Flower Mill

Texus

Got my new rotor installed today too. Took a lil needle nose action to get the original one off, but dug my first run with it. Not a lot of flower, just enough to pack a DynaVap and load up the Dyna dugout. High quality work as always.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Got the new rotor yesterday and put about an eighth thru my mill this morning. I was a little skeptical even with @FlowerMillJohn downplaying the improvement, but it's noticeably different and better IMO. Glad I could make the upgrade for just $10 - not all companies would do that, so thank you @FlowerMillJohn and @FlowerMillAaron!
Thank you, and glad you like it!

Nice! Since I've had a little more time I can confirm my original impression that it mills slightly, but noticeably, quicker with the 20 flute. It took down a couple gs earlier in what I counted to be sub 2 seconds. It's really such an impressive device.

As far as I'm concerned, the Flower Mill is the quickest way to break up your herb with the least mess and maintenance. At this point, after using it heavily, the FM is a winner functionally over every other grinder I've ever tried. The only areas where BCG beats FM to me is visual appearance/customization (which is no contest, but also nothing to do with function), better feel in the hand, and threadless.. and those three things do keep my BCGs in use alongside my FM. Especially the threadless opening/closing.. It might seem trivial but I do love that, being able to open and (especially) close it with one hand. Probably my only minor criticism of the FM is the sound it can sometimes make when opening and closing (a dab of mineral oil on the threads is an east fix tho).

The energy and responsiveness from the FM team is another huge pro and, goddamn, the speed and thoroughness with which this fucker mills... there really isn't anything else like it!
Thank you so much for the kind words and honest feedback! It really means a lot to me, and it was a pleasure hearing it explained from your first impressions into getting a feel for it.

I agree with you on the threads / sound. There's room for improvement there, and we've already addressed a few of them in R&D. We're working on a lot of products at the moment, many of which have been posing engineering challenges. But our design and manufacturing knowledge has been improving with as we learn lessons.

Would you consider leaving this review on our website? They really help people with dentophobia understand! :lol:

Yeah the FM is one of my favorite vaping purchases. It's a definite keeper and I love everything about it.
Great product and the service is top notch as well. :)
Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying being able to offer a more personal customer service, we'll really try and keep that culture as we grow. Enjoy your Mill!

Like I had said above, please feel free to leave this review on the site! The impact is significant ✌️

Got my new rotor installed today too. Took a lil needle nose action to get the original one off, but dug my first run with it. Not a lot of flower, just enough to pack a DynaVap and load up the Dyna dugout. High quality work as always.

Glad ya liked it Texus!

Ah yes, the rotors sure can be stuck on sometimes. We have an inexpensive tool coming that let's you get more leverage. It usually needs just a weee but more than you can get out of your palm's grip when they're bad.

Reminder that there's a super handy rotor removal tool for the 10 flute on Thingaverse for anyone with access to a 3d printer!

NimChimpsky

Thank you so much for the kind words and honest feedback! It really means a lot to me, and it was a pleasure hearing it explained from your first impressions into getting a feel for it.

I agree with you on the threads / sound. There's room for improvement there, and we've already addressed a few of them in R&D.
Absolutely! This is a product I feel comfortable providing detailed feedback on because I love it lol and the pros far outweigh any areas of improvement (and I know the team is searching for those and genuinely listening to our feedback).

We're working on a lot of products at the moment, many of which have been posing engineering challenges. But our design and manufacturing knowledge has been improving with
Oh yea liking the sound of this :popcorn:

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Does anyone have any tips on getting the rotor off? I've never taken mine off before and its pretty stuck on there. I can see that it should be able to just unscrew but I've had no luck and don't want to beat up my rotor or my fingers more. I saw a 3D printed tool towards the start of the thread, maybe I should look into how I can get hooked up with one of those?

Edit: Just saw that this was mentioned a few posts up, I'll keep working on it and if nothing else just be happy with my 10 flute until the tool shows up

710yota,

Texus

Glad ya liked it Texus!

Ah yes, the rotors sure can be stuck on sometimes. We have an inexpensive tool coming that let's you get more leverage. It usually needs just a weee but more than you can get out of your palm's grip when they're bad.

Reminder that there's a super handy rotor removal tool for the 10 flute on Thingaverse for anyone with access to a 3d printer!

Yeah, really not a biggie once I grabbed needle nose. And my lack of cleaning prob contributed when I took a quick look.

But that brings us to another great thing about the FM: very little user maintenance needed at all. Big fan. Big fan.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I managed to stop being such a weak wristed girly-man and got my old rotor off.

The new 20 flute is providing the same amazing grind as before eating through some absolute boulders of green crack with ease! I don't notice any crazy diffrences in my first milling with it except for the feel. It's definitely more of a rolling feeling using the 20 flute vs the 10 flute, very smooth!

rollerskater

Does anyone have any tips on getting the rotor off? I've never taken mine off before and its pretty stuck on there. I can see that it should be able to just unscrew but I've had no luck and don't want to beat up my rotor or my fingers more.
it gets too stuck on to unscrew with my thumbs pretty easily, but just pressing on it with my palm hasnt failed yet! i get the grinding chamber liner off the same way.

have yall thought about other textures for the flower mill? now that you can get it as a 3 piece my only issue is the finish can be a little slippy in damp palms or a weaker grip, a knurled or smooth/plated finish would be a nice option i think! (i have a roiel crown actually, i dont know if the finish changed between when it was sold as that and its release as flower mill) even with my texture preferences its by far my favorite grinder!

This grinder came out of nowhere for me, my focus was getting the BCG Titanium (no due date) and the Flower Mill had its own hype so I was intrigued. 3 Day shipping vs 8 weeks was also a plus. I wasn’t super skeptical with the speed claims but needed to see it for myself. First attempt I turned it a little too much and made it super fine, human error. Second attempt was perfect and took about 3 seconds to finish. Easily the fastest grinder I’ve ever used. Only used it twice so far as I’m a weekend only tOmer, but the Flower Mill is incredible. I’m retiring my Large SCS and using this exclusively. I’ll most likely get the BCG Titanium eventually but no time soon.

@FlowerMillJohn DM’d you

Edit: My Rotor came off easily but it is fairly new. Removed it in anticipation for the new 20 F Rotor.

SpaceVarmint

Excited to get my premium w/ expansion screen set I ordered last night. Messed up and forgot to order the ring on the first order, then ended up paying shipping twice. That's what one gets for buying grinders baked at 2AM. Shipping in US is a decent price anyway. I have been set on finding a good grinder that allows some flexibility in grind without having to do all the upside-down-and-sideways stuff. I have been pretty much running the TM as my daily lately, but just scored a FW7 Sunday night. Does anyone have any suggestions on the mill screen for the FW7? I'm sure the pure convection TM will prefer a coarse grind, but I am curious about the hybrid Firewood.

The coarse screen has been available low-key to FC folk for the last few weeks. $5 plus shipping (which is unfortunately not as inexpensive). DM me with your address and PayPal info before Aug 5 if you want in. Can of course do the $5 20-Flute rotors simultaneously, too. Hope that answers your question!

And on another note. Just to reiterate what I reaf from a comment: Yes, all the people who are using the all-aluminum Standards have been using the same 20 flute rotor! There're interchangeable too, but if you have both you already know that!

I highly recommend the Standard to anyone who does bulk processing because of its speed, or someone who isn't necessarily interested in playing with finer grinds and wants a no-fuss high-utility grinder that just works. They work and feel just like a Premium. But they seem to work even faster in my experience. It's likely from the small nuances in machining-finishes on the aluminum and anodizing vs. SS, that change the 'grip' of the screen and cause the bud to roll and crumble... differently. Good differently.
Just quoting so everyone is my witness 😁 I’ve DM’d you before the 5th so the contract states you’ll have to abide by that $5 coarse plate offer.

Thanks, management.

caseball2051

I cleaned my grinder recently and noticed it was time was time for a new one.

I ordered a 3 piece premium mill with the expansion pack.

This is by far the best grinder I've ever used. I have no complaints at all.

I found the grind plate that came with the unit to be too coarse for my use. The next step down in size was perfect. Very nice consistent fluffy grind. Absolutely love it.

rowbam

I ordered the rotor upgrade a while back and USPS dropped the ball delivering it.

Got in touch with the FM team and had nothing but prompt response and great customer service. They advised I wait a bit longer, and sure enough it showed up today.

Seems to work excellently so far and it's going to see more use tomorrow.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
After much deliberation and listening to the advice of good folk here, I'm bailing on the idea of the BCG and I'm in the FM Club too...

Yep - I just placed an order with Herbalist Bros. here in the UK!

Hoping John can work out / remember what we agreed re. the upgrades heheh I must try and remember not to email them early in their morning 😂

Edit: Just got an update - it's shipped. That was fast...!

Last edited:
You could definitely see an improvement with the new rotor, not that it needed one to be honest. I love everything about this grinder, even the size seems perfect for me despite always picking up the largest one. This grinder just screams premium. Now I have to determine which will be my go to plate between standard and coarse. Not really trying to constantly switch plates.

Thanks to FM and everyone in this thread, especially @Shit Snacks I was completely sold after a few pics. Truthfully I’m going to shelve the BCS for now.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I just used my FM for the first time and I love it . It works much better than any traditional grinder that I have owned and I've already recommended it to my friends. Unfortunately, I placed my order one day before the switch to the newer rotor ( bad timing ) so I have the original... I probably shouldn't have tortured myself reading the user comments on how much of an improvement it is but at least the original is still a great performer.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Whoa... it's here already! Royal Mail are smart enough to deliver outside of the roadworks closure - full credit to them :tup:

What I did not expect is the sheer weight of this thing, wow... it is substantial!

Going to give it a first run in a bit...

but just to acknowledge the biodegradable packaging and free stickers from Herbalist Bros. - nice! (and some free rolling papers too that will obviously go to a friend who I haven't converted away from combustion yet).

edit: first run 100% success, this thing is good!! Absolute first impression is that I like it very much and it may sound silly, but I think it preserves the flavour and aroma of the herb a bit more somehow - am I imagining things?

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
@FlowerMillJohn , is it possible to order a black premium edition? I don’t like the 2-color-look from the outside. Basically the rotor and plate in SS, other parts in black aluminum?

Thanks you in advance!

This was one of the aspects of the FM that I was less enamoured with too, but I got over it and now it's actually here I really like it.

Also, you are still going to get a two colour look because of the flower design on the top.

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
I cleaned my grinder recently and noticed it was time was time for a new one.

I ordered a 3 piece premium mill with the expansion pack.

This is by far the best grinder I've ever used. I have no complaints at all.

I found the grind plate that came with the unit to be too coarse for my use. The next step down in size was perfect. Very nice consistent fluffy grind. Absolutely love it.
Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! That happens to be one of my most used plates, too. We may need to consider making a finer Standard body down the road..
I ordered the rotor upgrade a while back and USPS dropped the ball delivering it.

Got in touch with the FM team and had nothing but prompt response and great customer service. They advised I wait a bit longer, and sure enough it showed up today.

Seems to work excellently so far and it's going to see more use tomorrow.
Thanks, glad it all worked out! Shipping issues are frustrating for both parties, but we'll always make sure you get your goods. 👍

Just pulled my trigger on the premium 4 piece but the international shipping to Asia is quite a bit. Hope I get it soon.
Cheers.
So sorry for our expensive international shipping! We're looking at hiring out order fulfillment which may give us better rates on International, plus more stores are stocking Flower Mills every month. So hopefully soon there should be plenty of options to avoid high shipping costs.

Hope it's treating you well!

I just used my FM for the first time and I love it . It works much better than any traditional grinder that I have owned and I've already recommended it to my friends. Unfortunately, I placed my order one day before the switch to the newer rotor ( bad timing ) so I have the original... I probably shouldn't have tortured myself reading the user comments on how much of an improvement it is but at least the original is still a great performer.
Thanks for the awesome feedback! It really helps us out if you're willing to post reviews on the webstore!

So sorry for the timing issue! We anticipated a few.. Hit me up if you want to go 20 flute, I'll make it as easy on you as possible. 👍

Whoa... it's here already! Royal Mail are smart enough to deliver outside of the roadworks closure - full credit to them :tup:

What I did not expect is the sheer weight of this thing, wow... it is substantial!

Going to give it a first run in a bit...

but just to acknowledge the biodegradable packaging and free stickers from Herbalist Bros. - nice! (and some free rolling papers too that will obviously go to a friend who I haven't converted away from combustion yet).

edit: first run 100% success, this thing is good!! Absolute first impression is that I like it very much and it may sound silly, but I think it preserves the flavour and aroma of the herb a bit more somehow - am I imagining things?

Herbalist Bros are great people, no doubt. Glad you're enjoying it! I can't say scientifically that it enhances flavour and aroma, but it's far from the first time we've received that comment!

Enjoy!

@FlowerMillJohn , is it possible to order a black premium edition? I don’t like the 2-color-look from the outside. Basically the rotor and plate in SS, other parts in black aluminum?

Thanks you in advance!

Great question! Not at the moment, but, one of the designs we've discussed is indeed a blacked out Premium. Sit tight...

Other center colours are coming very soon. Though, I'm not sure I'm in love with the brilliance and finishes on them yet if I'm being honest. We're actively working on coating / colour / art options, and have a few cool things lined up.

This was one of the aspects of the FM that I was less enamoured with too, but I got over it and now it's actually here I really like it.

Also, you are still going to get a two colour look because of the flower design on the top.
Appreciate that honest feedback! And I agree, still lots of contrast there with the logo.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Re. the colour options would the ring accessory replace the silver middle section and thereby make it all black? At least when closed anyway.

The two tone look is growing on me, very curious about other options and artistic expressions though.

I have thought about customising mine, K2 Color Flex is amazing stuff:

Anyway... a couple of days and three uses later I am 100% convinced I have made the correct choice.

Still learning, last night I was wondering why it was taking longer than usual to break up the bug, but it turned out I was just rolling a stick around in there... the separation of the bud from the stem is definitely a feature - very cool!

Top Bottom