Flower mixing. 1:1 strains vs mixing your own.

PeteyS

Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any advantages(other then convenance) to mix and match your own strains, rather then purchasing strains that are already part CBD, part THC.

At the moment im trying to lean towards less THC then i have used in the past, and have been testing out different 1:1 strains, that i really enjoy. I however find them to be quite expensive and more limited at times.

Would it be better for me to use a CBD flower that i enjoy, and just mix that up into some THC strains, so i can make my own 1:1 strains. Are there any issues that could possibly pop up doing this?

Thanks all.
Pete.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any advantages(other then convenance) to mix and match your own strains, rather then purchasing strains that are already part CBD, part THC.

At the moment im trying to lean towards less THC then i have used in the past, and have been testing out different 1:1 strains, that i really enjoy. I however find them to be quite expensive and more limited at times.

Would it be better for me to use a CBD flower that i enjoy, and just mix that up into some THC strains, so i can make my own 1:1 strains. Are there any issues that could possibly pop up doing this?

Thanks all.
Pete.
I don’t see any problem mixing CBD & THC strains. It sounds like a great idea, and you can experiment to find a combination that works best for you. I mix strains all the time, although they’re THC strains with different characteristics.

NicAcct1

Yes, lots of people mix their own. The possibilities are endless. I prefer a mixed ratio bowl to any single cannabinoid. Some prefer to match terpenes and flavors, others mix based on cannabinoid percentages, some both. Its' really a subjective topic, and whatever works best for you may not work the best for others and vice versa. But, you should not see any issues that I can think of....just adjust the amounts of each flower type accordingly to achieve the effects you desire.

MinnBobber

So i guess the best way to go about doing this is.
Weigh out flower on scale to get ratios correct.
Grind both strains.
Put both strains into a container , and give it a mix.

Does this sound like the proper way?

Thanks.
That is one way but many do not like pre grinding as it dries out your precious buds.

I mix my own at the time of actually using it but don’t get “weight it precise”.
If I want a 1:1 for example and have some 20% THC bud and 13% CBD bud, I tweezer off two small THC calyxes and 3 small CBD calyxes into
a chamber and go for it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So i guess the best way to go about doing this is.
Weigh out flower on scale to get ratios correct.
Grind both strains.
Put both strains into a container , and give it a mix.

Does this sound like the proper way?

Thanks.

There is no proper way, I have done filling one grinder with nugs from CBD and nugs from THC, or different strains otherwise, you can do whatever you want of course!

Vaporware

I usually mix a “hemp” CBD strain with a high THC strain. I’ve even just added CBD isolate to THC flower or had some CBD and THC one after the other. It all works, but in my experience having the CBD before THC is different from having it after which is different from having them mixed at the same time. I generally prefer to have them at the same time.

I usually grind enough for at least a few days (just to avoid the hassle of grinding tiny amounts fresh every time I have some) and I have one container for each strain. I mix them as I load them which gives the most flexibility, but I’m seriously considering adding in 1:1 mixed containers or something for ease of use.

In that case I’ll either grind a similar amount and mix them in the container, or if I know I’m going to do it ahead of time I’ll just grind them together. I think that would blend them together better.

I also like strains that are already a good mix, but I don’t think they’re clearly better than mixing your own.

PeteyS

Ive been making my own 1:1 strains alot recently and really like the effects.
Seems to really take the edge off of the high, and i don't want to say lessens the effects, but actually enhances them in many ways.
I take it that with the 1:1 mix, i am now getting a even greater entourage of cannabinoids, and it seems to really synergize the whole experience.

At this point, Im still mixing as I go, but in the future I may pre mix the ratios beforehand and store it in a 1:1 jar.

florduh

I've mostly mixed my dispo THC flower with the internet hemp stuff. My theory is that hemp has only started being bred for consumption over the past few years so a lot of it is still pretty "wild". I feel like there's gotta be minors in there that aren't present in over-hybridized THC flower. Very enjoyable.

I am sort of curious how this stacks up with higher CBD dispensary flower strains.

cptofnthng

Ive found i get very different amounts of vapor depending on the CBD Strain, even though all of them we're commercially grown and treated.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: GoldenBud

PeteyS

Yeah, alot of people find cbd needs to vaped at a higher temp then usual.
Where I live, cbd flower maxes out at 150mg/gram. I can't wait to try the 200/300 mg strains.

GoldenBud

if the CBD has 150mg/gr, it needs to be vaporized with a lower temp, because it has less "oils" in it, and it can be combusted easier
if you have a CBD that has 300mg/gr (or THC, it's also an oil) you can use higher temp... like the GTH, it's so rich in THC/Terpenes that I could vape at 445F with my tetra...slow draw.... on the other hand, something less rich I could vape only at 430F with slow draw... 435F gave me an hotspot, where GTH didn't have any hotspot even at 445F...

GoldenBud,

PeteyS

Hey, thanks. Thats some interesting info. Ive never thought about different temps for different potency flower.
Ive been keeping the temp pretty low lately.
Are you vaping through water with your tetra at 445/430?

newola

I always mix a high quality thc strain with a cbd strain. 1:2 with the cbd being the 2 parts.

Lessens the thc high but still does exactly what I want it to, plus makes my green last a lot longer.

Currently mixing sugar breath with cbd ak47 👍

sickmanfraud

I mix strains all the time in capsules. I never considered it for vaping, but why not?

I do have one strain that is supposed to be 10%/10% THC/CBD but it never works out exactly.

I use 20 grams a month of this strain. I had considered getting my monthly prescription changed, however, every time I have priced it out it was more expensive to get 10 grams of THC and 10 grams of CBD to substitute for 20 grams of the blend.

sickmanfraud,

PeteyS

Yeah it just depends on where you live. For example in Canada, Cbd flower costs just as much as good thc flower.
Also, here in canada, we don't have a huge selection of 1:1 flower to choose from. I think I have access to maybe 3 strains at the moment.

I think mixing two or more strains together yourself, is the way to go. More flexibility, and choices. Just make sure to use a good CBD flower as your base.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Just found this thread after deciding to mix my CBD and THC and got my first shipment of CBD flower from Plain Jane.

I never saw anyone mention doing it before, but I really didn't look either. It just seemed like a good idea because I used cannabis for both pain control AND pure enjoyment and thought this would be a good way to get modify how much I want/need at any given time. So for during the day my thought was to go 2-1 CBD-THC and then at night go 50-50, or 90-10 THC to CBD when watching effets-heavy sci-fi or listening to Pink Floyd "Animals" again for the mllionth time.

Haven't tried it for work yet, but so far I like the mix. I do seem to get an overall calmness that wasn't there before when just using a CBD strain and I still felt plenty high, but I do go for as high a THC count as I can.

First impressions are, I like it!

GoldenBud

I never saw anyone mention doing it before, but I really didn't look either. It just seemed like a good idea because I used cannabis for both pain control AND pure enjoyment and thought this would be a good way to get modify how much I want/need at any given time. So for during the day my thought was to go 2-1 CBD-THC and then at night go 50-50, or 90-10 THC to CBD when watching effets-heavy sci-fi or listening to Pink Floyd "Animals" again for the mllionth time.
I'd mix 50:50 THCA:CBDA , a THCA strain which contains Myrcene terpene ("indica") and the CBD which contains more Limonene ("sativa")
interesting to see how it performs! something like Hawaiian Haze that Shit Snax attached - https://organiccbdnugs.com/products/hawaiian-haze-cbd-hemp-flower (don't forget the coupon TAKE60 )

with some THCA strain which is labeled as "indica" or so

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Th
I'd mix 50:50 THCA:CBDA , a THCA strain which contains Myrcene terpene ("indica") and the CBD which contains more Limonene ("sativa")
interesting to see how it performs! something like Hawaiian Haze that Shit Snax attached - https://organiccbdnugs.com/products/hawaiian-haze-cbd-hemp-flower (don't forget the coupon TAKE60 )

with some THCA strain which is labeled as "indica" or so
Very cool! I checked that link and it looks pretty good. I got a sampler from Plain Jane and have only tried one of them so far, but I like it. Any other sellers of this that you, or others, could recommend that have a good rep?

CaptBongRipper,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
sorry I thought you would know THCA mail order like CBDA mail order, nvm!

I mean, I don't use those terms, really, it's just ordering weed if it's not CBD by mail from one of the specific hemp shops... And I'm only using one delivery service, save for a couple local dispensaries on occasion, in the past few years. So I have no idea what type of things are available where for who really, never used a term like THCA before myself let alone ever searched for it specifically... And everything I know about mail order CBD is in the thread already lol not very well versed or experienced with this honestly

Top Bottom