Firewood Vaporizer

DRINKARIZONA

I've been rocking this bag from amazon as my little stash case for my firewood and dyna and its probably my favorite bag so far. The zipper pouch is decently smell resistant and fits the firewood along with the capsule set. I've been using this bag as my take-everywhere daily for about 5 months now and I haven't noticed any wear/scratches on the fw so I'm fairly confident in its ability to keep my little one pristine so long as its not dropped on a hard surface or anything. I'm def looking to switch out my dyna and torch with a mini j-hook after seeing the ones above

I found it here (if its a dead link im sry):

sickmanfraud

I've been rocking this bag from amazon as my little stash case for my firewood and dyna and its probably my favorite bag so far. The zipper pouch is decently smell resistant and fits the firewood along with the capsule set. I've been using this bag as my take-everywhere daily for about 5 months now and I haven't noticed any wear/scratches on the fw so I'm fairly confident in its ability to keep my little one pristine so long as its not dropped on a hard surface or anything. I'm def looking to switch out my dyna and torch with a mini j-hook after seeing the ones above

I found it here (if its a dead link im sry):

I notice that you have mentioned and shown a capsule cady while the bowl option is in use. Do you swap the capsules while using Bowl config?

Thanks for the Amazon link.

sickmanfraud,

FatOldEnt

I received my FW9 yesterday afternoon and was impressed! I loved my FW4 but it stopped working so I've been using my 2019 (I think) M. But damn was it nice to use a Firewood again!

I searched for info on doing a burnoff but I'm not sure I did it right. There seem to be lots of opinions on how long to do a burnoff but nothing in the included documentation or in Marc's FAQ about his recommended procedure. How long did you so do the initial burnoff? How long do you do burnoffs after cleaning the ceramic bits?

I think I did two 30 second burnoffs once I figured out how to do the unregulated heating and then it was time to try it. Can someone confirm how to do the unregulated setting? 5 quick presses then hold -or- 4 quick presses then hold?

My first session was a half packed capsule just to test with. I followed the instructions and started on the first preset. After the first heat up, the 9 seemed to buzz that it had reached temp about 2 seconds after the buzzes you get when pressing the button to activate the heater. Is that what others are experiencing as well? I was able to pull another 1-2 hits with vapor after letting go of the button.

I'm really looking forward to finding a routine with the capsules but I think I'll try the bowl tonight! Really happy with my purchase so far!

johnnyCanuck

I received my FW9 yesterday afternoon and was impressed! I loved my FW4 but it stopped working so I've been using my 2019 (I think) M. But damn was it nice to use a Firewood again!

I searched for info on doing a burnoff but I'm not sure I did it right. There seem to be lots of opinions on how long to do a burnoff but nothing in the included documentation or in Marc's FAQ about his recommended procedure. How long did you so do the initial burnoff? How long do you do burnoffs after cleaning the ceramic bits?

I think I did two 30 second burnoffs once I figured out how to do the unregulated heating and then it was time to try it. Can someone confirm how to do the unregulated setting? 5 quick presses then hold -or- 4 quick presses then hold?

My first session was a half packed capsule just to test with. I followed the instructions and started on the first preset. After the first heat up, the 9 seemed to buzz that it had reached temp about 2 seconds after the buzzes you get when pressing the button to activate the heater. Is that what others are experiencing as well? I was able to pull another 1-2 hits with vapor after letting go of the button.

I'm really looking forward to finding a routine with the capsules but I think I'll try the bowl tonight! Really happy with my purchase so far!
4 quick presses and hold on the 5th

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How long did you so do the initial burnoff? How long do you do burnoffs after cleaning the ceramic bits?

My burn offs were just done at the max stock temp setting, briefly to break in, I didn't clean any of the ceramic before first use, I trusted Marc's build to be pretty clean and has been fine for me... Yes it retains a lot of heat and I use very low temp settings in mine this way (fast heat up if warm already)

DRINKARIZONA

I notice that you have mentioned and shown a capsule cady while the bowl option is in use. Do you swap the capsules while using Bowl config?

Thanks for the Amazon link.

Yup I swap them. Its just a little extra work because the ceramic donut can be tough to remove, especially with the new capsules I got as theyre slightly thicker than the one I originally got with my bowl mode fw back in september.

I think the additional thickness of the new capsules makes the donut sit ever so slightly higher (in a location that hasnt worn in yet). Heat the device and the donut is easier to wiggle out with a poker tool or something. In fact the donut was hard to remove when it was brand new and eventually I was able to remove it by just turning my device upside down with the funnel removed.

I also got a capsule plug along with the capsule set and Im still playing around with what I keep in my bag. I might just leave the capsule set and plug at home. I find it easier to blow out spent herb and refill with pre-ground herb from a doob tube than to deal with the capsules while on the go. I still like capsule mode but I really dont like when herb falls in the heating coils. Anyone experiencing the same?

Last edited:
DRINKARIZONA,

Shit Snacks

still like capsule mode but I really dont like when herb falls in the heating coils. Anyone experiencing the same?

Yeah this is part of why I am really careful about keeping mine upright, aside from ocd lol helps prevent any potential crumb, also a good pack and grind, plus removing and placing in carefully (with tweezers ideally)

DRINKARIZONA

Yeah this is part of why I am really careful about keeping mine upright, aside from ocd lol helps prevent any potential crumb, also a good pack and grind, plus removing and placing in carefully (with tweezers ideally)
Reverse tweezers as you've mentioned before would be huge. Theres enough force from dropping in a capsule that some crumbs get knocked off

My concern with the Pelican is sealing it up while it's still warm/hot. It takes a minute for the whole vape to cool down, and I was worried about condensation forming in storage.
I often put away my vape in my bag while its still hot and personally I havent seen condensation anywhere I can see.. cant say the same for the internals so maybe I should pay more attention to that

nicknobody

What’s the highest temp native ppl are enjoying with their fw9? Are you stepping up to that temp or starting there or?

Currently I’m on 350,370,390

I’m only using mine native with the bowl option and temp stepping. I haven’t played too much above 390 because it’s so impressive at lower temps. It started to get a little coughy and woody for my liking above that but I am sensitive to some woods/wood vapes.

The fw9 produces some of the best effects of all the vapes I have tried. It truly slaps and I am just sipping on it.

Once you read the manual once or twice it becomes such a simple enjoyable ritual too. Only one button and three temps because that’s all it freaking needs.

The build itself is great too. Mine went together and comes apart very easily. Cleaning isn’t too bad. Good bit of parts but simple to maintain.

Silly question for a vape made out of mostly wood but.. does the wood signature mellow out with time? If so, roughly how many batteries would you say till it looses some of that?

Thanks

Shit Snacks

What’s the highest temp native ppl are enjoying with their fw9? Are you stepping up to that temp or starting there or?

Currently I’m on 350,370,390

I’m only using mine native with the bowl option and temp stepping. I haven’t played too much above 390 because it’s so impressive at lower temps. It started to get a little coughy and woody for my liking above that but I am sensitive to some woods/wood vapes.

Yeah I use 320, then 350, and 380 is more of a clean up setting since if you milk the lower settings as I like to there is less left at the upper and higher can be uncomfortable

Silly question for a vape made out of mostly wood but.. does the wood signature mellow out with time? If so, roughly how many batteries would you say till it looses some of that?

I think it depends on the specific cut of wood and your sensitivities, I do think it gets better and better, but I couldn't say how fast

FatOldEnt

How many other FW9 owners either don't get the buzz when preset temp is reached or it buzzes too soon?

Mine does the latter - I hold down the button and receive the current preset indicator buzz, then a second or two later I get a single buzz, even when the unit is cold.

I really don't want to have to deal with sending it back to Marc to fix, but how long does the 9 typically take to get up to temp? My temp presets are currently 310/330/340.

FatOldEnt,
Reactions: nicknobody

nicknobody

How many other FW9 owners either don't get the buzz when preset temp is reached or it buzzes too soon?

Mine does the latter - I hold down the button and receive the current preset indicator buzz, then a second or two later I get a single buzz, even when the unit is cold.

I really don't want to have to deal with sending it back to Marc to fix, but how long does the 9 typically take to get up to temp? My temp presets are currently 310/330/340.
On the lower temps my 9 also vibes almost immediately to show it’s ready after indicating what temp setting it’s on

I think it’s a delicate balance. You want an actual rip but don’t want to over cook the goods and make a mess

This is probably why the manual says hold the button after it reaches temp on the first go for up to 10 seconds before ripping. That preheat gets the whole rig warm then then the ready buzz is more accurate on the rest of the hits

If that makes any sense. I think your 9 is fine
I've been doing 380 or 400 and I finish the bowl in 2 or 3 puffs usually.

I've been using the firewood pretty much exclusively since I got it. Really impressive device. It's nice to have a heavy hitter to use outside rather than always going to the ball vape in the garage lol.
isn’t that with a wpa through glass?

This thing really gives me satisfying vapor and effects!

For science ima try and crush some bowls at higher temps. I’m thinking it might break in that wood signature a little quicker for me

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think the additional thickness of the new capsules makes the donut sit ever so slightly higher (in a location that hasnt worn in yet). Heat the device and the donut is easier to wiggle out with a poker tool or something. In fact the donut was hard to remove when it was brand new and eventually I was able to remove it by just turning my device upside down with the funnel removed.
I don't have a lot of experience with my bowl unit yet, but I have noticed this issue with the capsule sitting a bit high. When I first got mine, the capsule (and the donut) sat so high that you could barely screw the funnel in place. After trying to fuss with it, I sent it back to Marc for an adjustment. After getting it back I only found a slight improvement and the funnel still barely makes contact with the thread to hold it in place. I even tried taking a fine emery board and sanding down the wings of the funnel to make them a tad thinner. Still, the funnel barely holds in place. I have to be careful when removing the plug during a session, because if I wiggle it in the wrong direction it will nudge the funnel and pop it out.
This is the only real issue I've had with my 9. So rather than deal with the hassle of another return I just took advantage of the 420 sale and bought the capsule plug and an extra capsule. I'll see which way I prefer, but with the capsule plug and no donut I'm hoping the setup is a bit more stable.

I now set up my settings to be 320, 340 and 360. Most of my extraction is in the first 2 settings and I also use the 360 for more of a finish up setting. I enjoy my 9 very much. To quote a legendary FC member, it's a very "civilized" vape session with great flavor on the lower settings. And I agree that since I'm vaping at such low temps I really don't need a significant cooling stem. The little 14mm Jhook I use works perfectly. Still exploring a good stink-proof case to keep it in.

Top Bottom