Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Perhaps a pipe dream so far, but for the active life style a portable is one that can be a belt worn EDC
That isn’t going to give you a *HERNIA*, and one with swappable batteries.

For now, that seems to be a windproof lighter. No answers, yet.

Or

Stark1,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So a unit that weights 8 oz and has enough charge for a normal day's use is sufficient @Stark1 ? Certainly not a pipe dream but it is a tricky balance from a product offering perspective.

Replaceable vs. rechargeable. Obviously it wants both but replaceable is the bigger ask. A modular pack would be cool!

What's the definition of 'a day's use' for a personal heater?

Belt loop pouch optional. Just drop it in your pocket. It is just a lighter after all.

TommyDee,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Back with a few Flix updates to share:

First batch of Flix PCBs is done: First, I finished the first batch of eighteen Flix "production" PCBs last night, and now have a better idea of what that process involved and how long it took, etc. These PCBs are ready to go into cases:

IMG-9615-private.jpg

The first batch I put up for sale will likely be either 30 or 36 units in total, so this is a good benchmark for me. They didn't build themselves, but they took less time and are much easier to assemble than the Flux Deluxe. :tup: Which is good, because they're supposed to be easier to assemble...:nod:

DC power tip size choice: I have decided that the Flix is going to use the larger 5.5mm x 2.5mm tip size, (center positive). The various 10A power supplies I have been testing all use this larger tip size, so that is the size I will be using on the Flix. I'll include an adapter to allow you to also use 5.5mm x 2.1mm tips. :sherlock:

Variable voltage power supplies: The vendor from whom I attempted to purchase a case of power supplies has canceled the sale on their end. :bang: :rant::goon: This happens sometimes, but it's a setback and is going to add time to my ability to offer these for sale. Sorry. As soon as I get my refund from the first vendor I'll place a new order with another vendor. I'll have an update on this soon.

Fluxer web store: Next up on my to-do list and hopefully coming in a day or two!

That's all for now. :wave:

Cheers,
:leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You are one busy dude @mr_cfromcali . Happy to see the progress bar moving toward offerings :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your brick supplier. Have you sourced fixed voltage bricks for buyers to choose from?

TommyDee,

Baron23

Hi all,

Back with a few Flix updates to share:

First batch of Flix PCBs is done: First, I finished the first batch of eighteen Flix "production" PCBs last night, and now have a better idea of what that process involved and how long it took, etc. These PCBs are ready to go into cases:

IMG-9615-private.jpg

The first batch I put up for sale will likely be either 30 or 36 units in total, so this is a good benchmark for me. They didn't build themselves, but they took less time and are much easier to assemble than the Flux Deluxe. :tup: Which is good, because they're supposed to be easier to assemble...:nod:

DC power tip size choice: I have decided that the Flix is going to use the larger 5.5mm x 2.5mm tip size, (center positive). The various 10A power supplies I have been testing all use this larger tip size, so that is the size I will be using on the Flix. I'll include an adapter to allow you to also use 5.5mm x 2.1mm tips. :sherlock:

Variable voltage power supplies: The vendor from whom I attempted to purchase a case of power supplies has canceled the sale on their end. :bang: :rant::goon: This happens sometimes, but it's a setback and is going to add time to my ability to offer these for sale. Sorry. As soon as I get my refund from the first vendor I'll place a new order with another vendor. I'll have an update on this soon.

Fluxer web store: Next up on my to-do list and hopefully coming in a day or two!

That's all for now. :wave:

Cheers,
Hi @mr_cfromcali - wow, so you shipped my Flux Deluxe, USPS Priority (1-3 days) on 27 May and its still not here. Will you look at this shit...WTF is it doing in North Carolina.

Get your money back for Priority. While I do know that times are difficult all around, USPS seems to set the standard for terrible performance. They have been "losing" stuff on a regular basis (I myself have had two packages just disappear) but I'm betting they are in a dumpster somewhere.

I would advise using UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Way more bueno.

Just look at this....you shipped from northern CA and I live in MD. So, why did it take a tour of the southeast and go from Wadesboro to Charlotte and back....twice!

Can you reach out to them as the shipper and give them a TON of shit? Please.

P.S. - BREAKING NEWS - I just got another update from USPS that it has now left Charlotte and gone back to Wadesboro for the 3rd fucking time.

@mr_cfromcali - they need to get my package here or please take it up with them and ship me another unit....and NOT by USPS.

1591202310450.png

Last edited:
Baron23,

Skeemo

Hi @mr_cfromcali - wow, so you shipped my Flux Deluxe, USPS Priority (1-3 days) on 27 May and its still not here. Will you look at this shit...WTF is it doing in North Carolina.

Get your money back for Priority. While I do know that times are difficult all around, USPS seems to set the standard for terrible performance. They have been "losing" stuff on a regular basis (I myself have had two packages just disappear) but I'm betting they are in a dumpster somewhere.

