Firewood Vaporizer

androponic

vaped.
Quick question, do the pieces slide out better over time, or should I give some wax on the rails to help it a bit. I don't want to force anything and have any chips happen. I figure since it's brand new everything is a little rugged and not smoothed over yet
on mine i beeswax/mineral oil the rails and interior of the unit and covers too. the finish that marc does is cool but its only the very outside of the unit. im sure its time consuming and he ships them protected from handling in general but i wanted to condition the surfaces inside and out. i use a small brush to get in the battery compartment and rail surfaces, etc. just be cautious to not get any on the ceramic pads, the brush helps here too.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm really enjoying the FW7 with a j-hook. It's the perfect vape for that setup, but its also great for on the go. Btw, on the go for me is either to play golf or just going to my garage :), I dont get out much. At home I use the wpa with my j-hook from RogueWaxWorks, when I leave I switch it to the regular form factor and use it that way.

I have not messed with the preset temps and I dont believe I will, at least for now. Most times I set it to level 3 from the start and go to town, no temp stepping at all. It works fabulous! The abv is consistent all the way through. The hybrid heating system works well. I'm just so pleasantly surprised by the FW7.
I thought it'd make a good golf vape and I'm glad you got the j-hook setup for home use. Crazy how big and dense the hits can be with a nice hook.

Changing the temps is really straightforward and just as easy to switch back: it's just four clicks and then you set the hundreds place and the tens place with the device buzzing back as confirmation. Although yeah, if you're just using it on high I'm not sure how much you'd appreciate the slower extraction in the three hundreds.

TeaCup

Quick question, do the pieces slide out better over time, or should I give some wax on the rails to help it a bit. I don't want to force anything and have any chips happen. I figure since it's brand new everything is a little rugged and not smoothed over yet

Just wanna add that when I do the inside rails it gets harder to open and close for a few days afterwards, which is why I only do the rails every once and a great while. Also, the solvent you choose, some could be better than others for the rails??

Oh, and is it doing this while the battery is in, or out? Battery in, and the underneath of the battery door can be lightly sanded down.

Vaporware

I haven’t put anything but my hands on mine and it is easier to slide than it was when I got it (Black Friday). The battery compartment is less tight too.

stonedmallone

Now I've only had my FW7 for a few days, but man how the hell can anyone choose between the Tinymight and this. I love them both already, and the FW really has a special charm to it, the feel it, the vapor, it's all top notch.

I'm glad I finally have both, because I don't know how I can choose.

TeaCup

Can someone please tell me the inner and outer dimensions of the silicone tubing Marc provides, I need some more. Thanks alot.

Nevermind, found it!! Buuuuuuut, I cannot find the size of the red o ring. Pleeeeease, somebody, anybody................Bueller??

TeaCup,

Vasgas

Sorry for you man, i was trying to buy one since march, but the eu shipping wasnt an option
Same here too. Been waiting for international.

What time did stock appear for you? Do you remember? I'm gonna take note for next Sunday.

Vasgas,
Reactions: BeeSawd
Same here too. Been waiting for international.

What time did stock appear for you? Do you remember? I'm gonna take note for next Sunday.
For me, it was within the 9:00 eastern minute - but I’m in the states.

She shows up sometime today, in theory, along with some of the molicell batteries that are recommended here - though I’ve also learned from here they might be a little tight.

“Holy fuck I’m baked off my ass” post incoming in a few hours.

Vaporware

For me, it was within the 9:00 eastern minute - but I’m in the states.

She shows up sometime today, in theory, along with some of the molicell batteries that are recommended here - though I’ve also learned from here they might be a little tight.

“Holy fuck I’m baked off my ass” post incoming in a few hours.

If they feel too tight and you have other 18650s you could try starting with one that’s slightly thinner, and if you’re afraid you might have trouble getting it out you can put a little piece of thin ribbon under it that you can use to pop it out. That does make it even tighter at first, but it may have helped to loosen mine a little.

I also realized after a while that part of the tightness came from the spring. While it’s new, make sure to push the battery up toward the spring as you pull it out or you could damage your battery’s wrapper. That part will also loosen up over time.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I also realized after a while that part of the tightness came from the spring. While it’s new, make sure to push the battery up toward the spring as you pull it out
I’ve used Molicels from the start and this is pretty much what I do. If you then lift straight up, the spring’s tight enough to pop the battery half out.

I find the Molicels aren’t too tight so much as they take a pretty specific angle to slide in.

Last edited:
Fiddling about a bit confirms what y’all are saying - seems the molicels fit fine. Frankly, without the heads up I wouldn’t notice an issue with the fit. Rocking another battery (stock cell from my old IQ, freshly charged - but old enough I wouldn’t count on it for daily use).

Part way into a bowl of Kush Mint Cookies on this thing - used a mighty dosing cap to load - waiting on scoops from RWW.

I dig it.

The vapor is cool & tasty and this is damn near instant on. The interface is pretty intuitive at first use for the stock settings with a fresh battery - I’ll have to memorize the balance.

Thank fuck it cools quickly or I’d be cooking flower needlessly half way through level 2…. Maybe I need to put in a little less next time lol.

Edit - one specific molicel fits spectacularly. The other one I’ve tried thus far is super snug - got kinda stuck.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fiddling about a bit confirms what y’all are saying - seems the molicels fit fine. Frankly, without the heads up I wouldn’t notice an issue with the fit. Rocking another battery (stock cell from my old IQ, freshly charged - but old enough I wouldn’t count on it for daily use).

Part way into a bowl of Kush Mint Cookies on this thing - used a mighty dosing cap to load - waiting on scoops from RWW.

I dig it.

The vapor is cool & tasty and this is damn near instant on. The interface is pretty intuitive at first use for the stock settings with a fresh battery - I’ll have to memorize the balance.

Thank fuck it cools quickly or I’d be cooking flower needlessly half way through level 2…. Maybe I need to put in a little less next time lol.

Haha yes less is more, try loading at most 3/4 full, it works great half full, even a quarter full is nice! Otherwise it might feel like the hits just don't stop coming lol

Haha yes less is more, try loading at most 3/4 full, it works great half full, even a quarter full is nice! Otherwise it might feel like the hits just don't stop coming lol
You ain’t kidding. I’m over an hour into my first bowl. She just won’t stop lol

but, that’s what I hoped this thing would let me do. Savor a bowl. Lots of hits or a few hits, it doesn’t matter. Kill a bowl in minutes, or over the course of half a day.

I doubt my mighty will see much use after this - though it’s ease of use does cast large shadows on the fw.

No funnel included in mine, btw - those that received one must have been part of a very small test run.

Vaporware

I’m glad to hear the Molicels aren’t as tight on yours! If anyone else gets a new FW7 and you have one of these batteries, please let us know how it fits.

Wooden items like this with such tight tolerances do vary, so it’s possible we just got a few tight ones months ago or he’s loosened up the compartments a little since then.

If we get more reports of them fitting without problems and no one else with a very tight fit then I’ll assume they’re okay on future units. :)

Allbusinessjr

I know it’s new toy OCD, but does anyone else have a unit with a wobbly button that doesn’t want to sit flush? Not the biggest deal, but seems like my thumb is always brushing against the edge of the button.

Allbusinessjr,
I’m glad to hear the Molicels aren’t as tight on yours! If anyone else gets a new FW7 and you have one of these batteries, please let us know how it fits.

Wooden items like this with such tight tolerances do vary, so it’s possible we just got a few tight ones months ago or he’s loosened up the compartments a little since then.

If we get more reports of them fitting without problems and no one else with a very tight fit then I’ll assume they’re okay on future units. :)
I just edited my post - one specific cell is a great fit. The others fit per other descriptions here.

attackpoints

I know it’s new toy OCD, but does anyone else have a unit with a wobbly button that doesn’t want to sit flush? Not the biggest deal, but seems like my thumb is always brushing against the edge of the button.
Depends what you mean, I think. My button will kind of rotate if I don't lift my finger completely when I'm done with a press, but it doesn't feel like it would wobble out of place really.

attackpoints,
Reactions: ezpz

Allbusinessjr

Depends what you mean, I think. My button will kind of rotate if I don't lift my finger completely when I'm done with a press, but it doesn't feel like it would wobble out of place really.
Ya, I think the better way to describe it is that one side of the button is lower/harder to press. Might need to send CS an email.

Allbusinessjr,
Top Bottom