Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LabPong

Fair enough. Just shocked me to see that on a real expensive vape. I just noticed it. Was like geez. Craftsmanship and pride for manufacturing out the window.

I do not understand why you think those 2 parts need to be perfectly aligned. There is 0 need for it and they are 2 diff parts that will not be affected in any way if they are changed from how they are now....to what you would like them to be...perfectly aligned.

Have you taken a FF2 apart yet to see all the pieces and how it goes together? When you do....you will then understand you are making something out of nothing. It has nothing to do with quality of build...it is only about design/engineering of said parts to make function as designed.

I'm still unable to get a completely even bake on the herb but at the same time I can not say I'm not toasted either.

The reason why you can not get a even bake....or even extraction of the load....is the reason why you need to stir often with this vape using flower. It is because the airpath goes from the oven bottom then in a more narrow path through the load and exits the top of the load....mainly on the side of the bowl that goes directly to the mouth piece. So the heat tracks/flows through the bowl unevenly because of they way that air/vapor path happens on a draw.

This is why I do not grind flower at all when I load a FF2....only chunks or whole buds and it is easier to manage and stir. Also helps keep it cleaner this way.

Last edited:

ginolicious

I have watched several tear down videos of the vape. Just found it odd when the upper piece didn’t have the gap.

ginolicious,

LabPong

I have watched several tear down videos of the vape. Just found it odd when the upper piece didn’t have the gap.

Both my FF2 and FF2+ are exactly the same....top and bottom have the same gap.

If you look close at the 2 parts you want the gap closed on......there is a reason why there is a space. It is what fits in that hole...the mouthpiece mates up perfectly to the inner piece to seal itself off. The outside shell of the vape has shape there.....ie not flat. Thus....gap between 2 parts that do not have to meet or seal each other off. This little gap you see....(only when the mp is out and you purposely look at that tiny area).....does not have any bearing on quality, performance or any other of need to change.

Basically, it is just the way the parts go together which have separate functions.

LabPong,
Reactions: Djsleepy

ginolicious

Both my FF2 and FF2+ are exactly the same....top and bottom have the same gap.

If you look close at the 2 parts you want the gap closed on......there is a reason why there is a space. It is what fits in that hole...the mouthpiece mates up perfectly to the inner piece to seal itself off. The outside shell of the vape has shape there.....ie not flat. Thus....gap between 2 parts that do not have to meet or seal each other off. This little gap you see....(only when the mp is out and you purposely look at that tiny area).....does not have any bearing on quality, performance or any other of need to change.

Basically, it is just the way the parts go together which have separate functions.

Fair enough. Still the best vape I’ve owned.

ginolicious,

DryBonesufo

A lot of people say that ff2 is not discreet. I have snuck it in the United Center no problem. If anyone is considering of possibly sneaking into concerts or sporting events, here’s how you can sneak it in.

Do not pack the bowl and if possible just put the concentrate in there (I’ll explain soon), take the mouth piece off. What I do is place a Chicago Bulls sticker covering the glass window and the emblem. Don’t place the sticker too hard so that it is easy to take it off and not leave any sticky marks on the vape.
So the set up before you put your electronics in that bin for inspection are: mouth piece off, some type of sticker or tape to cover the emblem and the glass. What I do for better discreetness is wrap a usb coed around the firefly and place the unit face down. FOR any reason the turn it over, you have that nice sticker and if you don’t, the concentrate pad is e liquid.There you have a nice looking power bank! This was successful getting into lollapalooza with this beast !

Djsleepy

I found that I can tell when I need to swap batteries when I notice buttons not responding like they should or at all. New batttey and back in business!

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

So to clean my lid I now rinse under hot water to avoid the seal from getting any iso on it. I will run a Q tip with ISO on the big areas of the lid that are the most dirty. Primarily where it covers the bowl. I will then run a q tip of water along the edges close to the seal. And then I rinse under hot water. It just sucks cause you gotta let the lid air dry and takes a bit. But this method removes any risk of the seal getting ISO on it. And so far seems like water is fine and doesn’t ruin the seal or adhesive used for the seal.

ginolicious,

b0

Cloudy...
Have they sorted the issue of batteries losing power overnight? Does battery now last if unused?

b0,

ginolicious

Have they sorted the issue of batteries losing power overnight? Does battery now last if unused?

I know a lot of vape batteries deplete over night to a certain degree. Sometimes I go 2-3 days before charging mine and never an issue using it.

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

Could be the same thing as with the ghost with bluetooth enabled on their phone was causing batteries.to drain , I have an iphone and have no way to test theory though....

Djsleepy,

adamster

So to clean my lid I now rinse under hot water to avoid the seal from getting any iso on it. I will run a Q tip with ISO on the big areas of the lid that are the most dirty. Primarily where it covers the bowl. I will then run a q tip of water along the edges close to the seal. And then I rinse under hot water. It just sucks cause you gotta let the lid air dry and takes a bit. But this method removes any risk of the seal getting ISO on it. And so far seems like water is fine and doesn’t ruin the seal or adhesive used for the seal.
So I didn't know this and my seal doesn't stay on i Usually have to form it in. Is this why I have noticed the reduced overall performance of this device from when I had first gotten it?

I’ve got some very dry weed. I either get combustion when I use it too fine. Or if I break of coarse pieces I don’t get a lot of vapor. Is there a way to make this vape work well with dry weed?
i've given up. I even sent it to them, and nothing changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
adamster,

ginolicious

So I didn't know this and my seal doesn't stay on i Usually have to form it in. Is this why I have noticed the reduced overall performance of this device from when I had first gotten it?

yea. You damaged your seal. Not getting good closure and letter air in on the sides therefore affecting your vapor.

ginolicious,

DryBonesufo

You can buy another cover... but also make sure your mouth piece is all the way in as well.

DryBonesufo,

DryBonesufo

I do not understand why you think those 2 parts need to be perfectly aligned. There is 0 need for it and they are 2 diff parts that will not be affected in any way if they are changed from how they are now....to what you would like them to be...perfectly aligned.

Have you taken a FF2 apart yet to see all the pieces and how it goes together? When you do....you will then understand you are making something out of nothing. It has nothing to do with quality of build...it is only about design/engineering of said parts to make function as designed.

The reason why you can not get a even bake....or even extraction of the load....is the reason why you need to stir often with this vape using flower. It is because the airpath goes from the oven bottom then in a more narrow path through the load and exits the top of the load....mainly on the side of the bowl that goes directly to the mouth piece. So the heat tracks/flows through the bowl unevenly because of they way that air/vapor path happens on a draw.

This is why I do not grind flower at all when I load a FF2....only chunks or whole buds and it is easier to manage and stir. Also helps keep it cleaner this way.

Honestly I don’t stir my bowls, I just pat the vape a little bit to move the flower around

DryBonesufo,

adamster

But I think it wasn't working well before the seal issue. I already bought a crafty+. This vape is too complicated to use for me. Now I don't know where to sell it but it can't be worth too much it needs a new cover.

adamster,

Djsleepy

But I think it wasn't working well before the seal issue. I already bought a crafty+. This vape is too complicated to use for me. Now I don't know where to sell it but it can't be worth too much it needs a new cover.

Someone on thread said to use honey to seal haven t tried but may work and is harmless if heated

Djsleepy,

Ernielicous

I clean my firefly mainly with brass brushes. The firefly cleaning kit comes with one, but you can buy a bunch online. I got mines from aliexpress 20 pack for like 5 bucks or something. With brass brushes you can clean the lid but just the center screen part. avoid the sides. If the sides of the lid gets lifted, youve pretty much messed up the tight airflow that is supposed to be in place in order for everything to work right. I also use the brass brushes to clean the bowl, i find its effective in declogging the little holes in the bowl bc the brass hairs are solid enough to penetrate the little holes, declogging the device and cleaning the bowl in the process. This works but sometimes if its too dirty ill just grab some 70% alcohol wipes. Just again AVOID THE SIDES OF THE LID when cleaning.

Ernielicous,

ginolicious

I rinse my lid with water to get rid of any left over gunk which never seems to pose issues for me

ginolicious,

LabPong

I clean my firefly mainly with brass brushes. The firefly cleaning kit comes with one, but you can buy a bunch online. I got mines from aliexpress 20 pack for like 5 bucks or something. With brass brushes you can clean the lid but just the center screen part. avoid the sides. If the sides of the lid gets lifted, youve pretty much messed up the tight airflow that is supposed to be in place in order for everything to work right. I also use the brass brushes to clean the bowl, i find its effective in declogging the little holes in the bowl bc the brass hairs are solid enough to penetrate the little holes, declogging the device and cleaning the bowl in the process. This works but sometimes if its too dirty ill just grab some 70% alcohol wipes. Just again AVOID THE SIDES OF THE LID when cleaning.

Sorry...no the FF2 nor the FF2+ come with "brass" brushes. In fact no brush comes with a FF2+, only ISO pads. They used to only put in the typical soft plastic brushes you get with shavers.

But do not use any metal brush on the lid....only place you should use a metal brush on is the oven/screen bottom.

Just use ISO on qtips or pads to clean the lid off and just do not get close to the foam seal. It's not that hard..just do not saturate the qtip that much.

LabPong,

Ernielicous

Sorry...no the FF2 nor the FF2+ come with "brass" brushes. In fact no brush comes with a FF2+, only ISO pads. They used to only put in the typical soft plastic brushes you get with shavers.

But do not use any metal brush on the lid....only place you should use a metal brush on is the oven/screen bottom.

Just use ISO on qtips or pads to clean the lid off and just do not get close to the foam seal. It's not that hard..just do not saturate the qtip that much.

You're right. It doesn't come with the firefly. Firefly sells it seperately in their cleaning kit for 9$. Here is the link https://thefirefly.com/products/cleaning-kit im pretty sure if firefly sells it, it is okay to use to clean the bowl

Ernielicous,

LabPong

Man....using a wire brush for a drill.....even more no thank you...lol But NewVape sells them too...and I can understand using them on Ti or SS.

I learned in 20 seconds how to take apart the FF2's and do anything needed. I soak my oven screen if it gets stuff on it...but I do not do flower in the FF2's...just concentrates with the pad.

But I know that when you use flower...the FF2's get gunked up fast and it limits the session if you do not clean after ever use almost. This is why I never grind anything and just used whole buds or chunks...keeps it much cleaner and easier to stir after each hit.

Sorry, even if the manufacture sells it....does not mean it is optimum or good. Maybe they just want you to buy more lids with using it?

LabPong,

adamster

i wish i had known this.

adamster,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom