Firewood Vaporizer

Kinick23

@BrianTL thanks dude just hit em up. I wasn’t sure what the presets were that came with the unit and didn’t want to jump in without knowing what they were set at. Hopefully it’s something I’m doing and not a defective unit, that would suck as I haven’t tried it yet.

Kinick23,
Reactions: BrianTL

Vaporware

In case you didn’t know, you can check the current temp by pressing the button 4 times fast. It will vibrate for the hundreds and then the tens, so if setting 1 is at the default 340, it will vibrate 3 times, pause and vibrate 4 times.

Make sure you check out the manual if you haven’t. It’s short and there’s some useful info in it. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: dimmusp

Jacer

Hey all! So I've been on the search for a true on the go vape for me, something I can take with me on walks/hikes that is on-demand, has removable battery, and minimal glass or glass protection to keep things safe in case of droppage. So far my search has led me here to the Firewood 7! How would y'all say that it performs for that function? Also, are there dosing pods for it? If not how much trouble is emptying/loading the bowl? Thank you in advance!

Jacer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey all! So I've been on the search for a true on the go vape for me, something I can take with me on walks/hikes that is on-demand, has removable battery, and minimal glass or glass protection to keep things safe in case of droppage. So far my search has led me here to the Firewood 7! How would y'all say that it performs for that function? Also, are there dosing pods for it? If not how much trouble is emptying/loading the bowl? Thank you in advance!

This is a phenomenal vape, but I don't think it is for you, your use case... No dosing pods, not the easiest for loading and unloading on the go, I don't think it would be too easy to use it on a hike, maybe when you find a clearing to sit down and chill with it... I think it could do okay on an easy slow walk, but I have not tried that yet (I am not leaving the house much at all now sooo lol) it is definitely very portable, compact and durable, but I would not think of it as an out and about, rugged hiking vape personally.

Ripstar

This is a phenomenal vape, but I don't think it is for you, your use case... No dosing pods, not the easiest for loading and unloading on the go, I don't think it would be too easy to use it on a hike, maybe when you find a clearing to sit down and chill with it... I think it could do okay on an easy slow walk, but I have not tried that yet (I am not leaving the house much at all now sooo lol) it is definitely very portable, compact and durable, but I would not think of it as an out and about, rugged hiking vape personally.
Definitely agree, if I do take it for hikes/walks, it's one fat bowl loaded ready to go and done after that. It's very portable and easy to tuck away but the reloading would be the tricky part. You would definitely want some tools with ya

Jacer

Okay sorry hike was probably the wrong word lol, think more of just a walk in the woods on some trails rather than an actual hike (I'm talking like mile or two max). Easy slow walk is really more my pace honestly, I take a lot of walks around my neighborhood and through a nature reserve close to me to keep myself from going insane right now haha. I originally got a Dreamwood Glow for this purpose (which I love don't get me wrong) but I found that shines with the glass piece so that's a no go for that purpose. Portable/compact/durable honestly sounds like what I'm looking for. I just need something on-demand that hits well with removeable batters that I can fit in my pocket. I will say the loading/unloading being a bit of a pain does detract from it a little bit though.

Definitely agree, if I do take it for hikes/walks, it's one fat bowl loaded ready to go and done after that. It's very portable and easy to tuck away but the reloading would be the tricky part. You would definitely want some tools with ya
Thanks for the insight! That doesn't sound too bad for me honestly, how many hits do you normally get out of a bowl like that? Currently I take cartridges on walks with me which is super convenient, but there is just something missing from the cartridge high for me when compared to vaping herb.

Vaporware

I think I’m usually getting ~10+ medium length draws on the lower or middle heat settings (340 and 380), but I don’t really count. It’s more than I personally need for a walk though.

Still I have reloaded while walking, and it’s not super easy but not all that hard if you have the right tools.

What I’ve personally used is a plastic tube or bag to blow it out into since I save AVB (just blow through the mouthpiece while it’s hot), and a VapCap to load (it fits comfortably inside the FW7’s bowl).

Not quite as easy as dosing capsules, but it also avoids the downsides of capsules and isn’t all that bad in my opinion.

Edit: Removed some redundant stuff and fixed the place where my brain shorted out.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay sorry hike was probably the wrong word lol, think more of just a walk in the woods on some trails rather than an actual hike (I'm talking like mile or two max). Easy slow walk is really more my pace honestly, I take a lot of walks around my neighborhood and through a nature reserve close to me to keep myself from going insane right now haha. I originally got a Dreamwood Glow for this purpose (which I love don't get me wrong) but I found that shines with the glass piece so that's a no go for that purpose. Portable/compact/durable honestly sounds like what I'm looking for. I just need something on-demand that hits well with removeable batters that I can fit in my pocket. I will say the loading/unloading being a bit of a pain does detract from it a little bit though.

Thanks for the insight! That doesn't sound too bad for me honestly, how many hits do you normally get out of a bowl like that? Currently I take cartridges on walks with me which is super convenient, but there is just something missing from the cartridge high for me when compared to vaping herb.

Ah, I see, I think you actually could do well with this in fact... Grab the hula stem with it!

Tombudster

Yeah, so.... it was the batteries. So far Molicel P26A > VTC5A for speed of heatup times. On some of them I couldn't even catch my breath before taking another hit. Haven't tried the 20S yet, but will when I'm done charging all 16 of these guys up.

It's insane to look back at my previous post and see how long the heatup times were. It went from 10-20 seconds to maybe 7-8 seconds max on first and almost immediate on secondary hits. I don't have to do any stupid puffing, don't have to do any weird breathing rituals, and I finally feel like I can share this with a friend (whenever the hell that will be). I'm hitting this sucker at 390 and loving life, massive choke out levels of vapor that rival my e-nano when done right. When my eyes water from the rip, that's when I know the magic happened.

I'd like to thank everyone for bearing with me here. I think we all learned something - that the problem can be some random curveball nobody really saw coming. In this case it was a 3-4 year old battery that I used from the e-cig days that had insane voltage sag. I'll probably still have some more questions at some point, but I think I'm cruising on right now.

west-elec

I have been on the same search for many years and agree with @shitsnacks the 7 isn't the holey grail for on the go loading.
But...if you are a grower or know one and have access to bubblehash then this is absolutely the vape for on the go. One bowl gets me 20+ massive hits with better than acceptable flavour throughout. And I mean massive, have to limit draws so I don't choke and it keeps it up throughout. First 2 have the terps but it doesn't sour like flowers hit over and over.
I can load in the morning and all I have in my pocket as I walk out the door is this tiny vape. No doob tube, no need to load on the go. No messy concentrates that would spill in a vape pen, the bubble is held safely screened waiting for you to hit the button.
Lower grade stuff that otherwise isn't very exciting is almost better. Full melt isn't what you want. Excellent for using up a byproduct that I had in the freezer going unused, now my favourite way to imbide.
For flowers I find the 7 extracts very fast and being a flavour chaser I am dumping after 2-3 hits so reloading becomes an issue, forget it out in the breeze.
I had decided the perfect traveller would never be found, but now I think this combo- the FW7 and lowish grade bubble- might be just about there...

west-elec

@west-elec How much are you loading? I might have some bubble hash around here somewhere...
You can drop in a spec and have a small session or load it full to the holes. Lower grade stuff goes through the grinder but more sticky stuff I just break up as small as possible with my fingers. Never had blockages or felt airflow issues. If I can press it a into proper hash easily by hand it might be a little too soft but I haven't tried the 'good' stuff yet. I've been too happy with results from the stuff you normally wouldn't bother to vape and I would be afraid it would flow down the mouthpiece if it was too high grade.
Be careful it is smooth enough so you don't notice how big your rip is until it is too late. Late in the session don't be afraid to ride the button between draws to really finish it off. I usually make a full bowl last 3 big sessions, 6 or 8 hits each, last hit with no button press for a cooldown.
You can't go wrong with this thing.
I should mention the vapcap is also able to deliver big bubble hash rips but I find after 2 or 3 hits I just cough my arse off. The repeated torch click heating seems to harsh it up bad. But with the 7 I can control it easily and not hack up a lung or cough at all.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

This could 100% work for a 1-2 mile walk....I do that often with my dog. I pack a nice bowl in it and take it with me, sometimes I finish before I come back and sometimes I dont! I live in a pretty busy neighborhood and dont have any issues hitting it walking down a sidewalk so I'm sure it will be work for you in that aspect.

Hits per load vary pretty much based on how much you put in and how big the hits are. Idk I probably average 5-10 depending on how I do it

rvarick

Anyone have issues with some of the commands not responding ? I just got it today and started updating the presets. Everything was working as stated in the quick setup when I updating temps for preset 1 and 2 but now the only thing that responds is changing preset with a quick click and hold or just straight holding down to engage heater. If I try one click for battery, 2 clicks to check current preset, 3 clicks to check temp or 4 clicks to change preset temps none are responding and same result after changing battery.
One thing to mention is you need to give the unit a second between commands. For instance, if you just changed temps, you won't be able to immediately hit the button and start a draw - nothing will happen (no buzz). This is the only time mine doesn't respond. You may already be doing this, plus not sure this sounds like what you described here; but wanted to share if helpful.

Yeah, so.... it was the batteries. So far Molicel P26A > VTC5A for speed of heatup times. On some of them I couldn't even catch my breath before taking another hit. Haven't tried the 20S yet, but will when I'm done charging all 16 of these guys up.

It's insane to look back at my previous post and see how long the heatup times were. It went from 10-20 seconds to maybe 7-8 seconds max on first and almost immediate on secondary hits. I don't have to do any stupid puffing, don't have to do any weird breathing rituals, and I finally feel like I can share this with a friend (whenever the hell that will be). I'm hitting this sucker at 390 and loving life, massive choke out levels of vapor that rival my e-nano when done right. When my eyes water from the rip, that's when I know the magic happened.

I'd like to thank everyone for bearing with me here. I think we all learned something - that the problem can be some random curveball nobody really saw coming. In this case it was a 3-4 year old battery that I used from the e-cig days that had insane voltage sag. I'll probably still have some more questions at some point, but I think I'm cruising on right now.
I (finally) started labeling my batteries with a sharpie so I know how old they're getting. That being said - what's the general recommendation on when to toss the older ones - 1 year, 2 years?

Also, I currently use a mix of Molicel P26A, Sony VCT5A and 5Ds, Samsung 25Rs, and a Samsung 20s with my Firewood 7. And sometimes an LG HG2 with my FW5, but I think this seems a bit weak for the FW 6 or 7 personally. All fit well for me at least.

I like the 5A, 5D and 25R for general use, and the 20A or the P80 for a little extra punch. The only battery I had "fit" issues with was a Sony VTC6 in my FW5. The battery door wouldn't close fully as the battery was noticeably wider. I finally figured this out trying to insert it into an Arizer Air, and the battery got stuck for a bit!

Last edited:

PossumMD

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm proficient at changing temps etc. I've stuck with the factory settings and it hasn't done me dirty since I started with it. Sometimes I turn my unit to the first preset, but it only takes a couple of attempts to turn it to the right one. Less than a minute. It's not hard. Can't comment on changing the temps for each preset though.

PossumMD,

Vaporware

I (finally) started labeling my batteries with a sharpie so I know how old they're getting. That being said - what's the general recommendation on when to toss the older ones - 1 year, 2 years?

I don’t have a lot of experience with these batteries yet, but I think you should notice reduced performance over time. When you try a new one next to an old one and notice a difference you find unacceptable, that’s when I’d replace it. That could be less than a year if you use charge and discharge the same battery multiple times a day, or it could be several years of lighter use.

Please remember though, these batteries have elements inside them that are toxic and rare/hard to replace, so it’s important to have them recycled instead of just tossing them in a landfill.

shatter-reality

Just coming to tell everyone that you can buy new wraps for your batteries online in a lot of different places super cheap. Just throw a thinner wrap on your battery. It’s shrink-wrap paper. Just make sure you have an insulator in the top. Plenty of YouTubes to see how to do it even using a bic lighter.

So I got my FW7 and after toying with a few bowls oh my god. Like the second I touched the thing it felt absolute luxury. I went and got a bunch of my old 1500mAh 30a batteries and several others to throw in my charger to get them up to see how well they rock in it. Reminds me of the good old days of mech-mods for nic vaping testing to see what batteries “hit the hardest”. 😂

Absolutely love this thing. Just. Yeah. It’s absolutely perfect for a handheld.

Edit: Oh shit was gonna ask. Anyone that has tried the FW7 WPA and a Dynavap BB9 which do you prefer? Also that Mistvape tip is mwah. That is my first and probably last stop if it works out well for those who are waiting to test them.

west-elec

I am comparing my original model (serial #014) with my backup that just arrived. I ended up talking myself into 2 backups actually to push the discount to 25%- it seemed quite reasonable at the time. Considering Marc will probably move on to a new model next year means the 7 will only be available for a short time so I am not sorry.
The new wooden mouthpiece slider is fixed to the glass with a silicone piece and the wood piece becomes the mouthpiece, rather than retracting like the OG. Clever solution to the complains of hot glass tip I guess, since the wood insulates a bit.
I haven't hit it yet, not really sure I want to. The wood feel on the lips doesnt have anywhere near the nice feel of the cooling tubes, which I love. Also long term hygiene-wise that wet wooden tip... not one to pass around in times of pandemic.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Just coming to tell everyone that you can buy new wraps for your batteries online in a lot of different places super cheap. Just throw a thinner wrap on your battery. It’s shrink-wrap paper. Just make sure you have an insulator in the top. Plenty of YouTubes to see how to do it even using a bic lighter.

