Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
How much of a temp variance are we talking about?

Not a lot, but some. As I said above, 1-2 seconds delay with the 14mm coil. I have a video demo of the feature with the stock trim pot/16mm coil. Look at the Fluxer Heaters YT channel. On my phone so I’m not going to try to link to it.

I’ll post a new demo with this feature and its effect on each coil when it’s a bit further along.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@mr_cfromcali I was in the first batch and just received the cap for the switch which you sent unsolicited and without further compensation. The switch came with great instructions in color, the rubber band for around the chassis, battery tester and new smaller stickers. Thank you very much! I would hope for this kind of service from a large business and would likely be disappointed, but to get this kind of service from a craftsman working from home, still holding a regular job and spending time with his family.. well, I am over the moon. Thanks again! The install went without a hitch and now my button is protected, feels great.

I've contemplated the 14mm coil, but will stick with with 16MM for now. I think my biggest issue now is I have too many vapes in rotation: Flowerpot Showerhead, Splinter Z w/XL8R, Lil Bud, Milaana and the M and Omni.

Last edited:

Gray Area

I received my batch 1 care package in the UK today too... thanks :D
Switch cover fitted without any problems.

Absolutely love my FD. It's standing up to a real hammering from me and taking it all in it's stride easily. Think I'm going to stick with 16mm too, have it dialled in and working like a charm :tup:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I received my batch 1 care package in the UK today too... thanks :D
Switch cover fitted without any problems.

Absolutely love my FD. It's standing up to a real hammering from me and taking it all in it's stride easily. Think I'm going to stick with 16mm too, have it dialled in and working like a charm :tup:

Yep, me too! Not about the care package but how the Deluxe is just a workhorse and also plan on sticking with 16mm since I’ve been happy with its performance and feel comfortable in getting consistent results.

I’ll admit that when mr_c let me off the leash, I was pretty damn excited to share my experience and thoughts about Señor FD with the community. I’m sure some members nearly broke their eyebrows, rolling their eyes :rolleyes: so hard at my “review” and the way I was gushing about performance and look/feel. It was easy to write so enthusiastically about the Fluxer Deluxe because it was the truth, the feelz was realz.

Needless to say, I am really glad to see others are conducting their own “testing” and finding similar data points. It’s also very nice to know mr_c didn’t give me a souped-up unicorn to test with.:haw:

I try to be positive and upbeat in general, mainly because I’m alive but my integrity matters to me, even online with a fake name. I wouldn’t sugarcoat it or worse, bullshit y’all if I didn’t believe in the device and the devil behind it. :evil: If I found a bunch of issues, I would have told mr_c and been the best beta tester of all time. I also would have told you guys in a tactful but honest way. Not only do I have to live with myself but I also hope to be around FC & the other interwebs outlets for a long while. Beware! :D

slozukimc

Does anyone else notice it is easier to get the hi temp limit to kick in after installing the button fix? At least I think that’s what happens.

Heating like I have described in previous posts, the FD stops heating and then a bit later the light goes out and I have to flip the switch off and on for it to work again.

FD owner tip: Be really careful when turning your FD on and off. The glass can fall out very quickly. I caught mine in my lap but the little bugger sure surprised me.

Gray Area

Workhorse describes mine too @pxl_jockey mate...
I'm a pretty heavy (read greedy) user and am draining a set of batteries a day to 3.6 ish, prob putting between 1.5-2g through it. Got 2x sets of three batteries in rotation and I'm always charging one set (need a desktop unit I think :hmm: ).

I rarely trip the thermal cut off thingy (which surprises me) although sometimes run it without the lid on to let a bit of air in there.

@slozukimc are you talking about the "button fix" glass or the glass tubes that's inside the coil? If it's the button are you sure it's clicked on fully. Mine snapped on pretty solid and doesn't look like it's going anywhere without a bit of force. Tube doesn't move either tbh...

slozukimc

Workhorse describes mine too @pxl_jockey mate...
I'm a pretty heavy (read greedy) user and am draining a set of batteries a day to 3.6 ish, prob putting between 1.5-2g through it. Got 2x sets of three batteries in rotation and I'm always charging one set (need a desktop unit I think :hmm: ).

I rarely trip the thermal cut off thingy (which surprises me) although sometimes run it without the lid on to let a bit of air in there.

@slozukimc are you talking about the "button fix" glass or the glass tubes that's inside the coil? If it's the button are you sure it's clicked on fully. Mine snapped on pretty solid and doesn't look like it's going anywhere without a bit of force. Tube doesn't move either tbh...
The tube. The button fix snapped right on and isn’t going anywhere.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
The Fluxer Deluxe is amazing !
I really love mine . :love:
Very well designed ,lots of protection ,robust enclosure and great efficiency .
Great little device .
Top quality .-
:rockon:
Fantastic job done @mr_cfromcali :tup: :clap:
You Sir are a perfectionist !
:bowdown:
Congrats !

Still ... :uhoh:

I could not resist ,although the FD is already close to perfect !
:evil:

The tactile switch .
I do not need a ceramic disk.Neither a tactile switch .
:freak:

I used the stainless steel stem (or is it "bar" ? ) of a tattoo needle .
Some solder flux for SS and lead -free solder (starts to melt beyond 215 C ) .
Used some small pieces of the tattoo needle bar and solder them to serve as bare contacts .
The cap is actually the ...switching media !

Hack #2 The charge level indicator .
I really do like more the feedback to be in actual Volts,when checking for the cell pack charge level . :science:

Cheers!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Fluxer Deluxe is amazing !
I really love mine . :love:
Very well designed ,lots of protection ,robust enclosure and great efficiency .
Great little device .
Top quality .-
:rockon:
Fantastic job done @mr_cfromcali :tup: :clap:
You Sir are a perfectionist !
:bowdown:
Congrats !

Still ... :uhoh:

I could not resist ,although the FD is already close to perfect !
:evil:

The tactile switch .
I do not need a ceramic disk.Neither a tactile switch .
:freak:

I used the stainless steel stem (or is it "bar" ? ) of a tattoo needle .
Some solder flux for SS and lead -free solder (starts to melt beyond 215 C ) .
Used some small pieces of the tattoo needle bar and solder them to serve as bare contacts .
The cap is actually the ...switching media !

Hack #2 The charge level indicator .
I really do like more the feedback to be in actual Volts,when checking for the cell pack charge level . :science:

Cheers!

:clap::clap::clap:

:tup::tup::tup:

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thank goodness - I would have been worried if you had not modded yours! ;)

Thanks for posting the pics and the review, @stardustsailor! :love:

You had mentioned your cap-as-the-actual-switch idea a few months ago and I was skeptical, SDS, but your implementation is very good (of course). :nod: Well done! Not that I would expect anything less, but very nicely done!

Note to folks who might want this hack for themselves: I have no plans at this time to offer this as an option - sorry.

I like your power meter hack, too. :D

Thank you for all of your help and advice on this and so many other topics here on FC! Please use it in good health and have fun w/it. I'm sure you'll come up with a few more tweaks for it as you spend more time w/it.

Cheers!

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
A quick Sunday midday Fluxer update:

Hi all,

I am deep into making batch #2:

The good news:
I have 45+ finished, ready-to-use battery packs!
(As I mentioned previously, these actually take more time to make than the circuit boards or cases.)

IMG-7186-private.jpg

I also have 50 of cases on hand, in different states of completion:

fd-cases-private.png

And the 14mm glass inserts arrived, from two different sources, so I now have 60 of these on hand:

IMG-7178-2-private.jpg

I wanted to have a large number of ready-to-go parts on hand so I could build out a number of Deluxes this weekend.

So that's all the good news: I have numerous sub-assemblies ready to be built out into heaters.

The bad news:
Unfortunately, I have been fighting a serious hardware issue this weekend that is preventing completed heaters from working, and as a result I have not completed any functional heaters yet this weekend.

:(

:rolleyes:

I'm still getting to the bottom of this issue. My suspicion is that I received a bad batch of power relays that are shorting out when stressed, as my most recent builds are not as functional in a way that points to that piece behaving that way, but I am still investigating what's going on. The production line is stopped until I get it figured out.

Sorry for the delay. I'd turn it over to my QA team...but hey, that's also me. I'm working it. :bang:

Thanks for your patience! I say that a lot, but that's about all I can do. You folks have shown a lot of enthusiasm for these heaters, and I truly appreciate that. I am sorry my output has been slow for this second batch, but I wanted to wait for a few things to come to fruition before I started shipping them, as I hate seeing new features come out a week after I buy a thing. It is thus especially frustrating to encounter a hardware issue like this in a device that has been working successfully in the field, but that's what happened, so I need to deal with it.

At least the other components are in good shape and are pretty much ready to go, so once I work out this issue, I can move on to assembling and shipping some more heaters.

Thanks. I'll post another update on this situation later today or tonight.

Cheers,
:leaf:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the update. I was hoping to hear that my FD was ready to be shipped but I appreciate the quality control even more.

After the mess I dealt with to get a working Grasshopper (IE never really got one...) I am 100% fine in waiting for a fully tested product :)

Thank you so much for all your work! I can't wait for it to be in my collection!

I'll definitely echo this, thanks for all the updates! I'll continue to impatiently patiently wait

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

Update: OK, some good news - I do, indeed, have some bad power relays. I also have some good ones, though, so it will be OK. I was able to confirm that bad relays were keeping the heaters from functioning, and good relays allow them to function. That takes a HUGE load off of my mind! I have added a step to my builds to now bench test the power relays (to make sure they work) before I install them. I probably should have been bench testing them before installation all along, but this was not an issue until now. (I haven't had a single DOA power relay until this weekend, when I had suddenly a half dozen in a row?!?:rant:)

I ordered these relays and some other parts in bulk back in July, when I first began poking at this stuff, and this is twice now that I have discovered that not all of the items in my aliexpress.com bulk orders were from good stock. The numbers in this shipment were close to what I was expecting (I ordered 300 and got 297), but I believe some percentage of these relays were items that may have failed a quality check but were nonetheless tossed in to the box to round out the numbers.There's no way to tell a bad board by looking at it, only by using it, and if 3% or 5% are bad you are going to use a lot of good ones until you hit the bad ones. I think I just hit a cache of bad ones, all at once. But it sure ate up two days of working time. :bang:

Anyway, I will now test these before I install them, so a few more minutes per build, but less time troubleshooting the other side.

We have family plans this evening, but I hope to build more out later tonight, when I have some more shop time. I'll keep you folks abreast of further developments. I am hopeful I will actually ship some heaters tomorrow.

More to come. :)

Last edited:

Tupak420

Thanks for the updates regarding set-backs and the good news following. I'm loving the play-by-play that you are providing with this build and more importantly, sharing your struggles and how you are moving passed them with great lesson's learned and are immediately implementing process changes to eliminate future concerns. (Feels like the forum version of "How its Made' - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0835010/ for the Fluxer)

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I have reinstalled the tactile switch .
The "bare contacts " hack is not working well .
The lead-free solder contains Copper and Silver at enough quantities
to absorb heat from the (bottom of the)cap .
So,while the load is heated ,the clickers lose heat ,while in contact with the lead-free solder.
Thus ,they take longer to snap .By then the load is rather ...well done !
Overcooked ...

Back to the tactile switch then ...

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HI all,

OK, I think I have all of my cleared all of my current production concerns, and am eager to build out batch #2 and get them into your hands!!

Confirming your colors, coils, and other build options prior to building your batch #2 Flux Deluxe

As I work down my list, I will send you an email to confirm your color choices and build options prior to me building out your heaters.

I have already sent some, and will be sending (many) more. When you get one of these emails, it means your heater is essentially at the front of the queue, and you have my attention. :tup:

I'll complete your build as soon as you confirm your build options.

Some of you have already shared this info with me, so I'm sorry to ask a second time, but it's better to confirm your choices before I build them out. ;)

Thanks!

PS: My waiting list is getting pretty long (2 months or more for the newest additions, I estimate), so if you are new to this project and are just adding your name to the list now, please fix yourself a drink and put your feet up, it could be a while. ;)

mario

Well I have never been more excited to have gotten on the list early than I am now! :) Can’t wait to hear from you, I know I have pestered you with emails but now that I know that you are going to confirm all the choices before final build, I won’t keep emailing you ;) hahaha.

Can’t wait!

mero614

HI all,

OK, I think I have all of my cleared all of my current production concerns, and am eager to build out batch #2 and get them into your hands!!

Confirming your colors, coils, and other build options prior to building your batch #2 Flux Deluxe

As I work down my list, I will send you an email to confirm your color choices and build options prior to me building out your heaters.

I have already sent some, and will be sending (many) more. When you get one of these emails, it means your heater is essentially at the front of the queue, and you have my attention. :tup:

Some of you have already shared this info with me, so I'm sorry to ask a second time, but it's better to confirm your choices before I build them out. ;)

Thanks!

PS: My waiting list is getting pretty long (2 months or more for the newest additions, I estimate), so if you are new to this project and are just adding your name to the list now, please fix yourself a drink and put your feet up, it could be a while. ;)
HI all,

Thanks!

Awesome Jeff..i cant wait.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Guys - I sent emails to the first dozen names. I’ve gotten three replies so far. There will be more emails once I get a sense of the non-response/attrition rate.

I’m going to wait a day and see how quickly the first dozen respond before I send more.

Thanks again for your patience!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@mr_cfromcali I also share your troubles when sourcing parts from China.. I would advise to stay away from DHgate retailers. They just sell B,C,D bin(quality) and returned goods from customers that order big and have agreement on that. Once i ordered 25 glass adapters and they all came croocked with glass bubbles... there were like 3-4 which were decent quality.. and didnt even managed to get refunded on those. Even at higher price i think i prefer buying even Chinese goods from local sources because you can do a complain and be heard by someone who speaks your language and is scarred of a potential complaint .

Top Bottom