Firewood Vaporizer

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Add cream or whole milk to tea or coffee and use your glass stem as a straw to drink it. The fat is the key - you need cream or milk like shitsnacks said - hot liquid alone won’t do it. Nice way to start a Saturday or Sunday morning!

Jah75

Do y'all reclaim honey from the stem? If so, what's your preferred method? I need to go through a cleaning soon and figure I don't wanna throw away all that good stuff.
nah - I just ISO and move on. Im not a big fan of edibles and Im not really interested in vaping that reclaim.

I might not be a good person to chime in though - I toss all my ABV too :smug:

Vaporware

It seems like it blew up from the Reddit hype.

I agree, but I think the Reddit hype started with a few users seeing us recommend it, and especially some people with extensive experience like @Shit Snacks putting it on a similar level to things like the TinyMight that blew up last year (maybe for the same reason?).

nah - I just ISO and move on. Im not a big fan of edibles and Im not really interested in vaping that reclaim.

I might not be a good person to chime in though - I toss all my ABV too :smug:

You might find a use for topicals. It’s easy to extract AVB into oil, and you can mix that it even just apply it directly. Helps me with sore/tight muscles, mosquito bites, etc.

Vaporware

My misuse (or lack of use) is more related to laziness than anything else :doh:

Not trying to shame you or anything, I’m not thrilled with the idea of ingesting AVB either. I just thought if you ever wanted to use a little of your AVB that would be a good way to use it. If not, you’re wasting less than if you smoked it I’m sure, so how can I complain? :lol:

west-elec

Before I was self sufficient I used to evaporate my cleaning AVB to use in a vape pen. Urrgh, it was gross and the high was not satisfying.
If you can swallow down AVB you've got a stronger stomach than me. That taste will overpower anything.
@Vaporware 's topical suggestion is a better idea.

west-elec,
Reactions: Jah75
Anyone heard of/tried this before? http://firewoodvapes.com/#

DSC_0289_1000.JPG

Saw this on Reddit and it looks interesting. I'm not sure how it works since the website is kind of vague. However, the specs include nichrome wire so I'm guessing it's convection based. It's being sold through Etsy so it's probably just someone's hobby. Priced at $100.
Firewood 7's been my go to for the last month and it doesn't disappoint! Incredible design and FUNCTION!!, wont disappoint!

west-elec

Fuck. I am sitting on a balcony looking over the beach, first holiday since covid. First time I haven't brought a desktop because I've got some nice portable options now. I diligently cleaned my 7 before we came so she was ready to serve, planning on it being the main machine. Then forgot to put the screen back in before we left. Fuck.
I brought my TB and TM so all is not lost, but get this. First session with the TM and the wpa stems makes a nasty crunchy sound going in, it doesn't look broken but it didn't sound good. Second session and the TM does some wierd buzz mid draw and shuts down. It restarts ok, 3 battery buzzes then does it again. Next time it works ok...Then I drop my 18/14 glass adaptor on the tile floor, it bounces 3 times and i catch it mid air, intact somehow, kudos elev8 glass. WPA doesn't fit in my hammer pipe without it and I didn't bring the cooling unit, that was close.

Ok no problem TB is no compromise. i run the first battery out, I plug it in and... no lights...all I get is knight rider...panic sets in...
Thanks to FC I knew about the reset, keep it together man, which seems to have sorted it, charging now. Fingers and toes crossed...
Am I jinxed or what?, i am convinced I am about to have a forced t break even though we are only here for the long weekend- if karma is out to get me then so be it.

Jah75

Fuck. I am sitting on a balcony looking over the beach, first holiday since covid. First time I haven't brought a desktop because I've got some nice portable options now. I diligently cleaned my 7 before we came so she was ready to serve, planning on it being the main machine. Then forgot to put the screen back in before we left. Fuck.
I brought my TB and TM so all is not lost, but get this. First session with the TM and the wpa stems makes a nasty crunchy sound going in, it doesn't look broken but it didn't sound good. Second session and the TM does some wierd buzz mid draw and shuts down. It restarts ok, 3 battery buzzes then does it again. Next time it works ok...Then I drop my 18/14 glass adaptor on the tile floor, it bounces 3 times and i catch it mid air, intact somehow, kudos elev8 glass. WPA doesn't fit in my hammer pipe without it and I didn't bring the cooling unit, that was close.

Ok no problem TB is no compromise. i run the first battery out, I plug it in and... no lights...all I get is knight rider...panic sets in...
Thanks to FC I knew about the reset, keep it together man, which seems to have sorted it, charging now. Fingers and toes crossed...
Am I jinxed or what?, i am convinced I am about to have a forced t break even though we are only here for the long weekend- if karma is out to get me then so be it.
if there is any chance that beach is a north Florida beach i can bring you a "pinch hitter" in the event of catastrophic failure :razz:

ezpz

I diligently cleaned my 7 before we came so she was ready to serve, planning on it being the main machine. Then forgot to put the screen back in before we left. Fuck.
I brought my TB and TM
What about a TB screen? Maybe you can MacGyver a screen for the Fw7 with a TB screen?

Next vacation, make sure to pack a VC. 😀

west-elec

if there is any chance that beach is a north Florida beach i can bring you a "pinch hitter" in the event of catastrophic failure :razz:
Thanks for the offer but I am a bit far for you to drop off. I am in Aus.
What about a TB screen? Maybe you can MacGyver a screen for the Fw7 with a TB screen?

Next vacation, make sure to pack a VC. 😀
Only brought one pot for the TB, so I would be robbing Peter. to pay Paul. Maybe on the last day. From now on the emergency VC stays in the kit.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Got a question about the FW4, and I know its a long shot, but I thought I would ask here in case anyone knew the answer or had any experience in fixing this. Basically, the FW4 is not recognizing any batteries. If I put the battery in wrong, it vibrates, but when I put it in right, it wont turn on at all. (Ive tried 6 different 18650s.)

I emailed Marc to see what he says, but thought I would reach out to the community too. Also, for the record, this is not a new device to me. Ive had it for over a year and a half. I was just feeling nostalgic and pulled it out for shits and giggles, but now it wont turn on. If anyone has a fix to this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

khelek41girl,
Reactions: djchexxx

Vaporware

@west-elec I don’t know what things are like where you are, but around here we have “smoke shops” all over the place. A lot of them just sell tobacco related products, but almost all of them sell screens large enough to fit a FW7 cheap. Like $1 for a package of several.

If there are shops like that where you are right now, you could either cut it down or just shape it to fit into the chamber. I‘d go with stainless steel over brass, and I think those are the most common you’d find at these places.

...of course by the time you read this your trip may be over... :rolleyes:

west-elec

@west-elec I don’t know what things are like where you are, but around here we have “smoke shops” all over the place. A lot of them just sell tobacco related products, but almost all of them sell screens large enough to fit a FW7 cheap. Like $1 for a package of several.

If there are shops like that where you are right now, you could either cut it down or just shape it to fit into the chamber. I‘d go with stainless steel over brass, and I think those are the most common you’d find at these places.

...of course by the time you read this your trip may be over... :rolleyes:
Yeah thanks anyway unfortunately back at work today. Luckily my scares with the other devices didn't amount to failures and really with a TM and a TB I should have been happy enough. But I still really missed the FW7.
Grew a new strain called Lemon Monter Bread, took first cured sample on the trip and wanted to try it in the 7. Urrgh so lemon, maybe too much...
2 minutes sold out this time- that is fast. Sorry to those who keep missing out. @chicago_animal you might be waiting awhile if the 7 is just taking off in popularity now. No-one who owns one is surprised, but sad it has come be as hard to get as a P80. I would prefer the TM system where he takes the order, but you wait for a build. At least customers aren't forced to do the check-in on time, rapid checkout clicking, only to be disappointed sold out. Not fun.

mario

I had a browser refresh on and slapped into my cart as fast as I could. I had my CC number copied to a sticky note on the screen. So the entire thing took me 15 seconds to complete.

My early days of ordering iPhone 4's back in the day has trained me well.

mahican

Impossibile to order from eu 😭 i was waiting 2 am to order one
If you're right on time I reckon it's easier to get them if you're not in the US, as you don't have to put any payment details in at checkout, you just select TransferWise as the payment option and the order goes through straight away. Then you have to send the actual payment later. I literally managed to place the order in under 10 seconds. You should also add your address to your firewood account so you don't have to type it in again.

Of course that was last week, so maybe I was a bit lucky and not so many people were trying

Top Bottom