Aesthetically clean
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Be able to control temperature
- Glass Mouthpiece
I want to know what is best at the level of:
- Battery
- Reliability
- Compatible accessories (mini waterpipes, dosing capsules...)
- Possibility to use while charging
- vapour quality
- Combustion chamber size

Feel free to recommend other models close or under the given budget.

nms,

justcametomind

Your options are more/less clones of the same vape, Healthy Rips Fury. One has some sort of stir lever feature but
I'd get the original from vapefully.com (fury 2 or fury edge). No need to stir such a tiny bowl.
IMHO glass MPs are not things to look for, because the improvement in flavor is minimal and at the same time it makes your vape fragile and prone to being useless after just one bad drop.
I don't think Edge offers pass trough charging, I'm sure f2, which I own and love, doesn't.
Stating "Combustion chamber size" doesn't specify the size you would like it. All Fury models and clones have the same bowl size, which holds 125mg +/-. It's not big but I like it that way, in order to keep my tolerance low. The best thing (IMHO) is that F2/Edge and the clones you eyed, are capable of reaching vaping temperature in a few seconds, that lets you use it like an "on demand" vape, hitting once or twice and then switching off, with no rush to vape the whole bowl at once. This way, with a F2 in my pocket I have vaped almost everywhere, without anyone noticing. The vapor quality of F2 or Edge is not comparable to a Crafty or a Tinymight but is still decent, and I've been reading that Edge has a different heater and flavor is better.
I value the F2 as one of the best portable vapes, with the Edge improving on that, cleaning is easy, just buy a few gaskets and screens so you can switch them.
Both f2 and E. have capsules, I'd stay away from glass adapters on f2 because I broke one vape with a glass stem, dislodging the bowl while taking it away when still hot. IIRC Fury Edge has an accessory that comes in the box and the glass inserts don't have to go inside the bowl, so there's not this problem if you really want to use glass inserts.

Last edited:

BHOMG

I got the Boundless terp pen XL about a month ago and I love it so far. Fast charging and lasts awhile, big hits and easy temperature control. It doesn't perfectly match the specs you listed above but there's lots to love for $60. I bought mine online here but I'm not sure if they could ship to the UK.

BHOMG,
Reactions: nms

ginolicious

I would stay away from the vapes you listed. Those are all basically clones. You want a cheap vape, try the vivant ambit, Flowermate cap, vleaf go, healthy rips fury.

ginolicious,

Pablopicasso

I will suggest to European customers to don't buy directly from vivant but buy at European retailers due to tax at the border... Had a bad surprise.
+Ambit and fenix pro looking interesting but never tried.

Pablopicasso,

nms

Thank you for all your suggestions. Take notice that he is a tobacco addict and this will be his first vaping experience.

He is inclined for the fenix pro or aris because they are easier to get on europe.

If there is any additional advice it'd be very welcome. Appreciate the effort regardless.

LouLatsch

Thank you for all your suggestions. Take notice that he is a tobacco addict and this will be his first vaping experience.

He is inclined for the fenix pro or aris because they are easier to get on europe.

If there is any additional advice it'd be very welcome. Appreciate the effort regardless.
If there's any chance to bump up the budget i would recommend a mighty. Maybe the price will drop, when the mighty+ will be released.

I also quit smoking cigarettes and joints 3 years ago and switched to e-cigarettes (with nicotine) and vaporizers für the flowers. the quality of the mighty realyy helped to make me step away from joints with tobacco.

justcametomind

How much weed does he smoke? If he's a daily smoker of weed perhaps the vapes he chose are not enough and something like a Mighty would be a better choice. If one smokes a couple of joints in the weekends is a thing, if he smokes 4 joints a day is another.

justcametomind

He smokes weed a few times a week, daily tobacco.
If he's the kind of guy who smokes a whole joint in one session the Mighty is a better choice, if he only has a few hits the Edge or Fury 2 could be enough.
He should stick to the vape for the whole time, without going back to combustion. If he can do this for a couple of weeks, he may fuck combustion.
If he goes back to joints or cigarettes in the process (1 cigarette a day, 1 joint per week may seem acceptable) he may never abandon combustion. The body craves for the "hit" of combustion which consists on carcinogens (tar etc) more than nicotine or THC. He may experience vaping weed or e-cig "lacks something", that's because it lacks the nasty stuff he's hooked on.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The body craves for the "hit" of combustion which consists on carcinogens (tar etc) more than nicotine or THC. He may experience vaping weed or e-cig "lacks something", that's because it lacks the nasty stuff he's hooked on.

Nonsense. You don't get „hooked“ on carcinogens. What you crave for are substances (nicotine and / or thc in this case) and the experience you are used to (a smoking joint, throat hit, taste etc.).

Anyway, it is indeed wise to separate nicotine and thc consumption, a vaporizer can't do both.

ejackyou

Hamilton
Absolutely every patron of the cannabis plant owes themselves the purchase and use of a VapCap

I own a 'Volcano', 'Plenty' 'Solo II' and a few 'DynaVap' 'VapCaps', have used all for three years

The VapCaps never fail to blow me away! :smug:

High Quality! Made in USA!

The Arizer 'Solo' too, from Canada, is a fantastic, and very simple and service free vape, highest quality, clean vape path,
a powerhouse that can be used as 'home base' too, and, it 'belches'!

Merry Christmas Dance GIF by Noam Sussman

nms

Thank you all for your recommendations. My friend has already made his purchase! He purchased the Fenix Pro and seems to be happy about it.

On a side note, why is something made in the USA supposed to be better? I understand some countries, in the past(distant past) due to material availability and trade restrictions applied to other countries did not have the materials or workforce to build high quality things, so they end up with sub-standard products(particularly seen in many soviet countries during the soviet union for consumer items) but nowadays, it makes no sense. I mean it does maybe as a marketing line, but it's not the company repeating the line anymore :)

Gigsabits53

I hope he likes it but I would not have chosen that over any of the vapes mentioned here.
So many good choices out there now too. Lotus and Vapcap really sound like devices he would enjoy.

Gigsabits53,

Kins

Thank you all for your recommendations. My friend has already made his purchase! He purchased the Fenix Pro and seems to be happy about it.

On a side note, why is something made in the USA supposed to be better? I understand some countries, in the past(distant past) due to material availability and trade restrictions applied to other countries did not have the materials or workforce to build high quality things, so they end up with sub-standard products(particularly seen in many soviet countries during the soviet union for consumer items) but nowadays, it makes no sense. I mean it does maybe as a marketing line, but it's not the company repeating the line anymore :)

It's Chinese made products that a lot of well informed US citizens avoid. Also China is not a friend to the US. Plus a lot of people want to support US manufacturing over China. "We" want to keep manufacturing jobs in the United States. China already steals US based products by reverse engineering and selling the Chinese version for a lot less money. There are a lot less regulations in China regarding safety in manufacturing also.

Kins,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Those are all basically clones.
I always find this funny as all the units are made by one manufacturer for different sellers, Fury2, Fenix, The One etc.
why is something made in the USA supposed to be better?
It used to be, not so much anymore, pretty well only Americans keep saying it now, look at all the shitty throwaway cars they make, one glaring exception are Toyotas built in the USA, supposed to be very good. The Japanese are usually better at manufacturing that is why Browning and other manufactures get Miroku to build a lot of their guns.
The Mighty is the last vape I would recommend... an overpriced, fragile dinosaur, I have had 2 replaced under warranty and the latest screen is starting to dim already.
I also agree that a Dynavap is a good addition for a hard hitter cheap, made in the USA, I have about 10 different tips and they all fit slightly differently in my USA made WS, both of them have different sized heater circumferences...great US QC, just saying if was made in Japan they would be a lot more standard in size. :2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom