Firewood Vaporizer

yogie

Both are great if you get the capsule set with the capsule system (=4 bowls pre-loaded).
I have both and they are easy to handle on the go, but it depends a little on your preferences afterwards (personally I'm more of a fixed bowl like on the FW7 than a capsule).
In my head, I feel like doing a bowl, tapping it out when done and then pouring in herb might be easier than taking out a capsul and putting it back after.... I don't know

delta hotel

I've been thinking about retiring my working 7 for a 9. I love my 7 but my only gripe is needing to carry batteries if I'll be away for awhile. If I could just plug it in somewhere when it died, it'd be perfect.

I wasn't sure if the USB-C charging was enough to grab the new one, but at this price I'm going to try to land one.

yogie

I've been thinking about retiring my working 7 for a 9. I love my 7 but my only gripe is needing to carry batteries if I'll be away for awhile. If I could just plug it in somewhere when it died, it'd be perfect.

I wasn't sure if the USB-C charging was enough to grab the new one, but at this price I'm going to try to land one.
Bowl or capsul?

yogie,

yogie

Wow, they went fast!

I waited too long. 20 min!

I guess I'll have to wait until next week to try.

@Duba you go out for a hike, etc. Will you grab the capsule option or the bowl?

Last edited by a moderator:

delta hotel

The last two times I left for all day events and brought my FW7, I got there only to realize I brought it with dead or near dead batteries, and had no way to charge 18650s. I was considering a new portable vape to fix this, and of those, a FW9.

I'm really excited to have one of these on the way. My brother LOVES my 7, and is going to want it. I don't want to be greedy, but I kinda just want to retire it, it's still in fantastic shape and they aren't around anymore. Maybe I can talk him into ordering his own 9 during the sale.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow, they went fast!

I waited too long. 20 min!

I guess I'll have to wait until next week to try.

@Duba you go out for a hike, etc. Will you grab the capsule option or the bowl?

You don't have to wait!
If you try to buy and I am sold out before the new year you can request a discount code by sending an email to: sale@firewoodaroma.com

Remember after New Year's the price will go back up, so if you want to get one during this discount sale you just message him, they will be made to order...

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to go in now or wait until the next sale (420?!?)

Also thinking I should go for the capsules to give them a try, but I was just going to get three spare without the carry case actually...

The bowl option looks great like classic FW7, except you can take it apart to fully clean the chamber, however I believe the chamber is pretty deep within the oven so might want to be mindful of that for loading and unloading especially on the go??

Puddentain

You don't have to wait!

Remember after New Year's the price will go back up, so if you want to get one during this discount sale you just message him, they will be made to order...

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to go in now or wait until the next sale (420?!?)

Also thinking I should go for the capsules to give them a try, but I was just going to get three spare without the carry case actually...

The bowl option looks great like classic FW7, except you can take it apart to fully clean the chamber, however I believe the chamber is pretty deep within the oven so might want to be mindful of that for loading and unloading especially on the go??
I was about 15 minutes late as well. I had some accessories ready in the cart and got a family deal pop up at the magic moment tonight. I’ll try the email route!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I’d say go with the bowl model unless you are sure you want to use the capsules. I haven’t had any issues loading or unloading it, the tamping tool that’s build in is convenient. Get the stem adapter too so you don’t have to pay shipping to get it later, a lot of great options out there to use

I’ve been on a t break due to life for over a month but this Friday I’ll finally be able to try my new bb9 stem I got a few weeks ago

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

The capsule that ends up being the bowl is pretty deep, but the bowl kit adaptor ends up working as a solid funnel, so, as Sour Dream said, it's real easy to load/unload.

For me, it's easy: Get the capsule version with the bowl adaptor kit. Best of both worlds! Your FW9 is then the perfect vape for any usage model. And the current sale takes the sting out of buying both at the same time.

Having both options makes the FW9 the last vape you will ever need.

Until the FW10 comes out. :lol:

Zagala

Get the capsule version with the bowl adaptor kit. Best of both worlds! Your FW9 is then the perfect vape for any usage model.
Same option i took for my FW8, but i must admit that i have not used the bowl kit yet since i received it a while ago. Maybe because i don’t feel the need yet having the fun of my FW7, which i now ONLY use with the WPA.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Hey folks, quick question for those that have used both a fw9 and 7 or 8. How's battery life on the 9 compared to 7 or 8?

Tellus,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Hey folks, quick question for those that have used both a fw9 and 7 or 8. How's battery life on the 9 compared to 7 or 8?
Basically the same between the 7 and 9. I usually charge my battery after a session since both heat up significantly slower with a half charged cell, and a typical session leads to a 3/5 full battery. Main difference I’ve noticed is the 9 heats up and cools down faster but takes longer to extract than my 7 if I don’t take back to back hits.

Octavia,

popitup

I bought my FW9 in capsule mode, and later picked up a bowl mode kit. A warning to anyone using bowl mode; make sure you disassemble and inspect every dozen sessions or so. I got too comfortable with bowl mode, only to realize later resin had been collecting where the capsule and elbow touch. This is one of the reasons I ended up combusting.

In capsule mode, my capsules were regularly taken out, I did not experience the resin issue that way.

My other thought was that I'm not really getting many more hits in bowl mode. I'm not sure how others feel about this.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’ll be interested in seeing what you go with and how you like the fw9 vs the fw7. I’m still planning on getting a fw7 one day

Yeah since I have FW7 it feels like a good idea to try the capsules fully see if I can use it as out and about portable?

Used FW7 for the first time in a long while last night and it was quite nice! Although the flavor fades quickly for me now since I'm not good at cleaning it perfect lol Yeah using them in WPA mode (my original is still fused that way ha) though I would also want to get GVB WPA for the FW9 along with a brick cooling stem...

Definitely going to get one eventually, just not sure I can afford it now before the year is out

Edited to Add:
PXL-20231229-010642060.jpg

using it again now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom