First vape for a (loong time) smoker

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
Hi @Tellus

same situation here: I've been smoking for >25y and I am now switching to vapes as much as possible.
Nicotine is indeed a b*#@h.

As lots of people already said, it takes some time and efforts to switch but, when there, you will always prefer vapor over smoke.

NOTA BENE: there is indeed a learning curve and/or an acquired taste in the process + you have to make your mind understand the difference between vape and smoke.

My first vape session was not nice (didn't know what I was doing), second was nice (starting to understand), from the third onward it's always been great.

To my experience, you can either go conduction or combustion.

I'd personally suggest to your friend something like an Arizer Solo 2 or the Xlux Roffu if you do not want to invest the money in a Crafty/Mighty. If you want a desktop to use at home, go for the Plenty or the (original) Volcano.

The Dynavap is cool as hell but it's more of a single hitter (starts to taste popcorn from the 2nd hit in my experience, sorry guys) and I find myself using it repeatedly: it turned out for me to be a gateway device to spliffs so I need to keep it under strict control. I basically now use it when the my Crafty+ is charging.

Hope my personal feedback helps but take it cum grano salis since vaping is absolutely personal!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

The Dynavap is cool as hell but it's more of a single hitter (starts to taste popcorn from the 2nd hit in my experience, sorry guys) and I find myself using it repeatedly: it turned out for me to be a gateway device to spliffs so I need to keep it under strict control. I basiucally now used it when the my Crafty+ is charging.
Interesting! Counterpoint: for me it was the opposite. After 40 yrs or so of mostly bong hits at home and joints or dugout hits outside, the Dynavap was the vape that converted me completely and I still use it daily. The flame skills you develop smoking--stopping a joint from running, cornering a bowl, etc--convert over easily to the skills needed to successfully roast a DV. The quality of the vapor--the warmth and thickness, mostly--mimic smoking and the effects are powerful, even with a single bowl. It's a go-to for a stony body buzz. Even hitting it is reminiscent of hitting a bowl or a joint.

I agree about the flavor, though the first hit is usually great and you'll face this issue with almost any vape you don't clear in one hit. I do use mine a few times over the course of a day (along with other more powerful vapes), but I do feel the impact of each and every bowl so I rarely do them back-to-back. It's not necessarily 'too little' even for daily users.

I bring it up not to disagree or suggest it's an end-game vape necessarily or even to suggest it for this user, but for the benefit of other users trying to convert, it's often recommended because it's so familiar. Same with bricks, for the most part.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
So my friend is now on the look out for black friday deals, I'm not sure when he will make the buy. But I can always update here when he does.

@NeoSteam85 Thanks for your input, yes it does help. There is always something to gain from by taking part of others experiences. And good luck with your own fuck combustion journey!
Btw have you read latin in school, or maybe law?

NeoSteam85

Women and Rhythm Section first
Hi

I hope you are all doing great.

@coolbreeze you are totally right, it's very personal and I think my reaction to the DV has more to do with my mind set and nicotine addiction than with the DV itself. It's a marvelous device to microdose which I am currently unable to 😭🤌🏼🥺

@Tellus , yes I got a MA in Classics 🙈🙉🙊

Have a great weekend everybody!

ABVGoodies!

I have both the Starry 4 and the Rouge SE. they’re apples to oranges.

The Starry 4 is gritty and I feel like I’m smoking beneath the bleachers with it. I use the silicone tip for the stem and the silicone glove, otherwise it’s too hot to hold. It gets goopy and you can scoop reclaim out of it or make stem milk.
Draws well. I was using the tins, but now I place a screen over the weed. I enjoy it (a lot, I wish it were around when I was 16) but it’s harsh on my lungs if I overdo it.

The Rogue is the Honda of vapes. Sturdy, dependable, easy to clean, works well with the tins. It gets you there in time with less wear and tear. I got a dimple stem with a bend and it’s delightful. It’s a clean and acceptible way to get started vaping. You can get a silicone cover for it to cover any lingering smells with the travel mouthpiece. That’s a nice option if I want to take it with me. I’d hate to smell.

So what I’m saying is get both eventually and use the Rouge as your daily driver, out and about. Get the Starry 4 for Saturday night because it packs a wallop.

ABVGoodies!,

MikaEmber

Hi @Tellus

same situation here: I've been smoking for >25y and I am now switching to vapes as much as possible.
Nicotine is indeed a b*#@h.
It's true that transitioning to vaping can take some time and get used to it, but many folks find it worth it in the end. The taste and experience are quite different from smoking, and it's a matter of giving it a chance.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I have both the Starry 4 and the Rouge SE. they’re apples to oranges.

The Starry 4 is gritty and I feel like I’m smoking beneath the bleachers with it. I use the silicone tip for the stem and the silicone glove, otherwise it’s too hot to hold. It gets goopy and you can scoop reclaim out of it or make stem milk.
Draws well. I was using the tins, but now I place a screen over the weed. I enjoy it (a lot, I wish it were around when I was 16) but it’s harsh on my lungs if I overdo it.

The Rogue is the Honda of vapes. Sturdy, dependable, easy to clean, works well with the tins. It gets you there in time with less wear and tear. I got a dimple stem with a bend and it’s delightful. It’s a clean and acceptible way to get started vaping. You can get a silicone cover for it to cover any lingering smells with the travel mouthpiece. That’s a nice option if I want to take it with me. I’d hate to smell.

So what I’m saying is get both eventually and use the Rouge as your daily driver, out and about. Get the Starry 4 for Saturday night because it packs a wallop.
Haha nice analogies, really succeeded in getting the feeling across. Thanks!

It's true that transitioning to vaping can take some time and get used to it, but many folks find it worth it in the end. The taste and experience are quite different from smoking, and it's a matter of giving it a chance.
True, it really is worth it in the end. Especially when you got a cold with that itchy throat and wanted a toke to feel better - that horrible feeling on your throat afterwards, that is gone now with vaping (yes I'm sick atm..)

@Tellus , yes I got a MA in Classics 🙈🙉🙊

Have a great weekend everybody!
Sounds fun! Wouldn't mind taking one myself, but maybe another lifetime :) And I hope you have a nice week

Tellus,

Durbandream

I used to be a heavy smoker, and it honestly depends how adamant your friend is about not smoking. I was ready to be done so the Arizer Air Max worked great for me because even though it isn't the most efficient vape the effects hit surprisingly hard, it had great flavor, a large battery and it's built like a tank so it can go anywhere.

That said, a Tinymight 2 would be the best option just because it's the most immediately satisfying. You can easily chain vape weed and forget you ever smoked before you bought it, and after using it for a while the $350 asking price seems like a bargain.

But, speaking of bargains, your friend could also buy a Terpcicle and some glass for less than $100 and get one of the most sublime vaping experiences he could ever ask for, it just isn't portable.

Durbandream,
Reactions: Tellus

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
fwiw the Dani Fusion cap and tip on a WPA & j-hook converted my smoking-for-35y+ neighbour

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Tellus
Top Bottom