Firefly burning my low temp herbs...inevitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionNebula

So after receiving my vapir rise about a week ago, i liked it so much that i went ahead and bought a portable vaporizer, a firefly for when I am on the go. I don't normally smoke weed -- I use it mostly for chamomile and other calming herbs. The vapir has helped me tremendously. Anyway, the firefly burns my chamomile and lavender! I get a burned taste very soon. Do I need to get another portable with adjustable temperature to vape these herbs, like the crafty/mighty?

OrionNebula,

YungLeaner

If it's possible, I would return the firefly if you bought it for full price. The new Firefly seems to be a lot improved and is coming out very soon. I had trouble with the firefly, but it's a great vape. I think you should be able to get lower temp hits with it. Try holding the heating button down for less time, inhaling a little harder. Eventually you should find the sweet spot.

YungLeaner,

OrionNebula

Thanks, are you saying that with enough skill "holding the heating button down for less time, inhaling a little harder" you can get as much of a vaping temperature range as with any other high end vape?

OrionNebula,

YungLeaner

No, you can't and that's why I didn't like the Firefly. It's max temp is 400 and there's no direct degree control in the sense that you can consistently hit 250 or something. I would personally return it and grab a mighty if you can afford it. If you want cheaper stuff check out Flowermate pro which has direct control for like 160, similar price is boundless CFX which also has digital temp control. Davinci ascent also but I'm clumsy so I don't love breakable glass parts. All of these vapes will be much easier to do low temps with than the firefly

woolspinner

Do you think I could use the Firefly with Chamomile essential oil, dropping a few drops on the wire mesh pads?

Hmmm...not sure if that is safe or not.

Okay, if you go out to the main forums, then the forum "Vaporizables" then do a search on that forum for "essential oil" you can see. That might return too many results, so you could limit to titles or add "camomile ".

Or you could just read thread titles and read the ones that interest you, which would be fun and informative, but not very fast. ;):D

As a new member, you may want peruse the rules of the forums just to be safe. One thing - if you want to avoid getting a wrist slap, do not post back-to-back in a forum IF your first post still has the "edit" button available. If a mod sees that, you might get a private message. I am not trying to hassle you, but do want you to have a good experience and not feel hassled. If you read and post enough, eventually you will build up enough points to be able to post in the classifieds and enter contests and whatnot. This is a GREAT and FUN community and I hope you like it here!

ETA: I sometimes still forget about the back-to-back thing. Usually, adding an edit to the second post "sorry mods for the back-to-back, I forgot" will appease the mod gods. :D

woolspinner,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
So after receiving my vapir rise about a week ago, i liked it so much that i went ahead and bought a portable vaporizer, a firefly for when I am on the go. I don't normally smoke weed -- I use it mostly for chamomile and other calming herbs. The vapir has helped me tremendously. Anyway, the firefly burns my chamomile and lavender! I get a burned taste very soon. Do I need to get another portable with adjustable temperature to vape these herbs, like the crafty/mighty?

I don't think the FF was really designed with these types of flower in mind. (It's more of a "tobacco plus" kinda thing. ;)) I agree that you can mitigate the too-hot problem via technique:

• Keep the herbs loose in the bowl.
  • Keep the heat button press time to the shortest possible in order to generate vapor.
  • Don't press the button more than once per hit.
  • Keep your hits short and shallow.

Do you think I could use the Firefly with Chamomile essential oil, dropping a few drops on the wire mesh pads?

I would guess this is safe, but just start with a small amount, like one drop. You want to avoid having any liquid drip onto the steel plate...that's the only risk.

Good luck. (Btw this conversation is better served over in the FF thread, where more savvy users will see it and possibly have some wisdom.)

mitchgo61,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom