First attempt at CannaABVbutter

justcametomind

It was a long journey but I made some ABVbutter following Hashmouf Recipe, with some adaptations since the original recipe calls for green, not ABV. So I decided to go like this:
Since I had to use ABV I used half the butter (only one stick) and twice the ABV/leafs I had.
Eb5vxaXl.jpg

So I used 25gr of ABV/leafs and 250gr of butter.
I strained it and after putting it in the fridge one night it looks like this. I'm pretty satisfied for a first attempt :)
1XNtDfXl.jpg

After having used the butter wet ABV, I decided to use it again, this time with 200gr. of butter for another go.
It came out pretty green as well! Here it is:

Wz2D9jql.jpg

My question is: how about my butter/abv ratio? Will my second batch be as potent as the first? I don't think so, but I hope at least I didn't burn all the 'noids with the second boiling.
The smell of my product is a lot like hash. Lol. Maybe because of more than some vaped pollen in the ABV mix.
The original recipe called for 500gr of butter and half an ounce of green, here.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Excellent work! My wife and I made our first batch of 'Vutter' today. Being new, I'm afraid I don't have enough experience to answer your question.

We're making some oil as I write this--perhaps for salad dressing or something.

I started vaping just over a year ago, and I've saved almost all the ABV, so we were able to make quite a bit of butter, and it appears quite strong. We made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and they're damn tasty. I just ate 1/2 a cookie, as I'm unsure how strong they are. The butter is very dark (steeped for 3 hours), so my guess is the cookies will be potent. I'll report back, if I'm not stoned off my little ass.

Cheers!

michaelstone

sooooo you never reported back...still baked? lol

im curious because i have a nice jar of abv to make brownies/cookies/butter something with....

justcametomind

I tried some of the second run and I think it works well enough. Unfortunately I went to bed pretty early and I was pretty much baked already by vaping. The taste is quite good, I tried it in a toast with some grated cheese over the butter. Lekker!

justcametomind,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
sooooo you never reported back...still baked? lol

im curious because i have a nice jar of abv to make brownies/cookies/butter something with....

Success!! It turned out really well. Didn't smell bad at all--in fact we liked the toasty aroma. We made brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with our butter/oil. We still have a lot left.

Eating one knocks us out for hours. Whereas my wife can't vape before bed because it keeps her awake, she had her best sleep after eating a cookie.

Good stuff!!

Reprojected

Hmm.... Brilliant minds think alike. I made my first batch of cannabutter a few days ago. About an ounce of scraps in a pound of butter. Two teaspoons for breakfast was modest affect ... maybe 4/10.

Reprojected,

justcametomind

Anyway with 4 grams of the second "wash" used as salad dressing I'm pretty baked.
I still have to test the first one but I'm pretty confidents on it to bo al least twice as potent I suppose.
So I think that as long as the ABV you put makes your butter green you can continue to have more and more butter. Next time I have 20gr of ABV I'd try to have at least a third stick whith it.

justcametomind,
Top Bottom