For all you dog owners...

lwien

macbill said:
-Point well taken..

Damn, this has nothing to do about dogs. Sorry. And now, back to your regularly scheduled forum topic.........
Wasn't intended to be a point mac (or should I call ya bill :shrug: ), but..............I understand. ;)

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dude! I love dogs sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of interesting facts in this thread and I agree with almost all, if not all of them as far as dogs being human's best friend. They always bring a smile to my face and is the best thing about going home after work.

I feel so bad for families that don't know how to give leadership to a dog and end up having an imbalanced dog. Provide the pack leadership and a happy pack will follow.

Can't wait to see this BBC show!

stonemonkey55,

chucku

Charles Urbane
momofthegoons said:
This is the kind of stuff that shows what a softie I am (and obviously you too lwein). It brought tears to my eyes.
Ditto. Two of the worst days of my life were when I had to put down, first my shetland sheepdog who was over twelve years old, near deaf and bit my dad (who was dying of cancer) when startled, The second was my tibetian spaniel - he was the love of my life - I had no choice when he could no longer stand to relieve himself. I held both of them in my arms as they got their lethal injection. How I wish dogs had the life span of humans/parrots/tortises so we can have our friends for life. My GF has an elderly chiuaua mix who is fading and we may have to euthanize him as well.

chucku,

GreenLeaf

realvapedman said:
Lesbians are hot!!! :p :o :ko: :brow: :cool:
That's nice. Personally lesbian pr0n/erotica bores me to tears and does not do anything at all for me.

I do have some collections of essays and writings by Pat (now Patrick) Califia and I think that Califia's writings were better when he was a female bisexual, and not a bisexual transman like he is now.

If I get another dog I'd like it to be another schnauzer maybe even a giant one!

GreenLeaf,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
chucku, I read someplace that the greatest gift you can give your dog for their lifetime of love is to let them and help them go when it's time. It's the only thing that got me through putting my last two down. Truly two of the saddest days of my life. But, now I have a new little love who will never replace the two I lost, but will help me find joy in the days to come.

momofthegoons,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
chucku, I read someplace that the greatest gift you can give your dog for their lifetime of love is to let them and help them go when it's time.
Makes one wonder why we are not allowed to give the members of our own species the same gift of love and respect when their time is about to come to an end, eh?

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes it does lwien. Jack Kevorkian comes from my area. Assisted suicide has been a hot subject in these parts for several years. And while I don't agree with his methods, I do feel we should offer the same compassion for human beings that we are allowed to offer animals. We are such a backwards society sometimes.

momofthegoons,

lwien

I know. Makes absolutely no sense. We don't want our beloved pets to suffer, but it's perfectly acceptable to have our family members and friends suffer a horrible, prolonged death even when the person who is suffering through that process makes the choice not to do so? Insane.

Ok, off rant and back to the dogs...............

lwien,
Top Bottom