1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

First Vaporizor - Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'ABV' started by chuck234, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuck234

chuck234 New Member

I've been reading and looking at many sites trying to figure out which vaporizer fits my criteria or comes close. I've looked at PAX, Da Vinchi, FireFly, and others and am just more confused now.

Here is my criteria in order of priority:

1. Efficiency - I have to travel a long way for product and need to maximize what I have.

2. Reliability - I don't want to have to mess with it much. I don't mind cleaning it and maintenance, but I need it to work when I need it to work. (I'm sure this is a given)

3. Heat up time. I am looking for something that I don't have to wait long for it to heat up before being able to vape.

4. Learning Curve - Not sure if this is a real issue after I learn the best method of using it. But initially the Efficiency is a concern.

5. Portability

6. Cost - could do more but want to keep it around $300. If it is more, I would be ok if it is truly a great vaporizer.

Most of the time it is only me taking a hit or two.

2. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

TL/DR (sorry, we get a lot of these) - welcome to the forum - there is a LOT of info to read.

I suggest you look at and start with the Airizer solo - I skipped over it because it isn't the sexiest vaporizer on the market for my first vape, and really regret that. But hot damn every other person has one in their toolbox of vapes!

Go read up on it! Most of the bugs have been worked out, it's a solid vape for both home use, and on the road!

(For what it's worth, you don't need to spend anything over $200 on a solid vaporizer. Especially for your first vape, don't spend $300!)

RUDE BOY and KidFated. like this.
  3. chuck234

chuck234 New Member

The Arizer Solo is the first on I looked at and I liked it. The main question I had on it was one the heat up time. I also think it had a 12 minute timeout?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer On the Stoop

Heat up time is about a minute or two and 12 minutes is more than enough time or you need new product :lol:.The Solo is a solid pick for a first vape :tup:

Seren, KidFated. and Ratchett like this.
  5. chuck234

chuck234 New Member

What is a reliable place to order it from?

Ratchett and KidFated. like this.
  6. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Puffitup

beach bum likes this.
  7. beach bum

beach bum Member

Have had great dealings with Puffitup.

Edit: Kidfated beat me to it. :p

KidFated. likes this.
  8. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer On the Stoop

You can always go right to Arizer or check the Supporting Retailers forum, they have discounts for FC members . You can also find them on Ebay i bought mine from Myrubberneck and others here have used thegolfmeister . I had no problem registering my Solo with Arizer.

9. chuck234

chuck234 New Member

Thanks all for the quick response. I am going to jump into vaping with the Solo!

10. chuck234

chuck234 New Member

While I wait for my Solo, I've been reading up using it through a water device. I have a ROOR water pipe and am not sure what to get to connect the Solo to it. Any help would be appreciated.

11. chimpybits

chimpybits Well-Known Member

Standard GonG or PVHEGonG

VaporsVaporizer and Ratchett like this.
  12. Amazingkaddycap

Amazingkaddycap Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors