Flower Mill

zeebudz

They are making a 2" SS version. It is slightly larger than the mini, but not by much. The base is the same diameter as the mini, the grinding lid is a little wider.

Love the mini (and have never experienced the dust issue.) Any other info on the 2" SS? Will the bottom be magnetic or the same quarter turn threads (not my favorite part)? Price? ETA?

zeebudz,

AndyO

Imagine releasing a crap product that gives off "dust", failing to ever fix it, then releasing a "new product" that looks exactly the same as the old one and expecting people that you've already burnt once to pay for another one. A 50% discount still would've been egregious - if this is "the fix" to the metal dust issues they should be providing replacements to everyone under the lifetime warranty.

This is more infuriating to me than their initial responses to the dust issue. If you don't have a fix yet, you don't have a fix.

But if you do have a fix? Asking us to pay for it is cheeky AF.

simba

@weedanwine
I really don't know what to do with my Flowermill Mini, wouldn't feel right selling it on but I also don't wanna use it because of all these issues.

Feels like it's just a paperweight at this point

Jojofernz

I really don't know what to do with my Flowermill Mini, wouldn't feel right selling it on but I also don't wanna use it because of all these issues.

Mini shouldn’t have those issues as far as I know, was just the premium version.

Someone correct me if I wrong but think the mini shouldn’t have dusting so you could use it or sell it, someone would buy it I’m sure.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Dopamine

Anyone thinking about beta testing this gen? I'm going to wait for a bit until they've stood the test of time. 30% off for anyone who got burned previously doesn't seem right.
I really liked the mini. If they did a ss mini that would be an instant buy.
I‘m in. Never had an issue with mine as far as I know. FM did send the free shim kit and I guess I’ll continue to use it until the newest arrives.

Dopamine,

AndyO

Going back and forth with these frauds is infuriating.

They've emailed me today telling me that metal dust constitutes "cosmetic damage or wear and tear."

Dodgy fuckers, I can't believe anyone would give them another dollar after everything written in this thread.

simba

@weedanwine
Mini shouldn’t have those issues as far as I know, was just the premium version.

Someone correct me if I wrong but think the mini shouldn’t have dusting so you could use it or sell it, someone would buy it I’m sure.
I'm fairly sure the mini can have the issue, someone showed it in the thread iirc. Usually happens after you clean it, which I've not done but at some point that becomes untenable.

simba,

Dopamine

I‘m in. Never had an issue with mine as far as I know. FM did send the free shim kit and I guess I’ll continue to use it until the newest arrives.
Well, I’m out. Decided to clean it and took an alcohol swap between the plate and top and it was blackish. Well that sucks, I’ve been using it daily for close to a year and never noticed when I cleaned it. Canceled the pre order and ordered a different stainless steel grinder.

doctorxga

I’m sitting out, paid full for first one got dust. 30$ shipping for replacement with new design. Still dust. Tried the new washers. More dust . Why would I ever pay for more … it’s insulting :( can’t do much about it now but yeah … shit situation and concept was nice but I’m not a charity and they aren’t a legitimate business that cares. The grind is nice but at what cost. I went back to my SCS

slacker

I received a new 2" SS mill, for free.

Like many of you, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the 30% discount they offered for a new one, so I replied to the email and politely declined. Surprisingly, they wrote back immediately with an offer to send a replacement, free of charge.

.brew

I have the 2.5 ss premium V2 and it's absolutely amazing. The inside of the top cap that would cause dust if you ended up grinding off axis now has a hard plastic groove so there's no metal to metal contact ever.
So now customers will be ingesting microplastics, which I would argue is much more difficult to avoid and more concerning than whatever residue we were finding.

.brew

I'm assuming it's plastic, idk what it's made of.
It's "plastic" regardless the type. I wasn't making a dig at you. I've been anti-petroleum products in my consumption for over forty years. I was glass on glass long before I was able to get rid of combustion. I used to do solar hits--using a magnifying glass--before vaping technology got to the point of allowing an all glass vapor path without combusting.

I'm not convinced that stainless steel flakes can burn up, lift up during an inhale, or float through water into one's lungs or even what happens if it does but it's so easy now to completely avoid. I think microplastics are an indisputable concern and likely do all those things and worse--they can't be seen.

The only way to avoid any of these theoretical risks is to avoid surface to surface contact of any kind if any residue can come into contact with one's herb. If someone is using something that has surface to surface contact they'd be wise to lube the contact surfaces and do it often, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see

Maybe list it on a pay what you like basis, with a caveat emptor. I'm very happy with my mini, and would have been pleased to try a second hand version. People aren't daft, and if you're not dishonest, we're all consenting adults, right?

Top Bottom