Firewood Vaporizer

delta hotel

The series of vibrations you feel when you press the button does indicate the temp level it will heat to, and the single vibration that comes later indicates that it’s reached the set temp.

You can start drawing early, but it won’t be as hot for the first part of your draw. If it’s working for you though, that’s fine. :)
I was waiting a few seconds after the big initial buzz, then drawing and holding. I'll try waiting to draw until the delayed buzz, I think I was drawing too early, though I still enjoyed the hits I got.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes yes and keep inhaling after the cooldown vibration, particularly if you are at a higher temp setting, and/or a few hits into your bowl, the vapor can still be flowing after the cooldown vibration so I like to keep inhaling to fully clear mine...

Especially after a few hits the buzz to indicate it is at temp is very quick, so then I would say it is less important and you can begin drawing right away, of course you can begin drawing right away regardless, you are just causing the heater to work a little harder as you are cooling it down when it is trying to get to temp...

And don't forget, if you press it once, it will show you your battery level, if you press it twice it will show you which level temp you are on, if you press it thrice it will vibrate an amount corresponding to the temp setting of your level, and four times is how you adjust that temp setting... I found all of this was pretty clear in the manual btw :tup:

delta hotel

Yes yes and keep inhaling after the cooldown vibration, particularly if you are at a higher temp setting, and/or a few hits into your bowl, the vapor can still be flowing after the cooldown vibration so I like to keep inhaling to fully clear mine...

Especially after a few hits the buzz to indicate it is at temp is very quick, so then I would say it is less important and you can begin drawing right away, of course you can begin drawing right away regardless, you are just causing the heater to work a little harder as you are cooling it down when it is trying to get to temp...

And don't forget, if you press it once, it will show you your battery level, if you press it twice it will show you which level temp you are on, if you press it thrice it will vibrate an amount corresponding to the temp setting of your level, and four times is how you adjust that temp setting... I found all of this was pretty clear in the manual btw :tup:
I read the manual and understand all the other vibes and presses and tried to look again for the delayed buzz. It just said that it'd vibe when it was at temp, I think I was mistaking the oven on vibe as the at temp vibe. With this understanding, I'm about to try it again, thanks all!

EDIT: I was pleased with the hits I was getting, coming from a much weaker device, but after understanding those other vibrations I was able to get a much better hit, much easier at a lower temp! With a better understanding, I can work on my technique better.

Shit Snacks

I read the manual and understand all the other vibes and presses and tried to look again for the delayed buzz. It just said that it'd vibe when it was at temp, I think I was mistaking the oven on vibe as the at temp vibe. With this understanding, I'm about to try it again, thanks all!

EDIT: I was pleased with the hits I was getting, coming from a much weaker device, but after understanding those other vibrations I was able to get a much better hit, much easier at a lower temp! With a better understanding, I can work on my technique better.

Awesome dude! Yeah it is quite impressive at low temps even heating up from cold, just make sure it is fully warmed when you draw that first time especially... Also worth noting, if you begin the heating cycle, and let go, it will still always have the cooldown vibration even if it did not get to the warmed up vibration yet, so if I accidentally heat up at the wrong temp setting, I'll wait for the cooldown vibration, before I tap to heat again at my desired temp level...

Shit Snacks

Edit: browsing glass tonight and came across this on DHgate, SunshineStore always reliable seller, similar to those juice box rigs, nice to have a 14 mm male to connect to directly to FW7 with WPA??

I just got this piece, took about a month to arrive, but only cost $31 with these adapters, the actual piece ultimately uses a female connection though (that's why I got those colored heady male rigs on the way now)

PXL-20210730-190510543.jpg

I added the female to female onto my order, the male adapters were instead of combustion bowl and glass nail btw

PXL-20210730-192924638.jpg

Now I can finally use my FW7 on all my 14mm female pieces, with the 14-14 male to male adapter, I mean I already had one, but I don't remember where I put it exactly lol

PXL-20210730-195803904.jpg

^this is the way to use it, the drop-down adds a little cooling, keeps the water cleaner, and allows for more visibility of the vapor filling the piece with a nice smooth slow draw... Also very ergonomic holding with one hand, when letting go of the button can literally just hold it all in one hand including the FW7 if I turn it! Really satisfied with this piece more than I expected, nice thick glass, even joints, and quality perc... The mouthpiece is even decent, just a little short, I suggested for the next batch they try making it with a male connection so any female mouthpiece can be used instead. Yeah I think this is my favorite FW7 water piece yet in fact!:o:D

Someone in the cheap glass thread posted a link where you can buy this piece from a US reseller I believe fairly recently (month ago), it's a crowded thread, so sorry I can't be more specific! It was also only $25-35 ;)

Gigsabits53

I'm really enjoying the FW7 with a j-hook. It's the perfect vape for that setup, but its also great for on the go. Btw, on the go for me is either to play golf or just going to my garage :), I dont get out much. At home I use the wpa with my j-hook from RogueWaxWorks, when I leave I switch it to the regular form factor and use it that way.

