Firewood Vaporizer

Vapomans

Hi, so I have been looked through this thread a bit and noticed that there is only this one thread for all firewood versions, are they that similar to each other? In how they function at least?
New models are basically developments on old designs as far as I’ve understood. The firewood 7 was more conduction than the 9 for example. Capsule system was introduced with the 8 and now he offers both options on the 9. I supposed he takes bits and pieces from each model that he tried to improve upon.

I have a question, what other aftermarket stems could be used for the Firewood? Is there an adapter you can buy? Haven’t really understood that whole thing tbh. Could someone please explain how I mount aftermarket stems on the firewood?

Vapomans,
Reactions: Tellus

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I have a question, what other aftermarket stems could be used for the Firewood? Is there an adapter you can buy? Haven’t really understood that whole thing tbh. Could someone please explain how I mount aftermarket stems on the firewood?
just asked last page
I just ordered the stem adapter any other good stem suggestions besides the revolve/bb9?
mad heaters rovlve, dyna bb8/9 any other dyna stem that fits the enclosure.
Im really enjoying the GoodVibesBoro firewood 9 stem, no adaptor needed. They don't seem to be in stock right meow though.

I picked this one up while I waited on my GVB order and it's fantastic. Very similar cooling to the GVB stem but will need a slightly larger o-ring than the one that came with your adaptor https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1257965386/mouthpiece-3d-100-mm-with-balls-healthy

With either of these stems I am able to speed extract a bowl on level 3 without any throat irritation.

Sorry about your button!

I have a glass stem with beads from High artisan that works great.

I haven't gotten my adapter or device back yet but he is supposed to ship them together so I'm going off of the images. As far as I know the adapter just slots in where the stem normally goes, you insert it in the 3rd party stem

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Dynavap style stems can fit, in the FW7 there was a smaller glass piece with silicone to connect to these stems, now he fuses that piece of glass to the stem so it is all one piece... GVB can make stems this way too, and you can buy those pieces from FW to try to mod any of your existing stems to fit...

bobothevaper

Hey!

Just got my Firewood 9 with the extra dosing capsules. It’s a work of art, absolutely love it. Although I have to admit I like the firewood 7 design better.

Had to sneak in a test while WFH as I couldn’t contain myself and damn what a beast it is. Perfectly cooked bowl. Only tested on preset one and I cleared the bowl on 4 draws. If I was to compare it to anything it reminds me of a bowl in the Dynavap, but a lot cleaner which is amazing. Love the smell and taste of wood it gives off.

Although I have one worry, as someone else had this misfortune. My button seems very skewed and like it’s going to break off. Emailed Marc and asked if I could order an extra button in case it breaks so I could service it myself. Really don’t want to ever put down this device again.

Hey man. Congrats on the fine piece. I hope you like it. It really sucks with the button thing. I'm getting all wound up here too now :-)

Please, in time, let us know how you like it.

Cheers

bobothevaper,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Vapomans

just asked last page

mad heaters rovlve, dyna bb8/9 any other dyna stem that fits the enclosure.

I haven't gotten my adapter or device back yet but he is supposed to ship them together so I'm going off of the images. As far as I know the adapter just slots in where the stem normally goes, you insert it in the 3rd party stem
Thanks! Will for sure be ordering other stems and the adapter.

Hey man. Congrats on the fine piece. I hope you like it. It really sucks with the button thing. I'm getting all wound up here too now :-)

Please, in time, let us know how you like it.

Cheers
I really like the unit! All bowls have been magnificent so far! Will continue to test. Presets that came with it seem to be really good in my opinion. Butt will ofc play around with it.

One thing I saw that concerned me but maybe I’m just being overl my worried. Seems to me that what holds the stainless steel is cracked. Is it supposed to look like this?

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I really like the unit! All bowls have been magnificent so far! Will continue to test. Presets that came with it seem to be really good in my opinion. Butt will ofc play around with it.

