Folding Chairs.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
In my apartment I have a futon in the living room, also a bean bag chair and a desk chair.
I HAD an Eames lounge chair but it was too fulsome so I sold it off craigslist. I mean on craigslist.
Also a recumbent exercise bike but that's off to the side and no one sits on it; it's not a very comfortable seating
situation for vaping and chilling.

So I'm thinking it would be cool to have folding chairs for little parties which I tend to have, and I'm thinking that the
most comfortable folding chairs are the folding aluminum lawn chairs, both upright and lounge.

Searching Ebay, I was surprised to learn how relatively expensive these things are. I'm sure I can pick these things up
at garage sales and have a little collection. Very easy to move around, easy to store, and very comfortable.

IMG_0429.jpg

*edit*

beach chairs are another option but possibly too low to the ground, but this does look cool, does it not?

jtb12.JPG

jeffp,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Can you get hold of some of those chairs from McDonalds that are all of the popular characters?

mattybass,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
camping chairs with cupholders beat the aluminum folding chairs everytime.

SSS,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
except that they have that butt drop thing going on and they're too low to the ground...
the cupholders though - perfect for PDs - you might be onto something very important.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
that seems a bit out of my price range.
you are a true asset to the vaporizing community with all of your helpful tips for foldable seating, mom.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Now there's a cup holder for you! :lol:

But you were supposed to ask before using my picture.......

momofthegoons,

Flyer

as a yearly we would re weave that very chair, different colors tons of fun, until the tube crease they are great seats.

Flyer,
Those folding camp chairs can be quite decent ... or they can be designed by the Marquis de Sade. The best ones are from Camping World IMO. I bought several, including a nice folding rocking chair (no shit) that my wife LOVES. Also got a couple of folding love seats - all stowed in the RV and ready to go.

Howie Feltersnatch,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Howie, I checked the camping world site and there's some cool looking folding chairs there - the shipping is not inexpensive though.
regardless i might order one based on your recommendation - the reviews on the page are instructive as well.
out of the chairs listed, which one is your favorite?

jeffp,
My wife LOVES this one http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/wide-copper-rocker/43852. Nice and wide, she doesn't need the extra clearance, but it is comfy. I can sit anywhere, but I can lounge quite nicely on the folding loveseat.

Also have a folding hammock, with built-in MP3 player amp and speakers. I can't lay on it much though or I'll be asleep in about 90 seconds.:D

Camping World has locations all over, mine is literally 5 miles away. One might be within reach so no shipping maybe?

Howie Feltersnatch,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The rocking chair looks really comfortable - the reviews are spotty but everyone has their own opinion.
This is for apartment use when people come by - I thought seating along these lines might work out well.
The closest to me is New Jersey, there's time and gas and tolls - may as well fork over the shipping.
I kind of like this one -
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/the-sierra-collection-safari-chair/34651
the reviews are consistently good and rather than have a few different chairs, possibly two of these as a set might
be aesthetically very cool.

jeffp,
Yes, those are nice and solid. You could spend almost that much on crappy ones that would not last as long or be as comfortable.

Howie Feltersnatch,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Howie, you have officially earned exalted status in the realm of preferred vaporist seating.
Got a few of your recommended camp chairs this past week and had a bunch of friends over last night.
I could not be happier with both the regular folding chair and the recliner - both are amazingly comfortable and solid.
Easy to stow away in the corner - everything positive.

jeffp,
Top Bottom