Firewood Vaporizer

popitup

Help me love this vape more. I'm trying really hard, but it's still not in my top three, which are TM2, Mighty+, and Revolve 2.

I have capsule, and bowl mode. Seeing more success with capsules, but compared with TM2/Mighty+, I find the capsules are more tedious, so I want to learn how to utilize bowl mode better.

I have 3 stems, stock, GVB, and BB9. I use a BCG with medium plate.

BB9 + bowl mode and a recycler, FREAKING RIPS. This is a great combo, but I can't go walking around town with this setup.

Dry though....

1. Stock stem is too hot for my weak ass, I'll be coughing on anything above a 1
2. GVB great cooling, but I have to pull way too hard in bowl mode, even with a loose pack
3. BB9 pretty close, I don't have to pull as hard as GVB, but still harder than I'd like even with a loose pack, I think it may be related to how deep the stem is going in. Does anyone use o-rings on the smaller part of the stem to keep it from going too deep into the elbow?

Firewood is still my main walk-around for its discrete form factor and quick warm-up time and big hits, but I want to love it more.

What's a good dry setup for bowl mode, and any general advice for me? Thank you.

StoneyBeached

My tracking number shipped today so excitement is growing for Thursday. I'll test it out a while before making any other purchases but was wondering if anyone knew if a Simrell Vortex would fit the FW9?

Edit: Read through the entire thread, seems like it will fit.

Last edited:

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
On Marcs request I dragged myself down to the royal mail depo at 8am this morning, doesn't sound tough but my mobility it's next to none currently with pain levels through the roof.
He'd mentioned previous parcels had got to the depo but not been scanned, nothing there unfortunately. Royal mail has now declared this a lost parcel, I actually knew the person on the desk from my time managing a local bank and they have showed me their system screens and took a photo for me, said from the scans they can see looks like it never actually left the US. Not received by customs or royal mail.

I asked Marc yesterday to enquire with USPS, as the recipient I can do very little. I hope this this fresh information he will contact them.

I know there will be those who are sick of these posts. And I apologise to some degree. Yes, they aren't vape usage based but I can't use the vape if it hasn't arrived and this is still part of the vapes experience however unsavoury it may be.

This is over 5 weeks from order and 4 and half weeks since I the last scan showed it was in the US.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
On Marcs request I dragged myself down to the royal mail depo at 8am this morning, doesn't sound tough but my mobility it's next to none currently with pain levels through the roof.
He'd mentioned previous parcels had got to the depo but not been scanned, nothing there unfortunately. Royal mail has now declared this a lost parcel, I actually knew the person on the desk from my time managing a local bank and they have showed me their system screens and took a photo for me, said from the scans they can see looks like it never actually left the US. Not received by customs or royal mail.

I asked Marc yesterday to enquire with USPS, as the recipient I can do very little. I hope this this fresh information he will contact them.

I know there will be those who are sick of these posts. And I apologise to some degree. Yes, they aren't vape usage based but I can't use the vape if it hasn't arrived and this is still part of the vapes experience however unsavoury it may be.

This is over 5 weeks from order and 4 and half weeks since I the last scan showed it was in the US.
It's okay to vent. I know how frustrating it is to be at the mercy of delivery infrastructure, especially when you're waiting on something that can help lighten the load of constant pain. I'm in a similar situation in terms of constant pain (although, from the sounds of it, not as severe) and it is a terrible, draining way to have to live.

I am confident Marc will do whatever he can in dealing with USPS. Don't give up.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
It's okay to vent. I know how frustrating it is to be at the mercy of delivery infrastructure, especially when you're waiting on something that can help lighten the load of constant pain. I'm in a similar situation in terms of constant pain (although, from the sounds of it, not as severe) and it is a terrible, draining way to have to live.

I am confident Marc will do whatever he can in dealing with USPS. Don't give up.
Thank you for being understanding of this. Life is not enjoyable currently and hasn't been for a while, I'm tired and frayed.

I know this is not Marcs fault, and I heard from another member that he was able to sort their lost parcel. It's just difficult to look on the bright side when you constantly feel in the shadows.

