For those who have a bit of time; verifying my piece choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genoxin

Hey F.C.
I've been lurking the forums for a bit now, usually found the information i needed without finding myself to make a post. I should start this post with a bit about myself; I'm 18, and my college is only a 10 minute drive away, so I'm stuck in the same house as my parents still. I dont own my own pipe\piece yet, i only borrow them so far. I smoke the 'green' of 30's quality every other weekend with friends HOWEVER i do make tea and smoke plenty of legal herbs very very often (every 3 days-ish). I guess it would be proper to tell you what i have:::

(wormwood & st johns wort)2 pounds + (Damiana & skullcap)3 oz (All legal herbs), 100 brass screens (came free with my order of herbs), 1 scale, and a nice Chromium Crusher.

After doing lots of research on vaporizing (and i mean LOTS), I decided I'd be stupid to not to buy a vaporizer. These are my requirements for my piece.
-Vaporizer (obviously)
-Around $50
-Portable (i plan to secretly vape in my house)
-Learning Curve doesnt matter too much (I.e. roasting)

What I've come down to is combining a vaporstar with a roor medium steamroller. This would be just around $50, look decent, and allow me to vape alone with my roor, or if going social, only bringing my vaporstar. I've heard the vaporstar is hard for first-timers, but since i have so much non-expensive legal herbs that I can practice on, Ill have plenty of practice to perfect it.

I'd like to get the final OK from the Pros before i actually order my vaporstar & roor steamroller.
Under these requirements \ circumstances, would you say that my choice fits me well? If not, what would be a good piece & why.

Thanks in Advance,
Genoxin

Genoxin,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Genoxin,
you won't find much for $50 of any quality but the vapor genie would be your best choice, I think.
try searching craigslist for something used locally but research to see if it's good here before buying.
Usually the starting price for a good electric vape is about 150, stealthy or not.

jeffp,

dadesign

yes dnt make the mistake of being tempted to buy a vape off ebay for that price. they do the job but you have to pay some more to the job much much better. I am getting a MZ this week sometime and I have little stash left reserved just for that..could last me a a week or so more. oh cant wait

dadesign,

Beezleb

I agree with your choice and I believe the Vaporstar is the perfect vape for your situation. The vapor genie and magic flight launch box would also be a good consideration but for using your glass the vaporstar is ideal.

The Vaporgenie and magic flight launch box also cost a bit more than your stated range.

Beezleb,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Using your legal herbs to practice is a good idea, but vape temps might not be the same, vapor production might not be the same..

I'd suggest practicing with cannabis, I mean it only makes sense.. that's like practicing baseball with wiffle balls. Might as well do it right.. you torch your weed learning to use the VS, lesson learned! You'll make sure never to do that again.. haha.

aznfknpride,

Genoxin

Let me add this to my first post:
My money range can swing a good amount upwards \ downwards if it TRULY is worth it for a low-average smoker. Keep in mind, that whatever is left after vaping, i put into brownies, so even if i use a low quality vaper, my brownies will just be more potent.

jeffp said:
Hey Genoxin,
you won't find much for $50 of any quality but the vapor genie would be your best choice.
What does the vaporgenie have over the vaporstar? I've been doing some research and have heard very good things both ways. Only reason I'm leaning toward the vaporstar is because you can get vapor a lot faster. With the Genie, I'd imagine it takes a bit longer to heat up, but besides that they're the same.
~
Beezleb said:
The vapor genie and magic flight launch box would also be a good consideration but for using your glass the vaporstar is ideal.

The Vaporgenie and magic flight launch box also cost a bit more than your stated range.
I looked into the magic flight launch box, and it doesnt seem really too good. It looks like it might break really easily. Also, i dont see a temperature nob on it, which makes it seem...risky.
::::
After starting to look at slightly more expensive models, i found several things that interest me.
I look notice of the Purple Days a good amount, it doesnt scream 'smoker' and it can be conveniently placed on a bookshelf. Sure it isnt portable, but I've seen videos of it getting beaten up and it still worked properly. But $180 seems a bit steep.

I began to look more into the vaporgenie, and it does seem to appeal to me now a bit more. I dont know why though. Maybe its because I've seen so many reviews and positive things said about it.

Currently; I've re-prioritized interests have taken vaporgenie to be #1
A more expensive\worthy electric one to be #2.

With more persuasion, those might change.

In a rush; Ill try to further this post later tonight.

Genoxin,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I looked into the magic flight launch box, and it doesnt seem really too good. It looks like it might break really easily. Also, i dont see a temperature nob on it, which makes it seem...risky.
It's pretty sturdy, you're going to have to do something very wrong to break it.

