Flower Mill

Jojofernz

So after a little more poking and prodding with both Flower Mill and Dynavap, Dynavap made an exception and accepted the return of my Flower Mill. Kudos to Dynavap, I just wish they wouldn’t sell the FM to people anymore with this issue.

Flower Mill was a bit rude as expected and didn’t respond to my actual concerns about the Mill currently and if any more changes would occur for it or those affected.

However, Flower Mill did tell me they are basically working on a new version of the Mill, one that should completely get rid of the dusting issue so I’m guessing a different design? It was offered to me once it was released, as a replacement for my defective one, I declined and went with Dynavap getting me a refund.

I don’t want anything more to do with Flower Mill but for those that did like the milling style and would give them another chance, seems like they will be releasing a new one this year.

AndyO

I'm going to be a sucker who gives them another chance, because 1) I'm a grinder fiend, 2) I love the "milling" style of grind, and 3) I haven't had any issues with my very recent version of the SS Flower Mill. Apparently I need to appreciate my luck in this regard!

AndyO,

Adobewan

News to potentially restart this thread.
I contacted Flower Mill regarding the shavings issue. The response from Bryan was immediate and friendly, and I was offered a soon-to-be-released next-generation mill to replace my original.
This morning an email arrived:
"The time is finally here and we are ready to ship our Next Gen Premium!

I just wanted to reach out and verify your info and make sure we get you everything you need! The new version now includes the pollen catch and employs a new style of milling plate..."

and a follow-up email:
"We are planning on dropping a pre order to existing customers in the next couple of days. If they have purchased a mill from the site in the past they can expect a hefty discount towards a Next Gen model!

We have some cleaning up to do with our rep and it starts now :)"

Here's the info card I was sent(someone please direct me to instructions on directly linking images):
Flower Mill Next Gen Premium

I loved the mill concept and have had encouraging exchanges with Bryan.
Fingers crossed we're all sharing what we love about our new mills soon.
<to be continued>

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think your optimism is great. I have been burned too long by these guys. I even ordered the "discounted" new mill the last time they were making these claims. I think that new design could work but if they had an honest bone in their bodies they would have stopped shipping the defective mills.

I am hoping they get it right this time. I'm not holding my breath.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
hhhrm - I don't immediately see any difference in the "trouble" area - I would like to see the underside of the new one piece rotor knob. I guess the addition of a plastic ring or something is the "fix"? Making it a 4 piece doesn't interest me and I'm not inclined to spend any more money with these guys. I've got two of them (OG and a supposedly fixed model) both of which I paid for collecting dust in my drawer already, so unless they are going to send out these new ones free of charge to existing customers it's a hard "no" for me dawg.

Jojofernz

Hard no for me as well. I mentioned this new version in one of my last posts on this thread as they were trying to offer it to me in place of the one with problems when it would come out. Told them no then and would rather not deal with this company again.

Would advise others the same, sure hope they fix the problem for those that do end up buying but company already lost my business based on how they handled the problem and even my own personal problem, very rude customer service. Best of luck for it going forward, I enjoyed the design but it was a huge headache to deal with.

Madtater

It looks the same to me.

I mean i don’t have the dusting issue, but i really don’t use it much. I stick with my other grinder when i need to.

I doubt i would be up for spending more money with the company after seeing all the distention here from the members.

I chalk this up to me making a mistake in thinking using the FM would yield a better result than any other grinder.

Better safe than sorry. I am moving on.

simba

@weedanwine
I chalk this up to me making a mistake in thinking using the FM would yield a better result than any other grinder.

Better safe than sorry. I am moving on.
See my problem is that I do think it's better than other grinders if it wasn't for this issue. I'll probably buy a Stona at some point but currently they don't ship to the UK.

simba,

Madtater

See my problem is that I do think it's better than other grinders
The end result is what is important.

Are you saying that you feel more medicated from flower out of the FM than any other grinder on the planet?

If that is what you’re saying, then i would have to disagree with that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are you saying that you feel more medicated from flower out of the FM than any other grinder on the planet?

If that is what you’re saying, then i would have to disagree with that.

I think, it is pretty clear, they like the grind it can produce, for whatever vape they are using with whatever setup they are using, and or they like physically using it to grind... :rolleyes:;):lol:

Madtater

I think, it is pretty clear, they like the grind it can produce, for whatever vape they are using with whatever setup they are using, and or they like physically using it to grind... :rolleyes:;):lol:
lol i dont know….i get just as baked with flower out of my SCS as i do with the FM.

Dont get me wrong, i like the action and ease of grinding with the FM, but….even though i don’t have the dust issue, is it worth it to use the FM over another grinder for those things especially when the end result is the same?

Maybe i am dumbing it down too much for myself. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Madtater,

Shit Snacks

lol i dont know….i get just as baked with flower out of my SCS as i do with the FM.

Dont get me wrong, i like the action and ease of grinding with the FM, but….even though i don’t have the dust issue, is it worth it to use the FM over another grinder for those things especially when the end result is the same?

Maybe i am dumbing it down too much for myself. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Haha maybe, I could never use SCS again after using better grinders, the metric is rarely how baked you get from using a grinder, in my experience (more about ease of use, quality of the grind, etc. the vape is a huge factor as is the herb obviously) ...

simba

@weedanwine
Yup it's the fluffiness I guess. In general I don't like grinders as they're annoying, but I like the "milled" quality of the flower in the flowermill compared to other grinders I've tried.

I will still pick apart herb manually for most of the bowls I vape, but for some vapes you 100% need to grind it e.g Vapman.

Adobewan

I report this with continued condolences to members with mill issues.
The new Flowermill mills easier, the one-piece rotor knob seems an improvement, the one-piece plates are def easier to deal with, it has a pollen plate that I don't use, and I’m not seeing any shavings yet(but likely early to tell.)

I hope FlowerMill makes things right with disgruntled customers, it’s a great unit that could be a favorite on the forum.

Shit Snacks

That's good it is an improvement at least!

No way I am ever going to give them more money to fix their own shortfalls...

Yeah it seems to suggest it necessary to have an account with them as well, to get the automatic 30%, I also thought it was a little interesting in a negative way that there were only a few days to take advantage of the offer... Not that I would have regardless

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Yeah it seems to suggest it necessary to have an account with them as well, to get the automatic 30%, I also thought it was a little interesting in a negative way that there were only a few days to take advantage of the offer... Not that I would have regardless
I didn't even realize that they had made an offer to any existing customers. I never saw any email and I've bought too much from them in the past. So not really doing a great job making things right.

lazylathe

Almost there...

The way the owner treated a little a lot of us when we started to notice the metal being ground down as if we were total idiots that did not know how to use a grinder.
He blamed all the issues on "user error"...

Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Shit Snacks

I didn't even realize that they had made an offer to any existing customers. I never saw any email and I've bought too much from them in the past. So not really doing a great job making things right.

Screenshot-20240331-122504.png

Yeah you would think that you were on the email list haha if you log into your account and try to buy one it should remove the 30% for you automatically though? Until April 1st

Cacahuates

Anyone thinking about beta testing this gen? I'm going to wait for a bit until they've stood the test of time. 30% off for anyone who got burned previously doesn't seem right.
I really liked the mini. If they did a ss mini that would be an instant buy.

floribud

I've seen and used a prototype. Used it for quite a while. No scraping or scratching after maybe 6 weeks of daily use. FWIW I can't see how the new one would have the same dust issues as the old one. I tried to grind "improperly" for quite a while and it just worked. No hint of dust and no sign of scraping.

Also the removable pollen catcher is nice. The unit feels complete and seemless with or without the pollen catcher.

Anyone thinking about beta testing this gen? I'm going to wait for a bit until they've stood the test of time. 30% off for anyone who got burned previously doesn't seem right.
I really liked the mini. If they did a ss mini that would be an instant buy.
They are making a 2" SS version. It is slightly larger than the mini, but not by much. The base is the same diameter as the mini, the grinding lid is a little wider.

Cacahuates

And I'm back!

Edit: Does any ss make contact with Al in the new version? Did they put a piece plastic as a buffer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom