Firewood Vaporizer

Zagala

The adapter works well, it connects snuggly to the Simrell. I use my MVS sometimes but it does not go all the way down.

Zagala,
Reactions: Vapomans

Vapomans

The adapter works well, it connects snuggly to the Simrell. I use my MVS sometimes but it does not go all the way down.
I just said that there’s a lot of wobble due to the taper of the simrell stem. You are of course free to do it anyway.

Alright, thanks guys! So we got one party stating it works well and that the adapter fits snuggly and one that thinks that they don’t fit too well. What’s the other people’s opinion in the thread of the fit of a MVS with the FW adapter? Bear in mind that a Simrell with a wooden body would cost me with around 220 usd with all the import taxes and fees. Is the stem with mouthpiece and condenser really worth that money?

Vapomans,

bobothevaper

Alright, thanks guys! So we got one party stating it works well and that the adapter fits snuggly and one that thinks that they don’t fit too well. What’s the other people’s opinion in the thread of the fit of a MVS with the FW adapter? Bear in mind that a Simrell with a wooden body would cost me with around 220 usd with all the import taxes and fees. Is the stem with mouthpiece and condenser really worth that money?
I think you are forcing this my guy. Feels like you aren’t thinking clearly. You don’t seem to grasp what people are telling you.

I don’t “think” a tapered simrell doesn’t fit well. I know it for a fact it doesn’t sit perfectly because I have one here in my hand. I even sent you a video of it wobbling.

Also I never said the adapter didn’t fit. It does fit. The glass adapter will fit the stem. This is the part you keep confusing.

I’m saying the stem wobbles because of the taper of the stem, it’s not as thick/wide as the space it sits in. You’d need to add more barrier around the insertion hole at the top or something to stabilize it.

And obviously the deeper the stem is inserted the more solid it stays but the whole point is that we pull the stem out a bit when we hit the damn thing making it wobble while inserted in the mouth.

I’m a big Simrell fan so by all means buy one if you want one. My point was just that you would have better value for money getting a stem that actually fits the width of the FW. One that’s wide enough where the adapter sits and where you put your mouth.

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I think you are forcing this my guy. Feels like you aren’t thinking clearly. You don’t seem to grasp what people are telling you.

I don’t “think” a tapered simrell doesn’t fit well. I know it for a fact it doesn’t sit perfectly because I have one here in my hand. I even sent you a video of it wobbling.

Also I never said the adapter didn’t fit. It does fit. The glass adapter will fit the stem. This is the part you keep confusing.

I’m saying the stem wobbles because of the taper of the stem, it’s not as thick/wide as the space it sits in. You’d need to add more barrier around the insertion hole at the top or something to stabilize it.

And obviously the deeper the stem is inserted the more solid it stays but the whole point is that we pull the stem out a bit when we hit the damn thing making it wobble while inserted in the mouth.

I’m a big Simrell fan so by all means buy one if you want one. My point was just that you would have better value for money getting a stem that actually fits the width of the FW. One that’s wide enough where the adapter sits and where you put your mouth.

Don't know about anyone else, but my FW8 (and maybe my 7?) came with little felt pads with adhesive backing that you could apply to the inside walls of the "insertion hole" for exactly this purpose - to eliminate wobble for stems with narrower diameters. Gotta believe Marc is still sending them with FW9s. Maybe yours are in the bottom of your box somewhere.

bobothevaper

Don't know about anyone else, but my FW8 (and maybe my 7?) came with little felt pads with adhesive backing that you could apply to the inside walls of the "insertion hole" for exactly this purpose - to eliminate wobble for stems with narrower diameters. Gotta believe Marc is still sending them with FW9s. Maybe yours are in the bottom of your box somewhere.

Nice tip. There aren’t any in my box but sure obviously modifications can be made to force things to fit better. And adhesive felt is available in any arts and crafts store. 🤙🏽

But then you would perhaps have to remove the felt if you then go and want to use a wider stem again or like to swap stems.

Either way the wobble doesn’t bother me since I already had the wood stem and I use it for dynavap tips mainly. But if I had to pay 220USD for a new stem specifically for the FW today I’d go for something that fit better with no carb hole and maybe then a diameter that would fit the stinger assembly so you could have the correct width and still use the Simrell inners and have a nice tapered mouth piece.

Vapomans

Wow that’s a very detailed explanation and I finally understood the issue. I don’t know why but I was not registering the word tapered and the meaning of it, but after reading your explanation it was very clear what you meant.

I actually got an extra felt in my package, but could be picked up at any arts and crafts store.

I’ll be ordering a custom stem instead that you can add Simrell mouthpiece and condenser to.

bobothevaper

Wow that’s a very detailed explanation and I finally understood the issue. I don’t know why but I was not registering the word tapered and the meaning of it, but after reading your explanation it was very clear what you meant.

I actually got an extra felt in my package, but could be picked up at any arts and crafts store.

I’ll be ordering a custom stem instead that you can add Simrell mouthpiece and condenser to.
I’m glad it made sense. I really do hope you get what you need. For what it’s worth I think simrell stinger assembly (mp - condenser - intercooler) on a custom stem without that taper sounds like a great idea. He recently made tapered mouth pieces which looks like they would be awesome for this job.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Figured out that the battery compartment contacts causing my issue with pressing the button and not getting feedback randomly. I noticed a while ago sometimes I put the battery in and the device doesn't respond after I put the battery door on. My battery door wasn't finished correctly and has scratched up all my battery wraps and caused the battery to shift into/away from the contacts.

Didnt realize this happened as well when I was using the device. I sanded the battery door which fixed that part but the contacts must be bent slightly or something

Trulukkyphrank

hello guys!! I use my firewood 8 since february daily and have no issues! I love it for outdoor use!! IMO the best real portable vape out there..

I try to answer some questions:

1. Stems: I tried some out, stock, gvb, bb9, revolve. Revolve stem with all features has the best cooling but the metal mutes the flavor for me a bit too much. I prefer the bricked gvb stem. This has for me the balance between cooling and flavor. But since gvb stems are handmade all have different airflow. I have 3 and they are quit different. I placed some more felt padding (we have such stuff at my workplace) and my mouthpiece sits now very tight but can still move in and out with a bit force! 100% recommend

2. hash: Hash on top of the bowl is one of my favorite feature of this vape. It gives some extra cloud power. I use it in capsule mode so it's very easy to place the hash on top. No mess in my experience

3. Button: afaik there is no big button issue. I read much about the firewood in different places and I only saw here one person with a broken button. My button has also some room to move which I like to adjust to the finger position.

4. mode: IME capsule mode has a bit better airflow than the bowl mode.

Hope this helps some new users here!

edit: the "no feeback error": I have this also from time to time. For me it happens when I take back to back hits and the device is hot. I think it's not an error it's more that the warm up is so short that the first vibrations for temp indications are at the same time as the warm up feedback so you get only the temp indication. After some hit's it's anyway warm and can be hit every moment when pushing the button.

Last edited:

PossumMD

Huh. I just combusted in my fw8. I did accidentally pack it w bit tight cos I'm pretty medicated. But still shouldn't have combusted surely.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yea that actually makes sense and would explain some of my lack of feedback while using it.

I’ll have to try out the capsule kit I see it in stock, the bowl kit is back in stock btw for anyone looking.

Anyone have any 3/8 screen recommendations? Saw someone use one of those metal filter screens with circular holes, any other interesting set ups?

Vapomans

Yea that actually makes sense and would explain some of my lack of feedback while using it.

I’ll have to try out the capsule kit I see it in stock, the bowl kit is back in stock btw for anyone looking.

Anyone have any 3/8 screen recommendations? Saw someone use one of those metal filter screens with circular holes, any other interesting set ups?
You most likely can find 3/8 screens over in the states if you’re located there, was able to find them on a bunch of American sites.

