Multi-brand Flowermate CAP

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I still smelled the silicon after a few burn offs and cleaning the silicon piece in soapy water. The oven itself smelled (almost?) neutral to me. After a bowl the silicon smell went away and got replaced by the smell of herb.

Enjoy Amsterdam btw!
HOLLAND coffee shop’s in 91 had the best CANNABIS compared to the rest of EUROPE!
HAWAII bring’s back memories of the 70’s!

CAP is my on the go VAP! (Get’r done) as said in the SOUTHERN half of the USA !

@ginolicious care!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
You know, I really am rather fond of the form of the Cap . . . . and heating up to maximum temp in less than 15 seconds is superb . . . . however, I am still completely unimpressed with the odor coming from my device when powered on & I am therefore sadly still yet to load it with material and test it's true function.

I have now drained the battery 6× on max temp (the last 5 have been without any of the mouthpiece components attached at all) and I can still definitely detect some sort of electrical? / plastic? / silicon? type odor coming from the chamber/oven (which has been iso swabbed numerous times) when it is switched on. And the same goes for family & friends when I unexpectedly shove it near their nose.

I understand that people's experiences are all pretty subjective, and maybe my Cap is faulty or worse smelling than others, but the fact that several members here have mentioned there has been a smell & taste to this vaporizer that has gone away or faded after putting several loads of material through it does not give me a great deal of confidence.

Personally, I am determined to make sure I am not masking over anything - so I'll stick to empty burn-offs for now.

Has anyone else waited until the smell/taste has completely dissipated before running material through the Cap? It seems many have vaped-on through it based on the previous posts in this thread (which I find quite surprising), but if you waited, how long did it take to be completely neutral in both taste & smell?

I was hoping to take this nifty looking little vape to Amsterdam next month but I'm currently not so sure I will.

Certainly hoping our Flowermate friends, and everyone in China is keeping safe :)

:peace:

My experience is similar to yours, I can detect two different smells that come from my unit.
The silicone gasket smell which has faded with each heatup/burn offs. Then another different smell from the oven its self which has not really lessened very much.

After doing multiple empty burnoffs, I have vaped two sessions with herb in the chamber.
I could definitely taste the oven and I also get what I describe as a tingling sensation in my mouth and throat, which has tainted the experience for me, although my friends I was seshing with had no issues with the flavor.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a well built little vape with a lot of things going for it, especially at this price point.

I also am rather sensitive to smells and tastes( I'm not able to use many common household cleaning products or deodorants and I avoid the clothespowder isle in the supermarket)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Do you get any smell with out themoutpiece ??(just from the chamber)
If you can identify it as the source of smell is the silicon seal checkout my hack a few pages back

I have now drained the battery 6× on max temp (the last 5 have been without any of the mouthpiece components attached at all) and I can still definitely detect some sort of electrical? / plastic? / silicon? type odor coming from the chamber/oven
So yep, as I originally said, I have been doing the burn-offs without the mouthpiece attached for the last 5 charge cycles and the chamber/oven still smells unsavory.
The CAP fine for it’s use for me? (U get what you pay 4)
Ah but we did not pay! ;) And I would at least like to get high even if my expectations shouldn't be :spliff:

I do totally hear what you are saying but there is a line I would prefer not to cross, no matter how little something costs from a monetary point of view :tinfoil:

Some things are far more valuable than money to me.

But perhaps my device is giving off a worse smell than some others, or maybe it's faulty?

@TheThriftDrifter it is very interesting to hear of your experience. The tingling sensation sounds pretty odd (not something I look for in a vape sesh!) & as both yourself & Dutch-Mic have felt it I now don't think my Cap vaporizer is ever going to see any real use.

I'm not usually particularly sensitive to smells and tastes - at least no more than anybody else - but I am so not down with inhaling particulate from whatever it is that is producing this smell.
Enjoy Amsterdam btw!
Thanks dude! :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So yep, as I originally said, I have been doing the burn-offs without the mouthpiece attached for the last 5 charge cycles and the chamber/oven still smells unsavory.

Ah but we did not pay! ;) And I would at least like to get high even if my expectations shouldn't be :spliff:

I do totally hear what you are saying but there is a line I would prefer not to cross, no matter how little something costs from a monetary point of view :tinfoil:

Some things are far more valuable than money to me.

But perhaps my device is giving off a worse smell than some others, or maybe it's faulty?

@TheThriftDrifter it is very interesting to hear of your experience. The tingling sensation sounds pretty odd (not something I look for in a vape sesh!) & as both yourself & Dutch-Mic have felt it I now don't think my Cap vaporizer is ever going to see any real use.

I'm not usually particularly sensitive to smells and tastes - at least no more than anybody else - but I am so not down with inhaling particulate from whatever it is that is producing this smell.

Thanks dude! :tup:

Whoever has the gold makes the rule’s!
VAPCAP VCAP is perfect for on the run!
Depends what I need to medicate with at the moment?
Medical opinion’s are not relevant if $ is your motivation!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I realize I am the only one with inside details so I will post them as issues are explored.

I am intrigued by @TheThriftDrifter 's sensitivity to a secondary bio-effect. I went back to my pile'o parts and put this together for your perusal:

49506629586_326a2201f0_b.jpg

I had to break these apart to get the wiring out but what you are looking at is a rubber/silicone seal with a plastic 'seat' for the enameled chamber.
The Silicone seems to be the same as the mouthpiece material. I suspect it is a hybrid material but that we will never know for sure. However, as many have said the black mouthpiece seal can be 'tamed' by boiling or out-gassing at elevated temperatures, this piece you cannot get too. And furthermore, it is also very near elevated temperatures.

What I am somewhat interested in is how the plastic piece in direct contact with the chamber is rated for the chamber temps. I know they make some plastics that can withstand insane amounts of heat. This is not peek (peek is pink) so it has to be one of the exotics that they've settled on.

49506121263_f6fa373735_b.jpg

Normally plastics require a material designation stamp to know if it is recyclable. These plastics don't have this marking. These markings are often useful to know what the constituent material really is.

In conclusion to those who 'taste' a secondary signal that is not herb, 'm going to suggest it is the plastic. Everything else is silicone, enamel, or Teflon tubing. I should add the stainless sleeve in the tear-down post.
hope this helps.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@all

I think you guys known that China is facing Corona-Virus right now. Whole country citizens are all stay home till 10th Feb. Actually everything under control and getting better, please trust Chinese government and people. by the way the 1000pcs sleeping bed hospital was built already only in 10days, Thousand of military medical team went to Wuhan to help patients,

Regarding our production facility, all Flowermate products are producing in complete dust-free workshop. And we clear each spot of production line with medicinal alcohol everyday, plus temperature detection for each operator, so the Virus won't infect anyone by products.

Br,

Phoebe

Thanks for the heads up, Phoebe!

As a late comer, I don’t suppose I can be a tester with any consequence.
I am in, in case you need new testers.

Otherwise, can I purchase one? Like the compact size.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well here comes the first "dead" CAP ,lol..The button is no longer making the clickin sound and also not functioning,the mechanizm might have gone faulty. I did got total of 4-5 uses along with 10 burn off cycles before it failed... I had it sitting for some time in a drawer because i got a sour throat for a while and didnt feel like vaping dry. The button lasted for a couple of clicks and then became a little bit stiff and stopped working,no lights,no heating.
In conclussion of my overall experience for the unit i'd say that i liked it for its small size,decent battery life ,stealth factor ,also i did noted that smell on mine unit was pretty neutral.
What i didnt like about it is that there is too much plastic in the build. The silicone also was smelly and was making contact with the chamber,also there is some thin oring between the plastic funnel and chamber top,just like in the Avant,just less smelly. Now this last photo shows that the unit actually has its chamber sitting on plastic which is also a no go. Mouthpiece needs redesign ,cause it feels too hot with the stock assembly and with the mod was more forgiving but there was contact with vapor and plastic in the cup. I get that there are safe and unsafe plastics,but i just dont like the overall feeling of it,one of the reason i stay away even from higher end products that incorporate it in the design.
It was a fun experience while it lasted :). My recommendation is to review user experiences and do even better next time. IMO Ceramic moutpiece or glass would be better.Also for the chamber housing better use glass ,ceramic or metal around the chamber instead of plastic,that way you wont have people complaing about smells. Take a look at the Divine Tribe V2 herb atomizer ,it is mostly ceramic with the plastic parts position as further as possible from the heatsource.
Anyway i wanna thank Flowemate/Smiss for this opportunity, i dont regret taking part of it ,sorry it had to end prematurely but it is what is. Good luck with your product and the next one,too :) !

FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL

Company Rep
Company Rep
You bet! Thanks for response!

Thanks for the heads up, Phoebe!

As a late comer, I don’t suppose I can be a tester with any consequence.
I am in, in case you need new testers.

Otherwise, can I purchase one? Like the compact size.

Hey, updated news we will back to work 17th Feb. Keep in touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, I've had my Flowermate CAP for a couple of weeks now. So, it's time for a review!

This vape is one of the easiest electronic vaporizers to use on the market right now. 5-clicks on, 5-clicks off.
The only other two controls you need to know is while on, 3-clicks to change the heat setting (low/blue, medium/green, high/red). And finally, hold the power button down for two seconds to put it to sleep and enter standby mode, and hold the button down for two seconds to wake it up out of standby mode. This turns the heater back on after it shut off due to the session timer running out as well, which a lot of reviewers didn't seem to realize.

I have nothing but good things to say about the above simple operation of this vape. It's super simple for first-time vapor users, which will make it the #1 vape that I will recommend to my friends that ere new to dry-herb vaping in the future.

I've been using this vape to get medicated almost exclusively for the last couple of weeks, both at home and on the go. I really wanted to put it through it's motions and use it in almost every situation that every-day use could call for.

I should add that I live in an unfriendly state in the USA, so discreteness is very important for away from home use, otherwise I could completely lose my freedom. For out and about use in recent times, I've been using a Fury 2 for some time now. This vape is so much smaller and easier to conceal than a Fury 2, and it heats up faster. That means a shorter time for me to heat up, take a quick hit or two, or three...and then put it away.

The CAP has a decently wide-open airflow for it's size as well. Though, you still need to control your breathing during a hit, as pulling too fast can lead to less vapor production. But that's perfectly fine with me, as I much prefer a wider open air pathway where I control the airflow speed, rather than a restricted airflow path that restricts the airflow for me. This is especially pertinent when I am not sessioning, but rather taking a couple quick hits on the go and then wanting to cool it down so as to not waste vapor. I can basically heat it up, take the first hit of whispy vapor as the herb in the chamber is heating up to temp. Then the next hit is good, thick vapor. Then I 5-click the button to turn it off, take a third hit that is still good vapor, then take one or two long fast pulls to cool the chamber down before I pocket the vape again.n This method can turn any conduction vaporizer into an on-the-go vape that more resembles a convection vape in that you can take a couple quick hits and put the rest away for later.

One thing I would like to see for this vaporizer is dosing pods, like the ones for the One vaporizer which I use in my Fury 2. Pods like that just make swapping out a fresh bowl on the go so much easier, and they tend to keep the vape's bowl and screens cleaner for longer. I don't care about pods for at home use, but any vape that's focussed on discreetness and on the go use like this one is, should have pods to make on the go use easier.

Battery life is also always another important aspect in these smaller vapes. As there is not much room for much of a battery. Of course, the ideal best is always a user removable battery, so one can keep as many charged batteries on hand as they like, and just instantly swap out a dead battery for a fully charged one and keep on vaping. But I also recognize the difficulty in designing that into such a small vape. That being said, I get a good three bowls out of a charge in this vape, which gives me enough time to charge my vape in my bag in between highs. So, the battery life hasn't really been an issue.

So, we've talked about ease of use/control and battery life. The next thing to mention is vapor quality. And I think that this vape has very good vapor production and taste for an electronic vape of this size...hell, anywhere near this size. It's not as good at preserving flavor as a pure convection vape (pure convection may not even be possible in something this small), but it's quite good for anything in this size and price range. I get some really good taste for the first few hits. I think that this may be due to the short chamber length, and the zirconia air pathway, with the spiral cooling chamber, that does a surprisingly good job of cooling the vapor in such a short air-pathway as this vape has (about 7/16 of an inch). Of course, the flavor quality goes down on the final few pulls to finish off the bowl, but no more than normal with any conduction vape.

It's bowl size appears only slightly larger than a Dynavap tip's bowl. About the same width, but a tiny bit longer. I've found that I can loosely dump in herb and still get decent vapor, but it performs best with a full bowl that tamped down just a bit. The little stirrer/tamper that comes with the vape does this job very well. When I'm out and about, I tend to cary my pre-ground herb in a Jyarz Classic, and I just drop that little scraper/tamper down in the Jyarz on top of the herb. I use it every time I empty the bowl, and every time I lightly tamp down a new bowl.

Finally, this vape is now my preferred on-the-go vape. It's palm-able, pocketable, and easy to empty/refill on the go with it's lovely magnetic removable cap/mouthpiece. It's simple/quick easy on, easy off, with a nice 15-20 seconds heat-up time that really is as fast (if not faster) than the manufacturer claims. It's button-controls are so easy that someone who's never used a vaporizer could easily use this vape on the first try and beyond.

Now, after all that I like about this vape (and there is plenty to like about it), it's time for any criticisms, recommendations for improvement, etc. that I may have after using this device for a couple of weeks:

First, I wish there were pods, for easy and fast swapping of loads on the go.
Second, I wish the mouthpiece had some extra layer built in for keeping the outer plastic cooler to the touch. I've found that I only get satisfying vapor when I use this vape on max temp (red), and the plastic mouthpiece can get quite hot to the touch near the end of the first bowl.
Third, I wish the battery charged a bit faster, as I only use it on the max-temp (red). I've found that I don't get satisfying vapor on either of the two lower temps for my taste, so it would be nice to get back up to a full charge a bit faster in-between.

Those improvements aside, this is a fantastic little vape for the niche it seems intended to fill. Possibly the best for that niche (discrete, fast, and easy to use for on the go). I am very appreciative that @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL allowed me to try this little vape, and I look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

That brings me to another plus for this vape, in that Flowermate is a well established company that has been around for a while, making products that many love. This means that they will probably be around for some time, and will be there with their reputable customer service in the future if you do have any issues with your vape.

One last thing that I forgot to mention is price. This vape appears to be geared to sell for half the price of what I would consider it's closest competitor (the Fury 2), and at that price-range, it makes it to be a vape that I recommend for both new users and old users alike. I think that most vaporizer users would benefit from having one of these in their collection.

Happy vaping everyone :tup:

**edit**
One final complaint that I somehow forgot to mention is that this vape can get quite smelly when not in use. I like that my Fury 2 has a silicone cover that cuts down on that (though it does not eliminate it). Though, a silicone cover that fits tight enough on this vape may pull the magnetic mouthpiece off when you remove the cover. So, I think it would be a good idea to have an airtight case for this, either case that opens like a book (similar to one of the tiny Pelican-style cases), or a sleeve with a press-0n lid that seals with o-rings. Either would eliminate the smell when not in use and in my pocket or bag.
That is all.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
While charging with a power bank, will the CAP work; is it possible that it is pass through
capable?

How long does it take to fully charge?

Damn, wish I’d paid more attention to new product releases in a New Year.
You snooze:zzz:G.bnbb”bbb, you loose.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I should say that I just tried this vape with a few burnoffs on an empty bowl, and aside from a bit of vapor produced from the first burnoff (likely from cannabis residue from previous bowls), I saw no off-gassing vapor, and no unusual smell/taste. I don't know where others are smelling this, but nothing here smells abnormal.

Have fun and don't worry about the haters. They will always exist. They don't deserve to be paid any mind. Fuck em, and enjoy my friends! :razz:

Last edited:
Top Bottom