Firewood Vaporizer

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Hey! Anyone know if this o-ring is removable or fixed in place? Having a hard time removing it for cleaning and don’t want to mess up the only joint I’ve got so thought I’d check with you guys before trying!

Btw finding very hard to clean the glass stem where it gets thinner, what’s your best tips on how to clean the glass stem?
Yea it’s removable it sits in a little indent so can be annoying to remove. I’ve been having the same issue with the glass stem. Nothin I do gets that part fully clean

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Hey! Anyone know if this o-ring is removable or fixed in place? Having a hard time removing it for cleaning and don’t want to mess up the only joint I’ve got so thought I’d check with you guys before trying!

Btw finding very hard to clean the glass stem where it gets thinner, what’s your best tips on how to clean the glass stem?

I don't try to remove the o-rings. I just hit them with an iso-soaked swab them while working on the rest of the elbow.

In terms of cleaning the stem: I put it in a Doob Tube, pour in some salt, add iso to fill the tube, cap it off, and give it a good shaking. Then I leave it to soak for awhile. A good rinse under the faucet finishes it off and then it air-dries.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
My Firewood 7 was lost in the (domestic) mail in 2020. I don't really remember the details, but I think, according to the tracking, it made it as far as my local delivery area, and then was never heard from again.

Once it was a week overdue, I entered a request with the postal service to investigate, and I emailed Marc about it. A couple weeks later, they confirmed the package was lost; I forwarded that to Marc, and he then sent a replacement.
Cool thanks for this. Marc did ask me to wait longer so I will try and wait till next week but that will be 6 weeks from order and 5 weeks from last shipping update

Yea it’s removable it sits in a little indent so can be annoying to remove. I’ve been having the same issue with the glass stem. Nothin I do gets that part fully clean
Don't mean to patronise!
You tried all the usual suspects?
Hot iso, boiling water and dish soap, I've found vinegar based window cleaners can be good or surprisingly some bathroon limescale sprays for really stubborn glass stains.

If not I may have to look at grabbing some dark crystal to try

Is it the whole small tube or is it where the welds are?

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Cool thanks for this. Marc did ask me to wait longer so I will try and wait till next week but that will be 6 weeks from order and 5 weeks from last shipping update

Don't mean to patronise!
You tried all the usual suspects?
Hot iso, boiling water and dish soap, I've found vinegar based window cleaners can be good or surprisingly some bathroon limescale sprays for really stubborn glass stains.

If not I may have to look at grabbing some dark crystal to try

Is it the whole small tube or is it where the welds are?
I have actually tried all those besides hot iso at least twice, iso + sea salt , vinegar + Dawn + boiling water on the stove. I don’t like the idea of heating iso at all so not trying that one, no knock to it I’ve heard others do it.

I’ve been thinking about buying dark crystal again but planning just to get an ultrasonic cleaner soon.

It’s the whole thing part that slots into the ceramic elbow. the glass stem adapter for 3rd party stems should be the same but I can fit a pointed qtip in that but not the glass stem so I’m guessing the diameter is a bit smaller on the glass stem

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
I have actually tried all those besides hot iso at least twice, iso + sea salt , vinegar + Dawn + boiling water on the stove. I don’t like the idea of heating iso at all so not trying that one, no knock to it I’ve heard others do it.

I’ve been thinking about buying dark crystal again but planning just to get an ultrasonic cleaner soon.

It’s the whole thing part that slots into the ceramic elbow. the glass stem adapter for 3rd party stems should be the same but I can fit a pointed qtip in that but not the glass stem so I’m guessing the diameter is a bit smaller on the glass stem
Yea I understand about the hot iso and why you'd rather not use it. Seems to be that the hot iso really does the trick with any of my glass or ceramic be it Chaz or burnt hash or reclaim or water stains ect.

Heard good things and seems good results on dyna tips and glass ware cleaning up with dark crystal, you have to heat this up too to get optimum effects but it's not toxic non alcoholic ect so shouldn't be a worry

That's interesting they're different sizes.
Maybe a tiny bottle brush or pipe cleaner? Ill need it on hand to see if the bits I have here fit

DanksideoftheG,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yea I understand about the hot iso and why you'd rather not use it. Seems to be that the hot iso really does the trick with any of my glass or ceramic be it Chaz or burnt hash or reclaim or water stains ect.

Heard good things and seems good results on dyna tips and glass ware cleaning up with dark crystal, you have to heat this up too to get optimum effects but it's not toxic non alcoholic ect so shouldn't be a worry

That's interesting they're different sizes.
Maybe a tiny bottle brush or pipe cleaner? Ill need it on hand to see if the bits I have here fit
It’s been about a year since I’ve last had some Dark Crystal but it did work really well, and yea it you have one thin enough it will work great

Here are some pictures of the new firewood stems that I made!

196212-C2-6-E50-4-FD0-80-E5-93888-D26-D234.jpg

8-E0-C95-D5-D457-4-A31-8-CC2-54-E2202-C9-ADF.jpg

A7960-BCC-A09-C-4982-9059-46493-DD885-D8.jpg

Vapomans

Here are some pictures of the new firewood stems that I made!

196212-C2-6-E50-4-FD0-80-E5-93888-D26-D234.jpg

8-E0-C95-D5-D457-4-A31-8-CC2-54-E2202-C9-ADF.jpg

A7960-BCC-A09-C-4982-9059-46493-DD885-D8.jpg
Will most likely order one or two, looks a LOT easier to clean than stock :)

Question though, can you with these push the stem all the way in so it doesn’t stick out? And how long can it become when fully extended without becoming too wiggly?
I don't try to remove the o-rings. I just hit them with an iso-soaked swab them while working on the rest of the elbow.

In terms of cleaning the stem: I put it in a Doob Tube, pour in some salt, add iso to fill the tube, cap it off, and give it a good shaking. Then I leave it to soak for awhile. A good rinse under the faucet finishes it off and then it air-dries.
Thanks for these awesome tips! I’ll most likely try to remove the o-ring next time, I’m waaay to anal with my cleaning regiment to let that sucker sit there without being able to reach in behind it.

Never tested to add salt to the iso, seems to me that would do the trick possibly. Will test next cleaning as well.

Stoked that it’s finally weekend so I can smoke hash all weekend, which the firewood handles extremely well if you sandwich it between som bud :sherlock:

EDIT:
Just ordered the Rasta cane stem. Fell in love with it and just needed to have it. Hoping the highartisian stem extends a bit further with the adapter than the stock stem.

Last edited:
Vapomans,

bobothevaper

EDIT:
Just ordered the Rasta cane stem. Fell in love with it and just needed to have it. Hoping the highartisian stem extends a bit further with the adapter than the stock stem.
Aww should have told me. Would have loved to piggy back on that order and joined you.

🥹🤗

bobothevaper,
  • Wow
Reactions: Vapomans

Roadkill615

The irony that the stem adapters are out of stock… was checking out and got the sold out message earlier. I had one in my cart waiting for the stems to drop.

Que sera, sera. At least I’ll have a stem for when they are in stock vs the other way around!

Roadkill615,

Coustu

That looks awesome, I did go with the bowl but will likely pick up the capsule plug and holder at some point.
At some point? Maan you better get it now. I delayed getting the adapter and went to get it yesterday and out of stock. Gotta get them while they’re here! I just ordered my capsule kit for this very reason.

Shipping Question.
At what point should I be worried that my shipment was lost?
My FW9 order was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. No status updates beyond In Transit.
Normal? Never bought something shipped by usps ground advantage. Wish there had been an option for faster shipping, I would have happily paid for it.

CougheeCakes,

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
My Firewood 7 was lost in the (domestic) mail in 2020. I don't really remember the details, but I think, according to the tracking, it made it as far as my local delivery area, and then was never heard from again.

Once it was a week overdue, I entered a request with the postal service to investigate, and I emailed Marc about it. A couple weeks later, they confirmed the package was lost; I forwarded that to Marc, and he then sent a replacement.
I've just checked with the local post service and as it's an international parcel any investigations or claims have to be made by the shipper through the original shipping company which is usps. So I will have to wait on Marc getting in contact with them when deemed lost. I'm at 29 days with no further tracking info currently and 5 weeks from order

My glass Charlie glass dyna stem arrived the other day so will have options in nice dimpled glass when my FW gets here

Last edited:
DanksideoftheG,
  • Love
Reactions: simba

bobothevaper

Question. Sometimes when I press to go I get the first vibration that indicates it’s on and then while holding I don’t get that second vibration indicating it’s ready. It heats too much and I get combustion. Anyone else tried this? Not getting the “up to temp” vibration signal?

bobothevaper,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Question. Sometimes when I press to go I get the first vibration that indicates it’s on and then while holding I don’t get that second vibration indicating it’s ready. It heats too much and I get combustion. Anyone else tried this? Not getting the “up to temp” vibration signal?
this doesn't seem right. On the Fw7, there is an option to make the Fw7 unregulated (by clicking 5x and leaving the last pressed.)
Then there's no more 2nd click. I don't know if it's still possible with the FW9 because I haven't tried it yet.
You could try re-setting your temperature preset to see.

Duba,

bobothevaper

this doesn't seem right. On the Fw7, there is an option to make the Fw7 unregulated (by clicking 5x and leaving the last pressed.)
Then there's no more 2nd click. I don't know if it's still possible with the FW9 because I haven't tried it yet.
You could try re-setting your temperature preset to see.
It’s weird because it doesn’t happen every time. So I’m thinking it’s user error?

bobothevaper,

moondog

It's easy to lose track of those buzzes. Especially when you're a couple of hits into a bowl.

When you first press and hold the button you should get a # of confirmation buzzes to indicate the heating preset you're using. If you're at level 2, you would get 2 buzzes when you first hold down the button.

When you say you are getting "the first vibration", does that mean you are using preset level 1?

What happens if you try a different preset level?

moondog,

bobothevaper

It's easy to lose track of those buzzes. Especially when you're a couple of hits into a bowl.

When you first press and hold the button you should get a # of confirmation buzzes to indicate the heating preset you're using. If you're at level 2, you would get 2 buzzes when you first hold down the button.

When you say you are getting "the first vibration", does that mean you are using preset level 1?

What happens if you try a different preset level?
On level one or two it’s the same. Like every other cycle I don’t get the ‘up to temp’ buzz. I do get the ‘im starting’ buzz which indicates the preset. But not the ‘up to temp, you can hit it now’ buzz.

Duba

Accessory Maker
It’s weird because it doesn’t happen every time. So I’m thinking it’s user error?
looks like a system error, no?

Otherwise, I can confirm the unregulated mode of the Fw9 : ClickX5 by staying pressed on the last one. I tested it as I use the Toad and it works very well.

moondog

On level one or two it’s the same. Like every other cycle I don’t get the ‘up to temp’ buzz. I do get the ‘im starting’ buzz which indicates the preset. But not the ‘up to temp, you can hit it now’ buzz.
Sounds like an email to Marc is in order.

Vapomans

Finally looked at them and seems to be different id/od between the two

What Stems are those? Or what did I miss?

Oh man, sounds like you’ve got an issue with your unit.. sorry to hear that.. I’d send it in to get it looked at Marc. You pay your own shipping back to him.

I’ve just noticed one thing with the air intake wood on my unit after using it as a daily driver since getting it, considering if it could eventually become an issue or if it just keeps the wood well oiled up in those parts? Could it start “leaking” eventually, get lint stuck and so fourth? Am I using the unit too much? :mental:

Need to find something to clean with in there.. Tips are welcomed!

Vapomans,
Top Bottom