Frustrated beginner, Dab OTG vape pen not working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isntitveird

I'm brand new to vaping and recently purchased a Dab OTG vape pen. I have a gram of Sour Diesel wax which I am attempting to vaporize. I am having no luck getting it to work.

How do you pack the wax without getting it everywhere? The wax I have is very sticky. It reminds me of very thick honey. I have a dab tool, but everything just sticks together. When trying to manipulate the wax, it creates a bunch of strands (like hairs). I'm having a hard time getting the wax from the parchment paper it came on to the bowl.

Where is the wax supposed to go? If I scrape it on the sides of the ceramic bowl, it doesn't vaporize. It just melts down and collects at the bottom. If I put the wax directly on the coil, it burns for a split second and then melts to the bottom.

I've been playing with it for a while and have wasted about a half of a gram but I still haven't even gotten a real hit yet. Help, what am I doing wrong?

Isntitveird,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Not sure about that particular brand, but from your post it sounds like just a tiny dab should be applied on the coil. If it's running down to the bottom, maybe try putting less on there. It took me a while to figure out how small a dab should really be. Some pens are only made to have a single hit applied at once.

For really sticky waxes I put them in the fridge or freezer for a bit, to harden them up and stop the stretchy strings of stickiness.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
When the wax melts off the coil, you can also very carefully, without touching the coil, scrape the wax back up with a toothpick. Stay away from the coil itself so that it doesn't break. Just scrape the wax up and replace it on the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom