Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just placed my order! However, I have a question about the under glass led options. I selected the 2x red +2x blue with the hopes that it'll be blue while the device is on and red while active. Thinking I might have selected an unnecessary option though?

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. The under glass LEDs only illuminate with heater activation, so in this case, all four will be off, then all four will be on when activated. If you now want to change your order, please send me a PM with your order info, etc.

Also went with the 16mm x 2mm option for the coil/wall insert. I have SS and titanium tips so I figured this would be a good all around choice? I don't mind a slightly longer heat cycle if it means better extraction/more vapor. Am I reading into that correctly?

This is a good choice for both tip types. The 16mm x 2mm size is among my mildest insert sizes.

Thanks for your purchase!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@mr_cfromcali

In case you are still here. I received your email, and replied. Please leave the carbon fiber insert in the pre-built unit I ordered today. I read Baron23’s post above, he says the heater activation LEDS are visible with his carbon fiber insert unit. That was just a question I emailed you about as I was not sure. If the LEDS are visible, I’m fine with the CF insert, and will save you the trouble, thanks for the offer to replace with glass, but it doesn’t seem necessary. Unless there is any other reason I’m not aware of, I assume the CF performs the same as a glass insert?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Baron23

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali

In case you are still here. I received your email, and replied. Please leave the carbon fiber insert in the pre-built unit I ordered today. I read Baron23’s post above, he says the heater activation LEDS are visible with his carbon fiber insert unit. That was just a question I emailed you about as I was not sure. If the LEDS are visible, I’m fine with the CF insert, and will save you the trouble, thanks for the offer to replace with glass, but it doesn’t seem necessary. Unless there is any other reason I’m not aware of, I assume the CF performs the same as a glass insert?

Yes, the inserts perform the same. The CF is opaque, so the LEDs shine up instead of out, but they do project some light out of the insert and are visible.

Stonedbadger

Looking good @mr_cfromcali just wondering when you're next email will be sent out for the flux waiting list? Just thinking about ordering a flix along with the flux

Stonedbadger,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Looking good @mr_cfromcali just wondering when you're next email will be sent out for the flux waiting list? Just thinking about ordering a flix along with the flux

It will be soon, but I still need to scrub the data for the September waiting list names, and I probably won't get to that for a few more days. The next set of FD emails are at least 4-5 days off, I think.

Naturesvapor

Web searched the site and was able to get to the store that way. Will this battery/power pack work with the flix if I get the right cord for it (usb to 12v dc)

Attachments

• 20200609_024846.jpg
    20200609_024846.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 18
Naturesvapor,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Web searched the site and was able to get to the store that way. Will this battery/power pack work with the flix if I get the right cord for it (usb to 12v dc)

It must be able to output 10A of current continuously to power the Flix. I cannot read the label on your picture, so I can’t tell. Sorry :shrug:

mr_cfromcali,

Aalberti13

Question for @mr_cfromcali about ordering from Banggood. I placed my order for a power supply the same day that you recommended we do so (May 16). I just checked on my tracking info and it says that the estimated delivery wont be until 7/23.. Do they normally over estimate the arrival time, or did my package get on the slow boat? Just curious if you have any insight since you have ordered from them in the past. Not a big deal either way because ill have my new FD to hold me over until it shows up, just curious. :brow:

• 1 Order Submitted May/16/2020 17:59:55
  • 2 Payment Confirmed May/16/2020 17:59:58
  • 3 Order Processing May/16/2020 18:00:33
  • 4 Shipped May/26/2020 07:40:08
  • Expected delivery date: 2020-07-23 07:40:08

Greenfun13,

BawlmerMerlin

Proud owner of FD #109 checking in after today's purchase of the new Flix, intended for use in my vehicle. I am looking for a recommendation of a specific automotive cigarette lighter power cord. I have not searched extensively, but have taken quite a good look, and I cannot seem to find anything in the required 10A range with minimum 18 gauge wire.

Any suggestions?

Baron23

@mr_cfromcali - kind of a stupid question, but do you expect that its just fine leaving the batteries in the unit when its up on the shelf? I mean, you don't recommend pulling the batts after every use, right?

I should think it would be no diff than my Eleaf mods where the battery is just left there between uses.

The CF is opaque, so the LEDs shine up instead of out, but they do project some light out of the insert and are visible.

@RustyOldNail
I didn't even notice light coming up thru the insert...I'm sure @mr_cfromcali is right.... but I just saw that like 3 or 4 LEDs shined bright red when I activated the heater.....you can't miss it at all, really. Very obvious and to my liking.

Cheers

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@mr_cfromcali - what is the current draw on the Flix at 9 volts? Wondering if a 9V brick option may be worthwhile. If it draws say 45-50 watts, it is sufficient to heat the tip within 10 seconds. That would be a much smaller supply and an alternate performance option.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

LongDraw

Ordered an orange flix this morning, thanks for early heads up for FC members, was signed up for the list, but this made sure i got one.

Didn't choose any additional lights at the bottom, figuring it still comes with one that lights up the insert, hopefully not wrong. Also went with plain, no holes or bling around the insert. figure the other induction heaters i use don't have airholes, also plug ins, so figure may not need it on this.

Can't want for the variable power supply, this this will be better then the mother fluxer, which was just a larger with more battery flux delux. Being able to adjust thepower that way will be really great and get to try dif temps.

Gotta check to see if the power supply i use for my caldron will work on this, figure should be but gotta look at the label sometime first.

Mono Loco

When I enlarged your photo, I could read the model number: Cobra CPP12000. On Cobra's website, I read the owners/user manual. There does not appear to be a 5.5mm x 2.1mm (or 2.5mm) round output jack ... just a USB output jack. While an adapter could be used to convert the jack type, the Amperage is still too low, @ only 3A.
Cobra_CCP12000.JPG

Here is a contender, though.

