First week of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogDad

It's been an interesting 1st week of vaping. I much prefer this to combustion.

This vaporizer business has a bit of a learning curve when it comes to dosing. Too much is too easy to do, and peoples bodies have different reactions. There is no standardization of the amount of chemicals in the material you're vaping, and what's recommended for one person may not be the same as another. Vaping takes some personal dialing in.

What's interesting for me personally, is that vaping has turned into part of my health routine in the morning. I hit the vape for my anti-inflammatory and pain relievers as I take my vitamins, sipping my green tea and honey. It's just one more herb supplement I've added to the list like Kale to my daily green smoothie.

After vaping for just a week, I "think" I can say with some certainty than I have noticed improvements in my health since vaping. My muscles have hurt less for sure.

What's interesting about the pain relief, is that the effects were not immediate. It took a few days of vaping before the pains subsided and while it's not gone away completely, it's noticeably less all the time. It's as though it took a few days to get the right amount of pain relievers to build up in my system to actually work. Just a guess ...

The skin on my face is changing. It's has less red spots, less imperfections. My skin looks clearer which may indicate I am receiving the anti-inflammatory in an amount great enough to actually have an effect. (This I noticed before the pain relief changes.) I began to notice cleaner skin on about day two/three and it continues to improve.

I'm guessing the absorption rate is higher for vaping than combusting and that may account for me actually seeing/feeling some quantifiable results this soon. I don't know that to be the case at all, just a guess.

I went into vaping as a skeptic about the health benefits, but I'm actually finding pretty conclusive results that vaping may have some health benefits for me personally.

Granted, all this may all be in my mind too, but even the skeptic in me is starting to believe otherwise.

I believe at the time of this posting that I actually see and feel a difference vaping over combusting with vaping actually being a positive thing to do for my body.

Mentally, it's a different deal too. I'll save my thoughts on those differences for another thread.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
DogDad said:
I'm guessing the absorption rate is higher for vaping than combusting

i think you're right ... the smoke and tar from combustion would block some of the receptors that can now absorb the cannabinoids.

re: pain relief. i usually only have hemp to vaporize , so i have turned the temp up to 440°F and find a much more analgesic effect from whatever this stuff is. well, it's green and organic, at least.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah vaporizing is much more efficient but most people associate being stoned with all of the smoking high experience (chest burn, combustion by-products, etc). Since it's more efficient you'll probably find yourself using less in general. I was able to reduce consumption to 1/2 - 1/3 what I was smoking away. Can't go back just from the savings (never mind the rest!)

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
So you are a week in DogDad? I noticed similar benefits as well, also after the first week I wanna say 1 1/2 weeks into only vaping, I started getting even higher, easier. Guess it was my lungs healing enough from the smoke that it could absorb more thc vapor.

DogDad

after the first week I wanna say 1 1/2 weeks into only vaping, I started getting even higher, easier.

One of the areas I'm exploring now, is to be able to adjust the levels. I'm learning I can dial in how I feel.

What I've noticed so far, is that @ 375* (Regs)this makes my heart race, and at 356* I want to clean the house. When I vape at 400*, I don't feel so well.

I want to feel good, be upbeat, more alive, enjoy the wonderment of life while gaining all the medical benefits that can be received. Vaping continues to show signs that it's improving my physical health, and why wouldn't I want to improve my health if I could?

Personally, I want to be engaging the world, not dropping out.

I like my mind in the vape state which I call hyper-definition. I'm starting to believe that combusting is mere high definition by comparison. Vaping seems to take reality to another level.

The music I Love, I Love even more, the foods I like to taste, taste better. I'm more engaged with people. I'm emotionally more settled and calmer under fire. I'm funnier, quicker witted, sensible and more rational. Jokes are funnier, sad stories are sadder. Life is more intense. Stories in my head are more focused.

Colors seem richer (darker), wind windier, sun sunnier, blues bluer. Why wouldn't I want to be this way if I could?

I sometimes feel I'm enveloped into my surroundings and it's like I can see more than 180degrees, almost like through a semi fisheye lens and warped at the edges and sparkling crystal clear. My peripheral vision seems more acute. I feel surrounded, engulfed, and in cased and often absorbed into the scene. Wrapped up.

I have this amazing life, (to the point I'm embarrassed to say) and reaching a higher level of sensitivity allows me to appreciate it even more.

Vaping for me, is not about reaching for highs, it's about reaching for heights in health and awareness.

I still see vaping as part of my daily routine of exercising and exploring the mind and body in order to enjoy life to it's fullest, with the hopes of extending a higher quality of life for as long as possible.

