Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mario

Those heaters sitting in that box look so so good. Like I don't know if pictures are doing them justice, because if that is how good they look on camera, I can't wait to see it in hand.

Seeing the Gunmetal next to the other colors has also made my decisions so much better in my mind. Whenever I have choose options like that I second guess myself to death. But seeing the gunmetal has calmed that fear, just like the first reviews of the 14mm coil calmed my fears of coil choice.

So now I am just left with pure excitement and no reservations. What an awesome Sunday.

Slickwilly

10o4geq.jpg

Serial #2 reporting in @mr_cfromcali :tup:

All is well here with mine and great to see everyone else is enjoying their Fluxer. :rockon:

This whole experience for me has been the most uplifting. :smug:

As you can see with the time @mr_cfromcali has put into this project. His play by play updated posts and pictures are awesome. He always is looking to upgrade and give the customer choices. Sent out upgraded kits to existing Fluxer owners, how could anyone ask for more? :shrug:

He was open to any suggestion or comments once I received the unit and had a go with it. Very quick to respond to my messages and to work out some small bugs, which where killed and explained already.

I received my unit on black Friday, so over 2 months now. It has been used ever day since then with no problems to report. Usually anywhere from 10 to 12 caps a day, weekends 2x that :brow:

I'm using Sony vct6a batteries. They seem to be working pretty good, have to charge them ever 4 or 5 days with that use. I usually charge them around 3.5v, don't like to go below that to much. You can drain a cell pretty low with this device and still works great, just takes a little longer for the click.

The upgraded battery tester works good, usually 2 lights left is about 3.5v or so. I had to shave off some of the black plastic to get the tester to work. The hole for the plug is not quite centered to the plug, so it stops the tester from seating completely. Cutting off some allows the tester to seat further in plug. Picture might help some?
2ed5lhe.jpg

In the top picture I added some neoprene pad to stop the batteries from moving and hitting the lid, it was annoying me greatly. Now I can shake it with no noise at all. :nod:

Here is a pix of my switch with really no issue just some edges shined up from the cap.
nn6snq.jpg

Ever since I saw the melted switch I have been using a circle punched from high temperature food grade silicone. Something like this stuff
High Temperature Black Tear Resistant Silicone Rubber Sheet Gasket 0.024 by 12 b
$_1.JPG

• Excellent resistance to heat (dry air), at +260º C continuous and +260º C intermittent.Remains flexible at low temperatures of -40ºC
  • Resistant to ultra-violet light, ozone and weathering processing,pharma ceutical and cosmetic manufacturing area
  • Keep constant even at high temperatures, Good electrical insulation
  • Use the Rubber Sheet for projects like gasket creation, vibration reduction, water insulation, leveling objects, abrasion, floor cushioning, hammering protection, electric insulation, sound reduction.
  • This product is great for your home and workplace projects. Cut it easily with a knife or scissors

So I use a leather punch to make the circles, 5/16 and 3/8. I prefer the larger of the too. The back side of the silicon is smooth and sticks very well to any flat surface. Top side is textured. In top picture I stuck a few under the lid as backups incase I loose one. They stick fast to the switch too but not a good as a flat surface. I can turn the unit upside down and shack it and it stays in place. Here is one installed. Gonna send some silicone disks to you @mr_cfromcali to test out if you don't mind?
iygdvo.jpg

The glass disk that was sent in upgrade kit will work well but I don't want to raise up the cap anymore in the coil and the added glass disk is gonna help hold the heat in the coil too, which I don't wont. I see now there are 2 silicone washers below the coil to compensate the added glass disk on the switch, nice job :tup:

I have a 16mm coil in mine and very happy with its performance! When I first started to use my unit I was hitting the thermal fuse quit a bit. Made sense to me the glass was holding the heat so we tried larger holes and a shorter glass piece. Now it is few a far between I kick the fuse.

My unit doesn't have any adjustment to it either, like that is available now. It runs wide open all the time, the way I would keep it.

Ok question about coil diameter while Im here. Why is a smaller coil hotter? Is it because the coil is closer to the cap or more copper is used in the coil?

I have a original portside from @Pipes that I used heavily before I received my Fluxer. It is still working like a charm.:wave: It has a 14mm coil I believe?

With the same batteries in both units, same stem and herb, my Fluxer seems hotter. Now ever cap is also different in its own I have found from owner more than 2 caps :p But for me to get same results from a single click on the Fluxer I have to hold a count of 2 after the first click on the portside. That is both with a cold cap, now once its heated up after the first click its a 1 count on the portside. The portside does hold a longer battery charge. Either way I love them both! :clap:

Titanium tip heats faster than the steel but the steel holds the heat more. I prefer the titanium over the steel but not by much. When dynavap makes a steel tip with screen adjustment then I might change my tune. :2c:

Here is a pix for size comparison against a XL G2 Verawood stash made by @doug@futo with some @stardustsailor stunners!

11bj0co.jpg

I look forward to hearing from all the expecting Fluxer owners out there.

Hats off to you @mr_cfromcali for all your hard work, time and dedication towards this device! :cheers:

If I may speak for all when I say we all are very greatly appreciative!:bowdown:

Keep on Fluxing :peace:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Slickwilly Thanks for the great review! I haven’t had mine as long as you, but very happy as well.
I haven’t had an issue with my batteries rattling, but that is a nice hack to resolve.
I added small clear feet to bottom of my FD. I often use it on a glass table and felt it needed a little cushion.

Is there any chance you can show a pic of the PS next to the FD? Or anyone else who owns both?

mario

Same here, paid it before my feet hit the floor this morning at 530 am

I rolled over with my alarm this morning and went straight to my email. I was faceID-ing a payment through paypal before my wife even rolled over. She was like "what are you doing on your phone without your glasses on yet?"

Then I happily skipped away to start my day.

testymctest

Did anyone else order the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer ??? What is your take on this New Future???

I did but and was invoiced this AM as well, so will let you know. I just figured with 14mm may want to adj more often and seems like not having to remove batteries each time was the way to go.

Lol above posts also paid before getting out of bed .... Obsessed much. Mr C look what you have done to us!

Last edited:

odc57

I received my email but No invoice ... Hope to get it soon... I also went with the 14mm & Top Mounted temp control potentiometer. thinking Mr C would have not offered the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer if it didn't help. Thanks Mr C for your time

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I received my email but No invoice ... Hope to get it soon... I also went with the 14mm & Top Mounted temp control potentiometer. thinking Mr C would have not offered the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer if it didn't help. Thanks Mr C for your time

Hi @odc57 - The top mount temp control is just a feature - it brings convenience and immediacy to the temp control. It's intended to make it easy for you to use one power level for the first hit (maybe a quick full power cycle to get the piece warm), and a different power level for subsequent heating events (maybe hits #2 and #3 are low power cycle hits to get the most vapor), and then maybe a final full power hit to "bat cleanup" and scour the load for a bit more vapor. Or you might want to use lower power to give you a bit more control if you want to extend a heat cycle past the click. Being able to change it on the fly, without having to remove a battery, should be helpful. I guess we'll find out how helpful soon, as I am shipping the first of the top mount temp control units today.

This feature appeared to have more promise initially, but testing has revealed that I can't push this particular form of control as far as I thought I could, so the feature isn't the game changer I thought it would be. Coil size, on the other hand - now, that's something of a game changer. :)

Hope that helps?

WRT to invoices, emails, batch #2 progress, and the next two weeks:

I've sent out invoices for the ten heaters I completed over the weekend. Thank you!

I got quite a bit done in the shop over the weekend. In addition to the heaters I completed, I currently have another 20 circuit boards with SMD components soldered to them, waiting to be built out into heaters. l'll get more completed and shipped out during the week.

February 15 to February 22: We have some family visiting next week (well, beginning Feb. 15th and continuing into the end of the following week) and as a result I do not expect to get any project work done from about Feb. 15 to Feb. 22. I'll be able to answer email and will have some time for replying to the forum, but I won't be able to use the shop while our guests are visitiung. I'm going to make a push to get some Fluxer things done the next several nights, but I'm going to have to put the project aside for a full week or so and spend some time with my extended family. Thanks for understanding :wave::peace:

I have a lot of emails and such to catch up with, and will be working through those today.

Thanks again for your support, and patience!

Cheers,
:leaf:

odc57

Thanks for explaining the top mount temp control, sounds like a good feature to me. Enjoy your family time !!!:wave:

Oh lord. Tracking numbers. Now the worst phase of the wait begins. :bowdown::bowdown::drool:

Mario. Do you know what number you were on the list ??? Ty.
Same here, paid it before my feet hit the floor this morning at 530 am :zzz:

Last edited by a moderator:

mero614

the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer
Hi @odc57 - The top mount temp control is just a feature - it brings convenience and immediacy to the temp control. It's intended to make it easy for you to use one power level for the first hit (maybe a quick full power cycle to get the piece warm), and a different power level for subsequent heating events (maybe hits #2 and #3 are low power cycle hits to get the most vapor), and then maybe a final full power hit to "bat cleanup" and scour the load for a bit more vapor. Or you might want to use lower power to give you a bit more control if you want to extend a heat cycle past the click. Being able to change it on the fly, without having to remove a battery, should be helpful. I guess we'll find out how helpful soon, as I am shipping the first of the top mount temp control units today.

This feature appeared to have more promise initially, but testing has revealed that I can't push this particular form of control as far as I thought I could, so the feature isn't the game changer I thought it would be. Coil size, on the other hand - now, that's something of a game changer. :)

Hope that helps?

WRT to invoices, emails, batch #2 progress, and the next two weeks:

I've sent out invoices for the ten heaters I completed over the weekend. Thank you!

I got quite a bit done in the shop over the weekend. In addition to the heaters I completed, I currently have another 20 circuit boards with SMD components soldered to them, waiting to be built out into heaters. l'll get more completed and shipped out during the week.

February 15 to February 22: We have some family visiting next week (well, beginning Feb. 15th and continuing into the end of the following week) and as a result I do not expect to get any project work done from about Feb. 15 to Feb. 22. I'll be able to answer email and will have some time for replying to the forum, but I won't be able to use the shop while our guests are visitiung. I'm going to make a push to get some Fluxer things done the next several nights, but I'm going to have to put the project aside for a full week or so and spend some time with my extended family. Thanks for understanding :wave::peace:

I have a lot of emails and such to catch up with, and will be working through those today.

Thanks again for your support, and patience!

Cheers,
:leaf:
hi all,i wanted to know what are the other upgrades we can purchase on our fluxer. what does the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer look like, and what is the benifit. Also how much, to add. thank you again.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
hi all,i wanted to know what are the other upgrades we can purchase on our fluxer. what does the Top Mounted temp control potentiometer look like, and what is the benifit. Also how much, to add. thank you again.

Top Mount Temp Control feature introduction: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/f...eaters-for-dynavap.33573/page-21#post-1346444

Top Mount Temp Control update/add'l info: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/f...eaters-for-dynavap.33573/page-27#post-1349852

This is the only upgrade I'm offering at this time. (Coil size is a preference, like color.) I may have other upgrade options in the future if/when some small side projects bear fruit, but I haven't formally announced any other options yet.

Thanks.

testymctest

Thanks for explaining the top mount temp control, sounds like a good feature to me. Enjoy your family time !!!:wave:

Mario. Do you know what number you were on the list ??? Ty.

Well not exact but I believe I am between numbers 10 to 13 of 2nd batch

When put on list on 11/29 was ~40th, received email mail to confirm options on 12/29 , so attrition must have moved me up the line a bit.

Arrives in 2 days!
Hope that helps

mario

I like how this feels like an iPhone pre-order thread. Everyone trying to figure out order numbers and where they are in line based on what other people are posting. It's like hitting macrumors the day after a pre-order haha.

I know mine is on it's way, but I don't know what order # or serial # will be on the unit. Unless I missed a detail in one of the emails.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Demystifying the waiting list:

As of today (February 11) the Flux Deluxe waiting list is currently ~150 names, which is amazing to me! Thank you for your suport and belief in this project!

The earliest name on the current list was added November 1. Yes, there is still someone on the list from November 1! They delayed initially, then chose to wait for the top mount temp control to come out, but anyone feeling salty about waiting times should keep in mind that someone else has been waiting for theirs since the day after Halloween!

Currently, the first 38 names on the waiting list are people who were added before January 1. :o

How the list works:

What you saw when you joined:
You wrote to me and I added your name to the list, and noted that date. I also sent you a confirmation/reply asking for more info (color, coil size, etc.). The rest is a black box.

What happens behind the scenes:
As I build these heaters, I try to keep an active pool of around 25 orders that are info-complete and ready to be built. I pull from these as cases and other parts become ready to use.

An order is "active" once I send you a pre-build email, asking you to confirm your build options. BTW, if you have changed your mind and no longer want one, this is a good time to tell me that, as a confirmation here means I'm going to build you a heater!

As I receive replies (or not), active orders are then sorted by their ready-to-build status. I need to know your coil size, case color, and top mount temp control preference to build your heater. If I have sent you a pre-build email, I consider your order ready to be built once I know your choices. The orders that are ready to be built are then sorted by the date I added your name to the list. In this way I'm always trying to build the next order for which I have all of the necessary data.

When the active pool gets down to a handful, I send out a pre-build email to the next cohort of 20 or so, and ask people to confirm their colors, coil sizes, top mount temp control preference, etc.

I break these replies down into standard vs. top mount temp controls, then sort these groups by coil size.

I'll then look to my case selection and see what's ready to go, what needs to be glued up and/or drilled, etc.

I try to build in the order people were added to the list, but in actuality, once I've sent that pre-build email, I'll build your heater as soon as your info is complete. :tup:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

That's my process - opaque as hell, but hopefully that explanation helps. :nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom