Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Got a drill? that would be cool... a voronoi pattern of sorts would be awesome and a half!

201410skull01a_preview_card.jpg

Last edited:
TommyDee,

Jethro

I realized something profound today, while raking the two and a half feet of snow that dropped here in central NH this week off my roof. It's a long job at my place. 3 hours easy with the big snowmobile trailer and the mind wanders with the exhaustion. The severe sativa buzz off some particularly nice original glue I have on hand added to the effect...

I don't know about you guys but I usually try and roast a cap in 3 cycles. With the TRIPLE CROWN of Fluxers I could set each ones coil up to heat a slighlty different profile! I can have one to heat aggressively for the initial round, then following with less agressive heat and finishing with the new Flite and PWM for MAXIMUM extraction! Maybe I'd discover the reverse is actually better for lasting flavor? Experiments will be performed!

Sorry for the deep thoughts, I'm just super excited Jeff got this set up. It's a tall order this time of year but I guess a lot less family things are happening.? Very impressed none the less. Cant wait to receive one of the first batch of what I hope is a very LONG run of these devices for you! Cheers Mr. C from Cali!

May the Flite be with you!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HI all,

Taking a break from shop-time to grab a bite and wanted to thank everyone in this thread, again, for your support and patience yesterday! I had a lot of stuff to wrap up before I could begin selling Flites, and I regret that it took me all day to get through it. Thank you to those of you who stuck through the wait and were here when I finally hit the "go" button! I am glad I will be able to deliver some holiday cheer to you. :)

I expect to have the first batch completed and shipped by Wednesday. It might go quicker than that, but it probably won't. I'll process these in the order in which they arrived. I'll be back with the next batch sometime after Wednesday - maybe Thursday or Christmas day itself. Before I list more I'll post here first as a heads up.

Thank you all! I hope this brings you all some joy and a bit more convenience after what has been a truly shit-tacular year! :D

@mr_cfromcali I just realized no option for holes like on fluxer and flix. Any chance of those?

You're right, @NexVision ! Thanks for the observation and suggestion! I'll give it a try when I have time and report back. At the moment, through, I don't have a jig set up to transfer the hole pattern to this case. If I can try it out before I get to your order, I'll let you know.

Sorry for the deep thoughts, I'm just super excited Jeff got this set up. It's a tall order this time of year but I guess a lot less family things are happening.? Very impressed none the less. Cant wait to receive one of the first batch of what I hope is a very LONG run of these devices for you! Cheers Mr. C from Cali!

Thanks, @Jethro ! Yeah, I thought I would be ready to deliver the Flite at the end of October. @TommyDee is an actual engineer, though, after performing some very solid testing he identified a few important and unfortunately fundamental issues with my first draft of the Flite's circuit. This was mid or late October - late in the dev timeline - but we both agreed that I needed to take a pause and fix the things he found before moving forward with the design. The issues Tommy found ended up being important enough to warrant a fresh draft of the whole circuit. :o

Which we did. :spliff: . So there. :p ;) We've worked hard to make the Flite as solid and durable as possible, and I am very proud to share that Flite's key electronic components (MOSFETS, capacitor, and inductors) remain cool to the touch during heater operation. That's some real progress, asI didn't know that was possible until now.

So given all of that, we are VERY eager to get these into your hands! They should work well and reliably for you!

After the redesign I had thought I might have these ready by Black Friday, but "shipping before Christmas" isn't a terrible outcome, either. I am sooooo happy to finally be making these for you folks!

They are solid little heaters. I think those of you who get one will be pleased. :D

OK, back to the shop...

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I realized something profound today, while raking the two and a half feet of snow that dropped here in central NH this week off my roof. It's a long job at my place. 3 hours easy with the big snowmobile trailer and the mind wanders with the exhaustion. The severe sativa buzz off some particularly nice original glue I have on hand added to the effect...

I don't know about you guys but I usually try and roast a cap in 3 cycles. With the TRIPLE CROWN of Fluxers I could set each ones coil up to heat a slighlty different profile! I can have one to heat aggressively for the initial round, then following with less agressive heat and finishing with the new Flite and PWM for MAXIMUM extraction! Maybe I'd discover the reverse is actually better for lasting flavor? Experiments will be performed!

May the Flite be with you!
Jethro, I've been doing a lot of the testing of Flite. And I mean a LOT :sherlock::science:!!!

Did you see the instagram video where George demonstrated the proper use of the air-port on the '20-M?
In short; Heat-2-Click|[sip]|Stick-2-Magnet-2-Cool|Heat-2-Click-&-Draw Like the Hell - Air Port Wide Open <= paraphrase

Variances of that have a lot to do with what happens on the 3rd draw. George says bin it but that's where my meds are. The most efficient use of the IH is to simply heat to the click and draw to a cool down click and heat again. Typically, that type of session will build more 'structural' heat in the tip and cap where the clicker just becomes a 'delay' and you've actually imparted more heat than before. Coming back to a cap after a while and it will need the special attention. PWM has a convenient way to count your 'over-time'. The beat it easy on the brain and adding a 3-count is simple.

Looking forward to your impressions for sure!

Thanks for reminding of the timeline Jeff. A lot happened over those few months. I gotta say - working with Jeff has been fantastic. When a product looks simple, it is usually one of the hardest things to achieve. This is today the worlds smallest portable artisan induction heater in production as we speak! And I congratulate Jeff on his tireless effort to get these to you. I hope you like these things as much as I do. They are a work of art. And that's ALL Jeff!

Last edited:

Texus

Jethro, I've been doing a lot of the testing of Flite. And I mean a LOT :sherlock::science:!!!

Did you see the instagram video where George demonstrated the proper use of the air-port on the '20-M?
In short; Heat-2-Click|[sip]|Stick-2-Magnet-2-Cool|Heat-2-Click-&-Draw Like the Hell - Air Port Wide Open <= paraphrase
I'd love the link if anyone has it for that IG post. My clumsy search didn't find it...

Texus,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Me too... It was a couple of months ago. edit - if anyone can find that. I remember seeing it posted somewhere and now can't find it. It is/was one of the very few where George drew a VC. That might be a clue.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

NexVision

You're right, @NexVision ! Thanks for the observation and suggestion! I'll give it a try when I have time and report back. At the moment, through, I don't have a jig set up to transfer the hole pattern to this case. If I can try it out before I get to your order, I'll let you know.
Feel free to push mine a little to drill the holes (if that is in fact the plan) only makes sense since I have em in flix and flux. :)

hey guys! new to the forum and pretty much signed up due to finding this thread and being really interested in this new flite drop, was shattered to miss it but hoping i might be able to catch the next drop :)
was just wondering if there is likely to be any more flix made aswell? as i'd like to purchase both the flix and flite but wondering if I should wait or if they won't be in production again for a while? Cheers guys keep up the good work :)

NexVision

hey guys! new to the forum and pretty much signed up due to finding this thread and being really interested in this new flite drop, was shattered to miss it but hoping i might be able to catch the next drop :)
was just wondering if there is likely to be any more flix made aswell? as i'd like to purchase both the flix and flite but wondering if I should wait or if they won't be in production again for a while? Cheers guys keep up the good work :)
Should be new batch of each in the next week or so.

Last edited:

Jethro

I use my Flix HARD and it just keeps going. If I burn 3 bowls with it in a row the thermal fuse kicks and that happens like twice a week I'd say but it still works great, just make sure it cools down and good to go! Sometimes I use both the Flux and Flix in a session. Now the Flite will be awesome in the mix.

So there's no on/off switch to the Flite? It's just load the batteries and go? No parasitic battery drain going on? Should I take the batteries out if it sits over a week? Like most things I buy, I start to do my research after I buy it. Thats good, right? Haha

I like the dip switch for light control. And PWM. This thing is going to be great! You've created greatness here Tommy and Jeff, glad I've been along for the journey!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Jethro - there might be a low parasitic drain when PWM is activated. The device is a low draw cmos device. Long term storage would warrant removing cells. However, the BMS is the last line of defense. You might calculate Armageddon - 1.2A/0.0000002A/24H/365D - something over 600 years for the BMS to start considering intervening. I think we can design around this in the future. Something I happened to be working on at the moment. Can you tell :brow:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali I just realized no option for holes like on fluxer and flix. Any chance of those?

OK, thanks to @NexVision 's request, for an extra $20 you can add Flux Deluxe-style vent holes, if so desired. The Flite's are a size smaller than the FD and Flix vent holes:

IMG-0673-private.jpg

IMG-0671-private.jpg

IMG-0675-private.jpg

IMG-0674-private.jpg

If you are part of the first batch and want yours to also get the FD treatment, let me know via email (preferred), or message me here.

I'll add this as an option before I add the next batch to the store.

@mr_cfromcali Just saw on the website for the Flite that there are now 3 options for the coil hight setting, this field was not there when I ordered my Flite, my question with what for a option from the 3 will the first batch of Flite's send out?

This is something that occurred to me yesterday, which is why it was a late addition to the option list. The potential range of coil adjustment in the Flite is only about 2mm, but it's enough to make a difference.

The default position is the middle position, so there will be a little range to move the coil up or down if you don't like it. This is a physical adjustment, but the PWM offers another means of affecting temp at click as well.

If you know you want me to make your coil "as hot as possible", or "as cool as possible", send me an email today and I'll add your request to your order.

The Flite has taken 100% of my focus recently, but yes, I will be making more Flix soon. I still have plenty of Flix cases remaining, in various colors, so I'm not done with it.

I have been working on Flix v2 a bit, and have preliminary circuit boards coming this week. Flix v2 will get it's own post when it's a bit further along. V2 has changes to improve reliability (thanks, @TommyDee !) . V2 also expands the Flix feature set, as I plan on adding cap-as-switch and PWM as options.

I'll have more news on this as I get the circuit further along. :brow:

So there's no on/off switch to the Flite? It's just load the batteries and go? No parasitic battery drain going on? Should I take the batteries out if it sits over a week? Like most things I buy, I start to do my research after I buy it. Thats good, right? Haha

I like the dip switch for light control. And PWM. This thing is going to be great! You've created greatness here Tommy and Jeff, glad I've been along for the journey!

I think Tommy answered this, but yes, there is an off switch for safety, located inside the case.

The Flite lacks a physical, high current on/off switch, but the "off" mode position disables the triggering mechanism and blocks the signal that feeds the power relay. This is different than my other heaters, where the on/off switch physically disconnects the power source from the heater circuit.

OK, I think that brings me up to date for the moment. I'm going to head down to my shop now but I'll check back later.

Prophecy

@mr_cfromcali Just saw on the website for the Flite that there are now 3 options for the coil hight setting, this field was not there when I ordered my Flite, my question with what for a option from the 3 will the first batch of Flite's send out?
This is something that occurred to me yesterday, which is why it was a late addition to the option list. The potential range of coil adjustment in the Flite is only about 2mm, but it's enough to make a difference.

The default position is the middle position, so there will be a little range to move the coil up or down if you don't like it. This is a physical adjustment, but the PWM offers another means of affecting temp at click as well.

If you know you want me to make your coil "as hot as possible", or "as cool as possible", send me an email today and I'll add your request to your order.

Ok I think I will let it on the middel position first and will test that, should it not behave to my liking I can adjust this than myself when needed as you in the Flite announcement video described.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, come the Flite with an storage cover?

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok I think I will let it on the middel position first and will test that, should it not behave to my liking I can adjust this than myself when needed as you in the Flite announcement video described.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, come the Flite with an storage cover?
Yes, it comes in the gray pouch @TommyDee has shown in a few pics. He added a leather drawstring to his; the stock bag comes w/a regular string pull.

Zoltani

I too research after I buy, as I have been looking into what the PWM is and why I want it!

@mr_cfromcali what is the benefit of the holes in the case? For me I am concerned it would be just a possible place where dirt/sand would get in when using outdoors.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I too research after I buy, as I have been looking into what the PWM is and why I want it!

@mr_cfromcali what is the benefit of the holes in the case? For me I am concerned it would be just a possible place where dirt/sand would get in when using outdoors.
In this instance the vents are more for look than function. You don’t “need” them, but I’ll add them if you want them.

vapormachina

I think they are interesting to expel fumes from electronics. Does this IH have the compartment for vapcap isolated from electronics?

vapormachina,
Reactions: swieder711

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think they are interesting to expel fumes from electronics. Does this IH have the compartment for vapcap isolated from electronics?

Not formally. Like my other heaters, the electronics in this one are adjacent to the heater compartment, but there's no barrier between the two areas. I'll keep that in mind for the future. :tup:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@dantemaniaco - The only smell I've ever detected from an IH is the magic smoke being released from devices when they fail. Usually it is a varnish that you smell in new electronics. As a matter of course, electronic coils are dipped in varnish to keep the wire on them from vibrating in operation. Add to that all the newly warmed plastics still off-gassing and you got the fabled 'electronics scent'. Neither of these constituents have been added nor are they inherent in the Fluxer Heaters component set.

Top Bottom