One thing I saw that concerned me but maybe I’m just being overl my worried. Seems to me that what holds the stainless steel is cracked. Is it supposed to look like this?
Glad you're enjoying it.

If I look at your photo and treat the oven as a clock face, it looks like you're talking about "cracks" that appear at about 4 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Is that what your referring to?

Sorry to have to say they sure look like cracks to me and mine does not have anything like that.

Don't despair! The unit is still functioning and what look like cracks might not be.

I would definitely send the photo to Marc in an email and ask him what he thinks.

BreadStick

Are quality issues with the FW9 common? Looking at the most recent couple of pages on this thread I've seen a broken button, a button that looks a bit skewed, a device that won't turn on and a cracked ceramic oven lining. I really like the look of the FW9 and love my FW7 but I'm having doubts now.

BreadStick,

moondog

Are quality issues with the FW9 common? Looking at the most recent couple of pages on this thread I've seen a broken button, a button that looks a bit skewed, a device that won't turn on and a cracked ceramic oven lining. I really like the look of the FW9 and love my FW7 but I'm having doubts now.
I would classify these anomalies as outliers. And Marc's customer service is world-class.

Vapomans

Glad you're enjoying it.

If I look at your photo and treat the oven as a clock face, it looks like you're talking about "cracks" that appear at about 4 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Is that what your referring to?

Sorry to have to say they sure look like cracks to me and mine does not have anything like that.

Don't despair! The unit is still functioning and what look like cracks might not be.

I would definitely send the photo to Marc in an email and ask him what he thinks.
Yeah I emailed him about the button this afternoon and already got a reply. Asked for a new button with my next order of capsules so I could change it myself instead of having to send it in, at least that was my original thought.. but I also asked about the cracks and those are not supposed to be there. He mentioned that they may not affect functionality and for that to be fixed I’d have to send it in. Think I’ll keep if for a week or two before sending it it. A few hours with it and already love it too much even with its imperfections.
I would classify these anomalies as outliers. And Marc's customer service is world-class.
Can attest to that. Got answers within hours. Better support than many large corporations offer. Btw is it normal in the US to pay for return shipping for a warranty repair? :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Btw is it normal in the US to pay for return shipping for a warranty repair? :)

Yep, although many provide labels, it is super common practice for return shipping in kind, where you pay to send it back in, then they pay to send it back to you again... You can find examples of both in any space including this industry though so yeah totally normal

Vapomans

Yep, although many provide labels, it is super common practice for return shipping in kind, where you pay to send it back in, then they pay to send it back to you again... You can find examples of both in any space including this industry though so yeah totally normal
Suspected that was the case. Business practices and laws are so different compared to firstly the Nordics that have extremely strict laws in regards to returns and then the eu that has a bit more favorable laws for the vendors compared to Nordics. Thanks for explaining!

I have seriously fallen even more in love with the unit since getting it. It’s a breeze to use. Super light and compact. Exchangeable batteries. You can run any size bowl trough it. You can clear a bowl super fast or choose to lower the temp and sip on it for a sesh.

I have already changed the presets from the standard to what I liked on the unit, which was considerably lower than stock presets. Which temps are you guys most favorite presets?

Vapomans

Level 1 = 365 or 370 (can't remember right now)
Level 2 = 380
Level 3 = 390
Damn that’s some high temps! I’m running:

Level 1: 330F/165C
Level 2: 350F/176C
Level 3: 370F/188C

Although in my opinion it feels like it runs hotter than advertised temps, anyone else feel like it does that? Or is it just the accumulated heat that in the ceramic that makes it feel like it runs hotter than advertised temp?

* are the presents that came with the device
R are my presets

BreadStick

Although in my opinion it feels like it runs hotter than advertised temps, anyone else feel like it does that? Or is it just the accumulated heat that in the ceramic that makes it feel like it runs hotter than advertised temp?

* are the presents that came with the device
R are my presets
My FW7 temps feel hotter than the same temps on other devices, I'm guessing the FW9 would be similar. It might be because of the ceramic or it might be a less calibrated controller than other devices. I think most manufacturers measure the resistance of the heating element and try to calibrate a temperature vs resistance curve so when the vape's controller reads X ohms it knows the element is roughly Y degrees (more temperature = more resistance and heating elements are basically big resistors). Marc might be using this same technique but is using broad ranges so the firewood will allow the device to get hotter before cutting power so setting to 370F could give an expected ohm reading of 0.7-1.0 ohms but 0.85 ohms is when the coil is exactly 370F.

moondog

Honestly, I can't even remember how I came to those. I've been using them on my Firewoods since I got my first FW4. (Yeah, I had more than one. I went a little nuts.) But I do know I put in a lot of research into the vaporization temps of various cannabinoids and terps. Now they're just habit. Once in a while I think about changing them up but then I hit the vape and the feeling passes. :lol:

Vapomans

I measured the device in case anyone else is wondering about the size of the unit like I did before receiving it.
Unit:
Length: 10,6cm (including glass that sticks out) without 10,3.
Height: 4,6cm
Depth: 2,6cm

Capsules:
Diameter: 1,4 cm at its widest
Height: 1,1-1,2cm

Worth noting that the capsules can be stacked on top of each other but will not fit inside each other as the diameter of the base is wider than the diameter of the top.

4 capsules stacked on each other: 4,4cm
3 capsules stacked on each other: 3,3cm

Last edited:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Anyone happen to know if Marc does FW7 repairs still? The haptic feedback is pretty soft now and was hoping to get the motor fixed up if it’s possible.

Vapomans

Just got my FW9 back, Marc received it Friday, shipped back Monday. Can’t complain the whole process was fast, thanks

Edit:

Pics with @tinctorus carbon fiber stem, gonna try it out for awhile since I can use it as a wpa

Glad you got yours back! Love that stem :mmmm:

Take my money💸 How is the fiberglass stem compared to stock glass?

Anyone know of a TI stem that fits the firewood adapter?

And lastly does anyone know of a custom maker that works both with glass and wood? Have an idea for the FW that I’d like to commission.

Last edited:

EarthworldTim

And lastly does anyone know of a custom maker that works both with glass and wood? Have an idea for the FW that I’d like to commission.
The rogue wax works makes titanium and acrylic stems but you'll likely have to special request one to be made unless he has a drop coming soon.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast

its good, just too long and doesnt really add any cooling

Sour Dream,

PossumMD

My FW7 temps feel hotter than the same temps on other devices, I'm guessing the FW9 would be similar. It might be because of the ceramic or it might be a less calibrated controller than other devices. I think most manufacturers measure the resistance of the heating element and try to calibrate a temperature vs resistance curve so when the vape's controller reads X ohms it knows the element is roughly Y degrees (more temperature = more resistance and heating elements are basically big resistors). Marc might be using this same technique but is using broad ranges so the firewood will allow the device to get hotter before cutting power so setting to 370F could give an expected ohm reading of 0.7-1.0 ohms but 0.85 ohms is when the coil is exactly 370F.
When did you get your 7 in the lifecycle of it? Cos early ones ran hot, to the point that they could be sent back in for a firmware update that cooled em down a bit.

BreadStick

When did you get your 7 in the lifecycle of it? Cos early ones ran hot, to the point that they could be sent back in for a firmware update that cooled em down a bit.
I got one the later models I think. It was the first of the models to start coming with the cover that fits the dyna stems but it still came with the og skinny glass stem with a bit of wood at the top.

BreadStick,

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Does anyone know if a ti and wooden sleeve vong will fit in the fw9 thinking of using as WPA. Not sure if too thick though

If not will be ordering longer Dyna glass wpa

Last edited:
DanksideoftheG,
Top Bottom