Why wouldn't I want to do that if I could?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I want to feel good, be upbeat, more alive, enjoy the wonderment of life

again, you mean. i think this is how a child experiences the world.

cannabis lets me put down my burdens -- if only for as long as the high lasts -- this lets a lot more now flood in.

because "they" say it's wrong ... they'll be banning happiness next, unless it becomes commercialized ... wait, buying shit is supposed to make me happy.

but i'm with you ... every day. exercise, good food and cannabis. i strive to keep the my body humming at peak performance. i swear i am going to get back on the ski slopes before i die and i am (and will be) physically ready.

ILoveRadiohead!

Great to see another convert.

I RARELY combust anymore unless traveling without a vape and always feel yucky afterwards...I've been vaping for years but it really only took me a couple days to completely adapt as well and I was blown away by the differences felt not to mention the TASTE!!

tonio145

what vaporizer do you have? I always used to get too high with my arizer v tower. I had to fill the bowl to at least half to get any vapor and then I would hit it for like half an hour before it ran out lol. right now I'm waiting on the evo and the reason I bought it is because your supposed to be able to finish really small bowls in one or two hits. its also supposed to be more effective at lower temps. with my v tower I had to turn it to 420 to get decent clouds. so yeah I don't have it yet but I'm hoping it will be much easier and effective to get the right dose.

mod note: Neither this thread nor this section is about specific vape models. Your post is off topic.

tonio145,

DogDad

but i'm with you ... every day. exercise, good food and cannabis. i strive to keep the my body humming at peak performance. i swear i am going to get back on the ski slopes before i die and i am (and will be) physically ready.

This doesn't have anything to do with vaping but you might enjoy it and especially, here at Thanksgiving time. It's a story about a man who became a turkey mom and what he learned about living his own life.

I've sent this video to about a dozen people before and most come away with different impressions but most see what's key to living our lives to it's fullest. Turkey's have no concept of tomorrow so they live fully everyday as though it was their last. You and I have tomorrows but they are finite. Get on those skis as soon as you can and until then, enjoy the show.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2168110328/

DogDad,

kingmatt724

One of the areas I'm exCIG ring now, . to be able to adjust the levels. I'm learning I can dial in how I feel.

What I've noticed so far, is that @ 375* (Regs)this makes my heart race, and at 356* I want to clean the house. When I vape at 400*, I don't feel so well.

I want to feel good, be upbeat, more alive, enjoy the wonderment of life while gaining all the medical benefits that can be received. Vaping continues to show signs that it's improving my physical health, and why wouldn't I want to improve my health if I could?

I like my mind in the vape state which I call hyper-definition. I'm starting to believe that combusting is mere high definition by comparison. Vaping seems to take reality to another level.

The music I Love, I Love even more, the foods I like to taste, taste better. I'm more engaged with people. I'm emotionally more settled and calmer under fire. I'm funnier, quicker witted, sensible and more rational. Jokes are funnier, sad stories are sadder. Life is more intense. Stories in my head are more focused.

Colors seem richer (darker), wind windier, sun sunnier, blues bluer. Why wouldn't I want to be this way if I could?

I sometimes feel I'm enveloped into my surroundings and it's like I can see more than 180degrees, almost like through a semi fisheye lens and warped at the edges and sparkling crystal clear. My peripheral vision seems more acute. I feel surrounded, engulfed, and in cased and often absorbed into the scene. Wrapped up.

I have this amazing life, (to the point I'm embarrassed to say) and reaching a higher level of sensitivity allows me to appreciate it even more.

Vaping for me, is not about reaching for highs, it's about reaching for heights in health and awareness.

I still see vaping as part of my daily routine of exercising and exploring the mind and body in order to enjoy life to it's fullest, with the hopes of extending a higher quality of life for as long as possible.

Why wouldan e cig and the
uote="DogDad, post: 490275, member: 16291"]One of the areas I'm exploring now, is to be able to adjust the levels. I'm learning I can dial in how I feel.

I
One of the areas I'm exploring now, is to be able to adjust the levels. I'm learning I can dial in how I feel.

I think that was well said. Just went to the smoke shop to get an e cig and they showed me the dry herb vapor adaptor so I bought it. I've never used a vaporizer, FREAKIN AWESOME. I can still function and feel great.

kingmatt724,
Reactions: ataxian

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
I think that was well said. Just went to the smoke shop to get an e cig and they showed me the dry herb vapor adaptor so I bought it. I've never used a vaporizer, FREAKIN AWESOME. I can still function and feel great.

You should try a desktop unit, I believe you will find the difference like night and day if you have only vaped through an e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom