Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
A Fluxer Heaters Update:

Hi all,

My ducks are all in a row, and I'm finally ready to start making and selling Flux Deluxe heaters again. Huzzah, and thank you for your patience! The next batch of Order Confirmation emails will be coming out shortly, and I'm hopeful my rate of production will increase going forward. I would love to finally get to the folks who joined last spring, summer, and fall.

As the regular readers of this thread know, I have been holding off sending out new order confirmation emails until I could put some standard business protections in place. That's finally done, and I am very happy about that fact! I'm ready to move forward with Fluxer Heaters LLC. It's a more formal business now, and I'm hopeful it will be strong enough to stick around for a while.

Making the business more professional costs money, and...well, I think you know where this paragraph is headed. I'm now incorporated as an LLC and have some insurance and other standard business expenses I need service monthly and quarterly. These are costs I did not have when I introduced the Flux Deluxe at its present price in November of 2018. It is great to have been successful enough to reach this point, but my business expenses have continued to grow along with the business, and it is now necessary for me to raise my base price to cover these new costs. This is my first price increase since introducing the Flux Deluxe in November of 2018. I am sorry to have to do this, but I assure you all that I really, truly do. The new pricing model is below.

I am also going to take this as an opportunity to alter the way I bundle my options to allow me to make more heaters, more easily. I am consolidating the Flux Deluxe into two models: a base model and a standard model. Each has a few commonly requested options, but they are otherwise set. This achieves one objective of eliminating the in-between PCB builds, which were slowing and complicating my production.

I am also adding a Fluxer Heater's 'Custom Shop' to accommodate requests that take a bit more time or material to produce. The prices for these services will reflect a more realistic rate for my time.

From a construction standpoint, I am doing this to narrow my circuit boards to two base models instead of the present three, which in turn should enable me make more of each, more quickly. It will also let properly value the four case colors I am having pre-machined vs the other colors I still must machine by hand.

I have more details on the Flux Deluxe home page: https://fluxerheaters.com/flux-deluxe

These are the new Flux Deluxe prices and option packages, effective immediately:

Flux Deluxe w/analog relay - Base model: $170 + shipping, batteries not included, details below.

Color: Choice of black, gun metal, or purple only
Coil: Choice of 15mm or 16mm coil only
Internal on/off switch included; alternate external switch +$10
Glass insert
External battery meter
Cloth bag
Rubber band (1)
Rubber feet (4)
User Guide (currently in development) to be posted on www.fluxerheaters.com when complete -
Includes one (1) mains-to-12V battery charger w/charge status LED, allowing you to recharge the heaters 18650 batteries* without removing them from the heater. Choose from US, UK, EU, AUS, or 12VDC automotive adapters; additional adapter(s) are available for +$10.

1 year warranty
*Batteries are NOT included

$170 + shipping

There are no substitutions or options beyond those mentioned for the Flux Deluxe base model.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Flux Deluxe w/analog relay - Standard model w/under glass LEDs and built-in batter meter: $195 + shipping, batteries not included, details below.

Color: Choice of black, gun metal dark green, or purple
Coil: Choice of 15mm or 16mm coil
Internal on/off switch included, alternate external switch +$10
Choice of glass or carbon fiber insert
Under glass LEDs (red)
Built-in battery meter
Cloth bag
Rubber band (1)
Rubber feet (4)
User Guide (currently in development) to be posted on www.fluxerheaters.com when complete
-
Includes one (1) mains-to-12V battery charger w/charge status LED, allowing you to recharge the heaters 18650 batteries* without removing them from the heater. Choose from US, UK, EU, AUS, or 12VDC automotive adapters; additional adapter(s) are available for +$10.

1 year warranty
*Batteries are NOT included

$195 + shipping

There are no substitutions or options beyond those mentioned for the Flux Deluxe Standard model.

Fluxer Heaters Custom Shop:

Please see the Fluxer Heaters' Custom Shop for info and prices on alternate case colors and materials; alternate under glass LED colors; and alternate coil sizes.

I don't have a direct link for it yet, so for now, please see https://fluxerheaters.com/flux-deluxe , it is down towards the bottom of the page.

Thank you for your support, and thank you for your business!

Thank you all for helping to make Fluxer Heaters successful! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the encouragement you have given me, and also the great patience you have shown towards me as I have figured out how to make and sell these heaters! While I have been making heaters, I have also been learning how to run this operation as a business, and I have learned a lot so far. I am hopeful the above changes will position this business well for the coming year, and allow me to make a lot more heaters for people.

Thanks again! I expect to begin sending out a new batch of Order Confirmation emails later tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:

Baron23

My ducks are all in a row, and I'm finally ready to start making and selling Flux Deluxe heaters again.

Yeah!!!!

I put in my reservation (or whatever you call getting on the list) via the webpage email form so I don't have any "sent" email record or confirmation of receipt.

I have not bothered you with checking that I am indeed on the list or where I might be on the list as you have been in the weeds.

So....I guess I should just hang pat and see if/when I get a confirmation email???

Baron23,

martinstraka8282

Yeah!!!!

I put in my reservation (or whatever you call getting on the list) via the webpage email form so I don't have any "sent" email record or confirmation of receipt.

I have not bothered you with checking that I am indeed on the list or where I might be on the list as you have been in the weeds.

So....I guess I should just hang pat and see if/when I get a confirmation email???
Hey Baron,

I'm sure Mr.C will chime in, but I had the same question a couple weeks back. There was a bit of confusion between us about the sign on date after I did inquire, but we quickly got to the bottom of it. In the end, he told me that he "scrapes" his emails for sign up dates that confirm when you signed up. I also did not get a confirmation email from the web page sign up as he said it's not set up to do so, but he confirmed I had signed up in July via that form.

martinstraka8282,

Baron23

Hey Baron,

I'm sure Mr.C will chime in, but I had the same question a couple weeks back. There was a bit of confusion between us about the sign on date after I did inquire, but we quickly got to the bottom of it. In the end, he told me that he "scrapes" his emails for sign up dates that confirm when you signed up. I also did not get a confirmation email from the web page sign up as he said it's not set up to do so, but he confirmed I had signed up in July via that form.
Thanks friend...did you PM him about your reservation and date?

I've been trying to not bother him but it is very uncomfortable waiting when you don't even know if you really are on the wait list or not.

Baron23,

martinstraka8282

Thanks friend...did you PM him about your reservation and date?

I've been trying to not bother him but it is very uncomfortable waiting when you don't even know if you really are on the wait list or not.
I had reached out via email to confirm my sign up date and admittedly did some light fishing for eta on my slot, but quickly dropped that part out of respect and since he has made it fairly clear that he doesn't even really know. I had the same feelings though and couldn't leave the sign on date part hanging.

Personally, I think it's a fair question since there's no confirmation email that comes with the system used and you are still a paying customer even if it's a small personal side business.

I doubt Mr.C would mind at all and I was met with some very friendly correspondence.

I think there are some fair questions and there's just being a pain in the ass. The annoyance probably comes mostly with questions that are all clearly answered on his website and elsewhere.

Haha that's my two cents anyways!

martinstraka8282,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry, once again, for any confusion surrounding the waiting list. I wrote a long post on February 17 in which I tried to explain how the list works , so please take a look at that if you missed it.

I have been editing my web site with the price updates and other changes I mentioned, in advance of sending out this next batch of names. This included re-working both my waiting list form and my order confirmation form, so they are clearer and more in line with the heaters as I am currently making them. While I was doing that, I also added some add'l verbiage to the Waiting List web page to make it more obvious that the waiting list form is a one-way street.

Finally, to restate what @martinstraka8282 said, I do try to use the date of your first email communication to me as your "waiting list join date." My goals are inclusion and fairness, not exclusion or denial.

I've sent you a PM, @Baron23. Please reply and we can go from there.

Thanks again to everyone in this thread for your support! FWIW, I finished my web site edits late last night - there were more than I realized, and there are still a few more items I should update when I can - but the web site now has accurate pricing and model information, and reflects what I posted here yesterday. Those edits were necessary before I send out more emails, and now that the site is accurate I intend to send Order Confirmation emails very shortly, and get this train running again.

[11:30am Pacific Time Update: I just sent the final batch of Order Confirmation emails for April 2019, and have advanced the "currently serving" date in my FC signature accordingly. If you are reading this and believe I missed you, please send me a PM or an email and we will investigate. Same for people who submitted an Order Confirmation in December and have not yet received a heater. I have been spread a bit thin at times, so if I screwed up and skipped your order by mistake, it was just that - a mistake! Sorry! Please let me know! :haw:]

Finally, regarding estimated dates and such: There are many, many names on the Flux Deluxe waiting list! I have a suspicion quite a few of the people that signed up in the spring/summer of 2019 are no longer interested, but I also know that many still are. I won't know which is which I ask, and the question isn't a valid one until the person being asked is given a real opportunity to buy a heater from me, then makes a decision to do so or not. I expect the list to shake itself out, but if you know you contacted me in March, and the "currently serving" message in my FC signature indicates I am now serving people who signed up in April, send me a PM and include a date of contact and the email address you used so I can confirm. Hopefully that allays some fears.

Cheers,

Last edited:

PKOK

Ok just to be clear - I didn't send an email, I did your "sign up"....still good right? Even though I've no date? I know, beating a dead horse.
============
All right now I'm taking the beating so I apologize yet again, I'll sit and wait a year not knowing a dang thing.
I'd even pay up front to have confirmation. I'll leave it at that, I keep stuffin that foot back in my mouth.

Last edited:
PKOK,
Reactions: Jas

Baron23

Sorry, once again, for any confusion surrounding the waiting list. I wrote a long post on February 17 in which I tried to explain how the list works , so please take a look at that if you missed it.

I have been editing my web site with the price updates and other changes I mentioned, in advance of sending out this next batch of names. This included re-working both my waiting list form and my order confirmation form, so they are clearer and more in line with the heaters as I am currently making them. While I was doing that, I also added some add'l verbiage to the Waiting List web page to make it more obvious that the waiting list form is a one-way street.

Finally, to restate what @martinstraka8282 said, I do try to use the date of your first email communication to me as your "waiting list join date." My goals are inclusion and fairness, not exclusion or denial.

I've sent you a PM, @Baron23. Please reply and we can go from there.

Thanks again to everyone in this thread for your support! FWIW, I finished my web site edits late last night - there were more than I realized, and there are still a few more items I should update when I can - but the web site now has accurate pricing and model information, and reflects what I posted here yesterday. Those edits were necessary before I send out more emails, and now that the site is accurate I intend to send Order Confirmation emails very shortly, and get this train running again.

[11:30am Pacific Time Update: I just sent the final batch of Order Confirmation emails for April 2019, and have advanced the "currently serving" date in my FC signature accordingly. If you are reading this and believe I missed you, please send me a PM or an email and we will investigate. Same for people who submitted an Order Confirmation in December and have not yet received a heater. I have been spread a bit thin at times, so if I screwed up and skipped your order by mistake, it was just that - a mistake! Sorry! Please let me know! :haw:]

Finally, regarding estimated dates and such: There are many, many names on the Flux Deluxe waiting list! I have a suspicion quite a few of the people that signed up in the spring/summer of 2019 are no longer interested, but I also know that many still are. I won't know which is which I ask, and the question isn't a valid one until the person being asked is given a real opportunity to buy a heater from me, then makes a decision to do so or not. I expect the list to shake itself out, but if you know you contacted me in March, and the "currently serving" message in my FC signature indicates I am now serving people who signed up in April, send me a PM and include a date of contact and the email address you used so I can confirm. Hopefully that allays some fears.

Cheers,
Ah, you don’t seem to have anFC sig block as far as I can see on my phone??

:-)

Baron23,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ah, you don’t seem to have anFC sig block as far as I can see on my phone??

:-)

If you are viewing FC on your phone you may need to turn it 90° to landscape mode to see people's signatures.

I use an iPhone 8 and the current iOS, and just confirmed in both Safari and Firefox for iOS that I can view my FC signature by rotating my phone to landscape mode. Give that a try - the text of my signature is in purple, with the current date is in fluorescent green.

Here's a screenshot of this thread from my phone in landscape mode:

IMG-6-F0046-B3-E21-B-1.jpg

Last edited:
mr_cfromcali,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

If you are viewing FC on your phone you may need to turn it 90° to landscape mode to see people's signatures.

I use an iPhone 8 and the current iOS, and just confirmed in both Safari and Firefox for iOS that I can view my FC signature by rotating my phone to landscape mode. Give that a try - the text of my signature is in purple, with the current date is in fluorescent green.

Here's a screenshot of this thread from my phone in landscape mode:

IMG-6-F0046-B3-E21-B-1.jpg
Thanks. Yeah, that works.
Hard to believe that I recently retired from a career in tech! Haha

Baron23,

PKOK

Oh Boy, round and round we go, I don't envy you Mr C....well I do but I don'....ahh you know
what I mean.
Read post #1568.
I use the accounts on the fluxerheaters.com web site for my Order Confirmation process. They are not used for the waiting list. Again, there's no harm in creating an account ahead of time, but I'm not going to do anything with it until I invite you to confirm your order.
So Baron23 you'll get your confirmation email right after I get mine, 8-12 months from now. Anyway sit tight. It's Mr C's website template that needs work but he has plenty on his plate without worrying about that.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
So Baron23 you'll get your confirmation email right after I get mine, 8-12 months from now. Anyway sit tight.
I can't wait! The price is way higher than it would have been if I ordered before, but it's such a good heater... :ugh: I might not get wood since it would be so much more, now.

rnartian,

PKOK

I feel your pain Martian, I ordered before the change but I too will pay the inflated price. Mr C is now running
a real comp. with all the growing costs involved. It IS a Good Heater and will be well worth the wait.
Get the wood if you like, you've plenty of time to save up. Another Plus about the long wait is we may possibly get a few upgrades, never know. He's always looking for improvements.
Just build a couple of Chinese heaters to get you through.

AcidFlashbang

I feel your pain Martian, I ordered before the change but I too will pay the inflated price. Mr C is now running
a real comp. with all the growing costs involved. It IS a Good Heater and will be well worth the wait.
Get the wood if you like, you've plenty of time to save up. Another Plus about the long wait is we may possibly get a few upgrades, never know. He's always looking for improvements.
Yeah he added a few upgrades while I was waiting for mine and I'm glad because Im in love with my heater

bannakaffalatta

I got mine in October with all the options and the price I paid then and what the price would be now isn't that much of an increase. $20-30 at most?

Once you have it, unless you really didn't want the external switch, the under led and battery checker are great.

Baron23

So Baron23 you'll get your confirmation email right after I get mine, 8-12 months from now.

So, where does 8-12 months come from, please?

He's working on April, I'm an August...and I'm not sure any of use other than Jeff knows his throughput and therefor his backlog in time.

Am I wrong?

Baron23,

M3 Element

He's working on April, I'm an August...and I'm not sure any of use other than Jeff knows his throughput and therefor his backlog in time.

Am I wrong?
Fluxer website is showing 6-12 month estimated wait time so maybe its based off that. I signed up October 1st so it looks like I still have a while to go.

M3 Element,

PKOK

Am I wrong?

You could be right Baron23, just a worst case guess on my part. :2c: I tend to not dwell on it that way when the Fluxer Heater Santa slides into my email, I be happy mon!:rockon::leaf:

PKOK,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

I realize the waiting list is still a black box, so let me try to shed some light on it and my current rate of output.

The Flux Deluxe waiting list has many names, and people add themselves to it daily. I typically see 100 to 200 people joining the list each month - thank you! - and it has been like that for the last year or so, with zero advertising or encouragement from me, apart from this thread and my web site. If you do the math, that works out to ~2000 names, which is a good number for purposes of this discussion. Again - thank you! I appreciate all of the interest my heater has generated and truly wish I could crank these out in the moment for everyone that ever wanted one.

So let's say the waiting list currently has 2000 people on it. My actual conversion rate - the rate at which people move from being on the list to owning a heater - is NOT 100%, or even 50%, lol. It's more like 15% to 30%, with this number varying wildly from one set of "I'm finally ready to take your order" emails to the next. This makes it very hard to predict when I might actually reach someone who signed up in July - or October - as there are a lot of 'dead' names on the list, but I don't know who will buy one until I give someone the real opportunity to buy a heater. People are typically most interested at the time they sign up, and for many their interest often falls off with the passage of time, so I believe my conversion rate will stay < 20% low until I reach more recent sign ups. So that's one consideration to how quickly I can move through the list.

Another factor - and one that will further reduce my conversion rate - is my recent price increase, which was necessary but will be a deal breaker for some people, unfortunately. More info on why that was necessary:

As you all know, I just raised the base price of the Flux Deluxe by $35. This was in direct response to my increased insurance and business licensing/registration fees, which have risen from $500/yr. in 2018 to ~$10k/yr in 2020. Product liability insurance is the biggest component of this increase, and on its own it now adds about $25 to the price of each heater. The remainder of the increase covers my business and licensing fees, which are also a lot more than they were in 2018. Legal protections are important, and it made sense to form an LLC and purchase liability insurance now, before I make and sell hundreds more heaters. I'm planning on selling that many, at any rate, and need to put the right protections in place, etc. Anyway, I sleep better now that that is all done and in place. And while there's no "extra profit" in the $35 price increase, I have found some other efficiencies in building these devices, so I'm able to build each one with a bit less effort, and in this way I can save time building each heater. It may sound like a cliche, but it's no less true: when you are running your own business, your time IS money! Anyway, I hope that extended explanation is helpful.

Back to the list - I'm currently up to folks that joined the list in early May, and will be sending out more "order confirmation invitations" today or tomorrow. The most recent email sets have had lower conversion rates than previous ones, as discussed , so I may move through May more quickly than I anticipated, which is totally fine! Stay tuned, and please check my signature for updates. And finally - if you were expecting to receive an email by now and think I missed you, please send me an email or PM with the date of your first correspondence to me, so I can find your record. I'll use that if there's any ambiguity.

Whew - that took a while to write up. Thanks for reading! I hope that explanation helps.

Cheers,

[updated for clarity, or so I hope.]
[updated again for even greater clarity; total clarity remains elusive...]

Last edited:

okänd

I can't remember exactly when I signed up for ordering a heater but I got the email about it last night. Had completely forgot I even did that but I have now followed the instructions and placed an order. I've been on a tolerance break for a while and I am very excited for getting a heater now. Insurance is important so good on you for getting those things in place :). Still a very good price for something hand built and nice looking like this.

One more note regarding the signatures. They don't show up at all unless you're logged in to the forum.

PKOK

I can't remember exactly when I signed up for ordering a heater but I got the email about it last night. Had completely forgot I even did that but I have now followed the instructions and placed an order. I've been on a tolerance break for a while and I am very excited for getting a heater now. Insurance is important so good on you for getting those things in place :). Still a very good price for something hand built and nice looking like this.

One more note regarding the signatures. They don't show up at all unless you're logged in to the forum.
Oh you Lucky Dog. Welcome

PKOK,
Reactions: okänd
Top Bottom