first qwiso batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddibjr

I have never attempted qwiso before and wanted to try. I'm posting in the hopes I could get help, suggestions and tips to improve.

Heres what I did and results.
I hope it comes out decent.

1.I have a dry sift tumbler so 1st I use that to kief the popcorn nug shake mix.

2.I push that through another mesh screen made for dry sifting (higher quality screen forgot what size) with a card.

3. I then put the kief in a jar and put enough iso to cover.

4. I then put it in the freezer for 1 min.

5. I used a cooking strainer and 2 non bleached coffee filters to filter into jar.

6.I then put it in a pyrex glass wrapped that in suran wrap and poked plenty of holes and let it sit for 24 hrs in my closet.

freddibjr,
I would freeze my material for at least 2 hours and to be honest I don't think you need to take steps 1 and 2. Steps 3 and 4 are wrong imo. Follow step 3 and then proceed to shake the jar vigorously for exactly 30 seconds. After that I do recommend using a strainer but I suggest you pour your stuff from a strainer into a French press (coffee plunger). It will filter faster and improve your results. Also for your final step I also prefer to not apply heat for evaporation although many do. I use a regular room fan and put it as close to the stuff as possible. It should be completely evaporated within 2-3 hours depending on the weather. Try to put it near a window. I find a bit of natural breeze and sunlight help as well. Hope that is helpful. I'm no expert but have been doing some nice runs lately.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

freddibjr

The reason I do steps 1 and 2 is because of the quantity of shake I have to go through and im not so sure on the quality of alot of it either. This makes sure I start with about the same quality everytime.

Im interested in the french press but wouldnt no which one to get or how to use.

I have stayed away from using a fan for evaporation because they are dust magnets and will likely add pollutants but because of my 28 hr plus purge im thinking of other options.

Also I saw that you could use first only a strainer and let that sit to allow the thc heads to dissolve into the solution then filter regularly. Is this true?

freddibjr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom