First vape?

tatyiona

after reading posts on here I'm thinking I should try a pen first before I invest in a good portable. I don't smoke often just looking for something good and easy to use. Suggestions?

tatyiona,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
after reading posts on here I'm thinking I should try a pen first before I invest in a good portable.

Dear God, what makes you think that? Most dry herb "pen" vaporizers are HORRIBLE and absolutely the worst waste of money one can make

If you're on a tight budget and curious about 'testing' the waters, I suggest you go buy a Dynavap Vapcap - it's a simple vaporizer which actually works surprisingly well for the price.

But for the love of God, don't go buying a "pen vape" with the intention of using it for raw flowers

BadDog No

Don't prejudice your vape experience by going cheap. Pens are fine for concentrate I suppose but so many better choices for flowers. You're going to love vaping so get something nice. Everyone's choice for cheap, effective, and good? The current darling of the butane crowd: The DynaVap VapCap. You heat it until it clicks and then hit it. Little wait for the really nice ones though. You could just go crazy and jump on the bleeding edge with an RBT Milaana at around $180 from Planet Vape. Arizer Airs seem nice although again that pesky glass. Yeah start with the VapCap. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it...Unless you can find a nice used FireFly. ;)

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Best bang for buck around is the Flowermate IMO. I use the V5.0S with an Ed't TNT wooden mouthpiece. With the standard glass mouthpiece (mine shattered when it fell out of my pocket at a concert), it's $79 shipped from almost any site, though I got mine from puffitup.

It's arguably the most reasonably priced *safe* and effective vape, and frankly I love it. I started off with a dry herb pen that with shipping ended up being MORE and sucked miserably.

What really sold me was the response the Flowermates got on here. I knew that if this community was willing to get behind something it was worth it, and I am incredibly satisfied.

little maggie

I agree that you'd be better off getting a dynavap if money is a significant issue. I'd avoid the MFLB or Flowermate even though those are affordable. There are some good vapes under $150. The CF is $129 and the firewood is $145. Those are retail prices and you could get either for less than that with the FC discount.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
My thing is I don't want/need to carry around a heat source. Otherwise VapCap or Vapolution's travel vape would be my first choice. That's a personal preference, but for me, making the switch to vaping means I don't want to have to be reliant on fire anymore.

I am also not a fan of the MFLB. It's too much effort IMO. Pushing batteries, tiny chambers... I get why people love it, but its just not my taste.

little maggie

My thing is I don't want/need to carry around a heat source. Otherwise VapCap or Vapolution's travel vape would be my first choice. That's a personal preference, but for me, making the switch to vaping means I don't want to have to be reliant on fire anymore.

I am also not a fan of the MFLB. It's too much effort IMO. Pushing batteries, tiny chambers... I get why people love it, but its just not my taste.
The battery on the CF lasts longer than any other vape I own. Also the CS is great. Eric is on the board and responds quickly.
I left off the Milaana which is my current favorite because there is a wait.
The Haze is one of my favorites but more money and I left those off.
Just a side when you read threads about the above. To me they make these sound very complicated. They are not. They are very simple or I couldn't use them. A lot of people like to fine tune and perfect how they use the vape. That's where the complications come from.

little maggie,
Reactions: Vapenvy

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I suggest the Arizer Air its a portable which is small and easy to use. It's not the cheapest but it can be had for around $180. through @PuffItUp. A very well made unit that will help you to become a non cannabis smoker. With the smaller stem it looks pretty stealth.

It's adaptable even if you want to hook it up to a water tool. It is the skinnier younger sister of the Arizer Solo. A company with a well known name.

It has a user replaceable battery that last almost 1 hour before you have to charge it. You can buy as many extra batteries that you think you will need. Also you can charge the battery while in the unit.

Going with @PuffItUp you will get very good customer service from Randy the owner a good friend and sponsor here on FC.

Welcome to the new universe of vaporizing - you won't miss a thing switching over. You get better health and flavor while you enjoy our fav flower.

Here's a pic of mine up side down hooked to the j hook. It's pretty small. I have a WonG as the adapter. It might be a little more money than you want to spend but it will last you a long time. Not too many faulty units.

Last edited:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I have heard the CF and larger Flowermates (as the minis only have one battery) tend to last on the longer side of "eco" vapes.

My V5.0s tends to last me three full chambers, riding the 2nd and 3rd temp choice till its spent. That ends up outlasting me most nights, lol.

ButterflySky

Totally agree with Carol, Arizer Air or even Solo would be a great selection. Easy to use, great temp control, very efficient. I get unbelievable flavor, very medicated, just the right amounts. Feels like I am in control. The Air is more stealthily. Arizer vaporizers are made in Canada, well engineered and built. Many other good ones out there, buy a quality unit and you will not regret it.

BadDog No

The Air is a wonderful choice but the bugs are out of the Milaana and it has a superior heater with sub 10 second warmup times and crazy power. Both have the same wonderful class of batteries and rely on glass wands. If the Air had the Milaana's heater the world would be a perfect place and just out of respect the Forums would have to close. Alas not yet. Me I go for the hot rod everytime...;) Really think this new class of heater is a game changer. Oh and of course you get to go Steam Punk. Yes!

BadDog No,
Reactions: Vapenvy
I get vapepen batteries at dispensaries with disposable cartridges and 1/2 gram of oil for about $30-40. Those are very handy to have around, are easy to share and come in strain specific sativa, indica and hybrid. No training required - just take a hit.

However a proper vape for dry herb is another story and I agree with @yogoshio that a Flowermate v5.0s is a very good first vape and puffitup will take care of you right away: http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/
I have a V5.0, a Mini, a Pro and an Aura, and I'm happy with them all. I also have a MFLB, and while I think it produces superior vapor and is extremely efficient in it's use of herb, it does have a learning curve and is not the kind of device that is for use in a group.

archangelz001,
Reactions: yogoshio
Top Bottom