Focus V Aeris

Joshtownsend

i just got mine in. i was wrong about the airflow. they actually have a gasket around the 510 connection to help block any loss of suction from the vents at the bottom of the atomizer.

pretty neat how they sealed it off so they could use the same aromizer.

don't see how the flower atomizer would work at all.

Madtater

i just got mine in. i was wrong about the airflow. they actually have a gasket around the 510 connection to help block any loss of suction from the vents at the bottom of the atomizer.

pretty neat how they sealed it off so they could use the same aromizer.

don't see how the flower atomizer would work at all.
Yaaaaaaaa.

I’m gonna need you to do 5 sessions back to back and then post a comprehensive review.

Thaaaaaanks😂

All kidding aside. I am curious if the flower atomizer works. You mentioned how “you cant see how it will work”….why is that?

Looking forward to people’s reviews on this. In the video, it looked like they were getting decent clouds with little to zero irritation.

florduh

While I find the design kinda boring, that may be a good thing. It sort of looks like these new, big pre-filled nicotine vapes with like 15ml in them.

Original-Polobolo-Water-Bottle-9000-Puffs-Wholesale-Disposable-Vape-Pen-E-Cigarette-650mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-18ml-Prefilled-E-Liquid-Vape-Puff-Bars.webp

florduh,

Kaptan

Yeah I was waiting for some reviews from members as well, but I found the Yocan Cylo thread and took the plunge as the price and limited reviews look promising on that unit. If the Aeris has more to offer then I may jump on this one as well in the future as it looks like it’s sold out for now.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
This thing is either a giant turd sandwich or everyone is so stoned they can’t even put together a few sentences. lol

I had this thing in the cart ready to pull the trigger, but I haven’t heard any thing. Went back to the cart and it sold out. I never have luck with brand new devices with the first set of units anyway.

Joshtownsend

i took it out with me today for the first time it's so much better for use in the car than the proxy. its got a really good taste. you can tip it a little when you smoke it and it's fine. The ceramic mouthpiece thing basically touches the top of the bowl. it cools the hits more than enough

i think it works at least as good as the proxy with a ball cap. Definitely bigger hits than the proxy out of the box. I'm used to the 3dxl so i was curious about the carta atomizer. it's basically as good as the puffco regular 3d atomizer or a dt5.

my pearl doesnt spin i don't think. a bigger pearl probably helps with thermal mass. you can tell it's being held back and could use a joystick or proper spinning to get the big clouds. it's a really nice low temp sipper. i think that's what its good at the way it's configured out the box. The hits aren't hot at all, that thing works but the cooling makes it a little airy

it needs an enail attachment like a BB then it'll be a killer. Or something like comes with dv5 with the air blown directly in the bowl.

Papagiorgio

I ended up going for it and ordered one. Tracking says Monday but may arrive tomorrow based on past experience with UPS. I'll follow up! I'm excited to have something more portable than my daily dabber and this seem like a pretty promising device!

I'd be interested in another battery pack, but glad I'll get to try it out before I take the plunge on more accessories and stuff.

Last edited:

80Sixed

So I took a couple rips off the stock temps after cleaning and looking through instructions. After connecting to the app and updating, I noticed the stock temps had all jumped up like 10-20 degrees. Just interesting.
I’d have to echo the sentiments about it rivaling the 3d or the v5 atomizer. Also echoing the sentiments about the terp pearl not making much difference.
Have taken maybe ten dabs, haven’t tried just RIPPING it but doesn’t seem like that kind of device. Honestly afraid to spill over the edge.
Working on dialing in a one hit setting, flavor oriented settings are pretty easy in this one. Unfortunately you can’t have a session longer than a minute or shorter than 20 seconds, but it’s easy enough to extend or cancel a session. 535 at 20 is close to one good rip, but I think I’ll crank it a bit more. Not hot on the inhale.
Device did warm up after a couple hits in a row, but not to anything I wouldn’t feel comfortable putting in my pocket, likely due to the silicon skin.

Will report back with further findings.

Madtater

Lucky for us it is out of stock...I keep telling myself to wait for sales, I have signed up for their newsletter(and hopefully a discount code), again!
Same. I was gonna order the aeris and the carta 2, but told myself to wait until 4/20.

But….do i really “need” those 2? I have a plus for “on the go” if needed. But most of my dabs are at home with the PPP.

Still….at 50 years old the word “need” doesnt really come into my mind too often. It is more a matter of “want” mixed with “ability”.

So i will wait as you are😂

Joshtownsend

i took the pearl out and i actually think it works better.

pretty amazing how good the cooling works. probably comes at the expense of the huge clouds.

my buddy hit it and thought it was the perfect size hit.

you can hit it while its tilted at an angle because the mouthpiece basically touches the bowl. you don't have to keep it straight up and down at all. .

battery is only a little better than proxy but it's better. 7-8 one minute sessions. Took the 5mm pearl out and i think it actually works a little better.

so much potential for attachments is what i keep thinking. i guess it's sold out. mine is number 251 so they made at least 300

Papagiorgio

So...I may not have jumped in full force with an extra battery and what-not....but I did pick up one of these lol.

excited to see other attachments that pop up.

Anyway, I'll actually get to try this thing when my unit arrives tomorrow and I'll report back!

Madtater

So...I may not have jumped in full force with an extra battery and what-not....but I did pick up one of these lol.

Anyway, I'll actually get to try this thing when my unit arrives tomorrow and I'll report back!
My uncle ises something like this with his gamatron. I have tried it and it is pretty good.

Curious to hear your review and feelings about that.

Looks really cool!

Last edited:

Papagiorgio

First take - I like it! I think this thing definitely works best with smaller dabs - I usually like big globs but each preset is only around 30 seconds (they can be edited easily). The unit gets hot pretty quickly and seems to retain that heat for a bit (could also be because I put it back to charge after using). I put a 4mm ruby in there, not sure if I got any spin, i'll need to try without to see if it makes a difference.

I see this thing shining for small dabs and savoring flavors. Excited to get more familiar with it :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The AERIS website says that this device creates smoke.
I prefer to completely vaporize my concentrates. No smoke created.

If that was a typo, then they need to do something about it.

My other immediate problem with this is that it's another concentrate tool that forces you to stare at the ground while taking a hit. I don't like that at all.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I ordered an Aeris on launch day and had it in my hands a few days later and I have to say, this device is amazing. This is the best portable e-rig on the market imo (unless you need something smaller and then you sacrifice a lot of the Aeris's features.

Pros (off the top of my head):
Portable
Large bowl (same atty as Carta 2)
Strong magnet (does not separate in pocket)
Quartz coated ceramic cooling unit (durable, not plastic, does not impart taste)
Removable batteries (I'll take proprietary over throwaway device any day)
USB-C and wireless charging (Carta dock charges as does any wireless charger)
Design (I like the grooves down the side and apparently the inside looks rea
Build quality
Same atty as Carta 2
Smooth vapor
Usable out of the box (without ever connecting to the app BUT the app allows you to change temps, profiles, colors, timers, etc.)

Hits from the Aeris are surprisingly smooth and the cooling unit kind of gives me a Ghost MV-1 vibe with how much it breaks up the laminar air flow. I put a flash light to the holes on one side and I can't see any light coming through the other side. That quart/ceramic insert does not come apart (it almost looks like it does when you look at the bottom) but I don't see any issues cleaning once you give it a soak in ISO. Focus recommends 70% in the manual but I only use 99% (as do others) with zero issue.
**I would avoid not use 99% ISO on the exterior as I'm not sure how the silicone shell would respond. Focus recommends 70% for the exterior as well iirc.
The intellicore atty (same as the Carta 2) rips and I love having this large of a bowl in pocketable device.

Since the design of the device brings fresh air in through the top 2 holes and immediately back out, you don't have to worry about spill over like you do with the Carta 2 (and others). I'm sure if you pack a massive dab and rip as hard as possible, you might get some splashing through those tops holes. I've hauled on it with 4mm sphere of rosin (and a ruby pearl) and it only splashed up the side a bit.

Build quality is better than the Carta 2 imo. The only thing I'd nitpick is the visible seam on the silicone outer body, and that's completely aesthetic (and minor).

Proprietary batteries are never ideal when compared to on the shelf cells, but I'm just happy to be able to swap in the future. I did not pick up a spare but I like the option of adding spares or buying a replacement if needed. With the USB-C port I'd just carry my 20,000 mAh battery pack if I ever feel the need.
The battery specs are Li-ion polymer, 800mAh, 7.4V.
Max charging current is 5V/2A so it charges fairly quickly.

The only negative I found was that striaght out of the box it carried that typical "robot fart" smell. A few dabs later and it's no longer noticable.
FYI, I'm highly sensitive to the taste that silicone can impart.
I haven't done a side by side comparison with my other dabbing devices but I suspect only the T-bucket with sapphire dish will still be in the lead. All my others are fairly similar, with the biggest change being the attachment used.
Interesting. But a big benefit of the Proxy is, unlike other wax pens, the heat from the atomizer radiates up into the air, instead of the users mouth. And the pipe format allows for a long "stem" in an ergonomic way, increasing vapor comfort. The vapor path on the Aeris looks very short, unless I'm missing something.
The vapor path is short, but very non-laminar. I've been ripping dry dabs with zero issues, but water would add a little extra cooling. I'll put some comparisons in another thread.

I have a top from Enjoy & Prosper for my Carta 2 and he does really nice work. I was eyeing that attachment so you'll have to let us know what you think when it arrives. I'm sure there will be lots of feedback on the discord too, which is where I spend a good deal of time.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that the Aeris comes with a cap for the mouthpiece 🎆. That only leaves 2 small air intake holes on the top exposed.

@LesPlenty @Ramahs There is a glass blower on IG zachharrisondesign that started making glass tip insert for the Aeris. They are only straight at the moment, but I sent him a message asking if he could put a 90°. I'll let you know what he says. There are probably other people that would like something like that.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
They are only straight at the moment, but I sent him a message asking if he could put a 90°

Nice write up! Thanks for all the detail, yeah in this case maybe a little more than 90° might be most comfortable? Instead of straight where you have to hit it from the top, right angle where you have to hit it from the side, I think in between would be ideal?? I don't know like 110° angle or in between

florduh

I ordered an Aeris on launch day and had it in my hands a few days later and I have to say, this device is amazing. This is the best portable e-rig on the market imo (unless you need something smaller and then you sacrifice a lot of the Aeris's features.

Pros (off the top of my head):
Portable
Large bowl (same atty as Carta 2)
Strong magnet (does not separate in pocket)
Quartz coated ceramic cooling unit (durable, not plastic, does not impart taste)
Removable batteries (I'll take proprietary over throwaway device any day)
USB-C and wireless charging (Carta dock charges as does any wireless charger)
Design (I like the grooves down the side and apparently the inside looks rea
Build quality
Same atty as Carta 2
Smooth vapor
Usable out of the box (without ever connecting to the app BUT the app allows you to change temps, profiles, colors, timers, etc.)

Hits from the Aeris are surprisingly smooth and the cooling unit kind of gives me a Ghost MV-1 vibe with how much it breaks up the laminar air flow. I put a flash light to the holes on one side and I can't see any light coming through the other side. That quart/ceramic insert does not come apart (it almost looks like it does when you look at the bottom) but I don't see any issues cleaning once you give it a soak in ISO. Focus recommends 70% in the manual but I only use 99% (as do others) with zero issue.
**I would avoid not use 99% ISO on the exterior as I'm not sure how the silicone shell would respond. Focus recommends 70% for the exterior as well iirc.
The intellicore atty (same as the Carta 2) rips and I love having this large of a bowl in pocketable device.

Since the design of the device brings fresh air in through the top 2 holes and immediately back out, you don't have to worry about spill over like you do with the Carta 2 (and others). I'm sure if you pack a massive dab and rip as hard as possible, you might get some splashing through those tops holes. I've hauled on it with 4mm sphere of rosin (and a ruby pearl) and it only splashed up the side a bit.

Build quality is better than the Carta 2 imo. The only thing I'd nitpick is the visible seam on the silicone outer body, and that's completely aesthetic (and minor).

Proprietary batteries are never ideal when compared to on the shelf cells, but I'm just happy to be able to swap in the future. I did not pick up a spare but I like the option of adding spares or buying a replacement if needed. With the USB-C port I'd just carry my 20,000 mAh battery pack if I ever feel the need.
The battery specs are Li-ion polymer, 800mAh, 7.4V.
Max charging current is 5V/2A so it charges fairly quickly.

The only negative I found was that striaght out of the box it carried that typical "robot fart" smell. A few dabs later and it's no longer noticable.
FYI, I'm highly sensitive to the taste that silicone can impart.
I haven't done a side by side comparison with my other dabbing devices but I suspect only the T-bucket with sapphire dish will still be in the lead. All my others are fairly similar, with the biggest change being the attachment used.

The vapor path is short, but very non-laminar. I've been ripping dry dabs with zero issues, but water would add a little extra cooling. I'll put some comparisons in another thread.

I have a top from Enjoy & Prosper for my Carta 2 and he does really nice work. I was eyeing that attachment so you'll have to let us know what you think when it arrives. I'm sure there will be lots of feedback on the discord too, which is where I spend a good deal of time.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that the Aeris comes with a cap for the mouthpiece 🎆. That only leaves 2 small air intake holes on the top exposed.

@LesPlenty @Ramahs There is a glass blower on IG zachharrisondesign that started making glass tip insert for the Aeris. They are only straight at the moment, but I sent him a message asking if he could put a 90°. I'll let you know what he says. There are probably other people that would like something like that.

Bro what a banger review!!

I'm gonna wait until they're re-stocked but I think I need to pick one of these up. You sold me.

As someone who travels a ton for work, there's another advantage over the Proxy. I can stash the atomizer portion in my checked bag and carry on the battery. I know it's not a big deal anymore but I hate having to take the whole Proxy on the plane with me. Especially when travelling through the Slave States.

Top Bottom