As for temp control, the LB is far easier to use and maintain a solid temperature compared to the VS/VG. I have never scorched/combusted on the LB, not even when I first got it. The lighter vapes on the other hand require the most skill of any vaporizer to maintain vape temperature and you will most definitely burn a few bowls while learning the ropes.

Chubba,

max

Out to lunch
Genoxin, I don't know that I agree about the Vaporstar being that much faster than the Genie, but if you have glass, the Vaporstar itself from dieselvapors is only about $26.50 delivered (with FC discount) and an excellent deal.

As Chubba said, the Vaporstar and Genie need control for both ignition time and draw speed, so I don't know why the lack of temp control on the Launch Box bothers you. I have all three and much prefer the LB for portable use. And it's not easily breakable at all. I probably wouldn't be satisfied with any of the three as my only vape. I have been sufficiently spoiled by other models though.

The PD is portable, just not as it comes, except for car use. Battery power is available, but certainly it's not a 'walk around portable'. As for $180 being steep, most PD owners would disagree. In fact, quite a few FC members own more than one. It's certainly the best stealth vape I can think of for home use. With no vapor tube in sight, it's a legitimate oil diffuser and should raise no suspicions.

max,

Rin101

I haven't tried the Vaporstar or Launch Box, but I've been using my VaporGenie for 3 months and I absolutely love it..and I live with my parents, too- vapor is definitely the way to go.

I'm sure whichever one you end up buying you will be extremely happy with :)

Rin101,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I really feel that the best overall solution is to save up for a Purple Days - they're 180 shipped, and there's a two month plus wait period, but it's well worth it. You could hook up a bong to it if you like; it's pretty versatile. As far as efficiency, durability and effectiveness I don't think the PD has any peer, although some may disagree. It's about 20 times better than the Vapor Genie. Plus the inventor of the PD posts here alot, aside from the 3 year warranty, Tom is always very helpful with advice. However if you already have the glass bong you may as well just get the Vapor Star - it's not a major investment.

jeffp,

Genoxin

Hey FC,
sorry for my lack of posts, Didnt have internet for 2 days.
Recently a good $350 fell into my hands so I've decided to roll big on vaporizers.

So Now that i can pool some more money into my vape, It seems that the P-Days Vape is very well spoken of & captures my interest. I suppose i can wait the 2 months.

max said:
The PD is portable, just not as it comes, except for car use. Battery power is available, but certainly it's not a 'walk around portable'.
By portable, i mean; get to my friends dorm\house, sit down, and start vaping.

Where would i acquire this 'battery power'?
How do you know if the PD is ready to start vaping with? I've noticed it doesnt have any indicators...

If all goes accordingly, I'll order my PD within a week & video\text review on it in 2+ months.

Genoxin,

owin

At first it will be hard to know when it is ready but after having the PD for 4 months or so now I can just tell when it is ready by how hot it feels. Some other people suggest putting essential oils or a shotglass full of bud on top and when you start smelling things it should be close to hot enough.

If you are driving to friend's house you could use the included car adapter to keep the PD plugged in on the way there and all you have to do is plug it into the wall when you get to your destination. I have done this a couple times and works great never losing any heat.

Oh, also another thing someone mentioned in one of the PD threads that seems to be true, basically the amount of time the PD is unplugged is how much time it will need to be plugged in before ready. Now obviously there are multiple factors in this but it seems to be true for the most part. The max amount of time to need to be plugged in probably around 45 minutes before fully heated from a cold PD.:2c:

owin,

max

Out to lunch
The smallest battery pack I know of that you can use is the Vapolution pack. The connection isn't a perfect fit, but it works, and you can switch it out for the correct size if you can do a little DIY. It'll give you 90 min. or so. You don't get as much vaping time if you start it up cold with the BP of course.

If you just want to move it from home to car to home, it won't take much time at all to get it back to vaping temp. The heat exchanger holds heat well-still at vaping temp a few min. after unplugging it.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Or you could get a PD and Vapor Genie ($50) and have the best of both worlds.

jeffp,

Genoxin

max said:
The smallest battery pack I know of that you can use is the Vapolution pack.
Thank You, i was looking for the smallest \ cheapest, because I dont plan to have it on much longer then that.

jeffp said:
Or you could get a PD and Vapor Genie ($50) and have the best of both worlds.
I was actually thinking about buying both. It'd actually be cheaper then a battery pack and it would fit certain situations that a PD wouldn't.

I just want to give a final thanks to all of FC.
After researching & looking threw several things for 2 weeks, FC helped me pick and decide in 2 days.
All thats left for me now is to do is order my PD & VG.

Ill be sure to leave a review on the Forums once i get my product.
Many Thanks Again,
Genoxin

Genoxin,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Great choice! I got a Teak hand carved VG and my cherry PD shipped yesterday. The VG should keep you content til the PD gets there.

aznfknpride,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom