Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I checked at 8:01 seemed sold out already though I tried refreshing a bit through 8:05 and gave up lol Now that I see this here, after checking here at the same time before, it is sold out now Oh well I guess they went live somewhere between 8:05 and 8:15 sold out soon after or at least by now 20 minutes later... for posterity? lol

Vinter

Well I checked at 8:01 seemed sold out already though I tried refreshing a bit through 8:05 and gave up lol Now that I see this here, after checking here at the same time before, it is sold out now Oh well I guess they went live somewhere between 8:05 and 8:15 sold out soon after or at least by now 20 minutes later... for posterity? lol

Yeah, they went in a few minutes.

I think I'm gonna swap the new inside parts from the 9 into my 8 and throw it up with the 3 batteries.

checkyourlibido

HERE is another quick video for you fine folks out there. This device absolutely requires use of tweezers, but it's fairly straight-forward to use and maintain once the right tweezers are acquired. Overall, I'm liking this device. I'm not convinced it'll win the reach-test versus my 7s, but it is a super solid vape, just like its predecessors.
Is the lack of the capsule system the reason you prefer the 7?

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Yeah, they went in a few minutes.

I think I'm gonna swap the new inside parts from the 9 into my 8 and throw it up with the 3 batteries.
I guess we’re back to Firewoods being hard to get! 💪🏼 it’s very very clear where the vast majority of people stood on the battery situation, and it shows big time.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I guess we’re back to Firewoods being hard to get! 💪🏼 it’s very very clear where the vast majority of people stood on the battery situation, and it shows big time.
Didn't the 8s sell out that quickly each Sunday at first?

moondog,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I thought Marc was working through the Alphabet (early adopter) waitlist at the release of the 8? Plus he also only had mail in cheques at that time. I don’t recall seeing the firewoods actually being “Sold Out” until quite some time after the early adopter package was over.

I was in group B myself but decided to wait until I got the final call for early adopters, so I wasn’t following too closely. I very well could be wrong, but I’ve only seen the 8 sold out one time on the site so far.

Arawfish,

dog walker

I thought Marc was working through the Alphabet (early adopter) waitlist at the release of the 8? Plus he also only had mail in cheques at that time. I don’t recall seeing the firewoods actually being “Sold Out” until quite some time after the early adopter package was over.

I was in group B myself but decided to wait until I got the final call for early adopters, so I wasn’t following too closely. I very well could be wrong, but I’ve only seen the 8 sold out one time on the site so far.

This is my memory as well, but I don't monitor the site all that closely, so I'm not sure I would know if it were different. I just know for the 7 I had to play the Sunday night rush game, and for the 8 I just got an email announcement, and then another email when it was my turn to order.

Has anyone corresponded with Marc re: using the fw8 early adopter specials he offered (or otherwise know how to take advantage of those)?

dog walker,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

This is my memory as well, but I don't monitor the site all that closely, so I'm not sure I would know if it were different. I just know for the 7 I had to play the Sunday night rush game, and for the 8 I just got an email announcement, and then another email when it was my turn to order.

Has anyone corresponded with Marc re: using the fw8 early adopter specials he offered (or otherwise know how to take advantage of those)?

Maybe I'm thinking of the 7.

I emailed Marc yesterday about doing the trade-in but have yet to hear back.

moondog,

dog walker

I emailed Marc yesterday about doing the trade-in but have yet to hear back.

I have been playing it cool after expressing interest to him here, but watching the drop come and go last night made me a little itchier to figure out how to get my hands on a fw9...

I imagine he's working on it since there is obviously interest.

checkyourlibido

They'd probably sell out until the end of time if they sold 2 versions, one with and another without the capsule system.

I imagine this unit will be very popular either way now that the batteries are user replaceable. I have an alert set for Sundays, but I didn't pull the trigger, still not sure if I want to try for a used FW7 instead. Life is tough when there's so much awesome around me.

rosedale

Is the lack of the capsule system the reason you prefer the 7?

I think a lot of people were not thrilled about the proprietary batteries, myself included. I went ahead and got the 8 anyway and after months of usage, I don’t mind the battery nearly as much as the capsules. The capsules aren’t terrible but they get stuck, need time to cool down, and is make a mess. The whole system requires more parts and tools (tweezers aren’t mandatory but makes unloading noticeably easier) to keep track of. The 7 was just a simpler solution.

Vinter

I think a lot of people were not thrilled about the proprietary batteries, myself included. I went ahead and got the 8 anyway and after months of usage, I don’t mind the battery nearly as much as the capsules. The capsules aren’t terrible but they get stuck, need time to cool down, and is make a mess. The whole system requires more parts and tools (tweezers aren’t mandatory but makes unloading noticeably easier) to keep track of. The 7 was just a simpler solution.

I don't mind the batteries either actually and they'd be easy to repair on my own if needed BUT I have plans to have an artist customize mine and the solid body will be better for it so I upgraded.

Vinter,

checkyourlibido

I think I’d enjoy the capsule system of I used a portable more around the house or close to the house. But for a portable, using it on the go in NYC without a car and juggling stuff, it sounds like I’ll just shoot for an FW7, with less need for tools and capsules. But I’m sure other people love the capsules in a similar situation.

Though it really would be nice if there was an option to get the old style heater on the FW9, but I don’t know if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Dropping gets the job done, but the escalated risk of having a loose crumb or two get onto the coil irked me a lot more than having to deal with the tweezies. Something about those loose crumbs really grinds my gears haha.
very much agreed, I put my pointer finger over the top of the capsule and kind of step it down into the oven, only have had to remove once or twice pre-rip to retrieve crumbs

then after hit I dump capsule out into a tiny glass dish I have

not sure what I would do on the go but that's my home ritual

Top Bottom