First cart attempt. Input please :]

Icon_xof

For the vape mix I used .5g of decarbed (before run) winterized bho, 1.5ml propylene glycol, and .5ml veg glycerin. Double boiled at ~175° under constant stir via Dremel on a stand.

For the vaporizer I have a Skyda8 with a cartomizer that holds 1.6ml.

Initial notes: use more vg to pg. Throat hit is a little harsh. Increase potency. Sitting on about 25 puffs and holding a good, but not amazing buzz (but I do have a VERY high tolerance)
After 25 hits, my cart reads 1.4ml left, which should mean I can expect ~200 hits per cart.

So, any vets out there have any input?

Since pg, vg, and thc all have boiling points over 300°, would I get a better mix if I increase my heat to ~290°?
And
Would adding a couple ml of 190 proof grain alcohol help to combine the mix? The alcohol will boil out at 173° so it seems like it wouldn't hurt.

After sitting and cooling overnight the bho separated from the mix inside the cartomizer. Any way to prevent this?
Thanks!

Icon_xof,

Trever

In my experience its just way to much work with hardly anything to show for it. Alot easier in my own opinion to just get something that is "made" for vaporizing oils "Cera, Dabbler, etc" Makes for alot more pleasant and most of all medicating experience ;)

Trever,

Icon_xof

It's a lot of hassle but the providers I work with have several patients asking about portable vape cartridges. The quest continues...

Icon_xof,

Detonator

I been vaping ecig juice for a few years now, I wondered how they were mixing pg vg and co centrate. Now that I read this I think like the last post it is too much work.

I recently got a vape globe and a skillet. The vape globe is better but couldm still be re designed better. Ie feed hole in the globe. I got a few ideas.

Really what is needed is better coils and a way to get rid of the resin / reclaim without messing up electronics. I got more ideas.

In the ecig world the latest thing is re buildable attys and wrapping your own coils. I fell out of the know, and did not bother wrapping my own coils. Untill now. Now I want to look into this and I will soon have some answers. But I belive this is the direction portable concentrate via ecig battery mods will go.

My 2 cents

Detonator,
Reactions: Hoops

Icon_xof

Wow thanks for your ¢2, that's some handy info. I'll also look into custom building carts. All of this is a lot of work and research, but Ima geek by nature and I love learning about it and implementing that knowledge to develop delicious thc delicacies :]
The next thing I'm going to try is a polyfill cart I got from a local shop that fits my skyda8. Absorbing the mix into a medium like that should keep it from separating when it cools. I'll let you know how it works out.

Icon_xof,

Icon_xof

Now that is some righteously cool stuff right there :]
I think I'll try and grab one while it's on sale, if I can hustle up enough in time. I definitely wanna check that out and show it around =]

Icon_xof,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If you've got patients looking for refillable/disposable carts, and you're in California, have you looked into Pure Gold? I know it's not a homebrewed/made-from-us solution, but I believe Bob and Ataxian have had good results doing what I think you're trying to achieve with using PG. It is, unfortunately, a bit expensive. Around $60-70 a gram depending on where you're getting it...

Quetzalcoatl,

Icon_xof

Actually I'm over in Michigan, so we're a little behind y'all in the mmj arena. Pure gold huh? Sounds delicious if the potency is high as the price. I bet they use winterized bho as their concentrate. When I made some and evaped the ethanol out, the resulting oil wasn't amber, it was pure gold :p

Quetzalcoatl

Smokable PureGold contains 93% pure natural cannabinoids, comprised of approximately 87% Δ9 and other THC isomers, 2% CBG, 3% CBN, 1% CBD, along with 2% other terpenes. Smokable PureGold also includes 5% d-limonene, a naturally occurring terpene found in orange oil and other plants, including cannabis.

http://tetralabs.com/puregold.php

Quetzalcoatl,

Icon_xof

Very nice. Once I move things a little further along I'll have to look into finding a lab to run some sample analysis for me. Those are impressive figures though. I wonder if they use butane or if they have one of those fancy co2 setups?

