Flowerpot Vrod vs. the Herborizer?

Elusive01

can someone explain the differences between the flowerpot vrod and the herborizer? was in the market for a new hard-hitting vape. which hits harder? and most importantly is more efficient? also, is the vrod going to be replaced any time soon?

if it matters I have a herbalizer, vapexhale evo, enano, ghost mv1, and a puffco peak.

Last edited:

Vaporware

They’re very similar in a lot of ways, but I believe the Herborizer has to be set up in a different way to use concentrates, and I don’t think it’s as good on that front. I’ve seen one or two people say the flavor on the Herborizers was a little better, but it can be great with the VRod too.

Of the two I’ve only used the VRod, but if you’re not specifically wanting to dab and use flower at the same time (one of the VRod’s strengths), you might decide based on price. The Herborizer is generally cheaper to buy than the FP in Europe since the Herborizer is made in France.

Also, while I think both systems are reasonably tough, the FlowerPots are just a chunk of Titanium on a simple PID controller. They’re not likely to break, but if anything happens to the controller or coil you can easily get a new part and swap it out yourself. I think the Herborizer would have to be sent back to France for most repairs.

They’re both among the best desktops out there though, so whatever you choose you really can’t go wrong!

A couple of quick things about concentrates though:

If you’re not interested in using them you can save a little by getting a different FlowerPot version like the WeedEater or the ShowerHead.

If you’re heavily into concentrates and you want to use them separately from flower, you can still get the VRod for flower and “double deckers”, but for the straight concentrate side you may like something like the T-Bucket which NewVape also makes.

If you’re an occasional concentrate user who’s mostly into flower, I’m not sure anything beats the VRod. :)

Elusive01

They’re very similar in a lot of ways, but I believe the Herborizer has to be set up in a different way to use concentrates, and I don’t think it’s as good on that front. I’ve seen one or two people say the flavor on the Herborizers was a little better, but it can be great with the VRod too.

Of the two I’ve only used the VRod, but if you’re not specifically wanting to dab and use flower at the same time (one of the VRod’s strengths), you might decide based on price. The Herborizer is generally cheaper to buy than the FP in Europe since the Herborizer is made in France.

Also, while I think both systems are reasonably tough, the FlowerPots are just a chunk of Titanium on a simple PID controller. They’re not likely to break, but if anything happens to the controller or coil you can easily get a new part and swap it out yourself. I think the Herborizer would have to be sent back to France for most repairs.

They’re both among the best desktops out there though, so whatever you choose you really can’t go wrong!

A couple of quick things about concentrates though:

If you’re not interested in using them you can save a little by getting a different FlowerPot version like the WeedEater or the ShowerHead.

If you’re heavily into concentrates and you want to use them separately from flower, you can still get the VRod for flower and “double deckers”, but for the straight concentrate side you may like something like the T-Bucket which NewVape also makes.

If you’re an occasional concentrate user who’s mostly into flower, I’m not sure anything beats the VRod. :)

I appreciate the detailed response. I don't use concentrates a lot but definitely love to indulge when I get the chance. I think you're right about the herborizer. It seems fragile with all the glass. I actually use my enano more than my vapexhale because im scared of breaking it lol. It looks like I wont have to worry about that with the flowerpot.

can you provide some more input in the flowerpots efficiency? im a microdoser and was wondering if a .1 would be enough to really milk the flowerpot? Im sure the more you put in the bowl the more tokes but most vapes have a sweet spot. for example, my enano needs like a .05, while my vapexhale needs more like a .10-.15 to really get good vapor. wondering how much more or less the flowerpot needs. the bowl seems kinda big? not sure but ive heard great things about the FP efficiency

Vaporware

I appreciate the detailed response. I don't use concentrates a lot but definitely love to indulge when I get the chance. I think you're right about the herborizer. It seems fragile with all the glass. I actually use my enano more than my vapexhale because im scared of breaking it lol. It looks like I wont have to worry about that with the flowerpot.

can you provide some more input in the flowerpots efficiency? im a microdoser and was wondering if a .1 would be enough to really milk the flowerpot? Im sure the more you put in the bowl the more tokes but most vapes have a sweet spot. for example, my enano needs like a .05, while my vapexhale needs more like a .10-.15 to really get good vapor. wondering how much more or less the flowerpot needs. the bowl seems kinda big? not sure but ive heard great things about the FP efficiency

People don’t worry about breaking the FlowerPot, they worry about the FlowerPot breaking them! ;)

Seriously though, a major thing that keeps some people away from the FP is fear of the bare heater. I worried about it before I got one, but it’s never been a problem for me. As for breaking the FP, you’d have to get some tools out and put in some real effort to break the Titanium parts! The controller and coil could be broken but rarely are. They’re simple, common and reliable parts.

You can put 0.3g or more into the bowl, but it also works great with crumbs. If the screen gets clogged and I hit it at a high temp after emptying everything I can out of it, I still get a lot of vapor out of just what’s left in the screen.

Whether or not you can milk your glass with a micro dose depends at least on your glass, your draw and the temp you set the FP at. If you just barely cover the screen and set it to 550 you’ll get vapor but not what you’re looking for. If you increase the temp to 777 you can draw pretty fast and still milk at least my glass. If you do that you’ll extract most of it in just a couple of hits.

Alternatively you can load a larger amount, set the temp somewhere in the 600s and just draw for less time to get a smaller dose.

I change up the way I use it a lot and I’m pretty happy with almost everything I try so I’m not sure I see a sweet spot, but I think what it does with a high temp and a small load is impressive and I don’t have anything else that duplicates that experience.

The screens are 0.75” by the way. I’m not sure quite how much flower it takes to just cover one and can’t check right now, but if you have a screen or you want to draw a circle that size you can compare it to what you’re using pretty easily. :)

Oh, and the glass bowls are smaller. NewVape.com probably lists the size somewhere if you need to know.

I hope I covered everything!

justcametomind

I have both Herborizer digiti and Flowerpot (showerhead). They are pretty similar but imho they are not suited for microdosing. And if you already have a Vapexhale you may save money using just that. Herborizer has a microdosing bowl and may be better than FP but Herbo and FP are not two vaporizers where you can be sure of the dose you inhaled. I should test Herbo and FP abv on my Volcano or Plenty to see how much thc I leave behind but I’m pretty sure Volcano is more efficient, fool proof and better if you want a replicable experience, you don’t rely on Abv color as on Herbo or FP. There’s a risk of scorching weed and at my expense I learned they work better with larger amounts. Herborizer digiti takes just 2 minutes to reach the temperature and be ready but it costs a lot. The non digital Herborizer is a little bit cheaper but I don’t remember if it needs to “heatsoak” 10 minutes like an Evo or how much it takes to reach vaping temperature. Iirc it takes a little more than the digital, and an heatsoak time is beneficial to it. Imho H and FP are wasted potential and money if you will micro dose and are aimed at recreational use, group use or heavy medical users. Especially if you already have an Evo they do not have much more to offer imho.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I actually think the flowerpot could work well for micro dosing as long as you're strict about the way you use it. I was thinking of starting a thread about this to get more input because it seems like for most people the real key to micro dosing is that their vape have a small bowl; like the Vapcap, or a log vape. The FP can vape crumbs, but it's got a nice sized bowl so it's sure tempting to add more! I think @lazylathe uses a basket screen in his to reduce the effective bowl size.

What don't you like about your E-nano?

Elusive01

TBH, the enano was my last vape purchase and I love it. It definitely has its place in my rotation, the efficiency is ridiculous. However, I often have to pack more bowls than one. Its great for getting work done, so it stays on my desk. I love my evo and it definitely gives more effect than my enano, even when using the same amount. But Im constantly worrying about breaking my evo so my enano has been getting the most use lately. Also, from what ive read, the Flower pot seems to produce stronger vapor.

Worth mentioning i got my evo on sale but I think the bamboo could be cracked. Not 100 % positive on that but ive taken pics of it inside and it seems to have circle rings around the bamboo. Its weird, if I close one end (with my finger) of the evos bamboo and blow thru it, theres air tight pressure so it cant be cracked but it just looks so wierd when i look down thru it no matter how much I clean it. I also didnt drop it and remember thinking about sending it back the week I got it. I decided to keep it cause it doesnt seem to effect performance. However, looking back I wouldve.

Also i know the herborizer is all glass but atleast you can see the glass, which as wierd as it sounds makes me more comfortable about it lol

Elusive01

I actually think the flowerpot could work well for micro dosing as long as you're strict about the way you use it. I was thinking of starting a thread about this to get more input because it seems like for most people the real key to micro dosing is that their vape have a small bowl; like the Vapcap, or a log vape. The FP can vape crumbs, but it's got a nice sized bowl so it's sure tempting to add more! I think @lazylathe uses a basket screen in his to reduce the effective bowl size.

What don't you like about your E-nano?

im even more curious about the glass bowl now. FP original bowl defiantly looks big but not huge. Id be happy if i can get good hits off the same amount as a vapexhale or even a little more?

Elusive01,

justcametomind

Imho if you want to get a vape that hits harder than an Evo, that fully extracts even small bowls you should look for a Sublimator or a Supreme. I was in the same boat when after getting the Supreme v3 I got both Herborizer and FP. I was looking for a one hitter, that would obliterate small amounts easier and possibly faster than my Supreme 3 (flame powered). I think Herbo and FP are great vapes but the performance of both doesn’t justify the cost if you already have a first class desktop as Vapexhale Evo. Not as “game changing” as I’d have thought. But that’s just me.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Get a little bong for your E-nano and up those temps until you get milky one-hit extractions, start inhaling slow.

Do the same with your Evo, I have a Flowerpot and a Woodscents and have tried Enano and Evo: They are very similar pairs once you get the hang of it. With a little inhaling technique you can obliterate that weed with the Evo and get stupid high.

I don´t like adding water to the hydratube, try it dry! And make sure the screens are clean and in good condition so all the hot air passes through your weed.

Also invest in good quality herbs and be generous with quantity, the more you concentrate the vapor the higher you get.

High temps, good herbs, heat soak, glass cooling and lots of fun!!

Tommy10

Put a basket screen internally in the TONG not the large screen that is full with above it, makes the FP a great micro doser

snamuh

ghost
I have an enano that doesn't get used much. I got it for microdosing. But honestly it doesn't suit me the best anymore. Idk...

I have flowerpot showerhead ... I don't know how it compares to the v rod.

With the fp fou dont want to pack the bowl to the top because you will probably want 1 stir at least for finishing the bowl off. That being said.... You will definitely get larger loads than a basket screen. Herb from the large evo baskets could probably fit in the fp bowl.

Microdosing. You can do a small layer to cover the screen completely and tamping down helps. You can do amounts that don't cover screen completely if you are willing to up the heat. Depending on what you consider a microdose the fp might be overkill.

The flowerpot glass bowls are nice but get the glass bowl screens if you don't want herb to get through the glass screen.

I've tried different bowl reduction methods.... I out a basket screen in the stem at the bottom of the bowl. It works but its weird having the bowl deeper than the regular fp bowl and its weird loading herb.... I have out the valcono/mighty capsules in the glass bowl and hit it @ 750 and that worked good aside from the mighty capsule tasting like aluminium.

These work arounds aren't really necessary tbh.

You can do a lot with this vapes variable temp and different draw techniques.

I would look into how the vrod performs compared to the weed eater. I have bangers now so i dont really use my showerpot for concentrates. It can be handy but if you are mainly using the device for flower i would get the one that performs best with flower unless the difference is minescule. (I cant compare since i have the old fo models. I believe the vrod was created to match the showerheads performance though?)

Also newvape is a cool company with proper innovation.

Last edited:

Elusive01

Thanks for all the replies yall! Ima keep researching and be on the lookout for deals. If i see a good enough deal in the next couple months I might pick one up lol. Ive never had an enail type rig so its something new and different from my lineup. Seems to have many ways of using it too which is always a plus

I keep seeing the flowerpot being mentioned as one of the top tier vapes so I doubt il regret the purchase lol

Elusive01,

Elusive01

so whats the deal with the auber rda300a controller? is it worth the $45 price difference from the normal PID essentials kit? ive never had one of these so im not sure what the differnce is besides one having a knob turn dial instead of button.

Elusive01,

justcametomind

It’s worth it if you prefer the analog knob instead of up and down buttons to regulate the temperature.
I have that on my FP setup and I prefer that to the small buttons on Herbo DigiTi’s Pid.
But you should be fine with your Evo’s knob and almost same performance as Flowerpot. ;)
Herbo and FP are not meant for microdosing imho. As other posters mentioned you need to stir and with a thin layer of weed the burnt flavor is around the corner. Other than that, as you maybe experienced with your Evo, they tend to be “moreish” devices, and working so well with large doses the user tends to have bigger doses and more frequently. That’s what happens to me.
You can regulate your temperature, weigh your microdose but then you are left with eyeballing Abv color (and semi combustion flavor) as your only parameters in case of failure. I much prefer a Volcano loaded with a pinch or any on demand portable capable of giving a couple of easy puffs with a pinch of weed, and without the capability of scorching my micro load.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It’s worth it if you prefer the analog knob instead of up and down buttons to regulate the temperature.
I have that on my FP setup and I prefer that to the small buttons on Herbo DigiTi’s Pid.
But you should be fine with your Evo’s knob and almost same performance as Flowerpot. ;)
Herbo and FP are not meant for microdosing imho. As other posters mentioned you need to stir and with a thin layer of weed the burnt flavor is around the corner. Other than that, as you maybe experienced with your Evo, they tend to be “moreish” devices, and working so well with large doses the user tends to have bigger doses and more frequently. That’s what happens to me.
You can regulate your temperature, weigh your microdose but then you are left with eyeballing Abv color (and semi combustion flavor) as your only parameters in case of failure. I much prefer a Volcano loaded with a pinch or any on demand portable capable of giving a couple of easy puffs with a pinch of weed, and without the capability of scorching my micro load.

You use less herb in a Volcano than the FP? I always found the Volcano to be another one that responds well to bigger amounts, especially since it's a session vape.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
You use less herb in a Volcano than the FP? I always found the Volcano to be another one that responds well to bigger amounts, especially since it's a session vape.

I came to say that xD

@justcametomind your problems might be inhaling too fast with the flowerpot. With micro loads breathe control is needed but if you do it right you will get much better results than using the Volcano, and using lower temps so no scorching flavour!

justcametomind

Yes I use less. Finishing a bag takes time and I shut off the Volcano after filling one, while having a couple hits on FP/Herbo/Evo takes just a few seconds.
By the time I empty the bowl I usually load another one and end up having larger and larger bowls in just a few days of rotation.
Thanks @jardri I will try.

Top Bottom