So I got my FW7 and after toying with a few bowls oh my god. Like the second I touched the thing it felt absolute luxury. I went and got a bunch of my old 1500mAh 30a batteries and several others to throw in my charger to get them up to see how well they rock in it. Reminds me of the good old days of mech-mods for nic vaping testing to see what batteries “hit the hardest”. 😂

Absolutely love this thing. Just. Yeah. It’s absolutely perfect for a handheld.

Edit: Oh shit was gonna ask. Anyone that has tried the FW7 WPA and a Dynavap BB9 which do you prefer? Also that Mistvape tip is mwah. That is my first and probably last stop if it works out well for those who are waiting to test them.
The I've tried both the fw7 wpa and the BB9. There's not a lot of difference if you use it on a water pipe as far as the vapor is concerned. The big difference is the way the vape will sit on the pipe; horizontal for the wpa, vertical for the BB9 and this will change where the button is, so one configuration might be easier to press the button depending on the water pipe you use. The BB9 has the advantage of being a very good mouth piece all by itself, so you can start your session by drawing directly on the BB9 and finish it at a higher heat setting on the water pipe.

Jacer

This could 100% work for a 1-2 mile walk....I do that often with my dog. I pack a nice bowl in it and take it with me, sometimes I finish before I come back and sometimes I dont! I live in a pretty busy neighborhood and dont have any issues hitting it walking down a sidewalk so I'm sure it will be work for you in that aspect.

Hits per load vary pretty much based on how much you put in and how big the hits are. Idk I probably average 5-10 depending on how I do it
That's great to hear it's sounding more and more like this is the vape I'm looking for, even if it might not be perfect for the use case haha. Now just gotta convince myself to actually pull the trigger on it haha

shatter-reality

The I've tried both the fw7 wpa and the BB9. There's not a lot of difference if you use it on a water pipe as far as the vapor is concerned. The big difference is the way the vape will sit on the pipe; horizontal for the wpa, vertical for the BB9 and this will change where the button is, so one configuration might be easier to press the button depending on the water pipe you use. The BB9 has the advantage of being a very good mouth piece all by itself, so you can start your session by drawing directly on the BB9 and finish it at a higher heat setting on the water pipe.
OK that’s awesome to know then. I’ll probably get a BB9 over a FWPA just because I have a bit of Dynavap stuff. I’ve got a technique for the FW7 down but seeing it through water would help a lot, imo.

That's great to hear it's sounding more and more like this is the vape I'm looking for, even if it might not be perfect for the use case haha. Now just gotta convince myself to actually pull the trigger on it haha

Honestly just do it. I was so hesitant about spending on one but it was the first “artisanal” vape I had seen and Dynavaps really turned me on to on-demand. It’s so worth it how easy and quick it is to load a bowl and go or unload reload and go. And your herb goes a long way in the FW7. I’m gonna have to be careful with this thing until after I get my DWC spacebucket set up bc I can see myself easily going through an ounce in a week with this thing compared to an ounce in a month using just a Dynavap.

Jacer

OK that’s awesome to know then. I’ll probably get a BB9 over a FWPA just because I have a bit of Dynavap stuff. I’ve got a technique for the FW7 down but seeing it through water would help a lot, imo.

Honestly just do it. I was so hesitant about spending on one but it was the first “artisanal” vape I had seen and Dynavaps really turned me on to on-demand. It’s so worth it how easy and quick it is to load a bowl and go or unload reload and go. And your herb goes a long way in the FW7. I’m gonna have to be careful with this thing until after I get my DWC spacebucket set up bc I can see myself easily going through an ounce in a week with this thing compared to an ounce in a month using just a Dynavap.
Oh it's definitely not my first foray into artisanal vapes lol, but I'm feeling more and more like I'm going to. Probably just gonna see what my budget looks like after Christmas and make the decision. (side note does Firewood ever do sales? I assume there was a black friday one, but probably not one upcoming or anything.)

Top Bottom