Click here for Amazon Link
Flix_Bank.JPG

It has the required 12v 10A output with a 5.5mm jack ... but, if it is like my older example (model) from the same company (which is well made and which I have used to jump start a car three times with perfect success!), it is a 5.5 x 2.1mm ... so, as such, you'd need to use an interface cable that has a Male 5.5x2.1mm plug on one end (battery bank) and a slightly different 5.5x2.5mm plug on the other end (Flix) I have not seen such cables, so an adapter will likely need to be added to one end of the cable you get!

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I am running around today, plus I have a lot of shipments to package up - thank you! - so I can only pop in to the thread occasionally.

@mr_cfromcali - what is the current draw on the Flix at 9 volts? Wondering if a 9V brick option may be worthwhile. If it draws say 45-50 watts, it is sufficient to heat the tip within 10 seconds. That would be a much smaller supply and an alternate performance option.

At 9V it is drawing 8.3A, so I don't think a low current 9V brick is an option at this time.

Another Amazon 12V 10A 5.5x2.5/2.1 right angle supply. available in a few days -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXXXBV8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

I purchased one of the above for testing and it's been fine.

The Flix has a 2.5mm x 5.5mm DC jack. I do include a 2.1mm (female) to 2.5mm (male) adapter with each Flix, so you can power it from a 2.1mm (male) power source if needed.

More Flix updates:

Thanks for giving the Fluxer web store such a warm welcome at yesterday's launch! The Flix is selling well, and the 10 FDs I posted sold pretty quickly - thank you!. I'll put together some more blems for sale when I have time.

I've given you guys a head start, so later today I'll notify the Flix email list that the web store is open and Flix are now for sale. Needless to say, I am very eager to get these into people's hands and hear what you think of it! :nod:

I ordered a supply of 2.5mm x 5.5mm 18AWG cigarette lighter adapters, for people who want to power their Flix via their car or boat. I'll sell those through the web store. They will be here in ~3 weeks.

I'm still working on getting some variable voltage power supplies and will post an update on those when I have some lined up.

I've posted the first version of the Flix Quick Start guide to the Flix page on my web site, and it's here as well: Flix Quick Start Guide.pdf . It's one double-sided page. I don't think there are any surprises, but please look it over if you'd like. A printed version ships with each Flix.

Final thing - I have a lot of shipping to do! :clap: I will be working on that today and tomorrow. ;)

Cheers,
:leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Congrats on the launch of Flix! One quick note on the Flix ad - you might add images of the 2 options and what they mean compared to the base version.

Several of these supplies have hybrid plugs that will work with 2.1 and 2.5mm. They will fit tighter on a 2.5mm pin so that is a plus. They did this by making the positive contact a 'fork' style contact.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
kind of a stupid question, but do you expect that its just fine leaving the batteries in the unit when its up on the shelf? I mean, you don't recommend pulling the batts after every use, right?
I know you were asking @mr_cfromcali , but from what I can remember, he has said that as long as you aren’t storing the Flux for a long period of time without using, leaving the batteries in the Flux is fine.
Personally, the only time I remove my batteries is to charge them.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just ordered a flix 16mm coil with 2mm insert and I had to fight the urge to get a second one with a 15mm coil. I'm thinking i'll wait until my name comes up in the list for the flux and see if I still want one. I can't wait to have more info for the power supply and hopefully get one by the time my flix get here.

Aalberti13

@The chemist - I was on the fence as well about coil/insert thickness but figured with the variable voltage of the power supply, we might be able to 'dial' it up for a little more kick when we want it. At least thats what I took away from @mr_cfromcali's post on page 1:

"With the new power relay, the Flix will operate on any voltage from about 7.8VDC to 12.6VDC. You really, really want to try this thing at ~8V - it's a revelation!

...the low voltage operation of the Flix is such a game changer... I have discovered what I think is the perfect PSU for this device, a simple Chinese-made adjustable voltage power supply that will make it very easy for you use the Flix with variable voltage."

Hopefully @mr_cfromcali can elaborate on VV vs coil size once he's done running around for the day and can sit down at the computer.

So excited to get mine, except the tracking info on that power supply says it wont be here until the end of July.. Hopefully it gets here sooner!

LongDraw

Caldron will use a 6 or 8 amp supply depending on vintage.

Yeah, the original my caldron came with went kaput. Ordered two more from a link that was given by pipes. Just checked and mine shows output 12 vold 5 amp.

Just added one that Mr_C linked, 12 volt 10 amp, was then able to also get another 3 prong adapter i needed. Justw ant ot make sure i can use the Flix when it arrives, as the power supply will likely get replaced by the adjustable voltage adapter once he has those.

Q for any/all. I am assuming if use this 12 v - 5 amp one on the flix, it would be under powered. And if i used the 12 v - 10 amp one on the caldron, my guess would be overpowered and possibly hurt the device? Don't have very much knowledge about this stuff, so appreciate if someone can confirm. Just want to make sure i make a mental note so i don't use one on the other and risk the device. Have a caldron from pipes, and have a caldron guts enclosed in a nice wooden enclosure from phatpiggie.

LongDraw,

Mono Loco

Congrats on the launch of Flix! One quick note on the Flix ad - you might add images of the 2 options and what they mean compared to the base version.

Several of these supplies have hybrid plugs that will work with 2.1 and 2.5mm. They will fit tighter on a 2.5mm pin so that is a plus. They did this by making the positive contact a 'fork' style contact.
FORKCombustion!

Top Bottom