Fruity Rice Krispy Squares...(and then some!)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cooking time. I made 2 batches of cannabutter, one for me, and one for a friend (he is among us!). With each batch I made 2 "loads" of Fruity Rice Krispy Treats for a total of a whopping FOUR loads of the rice Krispy Squares.
DSC00852.jpg

The ingredients for a double load.(Water under the cannabutter will be discarded!)

DSC00863.jpg

A lot of Sugar (and meds!)

DSC00854.jpg

2 batches done a double load!

DSC00862.jpg

A load packaged (behind) and a second double load up front!

Photoon2011-12-02at08072.jpg

Wow man..Look at all the colors!

The results were delicious and then my wife Patty scolded me for leaving behind butter with meeds in it at the bottom of the bowl!
DSC00857.jpg

She has had me gather the butter, and instructed me to come up with some ABV to make up the "difference"
DSC00859.jpg

so she could make me a "half batch" of Cannabutter/ABV combo peanut butter cookies!
DSC00860.jpg

Untitledcopy.jpg

I ran it through my Krupp Herb Grinder.
DSC00861.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

The Fruity Rice Krispy Squares, in spite of the fun appearance are wonderfully medicating.

The peanut butter cookies well let's say that they are the best of both worlds. The pure buzz of fresh Cannabutter, mixed with that heavy body high and pain relief of ABV from Sour Deisel.
Those who say ABV does not work on them.. step back, because this is a killer combo that covers both ends of the spectrum!

Vitolo,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Mmmm, loving the peanut butter cookies. You may have to ask the lovely lady for the recipe and post it Vitolo.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vitolo

Vaporist
That recipe....... was for a half batch .... and it went like this:

3/4 stick (a hair over 1/3 cup) of cannabutter
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water (to compensate for the ABV we will use)
1/2 cup peanut butter
Blend well and mix with dry ingredients (already blended)
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 cup ABV
1/2 teaspoon salt

mix well, and then kneed into a thick clay like dough. Roll into balls and flatten slightly..
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes!

Vitolo,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thank you very much. I love peanut butter. I will get through my current batch of brownies first and then use this recipe for my next load of medibles.

Question: Why do you add the ABV to the mix? Won't it just add more of a 'green' taste to the end product?

I wonder if I can find a recipe to make canna'peanut'butter. I guess it might work if I used smooth peanut butter. I may have to experiment with this one if I can't find one.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vitolo

Vaporist
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Question: Why do you add the ABV to the mix? Won't it just add more of a 'green' taste to the end product?
Answer: After all was done, my wife....
Vitolo said:
scolded me for leaving meds behind... She has had me gather the butter, and instructed me to come up with some ABV to make up the "difference"
there was not enough butter there to make the cookies into a medicating dose. (one would have had to eat 6 cookies!)
True it added some herb flavor to the cookies, but I don't mind the taste of more herb... to me it tastes like I am on my way to a comfortable place!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I Love peanut butter too! knowing me i would end up adding more pb then you used vito :p

Nycdeisel,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ahh, ok I see. Sorry, the answer was there but the pictures distracted me :)

So, I can just up the dose of butter I use and avoid using the ABV. Not that I particularly dislike the taste myself but I don't want to detract too much from the lovely peanut butter.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes of course!...
Remember... that was only left over butter.
I had made 2 whole pounds of cannabutter, from 2 ounces of top grade medical bud.
I was about to wash dishes when my wife pointed out that I left behind 1/4 cup of butter in the bowl!
that is 1/2 stick of meds!
Patty made this 1/2 stick into the cookies.. and they would have been fine without the ABV....
The rice krispy treats are for any time... The ABV cookies are form nighttime relief and rest!

BTW, my Peanut Butter loving vaporist.......
You can always fatten up the PB amount in a recipe.. Peanut butter due to its nature is a flexible food product to add to pastries!

Vitolo,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Vitolo,

Those Rice Kristy Squares look marvelous. I am totally ignorant about edibles, just starting to learn. Do you have a recipe you can point me to for these?

And I presume I'll be able to find instructions for making cannabutter here on FC? (I don't trust Google for something like that; the info sources could be from anywhere. But I know the folks here on FC know their stuff.)

Thanks in advance.

oldiebutgoodie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are dozens of butter recipes.... all likely somewhat valid.
I have done weekly butter batches like this for 40+ years.. and it works great.
Use only good bud.
(if you use trim you will need to adjust up, and then when all done pour much boiling water through pulp to get excess butter out... and then squeeze well)

Use 1 pound of unsalted butter
1 ounce of dried, ground flowers.. Bud only
use crock pot so you do not risk ruining the batch with water evaporation
2 quarts water.. boiling
DSC00435.jpg

add 1 pound butter, set crock pot to medium (if no medium setting use low)
when butter is melted add weed, and stir it in well
stir and agitate hourly, for 10-12 hours.. add water if needed (cover between stirs)
When done, get large glass pitcher or measuring cup (graduated in size with wider mouth.. for easy removal)
pour it all in there(through screen makes it cleaner)
DSC00467.jpg

Let it settle in fridge.. a plug of butter at top will result.
Use this butter in a recipe as "a cup"
When I do this for 12 hours, the moistures are boiled off.
That pound will weigh 8-10 ounces when done.

Use a Rice Krispy Square recipe from any box.. or marshmallow bag!

Vitolo,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Vitolo,

Thanks very much! I was thinking (incorrectly I see) that there might be something special you were doing with the Krispies, didn't occur to me that it would be your butter recipe + the standard Krispies squares recipe. I'll check out the marshmallow bag, too - the Krispies box I have at the moment only has those darned kids video game promotions all over it :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,
Top Bottom