Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Happy Sunday morning!

We're still loving our FD! No regrets on going with the 14 mm coil. No combusted bowls since my very first one (FEEL the click!) and my wife hasn't had any. We're using it a lot, too--I had to change the batteries yesterday.

I've never noticed the unit getting warm, even when both of us are using it. I thought we might have to leave the lid off sometimes but nope. The thermal protection has never had to kick in. Is this because of the smaller coil? Smaller diameter coil is closer in size to the smaller diameter of the cap? It fits the cap better so it's more efficient?

As I mentioned previously, we're relatively new to vaping and this is our first experience ever with an IH but I highly recommend the 14 mm coil if you're considering it. I generally power through my bowls. My wife tends to take a hit, set it down for a bit and come back later for another. Heat and hit continually and I get thick, hot, full vapor that toast my bowl in 4 hits. Slowing down, taking my time, more leisurely pace, letting the cap cool down fully between hits changes the experience as you'd expect. I get more hits, cooler hits but they're not quite as full and toasty. It'd be interesting to compare a 16 mm coil side by side because at this point I can't see how I'd prefer the larger size.

Pretty sure I've got the only 14 mm coil so far so I'm trying to give info as I think of it. Hope it helps. Thanks again, @mr_cfromcali for making such a great product!

mario

We're still loving our FD! No regrets on going with the 14 mm coil. No combusted bowls since my very first one (FEEL the click!) and my wife hasn't had any. We're using it a lot, too--I had to change the batteries yesterday.

Thanks for your review man! I have said again, I am so happy I went with the 14mm coil. I think it is going to fit the way I use my Dynavaps perfectly. Can't wait to get one in hand! Such a great product, in function and in form.

El_Funko

Real quick update:

Getting some stuff done this weekend.

Eighteen cases in progress in this pic - almost ready.

IMG-7205-private.jpg

One finished so far this weekend...:rolleyes::p

But I am in good spot for making more - most of the prep work is done. Just need to build 'em, lol.

More later,
:)
OOOH. Is that a gunmetal with 16mm coil? I'll keep refreshing my inbox!!!

Moses Baca

Monday morning, we've only had our FD a few days and we gave it a pretty good workout over the weekend. So far, I've been replacing the batteries daily. I was expecting longer life out of them based on previous reviews. It's not a problem, I've got two sets of batteries, but just something I've noticed at this point so thought I'd point it out.

Keep in mind, two of us using it pretty heavily over the weekend since we were both off work. Also, as I understand it, the 14 mm coil gets hotter faster so it uses more power than the 16 mm coil. I'm obviously not an expert in that area so feel free to correct me or expand my explanation if desired. We also leave it switched ON and ready to go when we're around and using it, sometimes for an hour or two. I asked mr_c about leaving it on for an extended amount of time and he assured me that it only uses a tiny amount of power for the LED and the battery management system.

Getting into the work week, I'm guessing we'll get more than a day between battery changes but wanted to mention it now.

I just realized I went the whole weekend without filling up a single butane lighter. :)

Moses Baca

I forgot to mention that I'm not sure what impact the trim pot has, if any, on the battery use? I had it set at 50% for the first couple days but turned it back up to full yesterday.

Oh man, I can't wait for my nightly purge/refill routine is done and gone for

Instead of purge and refill it's turned into making sure my batteries are charged. But I still keep my lighters full, too. Just in case.

Tupak420

@Moses Baca - thanks for the review and making my life harder. My email came a few days ago and decided on going with the 16mm. After experiencing the Portside Mini, I think my initial stance has changed on whether or not I like the faster heating or not.

Really looking forward to trying out the 16mm with the temp control on the exterior. Glad you are enjoying the IH life as I really don't miss refilling a butane torch. (This is also a million times safer as well. I used a large kitchen torch that I used to sear meat after sous vide)

Darr1

@Moses Baca - thanks for the review and making my life harder. My email came a few days ago and decided on going with the 16mm. After experiencing the Portside Mini, I think my initial stance has changed on whether or not I like the faster heating or not.

Really looking forward to trying out the 16mm with the temp control on the exterior. Glad you are enjoying the IH life as I really don't miss refilling a butane torch. (This is also a million times safer as well. I used a large kitchen torch that I used to sear meat after sous vide)
Hi @tupak will be great to get your opinion of the 16mm on here when you receive your unit , my name hasn't come up so still trying to decide what size to get

Moses Baca

Can you explain the part I bolded in your quote? The PSM is really fast and you want something slower? Thanks!

Moses Baca,

Tupak420

Can you explain the part I bolded in your quote? The PSM is really fast and you want something slower? Thanks!

No problem. With the PSM and a Ti Tip, it will heat up to the click within 5-7 seconds on the first heat. Then reduces by about 2 seconds or so. Also, a bowl is cleared within 3-4 cycles without getting too dark. (Depending on what you consider combustion, I find that I don't like taking it down too dark. I'm enjoying the flavor profile more than getting medicated as quick as possible.

What I'm hoping to gain from the 16mm FLUX is a slower bake or equivalent at this time. The wife and I have had a couple of times where we didn't notice the click or didn't remove fast enough on the PSM. (First click you can't hear and you just feel for like you described earlier.)

I think I'll eventually get the 14mm as well, but we'll see how the Mother Fluxer evolves when time comes.

Jethro

How do I know which batch I am in? I think it was the week before Christmas I put my name on the list, I haven't heard anything since the 1st response email. Just wondering where I may fall in line? I think it was 6 to 8 weeks expected?

Tupak420

How do I know which batch I am in? I think it was the week before Christmas I put my name on the list, I haven't heard anything since the 1st response email. Just wondering where I may fall in line? I think it was 6 to 8 weeks expected?

I would send Jeff an email if you want to know where you are on the waiting list. He's pretty responsive but keep in mind that he is laser focused on the development and production so at times there may be delays in his responses.

Tupak420,
Reactions: mero614

testymctest

well i got on list 11/29, at that time i was ~40th. i recieved email last week and am in this batch (14mm) waiting for topside potentiometer. hopefully this week :tup:, if that helps you at all.

and to MR C Thanks you for all your tremendous efforts and attention to detail, safety, and customer satisfaction!
Checking inbox way too often....

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Sorry for the extra delay recently with posts, progress, and getting batch #2 out the door. There's a lot to do, and only one of me, and sometimes the rest of my life loses patience with my induction heater obsession and insists I "do stuff," lol. I'm also fighting a minor cold at the moment, so I'm not pushing myself too hard. Anyway, thanks, as always, for your patience while I find time to work on our little project here.

My tally for the weekend was:
  • 50 backing plates,
  • ~20 cases drilled and cleaned (for a total of 26 ready to be used),
  • 3 completed Deluxes (I still need to invoice and ship these).
There was also some additional testing, as well as new discoveries in how things fail and how to revive them, lol. :science:

I am in a good spot for the next push, though, as I have a deep supply of cases and battery packs, and enough PCBs and components to build out 50+ PCBs. I also have confidence in the current methods.

I am still the bottleneck, however. Or conduit. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Finally, I began building out the first of the top mount temp controls this afternoon. They look good and they work. I'll post some pics later. :tup::rockon:

So, based on all of that...I expect to send another batch of pre-build confirmation emails soon. :brow::D

More later.

Cheers,
:leaf:

mero614

Hi all,

Sorry for the extra delay recently with posts, progress, and getting batch #2 out the door. There's a lot to do, and only one of me, and sometimes the rest of my life loses patience with my induction heater obsession and insists I "do stuff," lol. I'm also fighting a minor cold at the moment, so I'm not pushing myself too hard. Anyway, thanks, as always, for your patience while I find time to work on our little project here.

My tally for the weekend was:
  • 50 backing plates,
  • ~20 cases drilled and cleaned (for a total of 26 ready to be used),
  • 3 completed Deluxes (I still need to invoice and ship these).
There was also some additional testing, as well as new discoveries in how things fail and how to revive them, lol. :science:

I am in a good spot for the next push, though, as I have a deep supply of cases and battery packs, and enough PCBs and components to build out 50+ PCBs. I also have confidence in the current methods.

I am still the bottleneck, however. Or conduit. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Finally, I began building out the first of the top mount temp controls this afternoon. They look good and they work. I'll post some pics later. :tup::rockon:

So, based on all of that...I expect to send another batch of pre-build confirmation emails soon. :brow::D

More later.

Cheers,
:leaf:
great news jeff, cant wait and feel better.

caseball2051

Got my heater in. I chose to go with the 14mm coil. I've only ran three bowls through it but I can already tell that this is going to be a great addition to my vape arsenal.

First i love the size. The form factor is one of the reasons I went with this product over other available options. It has a nice weight to it.

Second the heat up time is fast as fuck. 3-4sec and it's ready to milk my glass. Seems to be very consistent across 3 bowls.

Off to test some more. If anyone has any questions please feel free to fire away

started@52

How does the 14mm compare to a Portside Mini, anyone? My pSM heats fast and hot. My two vC’s have a long delay between two clicks when using the PSM, i let it go two full clicks on the first and last heat cycle only, otherwise its boarderline combustion. I like it this way but don’t want anything hotter, equal or same would be great, don’t want anything hotter.

Vape 4 Life

Fun, Joy, Happiness & Progress. Cannabis.
What’s the dimensional comparison between PSmini & FD? I have a PS & PSmini. I’ve got an FD on my wishlist.

Vape 4 Life,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Tupak420

How does the 14mm compare to a Portside Mini, anyone? My pSM heats fast and hot. My two vC’s have a long delay between two clicks when using the PSM, i let it go two full clicks on the first and last heat cycle only, otherwise its boarderline combustion. I like it this way but don’t want anything hotter, equal or same would be great, don’t want anything hotter.

I too am interested in this as I also feel the same. Personally, I wouldn't want it any hotter although originally I thought I did. (After trying the PSM I decided to switch back to the 16mm)

From what I've been told is the that in regards to heat, the 2 16mm are comparable. The more I use the PSM towards the end of it's battery charge is really what I'm liking. (the PWM feature is what originally got me interested in this project.)

Although it's completely contrary to what I want above, I still feel undecided for some reason.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Amen to that...I can't stop refreshing this page to see if my inbox gets a little 1 on the side :D

OOOH. Is that a gunmetal with 16mm coil? I'll keep refreshing my inbox!!!
I think for fun I’m going to start private conversations with everyone who keeps refreshing their screens watching their inbox, so that their inbox has a “1”. It will surely bring joy to their lives. Probably.

hi is this smaller than portside mini ? thanks
Yes, it is smaller than a port side mini. In my mind significantly smaller.

Top Bottom