I would advise using UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Way more bueno.

Just look at this....you shipped from northern CA and I live in MD. So, why did it take a tour of the southeast and go from Wadesboro to Charlotte and back....twice!

Can you reach out to them as the shipper and give them a TON of shit? Please.

P.S. - BREAKING NEWS - I just got another update from USPS that it has now left Charlotte and gone back to Wadesboro for the 3rd fucking time.

@mr_cfromcali - they need to get my package here or please take it up with them and ship me another unit....and NOT by USPS.

View attachment 1091
I'm in the same boat. Was sent out on the 23rd and it's been stuck in San Francisco ever since. So much for priority shipping :(

Skeemo,

Baron23

I'm in the same boat. Was sent out on the 23rd and it's been stuck in San Francisco ever since. So much for priority shipping :(
Oh no!! Actually, no telling if its really in SF or not...often when it shows stuck in originating location, they fucking lost it. sigh Stuck there for 10 days?? No way.

Hahaha...but you will love this, my Flux is not stuck in CA, its doing a shuffle between Charlotte Distro Center and Wadesboro, NC post office. Now back to Charlotte for the fourth time, I believe.

I went to my local post office who, of course, really couldn't resolve this in any way (but FedEx and UPS could in similar) but was kind enough to give me the phone number of the Wadesboro Post Office. I called and spoke to a lady there who told me that the address on the label is correct for Maryland and my house, but the bar code on the label is one that had previously shipped to....wait for it...Wadesboro. So, Wadesboro sees it, sees its not an address they can deliver to, sends it back to Charlotte who then sends it back to Wadesboro.

Ain't it grand. Now, understand that you cannot change the bar code...you don't directly generate this. You enter an address and USPS software generates the bar code on the address label. The shipper can't really screw this up this way....but apparently USPS software can.

So, she told me she was going to mark out the bar code, send it back to Charlotte and force them to actually read the shipping address, and that if it came back to her one more time she would actually generate a completely new label and ship it to me.

Right now, it hit Charlotte again in the early a.m. So, we will see if the next update is Wadesboro or not.

USPS blows, IMO.

P.S. - late breaking news, it left Charlotte this morning...but no telling where exactly its going! haha More at 11. :-)

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
We had a little mishap recently and broke the glass in our FD. After chatting with @mr_cfromcali I decided to send it in for a repair and checkup. We just got it back today and it works better than ever. Fantastic service, same as always.

While my FD was in for service I asked a few questions about the Flix. My timing was perfect so look what else showed up today! Our FD brought a friend home! Woohoo!

The Flix came with a nice little drawstring carrying bag, some little adhesive rubber feet, an allen wrench and a PSU tip adapter. I also asked for a PSU. I've only tried it a couple times so far but here's my first thoughts and observations. It feels very solid. We use both Ti and SS tips. Our FD has 15mm coil and the Flix has 16mm so it's a bit slower to the click. The push button on top works well but I'll have to see how much I actually use it. Pressing the stem down into the coil seems like a more natural, fluid process to me.

That's it for now. Questions or comments, let me know. Right now it's time for more research. :D

fluxers.jpg

Baron23

@mr_cfromcali , et al

This has been quite a USPS experience :bang:

But let's start with the good news headline....I GOT MY FLUX DELUXE DELIVERED...FINALLY...TODAY!! :rockon::clap::tup::nod::science::cheers:

I just got home from shooting some sporting clays on MD eastern shore with a buddy then stopping at Fisherman's Inn on the Chesapeake Bay for the best soft shell crabs I have had in a number of years. Just outstanding and the day was AWESOMELY beautiful. Any warm day in MD without suffocating humidity is a total win.

So, haven't used it yet and just wanted to announce that it had arrived.

But not without MORE erroneous routing by USPS. I have txt alerts set and I'm getting texts that it finally left Charlotte Disto Center....but then its check back in and out of Charlotte like four more times before it gets to Hyattsville, MD (which is NOT the correct distribution center for Rockville...at all). Hyattsville then sent it to Washington, DC Disto Center....who then sent it back to Hyattsville, for no good reason as this is not on the route to Rockville, and Hyattsville this time sent it on to Gaithersburg Distro Center (still not the closest to Rockville). Somehow Gaithersburg got it to my Rockville post office who then delivered it.

My IH has more travel miles on it than Carmen Sandiego! LOL

I suppose all is well that ends well, but I still generally think USPS inhales sharply on sweaty donkey testicles. Oh well.

Cheers

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
But let's start with the good news headline....I GOT MY FLUX DELUXE DELIVERED...FINALLY...TODAY!! :rockon::clap::tup::nod::science::cheers:

Thank goodness! :D :cheers::tup:

UPDATE ('cause the mods don't like separate back-to-back posts):

The Fluxer Heaters' web store is now open!

