First Box Mod Questions

codyppc

First time posting, long time lurker.

I did a whole weekend worth of research, here on FC of course, and I’m still not sure if I’m ready to pull the trigger and make my order. In fact, I think I know what I want, but not completely sure on that one either. I have saved a bunch of links that I found of parts people have recommended as well as links to threads with great discussions on things like atty’s and coils. Before I make this purchase though, I would love to ask the group…

Does this look right? Does any one know a better place to get the parts cheaper? Should I be looking at a different part?

I know I want to vape my waxes. The coils / atomizers will either burn up, or not have enough juice to give good strong vape.

I was thinking I needed to get a TC Box Mod like the Joyetech eVic. I can find these as cheap as $32, but that doesn’t come with Batteries. I haven’t researched batteries yet.

I love the idea on TC units. Found out only certain coils can handle TC. Divine Tribe, being one of well loved manufactures here on FC, has won my favor. I think I want the DT2.5 ceramic donut with the SS coil wire for the TC.

I think I want a glass dome, but don’t know why. I know I need something for the vape to go into before the mouth piece. I also need, what I’m calling the atomizer. Still not 100% sure on how the ceramic bowl with ceramic donut with coils below it fit into the atomizer. I was going to buy this globe setup from DT with 2.5 ceramic donut. At least it was all together for me to see it for the first time.

I am a 45 year old construction worker. Built my AR-15, Build House’s, figured I can put this together. The right parts are the hard part. Thanks FC for all the help.

Cody

codyppc

I should also mention, I am not Stuck on joyetech or DT. I do however, love the idea of flashing firmware in order to get enhancements. I also love not burning up coils. TC vs VV and VW... I don't know enough to argue. I do understand the difference and TC set at perfect temp means no having to toggle button (heat) during hit. That just makes good since to me. This why i went the whole Box Mod Route.

I have also come across some RDA threads with rebuildable coils. I'm not against this and fell I could totally do this. It just seams a little more wasteful vs with a cup and coil. Still Learning though.

I dont make my own wax, so rationing is important. I want the ability to turn it down when I want a good tasty chill hit, but also be able to "Turn it up" every once in a while and "get it on". I think this Box Mod is for me. Just need to get parts right.

Thanks again, Cody

codyppc,

shredder

I should also mention, I am not Stuck on joyetech or DT. I do however, love the idea of flashing firmware in order to get enhancements. I also love not burning up coils. TC vs VV and VW... I don't know enough to argue. I do understand the difference and TC set at perfect temp means no having to toggle button (heat) during hit. That just makes good since to me. This why i went the whole Box Mod Route.

I have also come across some RDA threads with rebuildable coils. I'm not against this and fell I could totally do this. It just seams a little more wasteful vs with a cup and coil. Still Learning though.

I dont make my own wax, so rationing is important. I want the ability to turn it down when I want a good tasty chill hit, but also be able to "Turn it up" every once in a while and "get it on". I think this Box Mod is for me. Just need to get parts right.

Thanks again, Cody

Cody, is a portable the most important factor?

If not look at enails. Other than not being portable, an enail is a much better option imho. Taste, effects, everything.

I do have and occasionally use a pen vape for wax, but it's nothing like the enail. Pens have come a long way, but they still are not all that great yet.

Again my opinion, my best advice, but something to consider.

Top Bottom