Icon_xof,

Quetzalcoatl

Not sure, they use a bunch of steps that comply with California's "no solvent-based extracts" law (which means fuck-all here because there's soooo many collectives with BHO), probably all proprietary stuff. Have you considered doing tinctures, but instead, doing 2-4 soaks with the same tincture? As in, soak in PG, strain, then add more bud to the first-run PG tincture, to get it stronger, and then doing it again? That would probably be the easiest way to get something that works with cartos. I've got no real experience with tinctures, honestly, so I'm just throwing ideas out there for you. A good starting point for tinctures can be found in this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glycerin-tincture-for-vaping.9793/

Good luck! Let us know if you find anything worthwhile.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Haywood

Icon_xof

If I was going to go that route I'd prolly just do a bunch of first run no-grind qwiso with 190 proof everclear (something extremely handy that I try to never be without). It seems like a viable alternative if I can't get the potency I want with the bho. Thanks for getting my gears going, this is what forums are all about =]
The only other tincture mix I've made was with some super blonde whipped bho I blew and everclear. One eye dropper full with a shot and 45mins later your face just falls off XD
Thanks for the link, I'll def poke around it tonight.

Mr. Dabs

Nice find, Detonator! Those rebuildable bowls are cool, but pretty expensive...on sale for $40! Probably can source them directly out of one of the Chinese ecig companies for less, but still.

I can get the old school "one shot" skillet heaters for like 8 bucks each on eBay, so I'm not sure if the rebuildables are worth it. Really depends on the quality and how many times you can rebuild it. If I could source one for 20 bucks or less, I'd probably pick it up to experiment with, but when, on sale, the heaters sell for more than entire ecigs, one has to think about it for a bit.

Thing is, it should get really, really hot since it has two coils, especially if you use it with a Vamo or something that can safely drive the coils. Not sure if it would work well with my Dabbler battery or not. Probably really requires something more robust.

There are several iterations of these "Dabbler style" coils out already. Some have a deeper bowl than others. Some use a electric stove style round wrapped coil. Some don't use a wick.

I agree, the big issue with these things is getting clogged up with reclaim and then figuring out either cleaning them, tossing them, or rebuilding them.

Mr. Dabs,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
It's a lot of hassle but the providers I work with have several patients asking about portable vape cartridges. The quest continues...

I have been making e-cannabis oil for a little while now. I have been using RSO (concentrated decarbed cannabis oil) and mixing it with about 20-30% Propylene Glycol USP (food/medical grade PG USP). I have been putting it in my tank style e-cigarettes and indulging!

You can get a complete Dream Vapor Electronic Cigarette kit for $25.99. It is not the one I would recommend, but it is inexpensive enough to give it a try.

That is all I use now, RSO mixed with PG USP with an eGo-C Twist VV battery with a clearomizer, or my absolute favorite the itazte SVD by Innokin.

Grow Goddess,
Reactions: Mr. Dabs

Mr. Dabs

I have been making e-cannabis oil for a little while now. I have been using RSO (concentrated decarbed cannabis oil) and mixing it with about 20-30% Propylene Glycol USP (food/medical grade PG USP). I have been putting it in my tank style e-cigarettes and indulging!

You can get a complete Dream Vapor Electronic Cigarette kit for $25.99. It is not the one I would recommend, but it is inexpensive enough to give it a try.

That is all I use now, RSO mixed with PG USP with an eGo-C Twist VV battery with a clearomizer, or my absolute favorite the itazte SVD by Innokin.
This is actually what I would like to use as my "stealth" method.

I have two questions for you.

1) How does the potency of your solution compare to, say, the oils offered by Organa Labs in the O.Pen? I like the O.Pen, but it's a bit on the weak side. If I can make my own tinctures more potent, I'm all over this.

2) How do you get the RSO? Can I make this from dispensary purchased BHO or CO2 wax?

I like to vape bud at home and enjoy waxes "on the go" when I have the time to be stealth. The Organa Labs O.Pen is a nice idea, but overpriced and under (or at least inconsistant) potency. If I can make my own, as you do, with good results, then I really want to try this.

Thank you, Grow Goddess.

Mr. Dabs,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
This is actually what I would like to use as my "stealth" method.

I have two questions for you.

1) How does the potency of your solution compare to, say, the oils offered by Organa Labs in the O.Pen? I like the O.Pen, but it's a bit on the weak side. If I can make my own tinctures more potent, I'm all over this.

2) How do you get the RSO? Can I make this from dispensary purchased BHO or CO2 wax?

I like to vape bud at home and enjoy waxes "on the go" when I have the time to be stealth. The Organa Labs O.Pen is a nice idea, but overpriced and under (or at least inconsistant) potency. If I can make my own, as you do, with good results, then I really want to try this.

Thank you, Grow Goddess.

I am not familiar with Organa Labs. I am not really too familiar with waxes or BHO either. I have tried some, seen some, and read about them, but never made any.

I make my own RSO (concentrated cannabis oil), which is very potent. It is decarboxylized. I am not sure if the starting oil has to be decarbed for making the e-cannabis oil. I am thinking that it probably does though, because the heating elements in most of the portable vaporizers are meant to be saturated with liquid while in use so they don't get that hot when used right and vaporize at a lower temperature, especially if you use PG USP in you mix, the PG will also make it vaporize at a lower temp, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I am not sure what the best ways are to decarb BHO and other waxes. I have only done my oil the RSO way. Either way, it is worth a try.

Warm a little of you concentrate up in a spoon, say a 1/2 gram or so, as soon as it melts, remove from heat and add a few drops of PG USP to it. You can just stir it around with a toothpick. I just suck it up with a 1CC syringe and inject it into a iClear 16 clearomizer, attach it to a battery and you are all set to give it a try.

I like the eGo-C Twist for a basic battery. It has variable voltage. I like the 650mAh size. The USB charger is about $5.99. For about $45 you can have a good pen vape set up. The iClear 16's are rebuildable, the part is $2.99. I get all of my vaporizing equipment from High Desert Vapes.

If you want to really go cheap, you can pick up a Dream Vapor Electronic Cigarette complete kit for $25.99. No adjustable voltage battery though. It works pretty good the way it is though.

For potency, I use the best buds I have, the cream of the crop. All very well manicured and bone dry before I do the extraction. I do the basic frozen extraction using 99% isopropyl alcohol.

I hope this helps.

Grow Goddess,
Reactions: Mr. Dabs

Mr. Dabs

@ Grow Goddess - extremely helpful. I'm not necessarily wedded to making my extracts from concentrates, I just thought it might be easier. In actuality, learning the way you do it, I think I might just go the bud route myself. In fact, I'll no doubt try both.

I like your setup. The iClear's hold a LOT more liquid than the Organa labs do. I think they are basically using the Sapphire refillable cartos.

How do you decarboxylize your herb? I saw a dude making canna caps and he basically baked his in the oven for a bit. Is there a better way, or is that basically it?

Mr. Dabs,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
It is worth a try for anyone who has concentrates. All you need is a Dream Vapor Electronic Cigarette kit and some PG USP.

DreamVaporwithe-cannabissugarcakeflavor6-18-13026.jpg

For convenience and stealth, you can't beat it. It sucks, but I don't have a choice, I have to go stealth. Even though I am fully legal in Michigan, I do not want to be a victim. I go stealth all the way.
For $7.99 at High Desert Vapes they have carry cases for your vape. I can even fit my SVD vape in it. I put my regular e-ciggs in with it and I make sure I keep at least one clearomizer full of e-cannabis oil. That is like having a good premium 1/4 ounce ready to consume at the push of a button. I like to use the black tinted clearomizer because you cannot tell the color of the oil. How would LEO know that the clearomizer has e-cannabis in it? I can't even imagine why he would check, and if he did check, I am not sure he would know.
stealthe-cannabiskit6-27-13026.jpg

E-cannabiskitcamocase6-27-13024.jpg

One more....
toolsofthetrade6-27-13025.jpg

I don't vape with just anything...... :D

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
@ Grow Goddess - extremely helpful. I'm not necessarily wedded to making my extracts from concentrates, I just thought it might be easier. In actuality, learning the way you do it, I think I might just go the bud route myself. In fact, I'll no doubt try both.

I like your setup. The iClear's hold a LOT more liquid than the Organa labs do. I think they are basically using the Sapphire refillable cartos.

How do you decarboxylize your herb? I saw a dude making canna caps and he basically baked his in the oven for a bit. Is there a better way, or is that basically it?

I do not decarb the buds themselves. I make and use the oil. When making concentrates, I like my buds bone dry so I do not get extra moisture/water in the solvent. I do not want to strip the red oil from the buds, I only want the oil soluble components with THC.

I make my oil using the Rick Simpson method. It is explained in the video Run From the Cure, it is a YouTube video. Watch the video, I didn't believe it until I made it with the best buds I had. I heard of a cancer patient interested in an alternative treatment. I offered to treat him for free with the oil. He accepted after fighting Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer) for 11 years, bone marrow transplants, chemo, and radiation. Nothing would rid him of his cancer. I gave him the oil like Rick recommends. 6 months later, he was cancer free. It has been two years now, he has been taking small maintenance doses every day and he is still cancer free! Actually, the Rick Simpson process is patented by the Federal Government.

I have modified the method a bit and I try to use higher quality buds to make my oil. I follow Rick's directions. After stripping the buds with the solvent, I use a rice cooker to evaporate the solvent which also decarbs the oil. The final step, the remaining solvent is purged using a coffee cup warmer.

This is what it looks like almost done.
2013_03190036.jpg

Not in regards to vaping, only when eating the oil most of my patients do not care for it, they are a bit afraid of it. It can be very intense and is very difficult to judge how much to eat. With some people the size of a piece of uncooked rice is too much. The oil made top notch, eating a dose the size of a frozen pea can keep you stoned beyond your comprehension for 12 hours or more. People that have eaten a 1/2 gram ignorantly have been know to be high for 2 or 3 days. From the cream of my crops, bone dry, I average 4 grams of oil per ounce of bud.

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
I know it sounds crazy, making cancer go away with cannabis. I though it was crazy too. I thought it was crazy that a piece of rice size cannabis oil could blow your mind for hours. I never got a buzz from edibles before.

I have just been blessed by God. I don't know what it is, but since the first time I threw two cannabis seeds in the ground, all I have had is ganja. Can't explain it, but here is my cancer patient, my first one at least, the one I spoke of previously. He was caught off guard when this video was taken. One of the things that bothered him most, and I am happy to say it for him. He wished he would have said that he gave God the credit for his success in battling cancer and not giving credit to the Rick Simpson Oil.

Run From the Cure, this is what inspired me to treat a cancer patient.

There is a newer version of the RFTC video, but I did not notice a difference.

I am not standing here making the same claims as Rick does. I just tried it on some patients and had some luck with it.

dorkus_molorkus

grow goddess, I have been reading some of your stuff, here & elsewhere.

and I just gotta say wow!! I love your posts, pls keep doing what you are doing.
I know what I am doing for myself should I ever recieve bad doctor news.
Because maybe just maybe. its all true.
I know big pharma wont tell us, nor will they let us access it for a reasonable price.

I saw what they did to my mum with chemo, it nearly killed her 3 times, and of course the cancer got her in the end.

Not to me they dont. I would bathe in the stuff if I could (RSO)

anyhoo, I really appreciate your posts and I hope you enjoy your time on FC.:tup:

Mr. Dabs

Great info, Grow Goddess! You have a very nice collection of vaping accesories as well. I'm thinking that once I get this down and get into it, I'm going to get myself a VAMO. Until then, the battery from my Dabbler should work well enough.

I'm going to watch Run From the Cure a little later here.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
This may sound crazy but give this a try next time one of your oil jammys gets clogged up on you. Soak it in ISO. I can soak my 710 carts in ISO, then I wait 2 days at least just to be sure nothing is left in there after blowing through it a few times, plug it in and its good to go, not to mention you get some reclaim as well :)

DabComa,
Top Bottom