material in between.

Basically you make a 2 piece cylinder cut in half lengthwise...then use wire/hemp or something to bind it on.

BestBuds

The Dude
No off gassing smells BB? I have been think of using wood for a long time....or maybe wood with a bit of kevlar or other material in between.

Basically you make a 2 piece cylinder cut in half lengthwise...then use wire/hemp or something to bind it on.

Weirdly no. I only used it like that 2 times because I was clumsy and kept burning my hand. LOL.

I wanted to make a wood one with some high temp cloth like you said but held on with a few tiny magnets. :hmm::worms: maybe a good pandemic project :rofl:

MileHighHuman

In what ways?

Because you can control the temperature. Only one temperature on a vaporizer isn't something id want tbh.

People have different flavor, potency, and extraction speed preferences. Plus it allows to experiment with different set ups just like adding an ELEV8R bowl, etc.

The sledgehammer looks like an easier design to use / move compared to the mod version, but that's just my assumption from looking at photos/videos.

Also, I feel the MOD version has another advantage with it being able to be used with dual battery mods, which will equal longer battery life for the vape.

Please correct me on anything if im wrong.

MileHighHuman,
Top Bottom