Multi-brand Flowermate CAP

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well my CAP arrived today. So ill offer up my initial review. :)

sketch-1580113481405.jpg

It came well packed, the retail box is quality and easy to open. The CAP unit itself is quality too, its small, fits nice in the hand and the mouthpiece is easy to use.

sketch-1580113494015.jpg

I cleaned the removable parts in hot water and some detergent, then rinsed well in more hot water before being set out to dry.
I also gave the oven a wipe out with iso.
Reassembled everything and put it on to charge.

sketch-1580113488630.jpg

Once it was fully charged, I fired it up on the highest setting and gave it a dry run/burnoff. Robot fart smell, another burn off, same deal, rinse and repeat till charge depleted.
Charged the CAP for a second time, another burnoff, still smelly but less, so just kept on with the burnoffs till battery was flat again. Charged for a third time, same deal but less smell. I reckon it's the gasket, not sure what it's made of exactly.

I am particularly sensitive to smells/taste though. Once I'm satisfied with the smell level I'll give it a proper run.

It heats up real quick, and the mouthpiece gets pretty dang hot, but that's not surprising considering how compact the CAP is.

Big thanks to Phoebe @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL
I will load up some LEMON HAZE @5:20 not 420?

MY CAP is calling!
Da GALAXY is really huge?
Fuck da PLANET is tiny!

ginolicious

I’m really fond of starting on blue. Doing a full bowl on that. When it auto shuts off I then finish the bowl off on green. Rarely get to red temps unless I’m out and partying haha. But I do notice that this thing really drys me out when I vape. I need water for every hit. Not many vapes do that to me. But this one totally does.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
What's the ABV looking like peeps? :brow:
Very evenly roasted. High heat setting will take it to dark tobacco but I don't think you'd be able to get it coffee coloured, rather it would take more effort than it would be worth to extract it that far.
No hot spots or anything but it is a small oven and you'd expect a conduction vape to perform well with regard to abv consistency.

ginolicious

What's the ABV looking like peeps? :brow:

ABV is nice and even.

I find cloud production is kinda weak on the blue setting. Way better clouds on green. And I rarely venture up to red as mentioned before. Blue and green is where I stay. Normally I don’t vape past 200Con any of my devices. But this one I do for the clouds. And I don’t find it too hot at all.

boon

20200128-214037.jpg

Abv after 2 cycles on the red setting

This vape is really tiny. Im not a conduction device but this one have a place in my vape gear. It's really more stealph than my impcognito with aster rt.
It won't be my daily driver but the easiness of use :
loading is really easy as the heating time is fast and the stealth.
It's not making big.clouds So I think it's a good vape to begin or for the.non cloud chaser.
There is a little lurning curve as my first try the mouthpiece was uncomfortably hot

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The air path is very open and well directed. However, I will argue that this vape is not a true convection vape. I suspect this is more of a conduction vape if you put all the chips on the table. The chamber wall itself is what is heating up. The amount of convection heat is very limited as the chamber bowl is wrapped with cotton sealing off a lot of the radiated heat that could be drawn in from the incoming air path. Nothing is heating the incoming air.

TommyDee,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The air path is very open and well directed. However, I will argue that this vape is not a true convection vape. I suspect this is more of a conduction vape if you put all the chips on the table. The chamber wall itself is what is heating up. The amount of convection heat is very limited as the chamber bowl is wrapped with cotton sealing off a lot of the radiated heat that could be drawn in from the incoming air path. Nothing is heating the incoming air.
Did anyone say it was convection? It says right on the box - conduction heater.

kuzko

Received mine as well. Did a cleaning and two burn offs at high temp. What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Super tiny, got a black unit, could easily pass as an e-cigarette device in public as far as looks. Mouthpiece and cooling unit are so tiny and has a cool assembly. Obviously the gasket material and some internals could be something nicer but the smell and taste were not that bad for me considering. I didn’t get much vapor on low and medium but I think I was pulling too hard as some have mentioned. Slow draws on high heat were what got me nice visible clouds. ABV came out nice and even. Not too shabby for a teeny tiny conduction vape. I could see the Cap as appealing to the masses since it’s basically as small as an e-cig and no fuss. Haven’t taken it out and about yet but I would feel very comfortable with it in my pocket. The magnetic mouthpiece is slick and strong enough.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ha! Of course... thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking of the comments on draw speed. It didn't make sense that they insulated the chamber where it could preheat incoming air. That was a design choice, I suspect, to keep the unit cool.

david8613

I hear some people saying the mouth piece gets hot, I think you shouldn't put your lips directly on the tip of mouth piece. Try to put more of the mouth piece in your mouth so that your lips are pressing at the base of mouth piece. I think it might be better that way, I gotta test this idea more.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
A few pics of my AVB - I had a session on level 2, then stepped up and did second session on red. I was still getting a little vapor by the time the red session ended, albeit the flavor was (unsurprisingly) bad.
ABV is really hard to photograph. I am very proud of my subpar collage skills - it took more focus than I care to admit :haw:

I hear some people saying the mouth piece gets hot, I think you shouldn't put your lips directly on the tip of mouth piece. Try to put more of the mouth piece in your mouth so that your lips are pressing at the base of mouth piece. I think it might be better that way, I gotta test this idea more.

I have definitely burned my lip/tongue a few times on the ceramic, so I have have become very aware to avoid this going forward. But, tbh, the plastic is still uncomfortably (but not quite burning) hot by the end of even one session. If I used this for no more than half a session at a time, this wouldn’t bother me. But in a sharing setting, this would definitely be an issue for me.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don’t know how to restart this sucker after she goes into standby without 5 clicking to turn it off and then back on again

Just hold the button down. It takes 2-3 seconds and it will wake up out of standby mode and buzz when it's back to temp.

You can also do the same to put it into standby mode while it's running the heat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom