Forgetting food in the oven/microwave....c'mon be honest :)

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Just happened to me right now. Home made oven fries (potatoe wedges/olive oil/sea salt/spices/bake until done), and kinda forgot them until the 45 minute mark when I was supposed to check em at 20 min. I've cooked casseroles almost dry and have thoroughly blackened puff pastry.

Not in the overcooking department, but 3 weeks ago I unplugged the wrong freezer (was going to defrost the small one but unplugged the larger one) and lost a lot of food.

Eh? My own fault :cool:

Tom

tdavie,
You know what's worse than forgetting food? Thouroughly preheating an oven and then realizing "HOLY SHIT there's some plastic bowl" or wooden serving tray or some crap you just stowed in there earlier, and you can smell the Fing plastic. That's a bummer.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

Timer usually works for me. But sometimes, soups can throw a big boiling bubble all over the oven before the soups been throughly heated. And man..........thats like a minin-explosion when it happens.

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Honestly probably the biggest danger of getting too stoned, forgetting about the stuff you have cooking in the oven. No good, that's when timers are a great friend. Besides, eating burnt pizza can really harsh a buzz :lol:

aesthyrian,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
short term memory loss...i dunno, but i leave burners on twice a month (but never hear the end of it).

VWFringe,

Nosferatu

My dad leaves burners on more than me and he never touched weed. So remember all people forget things and wanna only notice it when the stoner does.

Nosferatu,

crawdad

floatin
my issue is usually with sprinklers, it doesn't happen too often but sometimes i will turn it on just as im beginning to vape and....well....yeah.

crawdad,

Carbon

Haven't done this in forever but did put my leftover food on top the car the other night while getting the dog to go get in the car. Then forgot about the food and drove away with it all on top of the car. Oops. :uhoh:

Carbon,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
ahaha I drove miles through springdale Utah with a pair of shoes on the roof LMAO. And I was wondering why everyone was so nice, waving at me and all. :D I was really surprised they stayed put.

aesthyrian,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
lost 24g's of ABV making butter about a month ago. checked it for the first 2 hours then got vaked and forgot about it until about 3.5 hours....had about 3 hours worth of water boiling and ran to the kitchen to find burnt, bubbling, abv butter....nasty

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom