for those of you using NACE whats the ratio of drops to water?

ou812?

Hey fellow glass worshipers and those using NACE in their pieces,has any one figured out how much of the NACE is optimal :shrug: basically a ratio mix would help.Most of my glass are bubbs and not large but was wondering if 1-2 drops per fluid ounce? are we looking to just tint the water or make cranberry juice? any info or suggestions on what any of you have done is appreciated,thank you :leaf:

ou812?,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
No ratios unfortunately, I try to get the water a pinkish/redish color.
(It's kinda semantics, but I think it looks like a light shade of red when fresh, and a light shade of pink as it gets a bit staler.)

Here's how many drops I use for the following pieces:
Mobius Clear Matrix - 6-8 drops
Mobius Ion Matrix - 4-5 drops
DG Fritter Tube - 2-3 drops
DG Mini Can Fritter - 3 drops
Leviathan Lattice bub - 5-6 drops

If you've got any of those pieces, or are familiar with their volumes, that might help.
TBH, I think I'm probably using too much, but it's what I've settled on for now
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ou812?

ou812?

No ratios unfortunately, I try to get the water a pinkish/redish color.
(It's kinda semantics, but I think it looks like a light shade of red when fresh, and a light shade of pink as it gets a bit staler.)

Here's how many drops I use for the following pieces:
Mobius Clear Matrix - 6-8 drops
Mobius Ion Matrix - 4-5 drops
DG Fritter Tube - 2-3 drops
DG Mini Can Fritter - 3 drops
Leviathan Lattice bub - 5-6 drops

If you've got any of those pieces, or are familiar with their volumes, that might help.
TBH, I think I'm probably using too much, but it's what I've settled on for now
:2c:

Thanks Fred,i was hoping you were going to answer,I think you and I just LOVE GLASS.I used to collect antique fishing lures and a year ago sold em all,...GUESS what I will be making a collection of...a huh your right, I have a small starter kit as of now only 4 pieces but will keep buying and I am feeling a bit of the VAS creeping around!! But on the NACE yeah I am along those guidelines ,I did notice as one posted ,man the tool will stack like crazy with it, in your opinion do you see a difference using it as far as build up? I'm a bit on the neurotic side when it comes to the few pieces I have and use,honestly I swap out fluids every other day so guess I can relax a bit more with it now,eh? Thanks Fred, will be reading your posts and learning....I love it here :cheers: mate!

BTW Fred I see you have a very nice collection of some of the finest of the fine,YOUR MY HERO!!!!!!

ou812?,

Kief

Medicated
1-3 drops per fluid ounce depending on your usage and desired effects. A bunch of us have posted about our usage and mixture results in the RezBlock thread - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock.8060/. I do not believe that it is exactly the same product, but they are close enough. The best thing to do is just experiment with it and see what works for you.

Kief,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
...I did notice as one posted ,man the tool will stack like crazy with it, in your opinion do you see a difference using it as far as build up? I'm a bit on the neurotic side when it comes to the few pieces I have and use,honestly I swap out fluids every other day so guess I can relax a bit more with it now,eh? ...
It definitely helps to reduce the buildup.

Based on my tests so far, it almost entirely removes the need for a "proper cleaning". Just a hot water rinse or 2 whenever I'm changing the water (every 3-4 days).
Now I can just give my pieces a PBW wash when I want to, not when I need to.
I've noticed a little bit of clouding develop, but it's more like what I'd see after 1 big sesh without the NACE :D

It also indeed seems to make my pieces stack higher than water without NACE.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom