Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Meditation

Hi first post :wave:

I’m a lonnnng time lurker quit smoking 8 years ago after 20 years! Owned various vapes in those 8 years and then in 2017 I bought the M and shortly afterwards it was my go to vape, ticks all the boxes for me. Then I got the omni and thought I would treat myself to a induction heater, liked the look of what Mr c was doing and just before the new year I ordered one.

It arrived on the March 18th a bit of a wait but fuck me was it worth it! A proper game changer, I ordered the 14mm and the clouds:clap:I could hot box my living room with beautiful tasting vapor, I never combusted once but you could easy if you don’t respect the click....which is something you don’t have to hear anymore you feel it. You can crank up the music and :rockon: it was the omnis only weakness imo and Mr c has fixed that! Then I suffered the dreaded mosfett failure and was immediately gutted because I’d already fallen in love:love:. It was a bummer cos I’m pretty much the other side of the world to mr c but he was a pleasure to deal with throughout and only had it a day and a half before it was on its way back!
I can’t fault mr c in the way he does business my fluxer arrived back today and it’s better than I remember well happy thanks mr c.:tup:

On a side note (nothing to do with mr c) I’m fucking well pissed off with Royal Mail and customs money grabbing bastards that they are. The first time my package arrived quickly and no problem at all, when mr c sent it back however it did nearly 5500 miles in about 3 days....the last 50 miles took 6 days how the fuck can that happen :huh: also customs charged me and Royal Mail chucked a handling charge on which meant I paid 75% of the value on the box! £14.32 fucking unbelievable(not having a go at mr c he did everything top notch) just feel like they fucked me and it hurt:bang: still well worth it though and I know it’s the luck of the draw. Anyway enough rambling buy a fluxer they are awesome.

Peace and :leaf:

Darr1

Hi all waiting sooo patiently for my turn to come , dont want to bother mr c as I can see he has been extremely busy of late so thought I'd turn to my friends at FC. I pre ordered on 8th Jan anyone else around that time or just before been lucky enough to have their turn yet ? Just trying to gauge how much longer lol

SuperDave1276

I sent my original request on January 3rd, received my "added to the list" email on the 4th and my pre-build confirmation email on March 7th. As far as I know, my FD is in the current build, which I believe has been subdivided since the mosfet issue necessitated a line-stop. And I, like many (most I'd imagine), am happy to wait a bit longer for the latest revision.

Hi all waiting sooo patiently for my turn to come , dont want to bother mr c as I can see he has been extremely busy of late so thought I'd turn to my friends at FC. I pre ordered on 8th Jan anyone else around that time or just before been lucky enough to have their turn yet ? Just trying to gauge how much longer lol

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone,

My project this weekend has been building this reflow soldering oven, the one I mentioned last week. It's been a fun build so far, and it looks like it will be a few more hours later today to wrap up.

A few in-progress shots:

IMG-7510-private.jpg

IMG-7511-private.jpg

IMG-7512-private.jpg

When it's done, I'll be able to solder batches of six Deluxe PCBs at a time, with more consistent results than I can get by hand with my current hand reflow setup. :tup:

My goal is to increase my throughput where I can, and maximize my Fluxer time, so I can get more heaters out the door. It has been a struggle lately, and some of the recent changes to the design have required more time and skill to implement than I can afford to lavish on each heater. The revised PCB incorporates several of these changes and should be less time consuming to build.

I need to reduce my labor where I can, while also increasing my output, all without sacrificing quality, alienating my family. or losing my day job, lol. NBD, right? :rofl:

Anyway, the first run of the revised PCBs came on Wednesday. They were pretty good, but not quite right. The next batch should be the one, and they should be here Thursday or Friday. I'll post some more details then. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to getting this oven ready for their arrival. :brow:

Cheers,
:leaf:

PS: I've added some waiting list info to my signature.

Last edited:
Too bad you don't live a little closer. I just sold/gave away a ton of electronics stuff. I have my entire collection of components available for sale on Craigslist but nobody seems to be into building electronics any more.

There must be thousands of resistors, caps, voltage regulators, comm circuits, crystals.....etc.

Sold my scope, power supplies, Weller stations (3) and a lifetime collection of electronics stuff.

2ijmdkj.jpg

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@mr_cfromcali looks good man, there is a guy on ebay who sells aluminum shelves that fit in those ovens that make a world of difference for heat distribution over the wire racks I highly suggest you pick one up.

We also never install those door servos and just hang around for a few minutes. I have to say your new fancy big screen model has me wanting to upgrade our test oven from the Controleo2

Did you go with the convection model? I think I might try that on the next one we build

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali looks good man, there is a guy on ebay who sells aluminum shelves that fit in those ovens that make a world of difference for heat distribution over the wire racks I highly suggest you pick one up.

We also never install those door servos and just hang around for a few minutes. I have to say your new fancy big screen model has me wanting to upgrade our test oven from the Controleo2

Did you go with the convection model? I think I might try that on the next one we build

Thanks, @maxvapor710 - yes, I ordered a couple of the aluminum trays from the ebay seller as recommended.

I did not go with the convection model as the info on Whizoo.com suggested the convection fan was primarily used for add'l and faster cooling, and I can live w/out that at this time. I was also looking for a straightforward build, as I think the standard model will be fine for me, and I can always sell it and move to a bigger one if I really need more space per batch, or add'l features. But the stock model and stock feature set of the Controleo3 controller is pretty amazing, so I think I am going to be very happy w/it!

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement!

=-=-=-=-=

Adding on to my "PS" from my last post: My signature now includes the waiting list date I am currently building, so you can get a sense of where I am in the list. For people viewing this thread on your phone, you may need to turn your phone to landscape mode to see signature. :sherlock: :wave:

Last edited:

mero614

Thanks, @maxvapor710 - yes, I ordered a couple of the aluminum trays from the ebay seller as recommended.

I did not go with the convection model as the info on Whizoo.com suggested the convection fan was primarily used for add'l and faster cooling, and I can live w/out that at this time. I was also looking for a straightforward build, as I think the standard model will be fine for me, and I can always sell it and move to a bigger one if I really need more space per batch, or add'l features. But the stock model and stock feature set of the Controleo3 controller is pretty amazing, so I think I am going to be very happy w/it!

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement!

=-=-=-=-=

Adding on to my "PS" from my last post: My signature now includes the waiting list date I am currently building, so you can get a sense of where I am in the list. For people viewing this thread on your phone, you may need to turn your phone to landscape mode to see signature. :sherlock: :wave:
hi all, mr c said to check his signiture for update list. how would i do that? thanking you all in advance.

mero614,

Hippie

His signature is the purple and green bit at the bottom that says
"I'm currently building Flux Deluxes for people who got on the waiting list on or anytime before: January 5, 2019 . When this group is done, I'll reach out to another cohort and update this signature.
Thanks for your patience! :tup:"

Hippie,
Reactions: mero614

HersheyStainz

FD #35 reporting in from canada. I have recieved my FD in a natural unfinished case, 14mm coil, no top mount control on Feb.17.

Been using my FD close to a month daily with no problems. in the first week i set off the fuse occasionally due to the excitement of my first IH. But now i have been accustomed to how fast and effective the heating is on my SS tip (i prefer the SS tip oven my ti tip).

Also in the first 2 days i played with the temp control, had it all the way up and i combusted very quickly with the ti tip. Really got caught off guard Lol. You ti tip user be mindful because it heats fasssst. FD 14 mm does not play around. So on the third day i quickly reverted back to the middle/default heating setting and left it as is. The performance is very good. The first hit only has little to no vapour. The 2nd and 3rd hit replicates single flame heating close to the bottom of the cap but more consistently. (Maybe if i had a top mount control id change the temp more often?)

Usage after the 1st week: 4 caps Mon-thurs, 6 caps Fri,sat. Usually none on sundays.

Battery life: while using LG hg2 batteries starting at full charge on mondays with 4 caps a day it will last me till thursday. Using the battery indicator thursday night it would be down to 1 light. I charge the set of batteries in my xtar vc4 external charger overnight. So if your a really heavy user you should get 2 sets of batteries. But for me 1 set works.

Overall: Ive used my dynavap way more often then before because the addition of the FD. It is simple, fast, and effective. You can also feel the click in your hands as the dynavap seems to jump.

Side note: with the natural unfinished casing you can see scratches and the rawness of the case bodes well with the dynavap lineup. It just seems right to use the vapcap with the FD

Thanks mr.c for your efforts. I am enjoying the FD more and more.
Just a quick update on my FD # 35. Been using it daily for a solid 2 month now. I learned that this device is such a luxury to use. As I cannot go back to using a torch.

The reliability/quality of the FD i recieved has been super, no issues regarding heating failures or mosfet issues. Works like a charm even tho i dropped it once on the floor.

My previous post still holds true, but now it has become second nature to use the FD. Abv is consistant. Heating time is consistant.

So for all those ppl in the waiting list or holding your breath to recieve the FD it'll be worth it. But you will be spoiled by it for sure. :)

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just a quick update on my FD # 35. Been using it daily for a solid 2 month now. I learned that this device is such a luxury to use. As I cannot go back to using a torch.

The reliability/quality of the FD i recieved has been super, no issues regarding heating failures or mosfet issues. Works like a charm even tho i dropped it once on the floor.

My previous post still holds true, but now it has become second nature to use the FD. Abv is consistant. Heating time is consistant.

So for all those ppl in the waiting list or holding your breath to recieve the FD it'll be worth it. But you will be spoiled by it for sure. :)

Thank you so much for posting that, @HersheyStainz ! I really appreciate you taking the time to write that up, and I know the folks who are patiently waiting appreciate it as well! :clap:

Here's some closure/post-script to last weekend's Reflow Solder Oven project:

It ROCKS! :rockon:

IMG-7531-private.jpg

IMG-7533-private.jpg

Suitable for reflow soldering or making chocolate chip cookies, as the mood strikes! :ko:

Reflow soldering is kinda similar to any other baking project: to get expected results, you heat stuff at a given temp for a given length of time. In this case, though, the temp changes over a 6-8 minute bake and cooling cycle, leading to a peak temp event of 30 seconds or so, followed by a gradual cooling:

FKERN8YGU7F3EG5.LARGE.jpg

The controller* has an extremely useful Learning Mode and includes a few sample heating profiles, so I didn't have to start from scratch. I ran some samples though it and it seems to be working great, so I'm very eager for my next set of boards to get here. Those PCBs shipped today, so they should be here Wednesday or Thursday. I'll share some examples from the oven and info about the new PCBs when they get here. :brow:

In the mean time, I have plenty of the current PCBs and parts on hand, and expect to crank out some heaters this week. :rockon:

Lastly, I acknowledge that I am WAAAAAY behind on my correspondence! I will be chipping away at that backlog, too.

Cheers,

* @maxvapor710 : You likely know this, but Whizoo.com sells the Controleo 3 controllers separately for about $110/shipped: http://www.whizoo.com/buy

I am suuuuper happy with this thing, so thanks again for the suggestion! :tup:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Future upgrades: mini mic and speaker to amplify the click. Haven't used my vaps much outside near heavy traffic, missed the clicks and combusted hard. On the bright side, both vaps got cleaned just in time for my fluxer to arrive today!

The key is to master feeling the click with your fingers. Once you master that, you can be in the middle of a concert or whatever, and you’ll never miss the click again.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
After a 5 month wait, ,#0094 is heading my way. I got a blue 14mm loaded with all options. After using only a Grasshopper for almost five months, will this make me pull out the VapCap again?

Who has battery suggestions?

Congrats, you're going to love it!

Try searching this thread for some earlier suggestions. I'm using LG HG2's, no complaints. I bought 6 so I aways have a backup set charged and ready. Two of us go through a full charge in about a day or so.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Happy 4.20!

I have several Fluxer updates to share. :D

New batch: I started a new batch of heaters yesterday, and sent "please confirm your build options" emails to the first 25 names I know will be in this batch. Do not despair if you are close to my current cutoff date (added to waiting list January 13 or earlier) and I did not email you - I will be adding some more people to this batch in the next few days as I hear back from people, as not everyone who wanted a heater back in January still wants one, etc.

Current batch: I am still completing a couple of heaters from the current (now previous?) batch. Those will be finished tomorrow and will go out on Monday.

Correspondence: Oh boy, am I behind in replying to emails! I will try to plow through these tomorrow. Sorry!

Flux Deluxe: :brow:

As I alluded to last week, I have a revision to the FD circuit board in the works - it incorporates the MOSFET fix, and also includes at least one new mini-feature.

And maybe one not-so-mini-feature. :brow:

I'll have more info on this when the new PCBs get here next week. :tup:

Mother Fluxer: I am ending with this device for a change. I finally (!!!) have a working SMD version of the Mother Fluxer! I had a very sneaky issue that was keeping my circuit from working - a trace that looked like it connected two components but didn’t actually connect them - and I finally found it and corrected it! :D I have not built out a prototype w/a case yet, but I do have a functional MF PCB, which is more than I had two days ago. I am ready to revisit the design and, armed with what I now know about these heaters, spec out a new heater.

So this leads me to ask you all a question, especially those of you who have been waiting for the MF: What features would you like the Mother Fluxer to have? Same features as in the now months-old preview? Dual coils? PWM temp control?

I am NOT promising that every suggested will be adopted. This is a request for desired features, NOT a request for design help!!! Tell me the features you want, and I'll include them if I can.

I don't have a timeline in mind, but let's start talking about it and see what comes from the discussion.

Thanks!

Cheers, all!

Thanks for your support, and happy 4.20!

Last edited:

Chandler

I'd like to get some LG H2 3000 mAh batteries. They seem to be the popular tried and tested choice.
Can someone please recommend a trusted Canadian retailer for batteries... Otherwise I have to order from the US and the shipping alone is the price of 10 batteries

Considering ordering from IRM or Liion wholesale

Last edited:
Chandler,
Reactions: Dank_Star

LongDraw

Hey MrC., awesome to hear the mother fluxer is progressing.

Personally, not sure of what features to ask for outside of what you alread did for the fluxer, and then what you mentioned before for the optionally lights.

I think multi coil options would be really cool, if there is a way that isn't going to make it that more difficult for you to make/build. I think the only issue will be once you find what you like, using the other coils may not happen. So maybe, a 14 and 16 built in?

Otherwise, other features i would like: it can make me a snack when needed, tells me encouaging things, washes my clothes, haha j.k.

Thanks again Mr. C. awesome to see the progress and how well it your devices are doing/growing.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I'd like to get some LG H2 3000 mAh batteries. They seem to be the popular tried and tested choice.
Can someone please recommend a trusted Canadian retailer for batteries... Otherwise I have to order from the US and the shipping alone is the price of 10 batteries

Considering ordering from IRM or Liion wholesale
YMMV, of course, but I bought 3 of these LGs for my very permanently dead skeletor - and two of them failed after very little use...I actually blame the unit and not the batteries, but still...

Top Bottom