I'm going to let this info linger here for a bit before I send out a more general email to my Flix subscription list. Link to store.

I have 39 Flix and 10 Flux Deluxe for sale on the web store. :rockon:

In addition to the Flix, the 10 Flux Deluxe consist of 3 new heaters that were never claimed by their buyers, plus another 7 new heaters in slightly blemished cases all with six month warranties. The blemishes are minor and are due to anodization, manufacturing, and/or machining irregularities. Enjoy! :D

A few notes:
  • 2 heaters max per individual, please!
  • Please do not buy two with the intent of immediately re-selling/flipping one. I am not cool with that. :goon:
  • All units for sale via the store are already manufactured and "in stock," but please allow 1-2 days for shipment, depending on demand.
  • UK/EU/AUZ/NZ and Other non-North American shipping is currently extra expensive due to COVID-19 restrictions on commercial air travel. First Class International package shipments that used to take two weeks are currently taking 6-8 weeks or more. For this reason I recommend using Priority international shipping. Priority is US$40 but typically takes "only" 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the bad news, but this is the reality at present.
  • A reminder that the Flix does not come with a PSU. Use one like this or similar: 12V 10A Power Suppy, COOLM AC 100-240V to DC 12V 10A Switching Power Supply Adapter Charger with 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC Plug for LED Strips Lighting CCTV Camera
  • I will have variable voltage PSUs for sale "soon", but I am still working out the details and do not expect to have them for several more weeks.
  • same for 12V cigarette lighter adapters: I'll offer some soon, nut do not have any for sale at present. Sorry. :/
Thanks for your support! I'm continuing to edit the site, so if something looks incomplete I'll hopefully complete it soon. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Baron23

Thank goodness! :D :cheers::tup:

UPDATE ('cause the mods don't like separate back-to-back posts):

The Fluxer Heaters' web store is now open!

I'm going to let this info linger here for a bit before I send out a more general email to my Flix subscription list. Link to store.

I have 39 Flix and 10 Flux Deluxe for sale on the web store. :rockon:

In addition to the Flix, the 10 Flux Deluxe consist of 3 new heaters that were never claimed by their buyers, plus another 7 new heaters in slightly blemished cases all with six month warranties. The blemishes are minor and are due to anodization, manufacturing, and/or machining irregularities. Enjoy! :D

A few notes:
  • 2 heaters max per individual, please!
  • Please do not buy two with the intent of immediately re-selling/flipping one. I am not cool with that. :goon:
  • All units for sale via the store are already manufactured and "in stock," but please allow 1-2 days for shipment, depending on demand.
  • UK/EU/AUZ/NZ and Other non-North American shipping is currently extra expensive due to COVID-19 restrictions on commercial air travel. First Class International package shipments that used to take two weeks are currently taking 6-8 weeks or more. For this reason I recommend using Priority international shipping. Priority is US$40 but typically takes "only" 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the bad news, but this is the reality at present.
  • A reminder that the Flix does not come with a PSU. Use one like this or similar: 12V 10A Power Suppy, COOLM AC 100-240V to DC 12V 10A Switching Power Supply Adapter Charger with 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC Plug for LED Strips Lighting CCTV Camera
  • I will have variable voltage PSUs for sale "soon", but I am still working out the details and do not expect to have them for several more weeks.
  • same for 12V cigarette lighter adapters: I'll offer some soon, nut do not have any for sale at present. Sorry. :/
Thanks for your support! I'm continuing to edit the site, so if something looks incomplete I'll hopefully complete it soon. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Outstanding announcement, sir.

I’m loving my FD right now. First run w it

The 15mm is perfect for me. Just a tad hotter than my Lucid which I’m gifting to Somebody.

I’m also glad I got carbon insert. I was worried that w out glass insert I would not have a clear visual signal that the heater was activated. But my worries were unfounded as all kinds of lights lit up when you press the VC in.

Very nice job, my friend. Well done, indeed.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Link to web store is not working for me.

This is the link in its simplest form:

https://fluxerheaters.com/store

If this still isn't working for you, please send me a PM and let me know the device, OS, and browser you attempted to use (e.g., "iPhone, current iOS, safari" or whatever) and I'll try to figure out why it didn't work for you.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Aalberti13

Just placed my order! However, I have a question about the under glass led options. I selected the 2x red +2x blue with the hopes that it'll be blue while the device is on and red while active. Thinking I might have selected an unnecessary option though?

Also went with the 16mm x 2mm option for the coil/wall insert. I have SS and titanium tips so I figured this would be a good all around choice? I don't mind a slightly longer heat cycle if it means better extraction/more vapor. Am I reading into that correctly?

I can't wait to get the Flix AND the Flux Deluxe! Been waiting for what seems like forever to get one of your products, now I'm getting both!

Birthday present to myself came early this year. 😎

Top Bottom