I had a very hard time finding 3/8 screens in the EU so had to order from China trough Ali.. and had to settle for 9,5mm screens. Are you allowed to post photos of what your ordered trough a vendor in this forum or links? Will happily provide those if anyone needs them!

Ps the ones you mentioned with holes in them, I ordered those too but they didn’t fit the capsule and were too rigid. Maybe it was just the brand I bought, but was my experience with those.

Last edited:

Vapomans

I’ve used the xl Simrell and that’s long enough but it’s so skinny that it knocks around in the moufpiece opening on my FW9. I’m hoping the Revolve that I have on order fits better.
Lets us know the outcome with some pics or vids please. I’m super curious!

Vapomans,

Vapomans

Yea thanks I know but $9 for 5 screens is goofy, was trying to see if anyone had recommendations on replacements

@Vapomans thanks yea it’s not hard finding that size wish I could find titanium screens in 3/8 tho
Really agree on the pricing of the screens Marc offers, but hey he’s just trying to earn like all other vape manufacturers. No hard feelings from my side at all over that.

Really agree on that point, was also trying to find titanium screens but was not able to find any in that size. My dream would be the same kind of screen with metal o-ring that the Tinymight uses in the bottom of the capsules but in the correct size ofc. The screens would most likely last longer then. My screens have already gotten so worn that they fall out when I lighty tamp a load.

moondog

Yea thanks I know but $9 for 5 screens is goofy, was trying to see if anyone had recommendations on replacements

@Vapomans thanks yea it’s not hard finding that size wish I could find titanium screens in 3/8 tho
Sorry. Didn't take the shipping charge into account. :doh:

I ordered mine along with something else, so it wasn't a factor.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Really agree on the pricing of the screens Marc offers, but hey he’s just trying to earn like all other vape manufacturers. No hard feelings from my side at all over that.

Really agree on that point, was also trying to find titanium screens but was not able to find any in that size. My dream would be the same kind of screen with metal o-ring that the Tinymight uses in the bottom of the capsules but in the correct size ofc. The screens would most likely last longer then. My screens have already gotten so worn that they fall out when I lighty tamp a load.

Yea mine are wearing down fast too
Sorry. Didn't take the shipping charge into account. :doh:

I ordered mine along with something else, so it wasn't a factor.
It’s all good yea it’s not too bad without shipping

Sour Dream,

Vapomans

Dammit. Combusted again. This is annoying. I'd had it a while and no issues...
That’s gotta suck. How’d the device to use after it combusted? I know how Dynas can taste after combusting..

I just received my second FW that was supposed to be my backup unit while I sent in my OG FW with the cracks in the oven, but on the new unit the battery door doesn’t close when a battery is insterted, a noticeable play between the units two sides and a large gap and it has a small hole in the battery compartment that my OG does not have. I’ve emailed Marc about it, to see what he says. But luckily no button issues on this one or a cracked oven. But makes me think if he checks the units he produces before sending them out? Would seem like a good thing to do, like standard QC. But maybe that’s hard when you’re a small manufacturer?

The “play” between the two sides:

Also recieved the Highartisian Rasta stem, love how it looks and feels when taking an inhalation. The cooling pills in the stem really cool a lot compared to stock stem. But the stem is so loose in the FW that is feels like it’s going to break. Will for sure have to get more felt to put in the opening. The adapter was hard to insert as well, but once set it really stays put tho, might look into changing the plastic on the adapter to o-rings. Anyone that has done this and can recommend o-ring size?

Video of the stem:
https://www.veed.io/embed/d9e29260-efa0-4901-aa01-7445879c968d

EDIT:

Marc already responded, the hole is normal and happens to a lot of devices. It’s so thin in that area that you could poke a hole trough any device in that are. Meaning be careful when you insert and take out batteries.

We agreed that I would sand down the door So I could start using the unit (which I’m completely fine with, but he did offer a replacement door that I declined).

Asked him about the wiggle now in my reply.

Firewood support and Marc are great! (Got an answer within an hour)

Last edited:

Trulukkyphrank

That’s gotta suck. How’d the device to use after it combusted? I know how Dynas can taste after combusting..

I just received my second FW that was supposed to be my backup unit while I sent in my OG FW with the cracks in the oven, but on the new unit the battery door doesn’t close when a battery is insterted, a noticeable play between the units two sides and a large gap and it has a small hole in the battery compartment that my OG does not have. I’ve emailed Marc about it, to see what he says. But luckily no button issues on this one or a cracked oven. But makes me think if he checks the units he produces before sending them out? Would seem like a good thing to do, like standard QC. But maybe that’s hard when you’re a small manufacturer?

The “play” between the two sides:

Also recieved the Highartisian Rasta stem, love how it looks and feels when taking an inhalation. The cooling pills in the stem really cool a lot compared to stock stem. But the stem is so loose in the FW that is feels like it’s going to break. Will for sure have to get more felt to put in the opening. The adapter was hard to insert as well, but once set it really stays put tho, might look into changing the plastic on the adapter to o-rings. Anyone that has done this and can recommend o-ring size?

Video of the stem:
https://www.veed.io/embed/d9e29260-efa0-4901-aa01-7445879c968d

EDIT:

Marc already responded, the hole is normal and happens to a lot of devices. It’s so thin in that area that you could poke a hole trough any device in that are. Meaning be careful when you insert and take out batteries.

We agreed that I would sand down the door So I could start using the unit (which I’m completely fine with, but he did offer a replacement door that I declined).

Asked him about the wiggle now in my reply.

I think differences are normal with a handmade wood build. This makes every unit special! I'm sure he makes QC and checks every device.. The battery packs of the firewood 8 have also some differences and one didn't as good as the first I got, but overtime it adjusted and now both are perfect fitting.

I hope you're Door fits after sanding. WI would try small steps, not that you sand too much in the first try.. I played with an older firewood too much with sanding lol

Vapomans

I think differences are normal with a handmade wood build. This makes every unit special! I'm sure he makes QC and checks every device.. The battery packs of the firewood 8 have also some differences and one didn't as good as the first I got, but overtime it adjusted and now both are perfect fitting.

I hope you're Door fits after sanding. WI would try small steps, not that you sand too much in the first try.. I played with an older firewood too much with sanding lol
Would there have been proper QC a device with above issues wouldnt have slipped trough, at least my opinion. I don’t write this in any negative way. Just a fact in my view. All his pieces are work of arts and very unique!

After talking with Marc over a few emails he explained his process and after making x (huge number) amount of devices he makes them by muscle memory basically and could have missed to check some since they “always” come out great when he checks them. Tbh I’d be the same way if I was manually producing units, muscle memory sets in and you do things without even thinking. Just human nature! I think I’m sadly enough too unaccustomed to handmade pieces when writing the post, and too accustomed to mass produced shite. A bit unfair might even be said or not in my previous post, not even sure anymore.

I can add that my gap was corrected by unscrewing the screws and reseating them solved the issue! The door I sanded on the inside with a dremel with a fine sandpaper and now it glides extremely nicely. So I’m a super happy customer :) Really loved the grain in the wood on this one.

I’ve also commissioned a wood stem with titanium inlay that will have Simrells flat mouthpiece and condenser plus a titanium adapter instead of the stock glass one from KgWoodCrafts, super stoked! Will be sending my device over for measurements and so fourth. So you’ll most likely be able to order FW 9 stems there later on… :)

moondog

I think differences are normal with a handmade wood build. This makes every unit special! I'm sure he makes QC and checks every device.

Agree 100%. I have no doubt that Marc checks every one before sending it out. But I understand it can certainly be unnerving when you're conducting that first inspection out of the box.

And THIS is why I only own Firewood vapes at this point and never worry when I find those oddities in a new Firewood.

Top Bottom