I have not messed with the preset temps and I dont believe I will, at least for now. Most times I set it to level 3 from the start and go to town, no temp stepping at all. It works fabulous! The abv is consistent all the way through. The hybrid heating system works well. I'm just so pleasantly surprised by the FW7.

TeaCup

Can someone please tell me the inner and outer dimensions of the silicone tubing Marc provides, I need some more. Thanks alot.

TeaCup,

androponic

vaped.
Thank you brother! Gonna be trying my luck. Fingers crossed
they have been selling out by about 9:03 so best to work fast, create your account ahead of time if you dont already have one and add shipping address. i also add an accessory to my cart about 5 mins before and checkout all the way to adding payment info to get the age verification triggered once you complete that its good for an amount of time i noticed. dont pay yet then empty cart and stand by to drop time. keep refreshing on the item page then add the vape and checkout. if you want the wpa then add that to your cart right before drop time prior to adding the vape at 9pm. i have credit card number in a text file to just copy paste it in add name and expiry/cvc and pay now and booya! I did this and got a unit in each of the last two drops in a row.

Last edited:
As suggested by others on this thread and over at Reddit, I did what’s recommended:
*Set up an account prior to drop time - I think I set mine up on Saturday.
*earlier in the day on Sunday, add the WPA or another accessory to your cart
*a few minutes before drop time, refresh like it’s 1999.

I paid with my Apple Card because the ccv number is saved and it cuts a few seconds off the process - first time trying to order, I’ll have it on day 8.

SpaceVarmint

As suggested by others on this thread and over at Reddit, I did what’s recommended:
*Set up an account prior to drop time - I think I set mine up on Saturday.
*earlier in the day on Sunday, add the WPA or another accessory to your cart
*a few minutes before drop time, refresh like it’s 1999.

I paid with my Apple Card because the ccv number is saved and it cuts a few seconds off the process - first time trying to order, I’ll have it on day 8.
I mostly did the same last week. Mine will be here on day 8 as well. I'm hoping for an early delivery as it is sitting just four hours away right now but scheduled to be here Monday. I just used Chrome / Google Pay and filled in the CVV to authenticate it. The first time I tried (weeks ago) the same auto-fill process failed, and by the time I filled in a credit card number they were long gone.

You can also test-run the payment process earlier in the day with something like a stem in your cart. Just stop before you fully complete payment. I found that to be a worthwhile exercise in my case.

Last edited:
I mostly did the same last week. Mine will be here on day 8 as well. I'm hoping for an early delivery as it is sitting just four hours away right now but scheduled to be here Monday. I just used Chrome / Google Pay and filled in the CVV to authenticate it. The first time I tried (weeks ago) the same auto-fill process failed, and by the time I filled in a credit card number they were long gone.

You can also test-run the payment process earlier in the day with something like a stem in your cart. Just stop before you fully complete payment. I found that to be a worthwhile exercise in my case.
I’m hoping for an early delivery as well - I expect it’ll show up at the local distribution center in the next couple hours if it will. I’m in a major metro, so it’s not uncommon for something to show up a shipping day early.

Good tip on the payment processing - thought about trying something like that but I was way too baked to process much more than “9 eastern you’ll be given the opportunity to be $304 poorer”.

And be super stoked about it. 😁 Hope You enjoy your new toy.👍
Should I mention that earlier this week a DC Elev8r arrived?

I might need to make a “legal state” trip again earlier than expected with these new toys.

Def stoked about it, even if my bank account isn’t too thrilled.

So at this point, you’re not even getting an advantage, you’re just not being disadvantaged!
Pretty much. It’s almost like these places are good for something, eh?

stonedmallone

Quick question, do the pieces slide out better over time, or should I give some wax on the rails to help it a bit. I don't want to force anything and have any chips happen. I figure since it's brand new everything is a little rugged and not smoothed over yet

Top Bottom