G on G sized drill/router bit

JettyRatt

does anyone know where i can find bits for cutting a 18mm G on G female socket in wood/bone/antler

JettyRatt,

JettyRatt

i am looking too modding a long churchwarden/gandalf in order to perminately set a 18f to 14f low profile glass adapter in order to make a stem for a lotus

JettyRatt,

2pumpchump

I think I saw some place that had them on a search binder for something else.. can't find it right now it's usually male fittings I have to do ..
I had to make a few WPA for
Some of my first vapes and when started using WP with them b4 I got some glass ones...
For females I use 2or 3 bits at different depth and hand bliend them .. this might a better option for you to get the lowest profile possible on a female condition on both ends. If I am understanding what you are doing correctly?

2pumpchump,

JettyRatt

i was in error when i stated 18f as an end of the adapter more correctly it is 18m 14f adapter and i have been doing some research for bits and i think you are on point with the multiple drill bits and dremmel work to get it to fit it is not a problem that it will not be a perfect fit as it is planned to be epoxied in

JettyRatt,

JettyRatt

that is exactly what i described - low profile adapter 18m/14f - fitting that into a wooden bowled long stem churchwarden

JettyRatt,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
You don't need to cut a taper, just a straight sided hole that is narrow enough to catch the top lip, and wide enough to allow the 18mm male part of the fitting to fully insert! Just measure the top of the joint and find a bit that's appropriate 👍
You could also put an O'ring or bit of silicone tube on the lower part of the glass joint that sits in the hole if You can access the thinest part after its fitted to snug it in.

or if you like more complicated.....
DIY Solution, use an 18mm male female adaptor, wrap some abrasive silicone carbide paper around the male part. You can use super glue if you like but as the paper heats up with friction the glue can give.
Use Your 18mm joint covered in abrasive paper to ream out the top part of hole you drilled out so it accepts the 18mm to 14.5mm adaptor a bit more snugg.
Or buy a reamer in the right size.

Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom