First Vaporizer for chronic pain patient

noo22

I have an automimmune disorder, resulting in severe chronic pain, which often leaves me unable to do anything.
Although I have not yet received a medical herb license (its a rather complex lenghty process in my country) I do get some "leftovers" from another pain patient I happen to know.

Because I got pretty innocent lungs I can not smoke the herbs. So it was clear to me on day one that I will have to buy a Vaporizer.
What I understood so far is that the availible devices really differ in terms of performence, reliability and user-friendlyness.

I did try an MagicFlightbox device, which I was very overstrained by. Somehow it was complex for me to operate.
I should mention that the pain itself effects my mental capibilities by a lot, some days more so, some days less.

I need your help to find a device because I can not afford to buy two times...

Important to me are
- user-friendlyness (little to no learning curve)
- easy to clean
- on-demand mode
(I just assume it be more convenient in my case)
- portability (although I dont go out much...)
- efficency (so I don't have to spend so much money on the herbs)

TinyMight and AirVape Legacy Pro are two devices I stumbled upon which happen to check some boxes.
I am very uncertain tough. Maybe you can clear things up or recommend an other device?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for taking your time to read my post

florduh

Haven't used the new Airvape Legacy, but the TinyMight is my go to recommendation for people who want a powerful easy to use portable. If you don't go out much, you could also use a desktop vape. I'm portable only though so can't really help there.

The TM checks all your boxes though. It has a longer track record than the Legacy Pro. Reviews are still trickling in for that unit, but so far they look positive.

RxPlorer

I've used the devices you brought up, and I've been in your position with severe pain.

I'd like to throw another suggestion out to you - tafee bowle.

It's modular ceramic pots make it very easy to change the load. The regulated heater gives consistent and effective dosing without worrying about a technique. Since it is on-demand, you can use as much or as little as you need without wasting your medicine (as a new user, you might only want 1 or 2 draws, then titrate up from there)

The device is ready for your draw in less than 3 seconds; you can complete a good draw in only 5 to 7 seconds. To me these things matter when the pain is overwhelming, in moments when other devices above feel way too cumbersome.

It suffers in the portability department because it isn't pocketable and has a small battery. But I've taken it on multi-day road trips without any issue or need for another device.

i hope you can find relief! Feel free to PM me with any questions

Last edited:

Vizyt91

Haven't used the new Airvape Legacy, but the TinyMight is my go to recommendation for people who want a powerful easy to use portable. If you don't go out much, you could also use a desktop vape. I'm portable only though so can't really help there.

The TM checks all your boxes though. It has a longer track record than the Legacy Pro. Reviews are still trickling in for that unit, but so far they look positive.
I would consider a Mighty or Crafty, certified devices (no combustion) the only thing is they’re sessions vapes but you can do short sesh (4 to 5 hits) bu using the concentrate pad on top of your load (0.1g) :)

Vizyt91,
Reactions: noo22

HughJass

(At the risk of sounding like a broken record since I joined FC,

I’d also like to toss the Tafee Bowle into the hat for consideration. (RxPlorer beat me to it by a min haha)

It seems like the TM (TinyMight) and Bowle (Tafée Bowle) are fairly similar, both on demand, both preform well, each one is going to have unique benefits and weird quirks.

Why I like the Bowle;
It just works. (At least so far)

Extremely simple to use. (Literally just press the button and inhale, you can hold it down, or it will auto detect when you stop inhaling and turn the oven off)

Potent, it’s an extremely efficient, on demand, powerhouse. That will deliver/knock your socks off, every time.

Extremely easy to clean (remove silicon mouthpiece from the stem, and the rubber o-ring from the crucible/pots, and give the stem and pots an iso bath for 15min)

Not to mention-Fast recharge in one hour (or 15min if you just plug it in after every session, which sounds like a pain but is actually also convenient as it will always be fully charged)

Checks the boxes for being both discreet and portable (ish..the shape makes it difficult to stuff in a pocket, but nobody will look or think twice seeing you ‘sip’ from a cup walking in public or even in a restaurant)

The only things I don’t like that the TM, sort of, has going for it is-replaceable batteries, and the ability to hook up to a WPA. (However the ‘replaceable’ batteries in the TM are not very convenient to replace/it takes a bit careful strength to unscrew the door. And as I mentioned-if you plug it in after every session, the Bowle’s battery life becomes a non issue)

Unique/weird quirks;

Some things I don’t love about the bowle-battery life, it only has enough for about 4 big sessions before needing a charge. So you really have to plug it in after every use to ensure that the next session has enough battery. (Which if you plug it in-you will have a hard time depleting the battery in one session, (so long as your tolerance isn’t MASSIVE-like 6 or more large volcano bowls a day)

And price…
So the Bowle is NOT cheap ($369, before tax..), and is rarely ever on sale. While I do not regret my purchase at all, it is a shame that the price will probably prevent some people from pulling the trigger.
— (It is, for what it provides, worth it though. I have two volcanos (classic and hybrid) a Mighty, two dynavaps and a handful of cheaper devices and I haven’t touched a single one since I got the Bowle)

Since you want on demand and easy to use (and I do highly recommend it) I would stick to something like the TM or a Bowle, or even a log vape (as just mentioned above).

a note on the Mighty- (The mighty is also great, it was my daily driver until I got the Bowle, the con is you Have to inhale until it’s finished or every second that you don’t it’s slowly cooking your herb.
That and the smell is not discreet, everyone in a 100 foot radius will smell the medicine unless you use a smoke buddy or sploof)

To second the log vape, I would consider something that doesn’t have to rely on batteries.
— But if you do need to be away from a wall charger where you plan to medicate (for example if you cannot vape indoors or don’t have an electrical output right next to where you plan to vape) —then I would definitely go with an on demand portable (of which the two best, that I am aware of currently, are the Bowle and TinyMight)

Whatever you go with, I wouldn’t be afraid to spend a little more to get something that’s worth it. But don’t feel pressured to get something you are not sure about, do research into the recommendations and see what feels right to you
-(if you’re able to order from somewhere like Planet of the vapes- then they offer a 14-day satisfaction guaranteed- which you can get a full refund, or exchange the vape you got for your second choice if it doesn’t meet your expectations)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm also recommending both the Taffee Bowle and the Tinymight, though leaning a bit more to the Bowle for your case. Both are very convenient, easy to clean on-demand devices with excellent vapor and smooth, reliable operation – I personally own and love a Tinymight and do not own (but have thoroughly tested) the Bowle, but there are some things that could make the Tinymight less ideal for you, mainly the need to press and hold a button as you hit it, which in times of pain might cause issues. The Bowle is a bit easier and can even work on draw activitation, which worked very well and reliable for me. The Tinymight allows button press free operation in session mode though, but then again that needs you being able to click a button four times and hold it to activate said mode. For some that's tricky even when they are in a balanced mood.

The big drawback of the Bowle is its battery life, it didn't last more than four or five sessions for me and the Bowles chamber is small (and the cells are not replaceable), while the Tinymight allows to size the chamber exactly to your needs.

So solely for the better ease of use I recommend the Bowle. It's looks a bit awkward, but it's a great vape.

noo22

First of all I want to thank every single one of you for answering and helping me out.
Sorry it took me some time to get through your informative answers.

First of all the TinyMight - its not availible, not in stock, and from what info I gathert it wont be availible for a while :/

I didnt know the Tafee Bowl device, thats quite a new piece of information for me. I like how fond you guys wrote of it. Looks a bit weird though and while a portable device, still rather impractical to take with you in your pocket or in your hand because of its odd shape.
Its also a lil bit expensive, 390$ in my country.

While I dont go out much atm, I do like the option to take a device with me.

If you don't go out much, you could also use a desktop vape. I'm portable only though so can't really help there.
I can get a Volcano from my healthcare provider, but I have to wait for my med use licence to be finalizied which will take some more months.
but there are some things that could make the Tinymight less ideal for you, mainly the need to press and hold a button as you hit it, which in times of pain might cause issues.
Thats okay, pressing and holding a button is in terms of physically abilities no issue.

No opinions on the Legacy Pro? They might give me a discount. Since the TM is out of stock, its the only one I consider besides the Tafee you guys recommended. What are the major downsides when you compare the Legacy Pro to the Tafee?

HughJass

Edit: I would like to preface that I am currently in ‘honeymoon’ phase with the Bowle. As such I definitely have a strong bias towards it. (Take my opinion with a fistful of salt)
Ignoring my bias—
The TinyMight is a Fantastic option.
Packs a punch, and will not disappoint.

On top of that being cheaper than the Bowle, and having a 10 year warranty- it’s hard to pass up.
I would definitely go with the TinyMight if your sold on that or the legacy pro.

Looks a bit weird though and while a portable device, still rather impractical to take with you in your pocket or in your hand because of its odd shape.

I totally understand and I also made the mistake of judging and ignoring this fantastic machine for over a year because of it.
—I’ve spent maybe $3,000 on vapes and accessories and I would trade all of them for the Bowle/ (if I could go back I’d just buy half a dozen Bowle’s and be set for life)

If you’re that put off about portability-Get a strap to hang the Bowle around your neck like your in Las Vegas. (I’m partially not kidding, as this is what I’ve thought about doing for myself)

It is absolutely worth the hassle of bringing a cup with you wherever you go.

If the price is an issue I totally understand- but again, it is 1000% worth any hassle you MAY incur.

Thats okay, pressing and holding a button is in terms of physically abilities no issue.
(Edit: since you already like the TM, I somewhat retract the next paragraph. It is the next best device (maybe even heavier hitting) than/to the Bowle)

I would still potentially recommend/steer you away from the TinyMight. It’s by no means a bad device!
But it will require slightly more finesse than the Bowle to ‘get it to work optimally’.
(This is still partially true in my mind, but it’s still a great machine, that’s way easier to use and maintain than most other vapes)

If the Bowle truly isn’t for you-
I would definitely go for the TinyMight.

To summarize; (or TL;DR)
:horse:
Bowle= still worth every penny and inconvenience- Even if it is your daily portable and you had to carry it by hand 24-7. (I stand by this statement)

The TinyMight is a great option, and definitely will not disappoint. Also cheaper than the Bowle and has a longer warranty. I also really like the removable battery-this is a huge plus.

Legacy Pro=I would only jump if it’s on sale but that’s just me.

And if you don’t like the bowle-
My other recommendations= Tetra P80, Milaana (1,2, or 3) and as a last resort if the Tafée closed its doors-the TinyMight

Edit: Sorry for the book sized response :uhoh:
I tried to keep it simple, and then years of overpaying for crappy products surfaced in the form of a 30min soap box about the value of consistent quality and how the Bowle is king of *mass manufactured devices. *(it can still be outperformed by some of the best handmade artesian vapes)

Last edited:
HughJass,

RxPlorer

First of all I want to thank every single one of you for answering and helping me out.
Sorry it took me some time to get through your informative answers.

First of all the TinyMight - its not availible, not in stock, and from what info I gathert it wont be availible for a while :/

I didnt know the Tafee Bowl device, thats quite a new piece of information for me. I like how fond you guys wrote of it. Looks a bit weird though and while a portable device, still rather impractical to take with you in your pocket or in your hand because of its odd shape.
Its also a lil bit expensive, 390$ in my country.

I can get a Volcano from my healthcare provider, but I have to wait for my med use licence to be finalizied which will take some more months.

No opinions on the Legacy Pro? They might give me a discount. Since the TM is out of stock, its the only one I consider besides the Tafee you guys recommended. What are the major downsides when you compare the Legacy Pro to the Tafee?
It looks like the TM is back in stock, FYI!

I'm very impressed with the Legacy Pro. It's vapor output is not as fast or as dense as the Tafee, but it's advantages are the portability and the replaceable 18650 battery. The only "negative" to me is that loading and cleanup can be messy, requiring more care and maintenance than the Tafee. I got mine for $130 with the discount, but I believe it's a good buy at full price.

Personally I prefer the legacy pro over the TM. But not everyone will agree with my reasons. It all depends on how you intend to use them.

I would still potentially recommend/steer you away from the TinyMight. It’s by no means a bad device!
But it will require slightly more finesse than the Bowle to ‘get it to work optimally’.
The Bowle Just works, doesn’t matter if you load a little or a lot, inhale fast or slow, it’s consistently perfect and immensely flavorful vapor.
I agree with this, and the same drawbacks apply to the Legacy. Finesse, maintenance, fiddling required. Unless the Tafee's form factor is a dealbreaker for you, I think you'll find it to be worth the investment

Last edited:
RxPlorer,
Reactions: HughJass

HughJass

I’m glad we agree on the Bowle RxPlorer!
Sorry for crapping so hard on the Legacy Pro, I edited my response to remove my irrelevant thoughts on it. (As i don’t own one)
Those mostly came from Troys thoughts, talking about the Legacy-
“The airvape legacy is the best device on my do NOT buy list” -Troy

So the Pro may be better, but apparently it’s easy to combust in the original, which according to Troy “is like shitting your pants inside of a Dennys restaurant, this vape shits in your pants” :rofl:

For chronic pain breakthroughs Id be looking more at a desktop. Maybe a log.

When the pain flares up you’ll be glad to not have to deal with dead batteries.

This is a good point. I bought the classic and hybrid volcanos for this exact reason (batteries, and having a device that’s independent of the life of the batteries, when my bowle dies in a few years, back to the volcanos I go)

Log vapes are much cheaper and can sometimes be as good or better!

That being said, I have two volcanos, and I haven’t used them since I got the Bowle..
(And I almost exclusively consume at home)
The Bowle is (imho) Better than the volcanos, in almost every imaginable way.
Flavor is better, ease of use better/faster to use, and it doesn’t need to be tied to the wall to work.
It really is like having the power of a volcano in your palm, And if you leave it plugged in (use it like a volcano) it will never run out of battery :whoa: (until the batteries stop recharging in like 4 years)

Edit: the TinyMight is also great, since the battery is replaceable- you can basically have unlimited power (as long as you have a good charger and a few extra 18650s)

Last edited:
HughJass,

RxPlorer

I’m glad we agree on the Bowle RxPlorer!
Sorry for crapping so hard on the Legacy Pro, I edited my response to remove my irrelevant thoughts on it. (As i don’t own one)
Those mostly came from Troys thoughts, talking about the Legacy-

So the Pro may be better, but apparently it’s easy to combust in the original, which according to Troy “is like shitting your pants inside of a Dennys restaurant, this vape shits in your pants” :rofl:

This is a good point. I bought the classic and hybrid volcanos for this exact reason (batteries, and having a device that’s independent of the life of the batteries, when my bowle dies in a few years, back to the volcanos I go)

Log vapes are much cheaper and can sometimes be as good or better!

That being said, I have two volcanos, and I haven’t used them since I got the Bowle..
(And I almost exclusively consume at home)
The Bowle is (imho) Better than the volcanos, in almost every imaginable way.
Flavor is better, ease of use better/faster to use, and it doesn’t need to be tied to the wall to work.
It really is like having the power of a volcano in your palm, And if you leave it plugged in (use it like a volcano) it will never run out of battery :whoa: (until the batteries stop recharging in like 4 years)
I avoided the original legacy for good reason, though "Troy" wasn't a factor. The Pro is earning significantly better feedback.

RxPlorer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah not the case, even when they are out of stock, it's a pre-order for shipping within a week or two, and as it was said above, they also are actually in stock again now...

HughJass

It's not clear to me, but have you tried a tinymight?

No, not directly.
(I’ve talked to people with them and was (and still am*) this close 👌 to buying one)
*(once the Bowle honeymoon wears off)
The TinyMight has been on my list for a while, so I am aware that it is as much, if not more of a powerhouse (in some ways) than the Bowle.

Just talking about it triggers my VAS :drool:
And looking back- I decided to edit my original comment, as I definitely wasn’t giving it the credit it deserves—

Mostly due to the nature of this thread/request. I do still think the Bowle would be a better choice for someone dealing with chronic pain and wants ease of use.
I have also heard of a few issues that the TM can have and was slightly put off by some of them.
However, I do think the TM is the best of the vapes in this list, that the OP is interested in.

And looping back; I hope it helps!
Also I somehow missed that you are also a new member- Welcome!!
I hope whatever you go with- that you feel happy and confident in your choice, as well as receive effective relief!
:cheers:

Last edited:

noo22

Update June 10th: We're back in stock, will take a couple of days to ship all of the preorders..
Ouh okay, I see, nice. It's in the race again. I only realized now, there are two TM websites. The .com version (same link just different domain ext.) still says it's out of stock, thats why I thought it is.
I totally understand and I also made the mistake of judging and ignoring this fantastic machine for over a year because of it.
—I’ve spent maybe $3,000 on vapes and accessories and I would trade all of them for the Bowle/ (if I could go back I’d just buy half a dozen Bowle’s and be set for life)
It's my primary consideration rn

but it's advantages are the portability and the replaceable 18650 battery.
Oh yes, I forgot that - thats a plus for TM and LP

For chronic pain breakthroughs Id be looking more at a desktop.
I'll get one from my healthcare provider, it just takes a while.

Thank you guys
I'd really like, to just get every single Vape you guys mentioned in here....

I'll have to sleep a few days over this, to figure out which one to get for myself

sickmanfraud

That was my experience with the Legacy.

As another chronic pain patient, I suggest the Tinymight.

I also suggest that you resolve not to get involved with any portable that does not have easily swappable batteries. There are enough vapes available today that have swappable cells that I think it is foolish to depend on proprietary batteries.

The Bowle may be a great device, but I don't see how to predict a 4-year life cycle of a unit that has been on the market for 2 + years?

As I mentioned, I am a chronic pain patient also and I have never owned a log vape and never kept a vape plugged in 24/7.

We all have biases based on the vapes we own. If you get down to 2 or 3 then ask people who have and use both (all 3) their opinions.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
So the Pro may be better, but apparently it’s easy to combust in the original, which according to Troy “is like shitting your pants inside of a Dennys restaurant, this vape shits in your pants”
That was my experience with the Legacy.

Just for the record: it seems like the new Pro variant of the Legacy works much much better than the original and from what I just read on reddit, Troy actually worked with Airvape in order to eliminate the issues of the first version. Which is kinda cool I think.

Siebter,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
+1 on the bowle for a medical user. Ignore the goofy form factor. You could leave the cup behind and take it with you to use away from home (though it’ll never be a true portable imo). My understanding of battery wear and modern batteries is that if you’re keeping it topped up, you’re not actually hurting it at the chemical level, so while not replaceable in theory I imagine they’d last a while.

Tm is also great. I just think that the workflow when using it is a hair more complicated than the bowle. I’m not saying it’s difficult, but we’re here to split hairs 🙂. The bowle just seems easy and approachable to someone new to vapes.

This is a bit off topic, but while I dig what tafee is trying to do from a lifestyle pov (it’s at least neat to daydream about a rec legal state where I can join my colleagues at a happy hour with a vape and not be judged as an incorrigible stoner) the cup seems to be too off putting to their core market (which imo is kind of silly). They should consider getting the certifications that s&b had though. It seems like an amazing 100% convection/on demand medical device.

Top Bottom