You are way more patient than me I’ll give you that, hope you don’t have to wait much longer
Again thank you for your kind words!
I have not been having an easy time waiting for this to be honest. First week or two was fine. Now it's like a constant claw in my mind. And as I'm not able to really move or do much of anything ATM there's not much to distract me from it. When I flare up my anxiety goes crazy anyway and my ASD spirals out of control so having this lost/missing/don't know where or what's happening just cranks everything up

I've emailed Marc this morning so hopefully I will hear something from him tomorrow

bobothevaper

My tracking number shipped today so excitement is growing for Thursday. I'll test it out a while before making any other purchases but was wondering if anyone knew if a Simrell Vortex would fit the FW9?

Edit: Read through the entire thread, seems like it will fit.
It does but there a fair amount of wobble included due to the taper

Coustu

Help me love this vape more. I'm trying really hard, but it's still not in my top three, which are TM2, Mighty+, and Revolve 2.

I have capsule, and bowl mode. Seeing more success with capsules, but compared with TM2/Mighty+, I find the capsules are more tedious, so I want to learn how to utilize bowl mode better.

I have 3 stems, stock, GVB, and BB9. I use a BCG with medium plate.

BB9 + bowl mode and a recycler, FREAKING RIPS. This is a great combo, but I can't go walking around town with this setup.

Dry though....

1. Stock stem is too hot for my weak ass, I'll be coughing on anything above a 1
2. GVB great cooling, but I have to pull way too hard in bowl mode, even with a loose pack
3. BB9 pretty close, I don't have to pull as hard as GVB, but still harder than I'd like even with a loose pack, I think it may be related to how deep the stem is going in. Does anyone use o-rings on the smaller part of the stem to keep it from going too deep into the elbow?

Firewood is still my main walk-around for its discrete form factor and quick warm-up time and big hits, but I want to love it more.

What's a good dry setup for bowl mode, and any general advice for me? Thank you.
I too find draw restriction to be the only kink in the armor of FW9!!! Love it otherwise! I actually feel like this is the DHV that I don’t ever want to leave the crib without!!! So you have a Revolve Gen 2? I read that stems that for dynavap will also fit FW. I’m wondering is using Revolve Gen 2 stem with adjustable air flow on FW might solve this problem. I don’t have a Revolve but if you have the stem adapter, give that a try and please report back! I just ordered the stem adapter (it’s back in stock!) so if this works I’ll be ordering a Revolve Stem for my own!

StoneyBeached

My firewood with bowl option arrived a day early, miracles can happen. First firewood I've ever owned and it really is a work of art. I've run 3 bowls through it and so far it's fantastic. I'm a higher temp guy, so I went to the factory preset 3 which is 420 and it hits hard. It is a restrictive draw but I am enjoying it quite a bit. I can't believe how dark it's gets the AVB without combusting. I will play around with temps for sure, but have to say I'm baked af right now. Excellent first impression.

popitup

I’m wondering is using Revolve Gen 2 stem with adjustable air flow on FW might solve this problem. I don’t have a Revolve but if you have the stem adapter, give that a try and please report back!

I haven't tried this yes, I will give it a shot. Is there anything special I should try with the pack in bowl mode? I don't seem to have the issue as bad in capsule mode.

DrGanjj

Still playing around with the different airflow settings, but I can confirm the MH Revolve stem does work well with the FW9. I tried it with both the 11mm no carb glass sleeve, and the standard 12mm carbed sleeve, and both worked. I ended up settling on the non carb sleeve for now, but may try the carbed option again so I can use the other airflow options. Cooling without the carb seems to be a slight improvement from stock, so I expect the carbed option on full cooling mode to be a significant increase (in cooling). Also worth noting that I had to use the felt square that came with the FW9 to prevent the stem from shifting around too much.

Also, question for anyone that has tried - how's bubble hash in the FW9 with bowl conversion? Thinking a nice dense bed of flower with some hash on top should work well, but I also don't want to gum everything up.

bobothevaper

I had major issues with combustion like I said earlier.

With default settings preset 1 should only be 340F but it kept heating for much longer. As if I never got the ‘up to temp’ vibration or at least 15-20 seconds heating.

Made me so confused and sad.

Well I went and changed the presets to

1: 330
2: 340
3: 400

Before the change it would go for up to 15 secs before it was up to temp on 340F.

After the change it goes to temp in five seconds.

Obviously everything is much better now. Like much, much better.

I don’t know why it did this, but if anyone has temp issues I’d say reconfigure the presets.

I cleaned everything which was fun and easy and I have a banging vape now. I absolutely love this thing. The whole vibe and ritual is super comfy.

Plenty of flavour and vapor and very easy to use. Love the capsules.

One thing. How do you replace the screens in the capsules? One of mine fell out.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I had major issues with combustion like I said earlier.

With default settings preset 1 should only be 340F but it kept heating for much longer. As if I never got the ‘up to temp’ vibration or at least 15-20 seconds heating.

Made me so confused and sad.

Well I went and changed the presets to

1: 330
2: 340
3: 400

Before the change it would go for up to 15 secs before it was up to temp on 340F.

After the change it goes to temp in five seconds.

Obviously everything is much better now. Like much, much better.

I don’t know why it did this, but if anyone has temp issues I’d say reconfigure the presets.

I cleaned everything which was fun and easy and I have a banging vape now. I absolutely love this thing. The whole vibe and ritual is super comfy.

Plenty of flavour and vapor and very easy to use. Love the capsules.

One thing. How do you replace the screens in the capsules? One of mine fell out.
That was weird about your presets. Glad you got it sorted out and that you're loving it.

I've had screens fall out. I just drop them back in from the top and then press them into place with my tamping tool, which is the plunger from a baby syringe. I think the screen of any one capsule has only fallen out once and then stays put once I replace them.

StoneyBeached

After 4 days with this vape I can definitely say I'm in love. I've yet to combust and get super dark vaped bud. The only fault is sometimes it kind of just does its own thing when I'm trying to switch up settings. I ordered a BB9 this week, not for cooling but for the wpa/mouthpiece. The standard stem is ok, but I feel like it's awkward to hit for some reason, like it needs a taper or something at the end. I added a dynavap fat mouthpiece I had lying around to the stock stem and its much better IMO. Anyone have any mouthpiece suggestions? I'd love to find something to top off a HA stem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone have any mouthpiece suggestions?

GVB does have a taper with his mouth pieces, different styles, but yeah there are a lot of people who make various mouthpieces, I think he sells some too from different places? For the regular stock stem any DynaVap mouthpiece should fit, Rogue waxworks has wood and acrylic ones available previously

StoneyBeached

GVB does have a taper with his mouth pieces, different styles, but yeah there are a lot of people who make various mouthpieces, I think he sells some too from different places? For the regular stock stem any DynaVap mouthpiece should fit, Rogue waxworks has wood and acrylic ones available previously
Thanks I'll check out GVB. I've seen the RWW acrylic and they are nice but they seem to all have condensers that looked a bit too long to fit dimple stock stern.

StoneyBeached,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've seen the RWW acrylic and they are nice but they seem to all have condensers that looked a bit too long to fit dimple stock stern.

He sells plain mouthpieces, I think I've seen them, like I have a TM mouthpiece from him, I don't see why he couldn't make the same thing for FW7-9 though he also makes FW7 stems I remember

Vapomans

Hey!

Realized that I was sooo wrong in my latest post after cleaning my unit. The part that gets soaked is the ceramic joint. So no wood that gets soaked :lol:

I’m looking for a Simrell stem for my FW as I want something a bit more durable than glass. Was thinking of getting the Simrell MVS shorty with flat mouthpiece. Anyone know if the shorty version is long enough? Or is it only the xl version that works? Will the adapter work with flat mouthpiece or will I need to use it without the mouthpiece?
If anyone has one and know if it works could report back I’d be supper happy. Looking to order while the got the BF sale going hehe.

@bobothevaper convinced me not to order a Simrell stem as they don’t really fit well. So looking for the best woodworker that could create the stem I’d like. Who is the best as building custom stems?

Last edited:
Vapomans,
Reactions: Orvaxxx
Top Bottom