Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Aos3327

Have all of the batch #1 flites been spoken for? I see they are out of stock currently on the web store. Will definitely be apart of batch #2 if so.

Aos3327,
Reactions: TommyDee

Texus

Have all of the batch #1 flites been spoken for? I see they are out of stock currently on the web store. Will definitely be apart of batch #2 if so.
Yup. They sold out in couple hours or less. Watch this thread for batch 2 announcement.

And if you scroll back you'll see that parts are in place to crank out hundreds of these over the coming weeks/months.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Hi @Aos3327 ,

Thank you for your interest! As @Texus said, the first batch sold out, but I'll have more for sale this week, after I finish the first batch and ship them out. I'll post the info to this thread in another day or two.

Merry Christmas, all! Happy holidays!

Last edited:

Aos3327

Yup. They sold out in couple hours or less. Watch this thread for batch 2 announcement.

And if you scroll back you'll see that parts are in place to crank out hundreds of these over the coming weeks/months.
Ah you the man. I’ll keep watch. Appreciate the response! Merry Christmas

Hi @Aos3327 ,

Thank you for your interest! As @Texus said, the first bacth sold out, but I'll have more for sale this week, after I finish the first batch and ship them out. I'll post the info to this thread in another day or two.

Appreciate the response! These look incredible. I’ll keep a sharp eye. Merry Christmas!

Crimi

Hi @Aos3327 ,

Thank you for your interest! As @Texus said, the first batch sold out, but I'll have more for sale this week, after I finish the first batch and ship them out. I'll post the info to this thread in another day or two.

Hi!, long time lurker, first comment, already a fan, I'm the ones on the fluxer list since sept, I think I even asked you some questions about the flite when you first announced it, I thought of sending you an email for when the 2nd batch is available but like @Aos3327 said, I'll be checking this thread because I think The Flite has won my heart (and bday money).

Aos3327

Hah right? It looks amazing but the swapable batteries sold me. I have a PSM I really like but no battery options.
Hi!, long time lurker, first comment, already a fan, I'm the ones on the fluxer list since sept, I think I even asked you some questions about the flite when you first announced it, I thought of sending you an email for when the 2nd batch is available but like @Aos3327 said, I'll be checking this thread because I think The Flite has won my heart (and bday money

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a fulfilling solstice, and a great Friday night. :wave:

Flite batch #1 is built, tested, and finally ready to be put into their cases for shipment:

IMG-0688-private.jpg

Making this first batch was very informative - :sherlock: - and I have already figured out how to aggregate some sub-tasks and speed the build along. Batch #2 will go more smoothly, for sure.:tup:

Which is good, because my main order of Flite PCBs arrived, and I now have 200+ blank PCBs on hand waiting for me to populate them with components.

I am going to spend today and tomorrow completing the above heaters, boxing them up, buying postage, and getting them ready to mail on Monday. I'll also continue work on batch #2, which I've also started in parallel with finishing batch #1. There are a few open tasks remaining in that process, including finishing the Quick Start Guide, but the critical tasks are finished and Flite batch #1 is built. :D

At the moment I am looking at Tuesday (Dec. 29) as the most likely day to put the next batch of heaters up for sale. I would like to make and ship a batch of Flite per week, and to do that I need to stabilize my process and figure out how many I can reliably make in a week. 24 wasn't too bad, and I'd like to make that many next time as well to see if my process has improved.

OK, that's the latest. TL;DR: Flite batch #1 is built and about to be completed and packed for shipment. Batch #2 will likely go on sale Tuesday, and I am trying for a cadence of a batch-per-week. I will adjust the batch size as necessary to achieve this, but that's the current goal.

Thanks, all! I'll be back with more heaters soon. :wave:

Aos3327

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a fulfilling solstice, and a great Friday night. :wave:

Flite batch #1 is built, tested, and finally ready to be put into their cases for shipment:

IMG-0688-private.jpg

Making this first batch was very informative - :sherlock: - and I have already figured out how to aggregate some sub-tasks and speed the build along. Batch #2 will go more smoothly, for sure.:tup:

Which is good, because my main order of Flite PCBs arrived, and I now have 200+ blank PCBs on hand waiting for me to populate them with components.

I am going to spend today and tomorrow completing the above heaters, boxing them up, buying postage, and getting them ready to mail on Monday. I'll also continue work on batch #2, which I've also started in parallel with finishing batch #1. There are a few open tasks remaining in that process, including finishing the Quick Start Guide, but the critical tasks are finished and Flite batch #1 is built. :D

At the moment I am looking at Tuesday (Dec. 29) as the most likely day to put the next batch of heaters up for sale. I would like to make and ship a batch of Flite per week, and to do that I need to stabilize my process and figure out how many I can reliably make in a week. 24 wasn't too bad, and I'd like to make that many next time as well to see if my process has improved.

OK, that's the latest. TL;DR: Flite batch #1 is built and about to be completed and packed for shipment. Batch #2 will likely go on sale Tuesday, and I am trying for a cadence of a batch-per-week. I will adjust the batch size as necessary to achieve this, but that's the current goal.

Thanks, all! I'll be back with more heaters soon. :wave:
Awesome! You’ve got quite a crowd following it seems. I’ll have my clicker finger ready.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I've posted the first version of the Flite Quick Start Guide to the fluxerheaters.com site, if anyone is interested:

Download Flite Quick Start PDF

Hopefully we caught the more egregious errors, but if you see something out of place or in need of clarification, please let me know. :tup:

I owe some of you replies to your emails. I will attempt to get caught up on those later tonight. :wave:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali can you please explain more in detail the battery meter function with the under coil LED's and the dimming via the trim pot on the PCB. Would add them also to the quick starter guide, but only a suggestion from me.
Sure, @Prophecy . The under coil LEDs are a battery meter in the sense that they're driven directly from the batteries, and their brightness (or dimness) is an accurate indicator of remaining battery life. They will dim considerably before the the low voltage cutoff kills power. It is not a dedicated battery meter circuit in the way the Flux Deluxe's has, but it is functional. My apologies if I have over represented it.

The LED trim pot! D'oh! Thank you! Yes, I'll addd a small section on it. It's a small trim pot to allow you to reduce or increase the brightness of the under coil LEDs. It's located on the main PCB in the top rigth corner. You'll need a very small screwdriver to adjust it - I find a tiny flat blade works better than a Phillips. Lastly, due to its location, you'll find it easiest to adjust if you remove the chasis from the casel

I'll try to expand on that a bit in the Quick Staet guide. Thanks!

Eclipse

@mr_cfromcali

Are the under coil led's still fairly visible with the carbon fiber insert?

Could you please elaborate on this part of the dual switch Flite description, "Both Push Button and Cap-as-Switch mechanisms: (+$15) - I don't recommend installing both, as the cap-as-switch mechanism limits the upper range of the push button functionality, but this configuration is available upon request"? I am not understanding how it limits range, is this physical or electrical?

Thanks!

Eclipse,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Jeff might be understating the effectiveness of the LED brightness drop-off. Once these Flites start being delivered, users can confirm, the dimming of the lights will provide an intuitive que to consider charging soon. You might have 1 session left after you tell yourself this. Ignore your intuition and the BMS will save you from yourself.

Does anyone use their Flix with the button to use less than full ingress into the chamber? This seems to be what Jeff's statement is alluding to. Say you want to click a little quicker so you hold the cap a millimeter from the bottom. CaS alone won't let you do this.

I will restate the difficulty in the choice of 'both' only in that I like the real-time tactile control for real-time draws. I have to balance that with my love for sleek designs. With both options installed, I have no doubt you'd find a useful technique for each.

I will also restate that Jeff picked a beautiful external switch for Flite. This is one that is not likely to trigger accidently.

...Flite Zone :D

20200923_181310 (1).jpg

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali

Are the under coil led's still fairly visible with the carbon fiber insert?

Could you please elaborate on this part of the dual switch Flite description, "Both Push Button and Cap-as-Switch mechanisms: (+$15) - I don't recommend installing both, as the cap-as-switch mechanism limits the upper range of the push button functionality, but this configuration is available upon request"? I am not understanding how it limits range, is this physical or electrical?

Thanks!

The LEDs shine up through the insert. There is some visibility, but CF is opaque so it does block a lot of the light. I'll take a picture the next time I have one in front of me.

>I am not understanding how it limits range, is this physical or electrical?

The limit is physical, and it's due to a resource conflict: the cap-as-switch (CaS) and push button both make full use of the 1-2mm of space at the base of the coil.
  • This is where the cap-as-switch contacts are installed, and they rise 2.0mm above the board.
  • The 2mm gap between the PCB and the bottom loop of the coil is also where you will want to place the tip of the vapcap when you heat it with the push button - it is literally the hot zone. This is the space that is occupied by the switch contacts
In terms of functionality, these are redundant systems. The push button adds some range to function of contacts, but the presence of the switch contacts under the coil undercuts the best part of using push button.

My skepticism for having both mechanisms present is that I think each works better independently, and you lose more from having both than you gain. I am looking at the overall experience of using the Flite, and this is my assessment. I think @TommyDee shares a similar thought on this, and he can speak on it if he wants to. That said, if someone wants both, I'll install both. I am being a bit of a purist with regards to the Flite user experience, and it isn't the end of the world if you want both a push button and contacts, I just think you lose a bit with this configuration. It's also a little more work, which is why there's a small fee for it. Hope that helps.

OK, off to box and ship Flite, my tasks for the rest of the day.

Also, after telling everyone that I would post the next batch of Flite tomorrow, it looks like we may have some family commitments tomorrow that are going to push the release to later in the day. I'll share it more info on Flite Batch #2's timing as our plans for tomorrow firm up.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone, a couple of updates:

1. I am finally (!!!!) shipping Flites from batch #1 - the first are going in the mail today, the rest will follow tomorrow and Thursday. I am very sorry for the delay. I left too many small-but-still-important details to the end, plus there was a major holiday with family obligations, etc., even in a pandemic. :rolleyes: I'm going to have a few more family commitments through this weekend, but I will continue to ship today and tomorrow, and expect to have batch 1 fully shipped by Thursday.

2. In a related note, I am holding off on batch #2 until I finish shipping batch #1. Sorry again for my disorganization, but I need to really close out batch 1 before I move on to batch 2. I'll post updates here when that happens, promise!

Launching this project at this time of year has been a little more challenging than I expected, and it's been a grind to push these few final tasks to completion. Thank you for your support and patience!

Cheers,
:leaf:

Zoltani

You're up early this morning!

Thanks for the update. There will always be unforseen glitches when trying to push out something new, and I think while most of us are eager to have our flites, we understand that's just part of being first in line. Thanks for all your hard work through the holiday season!

Top Bottom